The Billionaire's Ex-Wife

By Enjoy_Little_Moments

Love. It was infuriating yet strangely addicting. It swirls in unknown waters, testing its limits before str... More

a/n
Prologue
Madame Andrรฉ
Knocking
Love
Covers
Another encounter
Strong
Appearance
Mrs Ryder
False Excitement
Timing
Choices
Introductions
Irritations
Run
Midnight Visits
Brawl
Open up
Best Friends
Letting go
Doubts
Elizabeth Hemsworth
Suspicions
Answers
Joking
Let me go
First kiss
Now
Moments
Firsts
Explanations Pt.1
Explanations Pt. 2
Furious
Siblings
Kisses
Nothing
Confusion
Change
Foolish
Love&Hate
Scared
For You
Sorry
Address
Blessing&Curse
Times Up
Do you
Would you?
No
New Story!
Quiet
Leaf
Tired
Author's Note
Awake
Don't Know
Lost
Happier
Let go
A/N
Epilogue
A/N - thank you

Cuts

44.7K 1.3K 117
By Enjoy_Little_Moments

Before I start, I want to thank everyone one of you. I am so thankful to have such excellent readers and I honestly wouldn't ask for any others but you guys. You all have supported me so much in this book and I wouldn't be anywhere if it weren't for you. Not to mention that amazing comments I've been getting, like gosh I wasn't even crying when I read through them (pfft sure I wasn't). So congrats u made me cry!

We've gotten #78 in Romance and 2.82K votes! So once again, I love you all so much and thank you so so so so much!

Alison's POV.

I knew that I couldn't remain cooped up in my apartment for the rest of my life. Whether Luke was at the restaurant or not it did not matter to me. I had to start somewhere.

I should've known not to rely on someone so heavily. Everyone always left.

My mother. My father still tethered on the brink of leaving. Blake. And now Luke.

I had always been thrown to the side all my life. After the death of my mother, my father seemed slightly reluctant to intercact with me. I never did a stand a chance with anyone, it was sad that it was true. I had been the victim too many times and I was sick of it.

Even in primary school, many friends had left without a glance backwards after catching on with the sniggering rumours of the weird kid who has no mum that floated gauntly at the school's entrance as if ready to pounce on incoming prey. New students had always been the easiest. They were so foreign to the state of the hell hole, that they were always targeted the moment their polished, black shoe touched the scruffy concrete that had begun to show serious signs of ageing with its long arms that cracked deep into the once-smooth surface. No friend has ever lasted two days with me. The Avengers as they called themselves would quickly swoop down, clamping their claws deep into their oblivious minds.

I was sick of being used to other people's advantages. I wasn't the brand new dish cloth they had bought from the shop down the street, and after countless uses. After the blue tint had began to wear off and a dirty brown was beginning to emerge. After the magic had worn off they would toss me to the side.

I had thought I had successfully build myself indestructible but I was wrong. There was still flaws in my walls. I had spent the entire weekend patching up every hole and I would make sure that no one would come through them, even if I had to go through life, friendless.

A mournful sigh left my lips and I blinked rapidly, desperate to disperse the nearing tears that were beginning to merge as I dug through my past memories. Nearby, Clover whined seeing my tear stricken face, padding over and licking me in attempt to make me smile. I grinned feebly and a huge grin crept up her face as if proud of herself for succeeding in her vital mission.

Blake.

I wasn't sure why I had stumbled across him at that moment, but I did. Somehow my brain had decided that it was a good time to discuss everything that was happening about him.

I remember that for countless mornings, nights and days, I would lay on my bed, my eyes wide open and mind buzzing. Blake would be at work, and I would be at home, boredom engulfing my whole being. I was sure I had played every game possible in history with my trusty partner, the wall. After becoming easily exasperated with the lack of communication from the slab of grey, I had moved on mingling mindlessly with other activities. I had taught myself how to cook those days but that too had lost its spark after many months. So as a final reach for an escape out of the world of nothing, I had rung up my father, begging to be able to apply to a job. Already being in a foul mode that day he had roared at me for such thoughts, claiming that I was much to high-class to be working, with such a humble husband already doing so. The irony, really.

And so I was always delighted to have another human arrive at the much too large mansion, eager for a chance to finally talk with someone. This someone happened to Blake and he wasn't exactly the best of people to interact with, not to mention that he positively hated my presence. So every day I would prepare a grand dinner, my lips stretched into a wide smile as awaited his arrival, only to be turned down quite rudely may I add, and be left stranded in the kitchen, my arms shaking over the weight of food in my arms and misery overpowering me. It had taken me a few weeks to catch onto the message that he did not appreciate my warm welcoming, but still I continued to replay my daily routine because one, whatever irritated him would make me laugh and two, it took up my time.

However, when the rude comments began to flood in, I had begun to become slightly wary of this marriage. By then, I had fallen deeply in love with him. There were times when he was unnaturally kind and they were enough for me to fall head over heels.

- Flashback 6 years ago -

It was a late Saturday afternoon, the fiery ball of red began to sink lower into the city, hues of orange and yellows spilling against the tall skyscrapers overlooking the busy city below. Dots of cars and people hurried across the streets, eager to catch their buses or trains home to see their families, their longs coats biting at their heels.

I was preparing dinner in the vast kitchen, at the time cutting up the vegetables for the soup that I was making. Blake was sprawled against the couch, his expression exhausted as he watched the news that was currently talking about the health benefits of oranges. It was a strange sight, to see Blake not occupied with some business and simply resting. I had already dismissed the maids from preparing any meals after I had arrived at the mansion, busing myself with cooking which I found very enjoyable and of course time wasting. Blake had first refused to even look at the food I had made him, ordering fast food but even he eventually got sick of the half cold food that he had to survive on and reluctantly agreed to digest what I had prepared for him. I was absolutely delighted to see him bite down on the first meal I had ever made him.

I pushed the leaks to the side, nodding approvingly at their fine shape and moved onto the carrots. A yawn met my ears and I looked up to see Blake stretching, rolling over the couch. A soft smile lingered at the corner of my lips. He represented a child as he huffed, looking for the perfect spot on the couch.

"Ouch!"

A deep red blossomed over the cutting board, and my eyes widened as I realised my mistake. I had been staring at Blake much too long to pay attention to the carrots and I had foolishly managed to cut myself. It wasn't too deep, yet my finger stung quite unpleasantly.

Hearing my yelp, Blake's head snapped to the side, his eyes too widening as he took in the scene. Jumping to his feet, he made his way over to me.

"Oh shit, Lisa."he muttered, grasping my hand gently in his.

I smiled at the light sparks that travelled up my arm, and the familiar fuzzy pit that began to form in my stomach. He stared at the cut for a whole, distress evident in his features.

"I'll be right back, baby."he promised, kissing the knuckle of my injured finger and disappearing into the corridor.

My eyes widened at the sweet gesture. He had never shown any affection nor love in our relationship, why the
sudden change? And he called my baby. My heart involuntarily clenched at the nickname, and I found myself grinning stupidly as I awaited his arrival.

Seconds later, Blake emerged into view, his eyebrows furrowed together, holding a white a box. Setting the box down on the counter, he pulled out a roll of gauze and cut a piece from the white material.

He glanced up at me, smiling gently,"Alright this might hurt a little but I'm here for you okay?"

He pressed the gauze gently on the diagonal cut, and immediately the red liquid quickly began to sweep into the white as if diagnosing it with some deadly disease. I winced slightly at the increase of stinging in my finger and Blake looked up at me, worry in his eyes.

"Do you want to stop? I can stop if you want to. This was a bad idea. I'm sorry. I always end up hurting everyone. God, I'm such a fuck up. Do you want me to call the doctors?"

I laughed lightly, shaking my head,"No, I'm fine. It's a small cut."

His narrowed down at me,"You're bleeding Li!"

"Don't worry,I'm fine."I reassured, squeezing his bicep with my good hand, before adding kindly," The gauze is helping though."

A huge grin split his face at the news and he seemed to be exceptionally proud with himself,"Good."

Minutes passed as we waited for the blood to stop bleeding. Blake stared intently at my finger, while I gazed at him, mesmerising every detail of his face. He seemed to not notice and I was free to do so. I was glad, the blush that would explode across my cheeks would be a sight to see, if he caught my gaze.

He quickly bandaged me up, washing my finger under some warm water and rubbing it against alcohols wipes, before securing it with a strand of gauze. After he had made sure my finger was all good, he seemed to think that my body too was injured and carried me, bridal style, up the stairs and deposited me quite gently against my bed.

"Sleep."he advised, bringing the sheets up to my chin.

Once again, I was lost in the intricate textures of his eyes, desperately to etch them into my mind. Before I could comprehend his actions, he leant down, hesitating. His eyes flickered to my lips and I felt my body quiver in excitement. Then as if remembering where he was, he rested for a simple yet adequate soft kiss to the forehead. It was all that was needed to have me in a deep slumber, a wide smile painting my face.

________________________________________________________________

It was those moments that had separated him from other men. There were other times when I would catch a cold and he would throw me under bed arrest, sitting beside me as he fed me spoons of soup. But now as I thought this over I could only come to one conclusion.

He was faking it.

Why wouldn't he? Why couldn't he? He was capable of nearly everything and one of the most powerful men in the world, what was the different with faking his interest for a woman who was supposedly his wife?

Blake had a tranquil side and dark side, like most people do. Yet his dark side reflected much clearer than his playful and kind one. To the world he was a cunning, harsh billionaire who could achieve tasks most men would only cower from. But to me he was a man with two faces. A man who was yet to show his true colours.

Something had happened.

I knew this. Something terrible had happened to Blake. But the question was, what? What had affected Blake so much to turn him into such a vile man?

However, my love for Blake wasn't all glee and laughs. No, there was so much more. No one saw the tears. The heartbreak. The sobs. The clenched fists. The misery that dwelled in the depths of my heart. No one, expect the man himself.

He knew. He knew that I had fallen so hard that the possibility of climbing from the pit I had created for myself was practically laughable. But did he care? Not in the slightest. What was it to him anywhere? I was just some girl he had to stick with for two years till he could get rid of.

Months I spent, despising myself for signing that dreaded contract that had sealed my fate for those two years.

The contract was simply made to ensure that Blake and I, at least, had a chance to get to know each other and have a firm decision whether or not that we would want to pursue this marriage. Both our father had made the contract after both of us had simply refused to even be in the same room with each other. But deep down, both of us did want to please our fathers who had provided so much for us. It was our dream to see them happy. So we had faked it. Faked our relationship. Faked that we were so happy with each other. And both Jake and my father had bought it. They lapped it all up.

But seeing Blake, his arms wrapped around another woman had done it for me. I had fled, not caring about the consequences. The truth, that was bound to come out anyway, had begun to reach the ears of our father. Both father were deeply disappointed in both of us, reprimanding us for not informing them that we weren't happy.

And deep down, I still wondered what would've happened if we had approached our fathers much earlier.

Would I be happy? Would I have a man to call mine, and kids to raise? Would I have the dream family I had always wanted?

But the past was the past, I must live in the future. What had happened, had happened. I couldn't change anything. But I could patch my mistakes.

_____________________________________________________
This chapter was mainly just to clear up on some of the questions that you guys asked. Anyways, any change of thoughts on Blake or is he still an asshole? Personally, I would still beat the fucking shit out of any dude who did this to me even if they were nice to me once.

Anywaaaaay I finally remembered that I have to add the questions, stupid me, so imma add that below.

QUESTION: How do your friend describe you?
ANSWER: Well...I dunno, since I'm not them so TheItClown , No_rain_no_flowers answer the question for me! Thx ;)

Have a great day everyone, and see you all in the next update! Love you <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 35K 50
I quickly turned away from him, to get the hell out of the room. But he caught my arm and pulled me back into his chest. Shit. Fuck. He buried his fa...
350K 14.1K 51
She was the little lavender in a bunch of roses. The roses he dearly loved and the lavender he was allergic to. Yet what happens when a leap of fate...
33.2K 2.7K 34
#Winner of The Awesome Awards 2018 & Stardust Awards 2018(chicklit category) 4 in #friendfiction on 11/07/2018 6 in #husbandandwife on 23/05/2018 The...
49.1M 1.4M 67
Highest Rank: #1 in Romance, #1 - painting, #1 - heartbreaker, #1 - one-sidedlove, #1 - unrequitedlove, #1 - engagement *********************** Still...