Ishqbaaaz : The Return of Obr...

By Lakshmi1099

Highest rank #21 on 09/02/2018 in fanfictions. 7 years have passed since that fateful day. The day when the f... More

Author speaking ;)
Prologue
Shivaay
Shivika
Rudra
Rumya
Omkara
Rikara
Dadi
Flashback.
Flashback 2
The truth.
Fear.
Memories and more..
Journeys.
The dilemma.
When the past comes knocking.
New beginnings
Relations
Home Sweet Home(Part A)
Home Sweet Home(Part B)
Morning stress.
Conspiracies
The meet.
Confrontations
Introductions.
Revelations.
Lost in time.
Forgive and Forget?
The Welcome.
When the unexpected happens.
The Breaking News.
The mastermind's plan.
Suspicions.
The rise.
Untitled
The call.
Choices and Consequeces
Preparations
The past.
The Homecoming.
Homecoming (Part B)
Relations?
Continue??
Conflicts.
Mine.
I've got your back,Di
Outside the bubble.
The party.
The limit
The ties that bind

Bonds.

8.1K 439 35
By Lakshmi1099

💕First of all,A big thank you to all those who commented and voted.Thank you so much for the votes and comments.💕 

I am down with a fever so I couldn't post this earlier.Because of the fever and perhaps the medicines, I slept like a log throughout the day.Finally I gathered enough energy to complete this update but couldn't edit it.Sorry for the errors.So with a fever,headache and watery eyes,I present to you the next update..!!

Happy reading..😘  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

Though Jhanvi hoped that Shivaay had a change of mind about his decision regarding his return to the Oberoi mansion,still there was no sign of her wishes coming true.Shivaay still stuck on this decision of not coming back.So Jhanvi had decided to visit Anika to know what Anika wanted.She knew that whatever decision Shivaay took,it will definitely take into Anika's choice. And if Anika was on her side then there was a greater chance for his decision to be in her favour.

Jhanvi was waiting in the living area an frame on the wall caught her attention.She stood up from the sofa and walked closer to the frame to inspect it.It was a photo of four of them-Shivaay,Anika,Naira and Sahil on a vacation probably.All of them had full blown smiles on their faces. Infact,their smiles was so infectious that even Jhanvi smiled at their infectious happiness.  They look so happy...so content. Jhanvi mused.

Suddenly the smile faded away as she recalled the reason she was here today.her mission of getting everybody back to the Oberoi mansion suddenly seemed selfish.If she has to pay the price of these smiles to succeeded in her dream.Is it really worth it?she wondered. When she started her search and set her goal of seeing all her children under one roof again she was convinced hat her mission was for the good of the entire family. but now she herself started to doubt the intentions of the mission.

Though Anika was a nervous mess on the inside but she still tried her level best to not show her anxiety on her face.As she came down the stairs,she saw Jhanvi standing in front of one of the photo frames that were hung on the living room wall.She had instructed the staff to escort Jhanvi to the family living area and not to the formal living area because she didnot want Badi maa to feel like an outsider in their house. After all,she was Shivaay's badi maa.

"Have a seat badi..."  Anika fumbled ."Jhanvi Aunty"She completed.She was feeling awkward to call Jhanvi badi maa.

An awkward silence was settling between them. Both of them had so much to ask and know but they just didn't know from where to start.Anika suddenly realized that she had not offered Jhanvi anything to drink,

"Jhanvi aunty,shall I get you something to drink?Tea,Coffee?"

"No thanks Anika.Actually I had come here to discuss something with you."Jhanvi hesitated before speaking further."Actually Anika saath saal pehle.."

"I know,Jhanvi aunty.Shivaay ne bataya."Anika answered. Jhanvi was relieved that she would not have to relive those painful memories again and Anika was already aware of the situation which made her job easier.

"Then you must also be knowing that we want Shivaay to come back.What do you think will be his decision?"Jhanvi asked Anika.

Decision?She looked up to Jhanvi at this word.There was no question of a decision because in Shivaay's case there was only one option of returning back to Oberoi mansion.He loved his family too much to stay away even after learning the truth.

"Of course,Jhanvi aunty he will come back."she replied confused as to why Jhanvi was asking a question whose answer was so obvious.

Does she think that I am against his return.Doubted Anika."I will never want Shivaay to stay away from his family."she assured Jhanvi.

"Of course Anika I know that and I didn't mean it in that way.Just that Shivaay didn't mention anything about returning when we met the last time so I just wanted to know what his decision was."Jhanvi re-framed her sentence when she realized that probably Shivaay had not told Anika about him,not returning back to the Oberoi mansion.

It would be best if Shivaay tells her himself.It will be better to let him do it rather than Anika having to hear about such an important decision from someone else.Jhanvi concluded.

"Trust me Jhanvi aunty he will come back.For the last seven years,each day he has missed all of you.I am sure that he will be more than happy to get back his family.Aur aap dekhna sab kuch pehle jaisa ho jayega."

"I am sorry Jhanvi aunty,that I had to lie to you the other day at the hospital.I didn't mean to but I had no other option."Anika apologized.  

"No Anika,it is not your fault.You didnot know the truth back then and your reaction was totally justified in its place.In fact I would have done the same thing if I was at your place."Jhanvi assured Anika.

"Can I ask you something?"

"If you got to know of the truth seven years ago then why didn't you search for Shivaay back then.Why did you let him stay in this notion that his family hates him, for seven long years?Why?"

Jhanvi was taken aback by the question.Jhanvi realized that Anika was right.What could she tell her?She couldn't tell her that all of them watched their family scatter in front of their eyes but didn't even move a finger to rectify things and bring the situation back to normalcy for seven long years.Could she tell her that her mother in law wanted her grandsons back when she realized that they were the only way to revive the sinking Oberoi industries and the broken Oberoi family.Could she tell Anika that she herself was being selfish to want to fulfill the dreams of her mother in law, who gave her more love than her own mother did,even if it meant disrupting the peaceful and calm life of her sons and bringing them back to the Oberoi mansion.

"Anika it is not that we didn't want to search for him but so many things were happening simultaneously that we couldn't do it.By the time things settled down and we picked up the broken pieces,a lot of time had passed. But it is always said that it is never too late to start."

Though Jhanvi tried to sound as convincing as possible but still she knew that none of her excuses or explanations were enough to compensate for the seven years of mental torture that they made Shivaay go through. They should have searched for Shivaay years ago.She definitely didn't know of what others wanted but she wanted to search for Shivaay even before the truth came out.The sad part was that,she didn't. She had promised Shivaay that she would stand by the family.She knew that if Shivaay was found she wouldn't be able to stay in the Oberoi mansion and would go back out from her promise.

After the truth came out,it was all a blur for her.Tej's truth,Swethlana's shifting,Om's missing,his letter,the news of Rudra and Saumya's marriage,her own divorce etc,it was as if the whole world was crashing around her and all she could do was to just stand by and watch.By the time all of it had passed she was shattered into pieces that it took her so much of effort and hard-work to spring back to her feet.It had been quite a task to convert herself from the alcoholic,neglected Jhanvi Singh Oberoi to the free spirited fiery Jhanvi Malhotra,that she was before her marriage.

Anika had dared to demand an explanation for the mental torture that her husband had gone through because of them and Jhanvi did sincerely admire her for that.It was during these moments that Jhanvi could see the Old daring Anika behind the calm sophisticated exterior.

Jhanvi realized that she was seeing a split image of her younger self in Anika.Bold,Couragous fiery and unapologetic. Anika was all that she had once been before her marriage. The only difference is that Anika had not let the circumstances extinguish her inner fire while she  had allowed the fire to die down.She gave up on her dreams and allowed the circumstances and the people around her control her life.From 'takkar ka' their relationship became that of two unequals.This gave Tej so much control over her life.His betrayal cut her sharp and deep ,that she bled with pain.In order to numb her pain,she took the help of alcohol which ultimately paved way for the destruction of the last trace of the person she initially was.

Some memories are so bad that just thinking about them is enough to hurt you all over again.Jhanvi could still feel the sting of the old memories.

"Anika,phir mein chalti hoon."

Anika was surprised by the sudden announcement. She doubted whether her question had hurt Jhanvi.She definitely didn't mean to do that.Feeling guilty Anika walked to Jhanvi and said sorry for the second time in a day.

"I am sorry,Jhanvi aunty. I didn't mean to hurt you."

In return,Jhanvi just smiled and held Anika's hands.

"Tumhe pata hai,you remind me of the younger me.I was just like you.But just remember one thing Anika that no matter what,never let the fire inside you die and never let anyone else take the reigns of your life.Joh galti maine ki thi,voh tum mat karna."

Anika nodded with tear filled eyes.    

After bidding good bye Jhanvi walked to the front door leaving Anika pondering over Jhanvi's words.Anika's eyes filled thinking of the lady in front of her.She had gone through so much and she still managed to pick herself up.While Anika was lost in her thoughts,Jhanvi stopped in her tracks.She turned and walked back to the glassy eyed Anika to take into into a motherly hug.

Jhanvi seriously didnot know why she came back to give Anika a hug.She just felt like it.Gut feeling.She had met Anika times in the past one week.She had met Anika three times over the past one week.Once in the hospital where she hugged her as a gesture of friendliness.Today she had come to meet Anika as she was her son's wife,Shivaay's wife.But now she hugged Anika as a mother.Anika felt like her own daughter.  

Anika stood froze by the sudden action.She just couldnt move.The warm feeling which she never experienced before just froze her movements. She didnot remember her birth mother's hug and the time she spend with Sahil's parents was also too small,so practically speaking she never knew what a mother's hug felt like.But this hug was the closest she ever had,to a mother's hug.She wanted to live this moment forever,to stay in those warm arms that felt so secure. Wrapping her arms around Jhanvi she prayed to god to extend this moment a little more than it was destined to.

As they stood there holding each other with tears flowing from their eyes,Jhanvi said the words that she had been dying to say to Anika,maybe even before seven years."Welcome to the family."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next day.

Gauri was looking into the designs when the intercom buzzed and she was called into her boss's cabin.She knocked on the door and entered to see Anika pouring her attention over he laptop and the files on the table.The whole office was busy in their own works including their boss.They were making a collective effort to rectify the mess that was caused due to the previous team's sheer negligence.

Seeing Gauri at the door,Anika closed her laptop shut and gestured her to have a seat.

"Gauri,the manager of the venue wants to meet me personally.I want you to come with me as you were the one handling the venue bookings etc."

The previous staff had messed up with the venue booking which resulted in a second party being booked at the same hall on the same day.Thankfully,they had a written contract which gave them more power and legal rights over the venue than the other party on that date.

"Maam,I had submitted the file which contained the venue's contract papers to you yesterday.We will be needing them to show it to the manager."Gauri informed.

"Oh yaa,the papers."Anika searched the table for the mentioned file only to discover that she had forgotten to get it to the office today and had left it at home.

"Gauri,I think i have left the file at home.So we will do one thing,we will first go to my house to get it and then go to the venue.It will save us more time rather than waiting for someone to fetch it.I need to get over with this problem asap so that we can look into more serious and important matters."

Gauri nodded and rushed to get her bag and other belonging from her table.

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soon the car they were traveling drove into the driveway of a villa.As soon as it stopped near the door,Anika rushed out to get the files but not before asking Gauri to come in.

Gauri stood at the steps wondering whether to go in or continue standing there. Suddenly she was pushed form behind  and she jerked forward resulting in all her papers from her files scattering onto the floor.

"Ek jhaamp pe...."She turned angrily ready to give the person a verbal lashing for pushing her but was surprised to find nobody.She looked down to see a little girl standing there looking upto her with apologetic bluish-green eyes.Those eyes.I have seen them somewhere.Gauri wondered. 

"i am sorry.I was running so I didnot see you."she apologized and Gauri felt all of her anger vanishing away.How could she stay angry at this cute little girl."Its ok."

Gauri bend down on her knees to her level and asked her,"What is your name?"

"Niharika but you can call me Naira."she smiled flashing her little teeth.

Gauri smiled back and extended her hand for a handshake."Hello Naira,I am Gauri,you can call me....dosth.Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too."Naira replied. Gauri was amazed at the fluency that this girl had in English.

Realizing that her boss could come out any moment,Gauri started gathering all her papers and started to arrange them back into the folder.As she was picking them up a pair of tiny hands joined to help her out.Naira would pick up the papers and Gauri would arrange them back into order.

As Gauri was doing the job, she saw Naira point out to a paper on the floor which contained the sketch of the premium festive collection that was unveiled by their brand six months ago.

"I have the same lehenga."Naira exclaimed attracting Gauri's attention to her."And do you know even mumma had the same lehenga.Papa and I had surprised Mumma by wearing the exact same lehenga on the last Diwali.But of course,mamma said that this lehenga suited me more but even she looked pretty."Naira finished with a smile.

Gauri was surprised to say the least.This lehenga design was from their exclusive collection and was pretty costly too.And this little girl was telling her that her dad bought her a customized piece to coordinate it with her mother's.Who was she? wondered Gauri.

Before she could ask her new friend more question she had ran away from her to hug some one shouting mumma.Gauri turned to see Anika bending down to Naira's level to give her a hug.Gauri shook her head to confirm that she was not hallucinating things.Naira was her boss's daughter.

Naira pulled Anika along to introduce her to her new friend.

"Mumma,meet Gauri aunty..... dosth and dosth meet my mother."Gauri smiled at Naira's innocence while Anika smiled at Gauri.

"Naira how are you here alone?And where is Rachel?"

"I am here maam."replied Rachel who was standing a little away from them.Gesturing Rachel to take Naira inside,Anika walked to the car.

Once they were seated in the car,Anika turned to Gauri,"Please don't tell anyone about Naira."Anika requested.

Gauri could see that it was not the owner of Jashn talking to her but it was a mother who was terrified of her daughter's safety asking her not to reveal their relationship."I will not tell anyone maam."Gauri assured Anika and vowed to stick by her promise for the sake of the little girl who had accepted her as her friend just minutes ago.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Their meeting with the venue's manager had lasted longer than they had anticipated.After about three hours of discussion,verifying, cross checking etc,it was established that they were the ones to book the property first.the other party was payed back their initial deposits and were given the offer to book them at another venue with the same rates by the management to which they eventually agreed.So by the time the meeting was over,it was getting dark.

"How will you both go back home.Its late and you might have missed your regular bus.Come I will drop you."Anika offered knowing how difficult it gets if you miss your usual bus.The venue was away from the main city so even the roads were not that busy.And only a few buses plied on this route and the chances that they would come on time was almost nil.Afterall she had traveled on these routes almost everyday for her jobs and knew how irregular their timings were.

'How does she know about the bus timings?'Gauri wondered."No thanks maam,actually we will get a bus from the next bus stop."Shilpa countered.

"Are you sure because I can drop you home and it is not trouble at all."

"Its fine maam.The bus stop is just across the road and it will hardly take us anytime to get home."Gauri politely countered.

"Ok fine,take care."Though Anika wanted to drop them but still she couldn't force them and ultimately it was their choice.

As soon as Anika's car drove out of sight,Gauri realized that she was being foolish in refusing the offer given that it was almost night and there was not a single bus on the road.

She along with Shilpa stood on the side of the road,looking on both the sides to ensure that it was safe to cross the road.They could see a car coming but it was still very far away so they decided to cross the road.Shilpa had already reached the middle of the road when Gauri was startled by the loud horn that seemed closer than she had anticipated.

She could see a white Honda car speeding towards her and that was the last thing she saw before everything blacked out.

========================================================

What have I written?I have no idea.Perhaps the meds have really messed up with my head and I ended up writing this.Hope this was up to the mark.

Next update:30 October 2017

Dont forget to vote🌟🌟 and comment. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

201K 10K 47
An Ishqbaaz fic about Obros: (#2 First Runner up for best Obros story - The Ishqbaaz Fanfic Community Awards 2018 #TIFCA) In everyone's life there's...
335K 34.1K 200
(#6 in Rikara as on 27th March, 2019) Now I know the title says Rikara FF, but there is going to be quite a bit about other characters from the Ober...
344K 24.6K 74
Cover Credits to @luckykr13 Omkara Singh Oberoi, The youngest CEO of Oberoi Industries at the age of 26 and the most eligible bachelor, every maiden...
82.1K 8.5K 16
Unrequited. Maybe or maybe not. What is assured is: - a few lies, sweet, sour and a bit of spice. - adorable devars who make their brother jealous...