B E T R A Y E D

By True_Hawaiian

(BOOK 3) LIFE IS HELL... she thought. It's one obstacle after the other. For example, like The Famous Jayce... More

1 | Haven't You Heard...
2 | Do Me A Favor
3 | Im Fine...
4 | Fantástico
5 | I Just Know
6 | Distracted?
7 | I Need Some Air
8 | Fun Shit
9 | Until I met You
10 | My Gang
11| That Wasn't Me
12 | I Believe You
13 | Liar
14 | Two Weeks
15 | He's Here
16 | Hello?
17 | Our Little Secret
19 | Prove It
20 | Scrambled Love?
21| So They Know?
22 | Don't Freak Out
23 | Take Him Back
24 | Point For Me
25 | Just Flawless Part I
25 | Part II
26| Answers
27 | Arguing
28 | Bet
29 | Cmon Cmon
30 | Lies!
31 | How Is He?
32 | Deal
33 | Okay?
34 | There's Your Answer
35 | Negotiating Part I
35 | Negotiating Part II
B O O K 4

18 | Just Shut Up!

2.4K 104 5
By True_Hawaiian

Every person has at least one secret that would break your heart.

"Y-youre supposed to be dead," Nick broke the silence while the others stood there in shock.

Once he took his mask off it was like everything was in slow motion. I was boiling inside, if I could shoot him I would. I cant believe he would do this, I don't even know him anymore.

"Your supposed to be dead," Nick repeats. "Yo-youre supposed to be dead."

"Stop saying that." Alex mutters not taking his eyes off of Jayce who stood from across the hall.

"Okay, why arent you dead," He rephrases still in shock.

"Missed me?" Jayce finally spoke.

No, not really!

I started to hear faint police sirens. I snap my head around and so did the others. Except for Nick who was still in shock.

Ive never seen him like this, so out of it. He was always put together, never showed fear always calm.

"Thats my cue," I heard Jayce chuckle.

Jayce is right, we need to get going if we don't want our asses- oh my god I cannot believe him. I cannot believe Jayce left already. Asshole!

"We need to go," I finally spoke up as I did I started to jog towards the exit.

When we got outside Jack already had the car running. We all piled in without any words being said.

The car ride was silent, dead silent. Nobody dared to talk or look at one another. I think nobody didn't say anything because Jade was in the car. There was so much tension in the car it was unbearable.

"Jack, can you take her up please," Logan finally broke the silence. Jack nods, pulling in front of the condo.

"Let's go." Jack helped Jade out of the car while we watched them walk in.

Logan slid over to the driver's seat and started the engine. Not bothering to put his seat belt on, he stomped his foot on the gas. Speeding down the busy road, swerving cars.  Then Making a sharp turn down an alley.

"Everybody out!" Logan hissed, slamming the car door as he got out.

I'm walking into unknown territory. There's no way in telling how this conversation is about to go down. I've never seen him this upset before, never.

"How long?" Logan crossed his arms standing in a very intimidating stance.

I rose an eyebrow and tilted my head, "How long-"

"How long have you known he was alive?" Logan began to grow impatient. "Tell us the truth."

"About 3 weeks."

" 3 weeks!" Alex eyes widen.

"... and you didn't tell us?" Logan speaks again with a cold tone.

"He's supposed to be dead," Nick repeats again.

Question after question.

"Why the hell didn't you tell us?"

Statement after statement.

"3 weeks!"

They just kept talking and talking.

"He's supposed to be-"

I couldn't take it anymore.

"DEAD... I know! You said that a thousand times!" I place my hands behind my head crouching down. "Just shut up!"

"W-what?" He stutters.

"I said... shut up...shut...up!" I stood back up. "I tried telling you,  but you didn't believe me!"

"You were on drugs!" Nick shouts which caught me off guard a bit.

Oh now he speaks!

"I am your friend! I am your leader! You could've helped me even when I didn't want the help!"

"We tried," Jordan spat clenching his fists.

"You didn't even notice I was physically hurt." I pointed out my old scratches from the night I got mobbed. "I was attacked late at night to the point where I almost died. Some stranger saved me, and you know what hurt?"

"We didn't know-"

"That's right, you didn't know." I scoffed cutting Jordan off. "He knew I wasn't fine and he did something about it. And I'm not just talking about me getting beaten. So Don't say that you tried, because you didn't."

I hear Alex mumble something but I didn't quite make out what he was saying. He stared at the ground, not blinking. He looked kinda pale, to be honest he doesn't look good.

"Huh?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"You we're gonna shoot him," Alex whispers while he stared at the ground.

"What?" I asked in frustration.

"You we're gonna shoot him. Why?"

I can't answer that.

"Why didn't you make an effort to tell us. Even if we didn't believe you. What happened?" Alex pushed a little more.

I won't answer.

"I think we should know, Zoe. Since we are friends and he's my friend. That we are-"

"You really want to know? Fine." I let out a sigh and leaned against the hood of the car. "Remember when we went to the mall and there was a heist?"

Logan nods for me to go on.

"The guy I ran into was Jayce. I had an idea and I took his duffle bag and ran off into an alley. That's when he took off his mask and I saw his face." I pause for a moment to ease my breathing. Before I have another episode.

"Do you know what he said to me? Do you know what his first words was to me, after a year and a half." They  just stood there waiting for an answer. "He said, give me the money."

"What?" Nick scoffs not wanting to believe it.

"He was a completely different person. I didn't recognize him at all. He told me I didn't have the guts to shoot him. He laughed at me."

"You didn't." Alex shook his head .

"I shot him... and I didn't regret it one bit!"

Alex spoke again,"But why didn't you make the effort-"

"Because I knew this would screw with your heads!"

"I can't even believe you right now." Logan shook his head and looked at me with disgust. "You shot him?"

It made my blood boil even more.

"Don't act like you don't make mistakes! I'm not perfect, you guys are far from perfect," I exclaim. "Logan, your so screwed up already. You get crazy stupid drunk, start unnecessary fights. You have a problem.... you hit me, Logan."

I look at Alex who was my next target.

"Alex, grow a pair and work it out with Jasmine already! What she did is in the past!"

"Jordan, Logan shot you by accident, he was drunk and high! It's done, so get over it!"

"And YOU! Jade clearly likes you and you like her too. So stop being a fucking pussy and ask her the fuck out!"

For once they were silent, probably taking a moment to sink this all in. Accepting the truth, it hurts to accept it but you'll have to face it eventually.

"So when you guys solve your own problems. Get over the fact that nobody is fuckin' perfect. Finished being pissed off at me... let me fucking know! " before they could say anything else I got in the car and drove off.
~~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~••~
Authors Note:
Don't forget to check out my other book 'Off Track'
Id really appreciate it so much... don't forget to comment, I love feed back it helps a lot. Like if you feel the story is going by too fast lmk. But no forget 'OFF TRACK' read it.... okay that's all

XOXO
-True_hawaiian

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

303K 8.1K 33
"You hurt me," A tear rolls down my cheek. "You hurt me a lot." My voice breaks once again and the pain, the aching pain in my chest, returns stronge...
1.3M 44.5K 70
Reillyn Cole had experienced it all. Grief. Pain. Heartbreak. And yet, still, the cruel world continued to throw hurdles in her unendingly winding...
926K 25.2K 60
"What are you doing here?" I ask but it comes out as a sob. I don't want him, or anyone for that matter, to see me like this. I'm a wreck. Wyatt does...
962K 29.7K 42
Emma Hayden. The new student of Westwood High. It's a small school, not known for any good reason so naturally, new students get all the attention. E...