Descendants 1,2, And 3 one-sh...

By RoseStojkovic

A book where I write one-shots about all our favorite VK's and AK's ships: BenxMal, EviexDoug, CarlosxJane... More

A Matter of Pride
The White Cat And The Castle

Swords And Hearts

1.5K 27 7
By RoseStojkovic

Jay POV

I quickly brought my sword up above my head to block my opponents swing. I braced the blade against my palm, pushing against the sword that clashed against mine. I sent a burst of energy forward, pushing my opponent off balance. I quickly struck low towards their leg but my blade struck metal. My opponent had blocked my attack, they parried my blade out of the way, sending my arm up and to the side, I almost lost my grip. I quickly kicked out, my foot met their abdomen, then I pushed, trying to lessen the pressure my opponent was creating by putting space between us. They staggered back, but kept their form well, keeping their sword pointed towards me. They quickly turned around and planted their foot onto the blue and yellow box behind them. I watched as they pushed off, spinning around and kicking out there leg, aiming for my head. I ducked, but as I straightened up I felt the plastic tip of the guard on my opponent's sword pressing into the middle of my back. I gave a sigh, dropped my blade and said

"I concede." My opponent took their blade off my back and I turned to face them, removing my mask. They did the same. I smiled as their long black locks whipped out of the face guard. To reveal the beautiful, yet dangerous, Lonnie Shang, captain if the R.O.A.R team.

"That was a good match." she said placing her mask on her hip, while holding her sword in the same hand. I bent down to pick up my sword.

"Yeah, I really liked that jump spin kick you did!" I said.

"Thanks" she replied taking a step towards me and running her free hand through her hair to get it to sit right. "I picked it up from my brother."

"Really? He could never pull that off." I said flashing her my signature smile. "You're way more agile than he is." She shook her head at my complement

"I guess I tweaked it a bit." She said walking towards me, for a moment our faces were inches apart, though she kept walking and sidestepped me continuing to the bench where our gear bags were.

I had never figured she would be the one playing hard to get. Other girls had tried to gain my attention by falling all over me, but Lonnie didn't. For the first time I was the one trying to get someone else's attention, and it was refreshing.

I quickly followed her over to the benches, I pulled my bag out from under the seat and placed it on top. As I was placing my mask into my bag I looked over at Lonnie. She was rummaging through her bag, clearly looking for something. I smiled, knowing exactly what she was looking for.

"Jay, where's my towel?" she said turning towards me. I shrugged, looking down at the blade I was handing to her.

"I don't know, maybe you left it in your dorm again." looking up at her face I could see she didn't believe me. She took the sword out of my hand, giving an exasperated sigh. She walked over to the barrel where we kept the swords and placed the ones we were using inside. We weren't allowed to take them out of the gym, except for outdoor practice, because apparently it's not a good idea to let minors carry swords around school. As her back was turned to me I pulled the towel out of my bag, I waited for her to turn around before quickly placing it behind my back, I had timed it just right so she would just see the towel disappear behind my back.

"Jay" she said, placing her hands on her hips "I know you have it."

"I don't know what you're talking about." I replied looking up at the ceiling.

"Jay" she sighed "give it to me." walking over to me and reaching behind me to grab it. I quickly pulled it up and dangled it above my head.

"Oh, is this what you're looking for?" I asked, feigning innocence. She stepped closer to me and stood on the tips of her toes, reaching upwards, but I pulled it out of reach behind my back again. She looked me directly in the eyes. We were inches apart again. Her gaze conveyed a soft annoyance yet she looked happy. We stood there for a little, smiling, I said.

"You want the towel back?" she rolled her eyes and placed her hand on my chest

"yes" she replied, I smirked before saying

"Then let me take you to that juice bar you like." I stated, pulling her closer to me. She smiled and put her hand over my shoulder. She leaned in towards me, I felt the towel yanked out of my hand as she turned away from me.

"Oh no you don't" I said wrapping my arms around her waist, stopping her from running away.

"I've got the towel" she said, her free hand griping my wrist in a halfhearted attempt to break free "now let me go!" She yelled through her laughter.

"Now why would I do that?" I asked, leaning so that I could see her face. She raised an eyebrow at me. She turned around to face me, my hands still on her waist. She looked into my eyes, there was something different about the way she looked at me, nobody had ever looked at me that way before.

"What?" I asked softly. She smiled

"Okay." She replied.

"Okay what?" I asked again. She placed her hand on my shoulder before replying

"You can take me to the juce bar." I couldn't help it, her words put a big grin on my face. She smiled too, then placed a quick kiss on my cheek before walking over to her bag. I stood in that spot, filled with joy and something I couldn't place. I really enjoyed her company. I was pulled out of my thoughts by someone calling my name.

"Jay!" Lonnie called from the door to the gym. I turned to face her. "Are you coming?" She asked.

"Yeah." I replied before grabbing my bag and walking over to where she was.

"What time should I meet you?" She asked as we walked down the hall.

"Give me half an hour, and I'll pick you up from your dorm." I said looking over at her. She looked back saying.

"Sounds good." She gave me a smile before adding "See you then." We then parted ways, each of us heading to our dorms.

************************************
Lonnie POV

I walked out if the bathroom after changing out of my R.O.A.R. uniform and into a pair of grey jeans, a blue tee with the words "fight like a girl" on it in black, and my tennis shoes. As I walked over to my side of the dorm my roommate Ally walked in.

"Hello Lonnie" she said in with her usual English accent.

"Hey Ally" I replied grabbing my phone and looking at the time.

"Are you waiting for something?" She asked, though we both new what the answer to that question was. I answered her anyway.

"I'm waiting for Jay, we're going to palace garden juces." I answered, trying to suppress the smile that was forcing itself onto my face.

"This is like your fith date with him, isn't it?" Ally asked thoughtfully.

"Well... I'm not sure if you would call it a date." I said, crossing my arms. Ally gave me a serious look.

"Did he ask you?" She inquired

"Yes" I replied

"It is just you two?"

"Yes." I replied, not likeing where this was going.

"Do you like him?"

"I..I don't know" I replied.

"Lonnie, stop fighting this, it's definitely a date, you like him and you know it." Ally said matter-o-fatctly. I was about to say something but was stopped in my tracks by someone knocking on our door.

"Speek of the villian" Ally teased.

"He's not a villian" I said walking over to the door. Ally looked at me, her eyebrow raised. "Anymore, okay." I added before opening the door.
Jay was wearing a pair of black jeans, a dark blue tee, and his red and black leather jacket.

"Are you ready?" He asked, a small smile on his face.

"Yep." I replied, walking through the door. I turned to Ally

"Bye." I said waving

"Bye" she replied.

************************************

We had gotten our smoothies and we're walking in a near by park talking about nothing in particular, laughing at each others jokes.

"So, what else have you been up too?" Jay asked me before taking another sip of of his smoothie.

"You mean besides coming up with R.O.A.R. plays and doing homework?" I asked, taking a sip of my drink.

"Well, yeah" he confirmed, looking over at me.

"Not much." I replied before taking another sip, and looking at him. "How about you?" I inquired. He looked forward saying

"Besides the usual stuff, I've been hanging out with this really great girl" I looked back at him, curious to what his expression was. He was looking at me, and smiling, but not his usual flirty smirk that he would use on other girls, he looked genuinely happy.

"Why don't we go over there?" I suggested grabbing his hand. And pulling him towards this little dirt path. I led him down the path and through the trees and into a little clearing with a bench on one side. I looked back at him, and let go of his hand. He was looking around in awe. I walked over to the bench and sat down, patting the spot next to me, and he followed.

"So, who's this girl you think so highly of?" I asked playfully, looking over at him, even though I was pretty sure that I knew the answer. He thought for a little bit before placing his arm behind me on the bench.

"I think you might know her." He said smiling at me.

"Jay?" I asked, turning to face him and sitting up.

"Yeah?" he replied, I could tell that he sensed that I was going to ask something serious.

"What.... What are we?" I asked, he rested his elbow on the back of the bench and leaned his head on his hand. He thought for a little before replying.

"What do you want us to be?" I looked into his eyes, thinking about our relationship. We do spend a lot of together, I like being with him, weather we're alone or not; he makes me laugh, but I can still have a serious conversation with him. I wasn't sure how to put my thoughts into words, but I knew one thing. The question was, did I have the courage to tell him. 

"I don't know" I replied. Really, I couldn't think if something better!? Gosh what is he doing to me?

"You know what I know?" He asked.

"What?"

"I know that you are smart, strong, funny, and beautiful." I had never heard Jay talk like this before, he's never really this open. "And I know that I really like spending time with you." He added, looking at me with those chocolate chip eyes. "We don't have to label this." He said gesturing to the both of us with his hand.

I smiled, knowing that he was showing a side of himself that he usually kept to himself. It felt really nice to be someone he could be himself around, but something was still nagging me.

"I feel the same way" I replied."but, I want to know one thing."

"What is it?"

"I don't want to worry whenever I see you talking to another girl and seeing her laughing at your jokes and falling all over you. I...I want to know you're mine." I had done it, I had put my feelings on the line. I didn't like the feeling in my stomach when he was just looking at me, not replying for what seemed like forever.

"Lonnie" he finally spoke, taking my free hand in his. "I wouldn't have it any other way."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

200K 10.1K 89
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
75K 2.9K 6
2 tom dylogii ,,Agony"
53.3K 142 17
just some of my horny thoughts;) men dni
157K 3.6K 61
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad