Lionheart ~ Harry Potter (Un...

By Lacey_BH

"Who is she?" "She is the heir of Godric Gryffindor and quite possibly the most powerful witch the world has... More

Note
Chapter One | Back To Hogwarts
Chapter Two | Reunited
Chapter Three | A Dark Start to The Year
Chapter Four | A New Year Begins
Chapter Five | Dementors Are Not Forgiving
Chapter Six | Divination...
Chapter Seven | Buckbeak
Chapter Eight | Looming Darkness
Chapter Nine | Boggarts Are Not Fun
Chapter Ten | Hogsmeade
Chapter Eleven | The Lion
Chapter Twelve | Patronuses and Emotions
Chapter Thirteen | Break-In at Hogwarts
Chapter Fourteen | Nightmare
Chapter Fifteen | Butterflies
Chapter Sixteen | Quidditch and Dementors
Chapter Seventeen | Broomsticks and Injuries
Chapter Eighteen | The Marauder's Map
Chapter Nineteen | Slytherins and Snowballs
Chapter Twenty | Jessica O'Connor
Chapter Twenty-One | Crumbling Walls
Chapter Twenty-Two | Christmas
Chapter Twenty-Three | The Truth Comes Out
Chapter Twenty-Four | Break-In at Gryffindor Tower
Chapter Twenty-Five | Sentenced to the Worst
Chapter Twenty-Six | Footprints of the Past
Chapter Twenty-Eight | Snakes and an Executioner
Chapter Twenty-Nine | Death's Crows
Chapter Thirty | Whomping Willow
Chapter Thirty-One | The Shrieking Shack
Chapter Thirty-Two | The Garden Rat
Chapter Thirty-Three | Dirty Coward
Chapter Thirty-Four | Werewolves Are Not to be Messed With
Chapter Thirty-Five | Forward to Time Past
Chapter Thirty-Six | Time Reversal
Chapter Thirty-Seven | Rescuing Buckbeak
Chapter Thirty-Eight | Mates
Chapter Thirty-Nine | Dementors... Again
Chapter Forty | Freedom
Epilogue | The Heart Wants What It Cannot Have
Author's Note

Chapter Twenty-Seven | Moonlight

252 7 3
By Lacey_BH

His footsteps were rapidly approaching, steaming towards the two teenagers.

"Harry," Ariana gasped quietly, using her wand to point at the name banner and footprints.

Harry's eyes widened. "Mischief managed!" He said, tapping the map with his wand.

"Nox," he and Ariana said in unison, causing their wands' light to extinguish.

Almost immediately, they were exposed to the harsh glare of Snape's wand, which was raised in their faces.

"O'Connor. Potter. What're you both doing wandering the corridors at night?" Snape questioned, his onyx eyes boring into Harry's with hatred.

"I couldn't sleep," Ariana answered, her face as unfathomable as that of the Professor's.

"I was sleepwalking..." Harry stated. Ariana fought the urge to roll her eyes.

A sneer curdled the corners of the black-haired man's lips. "How extraordinarily like your father you are, Potter. He, too, was exceedingly arrogant. Strutting about the castle -"

Harry's eyes hardened. "My dad didn't strut. Nor do I. Now, if you don't mind, I'd appreciate you lowering your wand."

The look Snape gave Harry was as cold as ice, and Ariana found it slightly amusing, though her face remained impassive.

The Potions Master contained himself and lowered his black wand, the light no longer burning the students' retinas.

"Turn out your pockets," Snape ordered, glowering.

Ariana's hands slowly dipped into her dressing gown pockets, recalling what was in there. She remembered that her spell notebook was in in there and inwardly cursed herself for bringing with her.

Harry, however, did not move, his eyes still boring into Snape's with an incredible amount of fierce loathing.

Ariana discreetly managed to tap her notebook with her wand before turning her pockets out. The witch had placed a spell on it that concealed all of the work she had done, making it look like she had school work inside it.

Snape's black eyes glittered when he caught sight of the black leather book, swiping it from Ariana's hand. He flicked through the pages, seemingly disappointed when he saw that it was filled with thorough Potions, DADA, Transfiguration, History of Magic and Charms notes.

Wrinkling his nose, he pressed it back into Ariana's hand with a displeased look on his face. Seeing that, Ariana internally smirked with triumph.

"Turn out your pockets, Potter!" Snape backed.

Finally, Harry obliged. He pulled the map from his pocket, although it looked like a blank sheet of parchment. Both of thee students' hearts sank when it was brought out; they knew its innocent appearance wouldn't fool Snape for long.

"And this. What might it be?" Snape enquired, his eyes shining once again at the though of catching Harry with something he shouldn't have.

"Spare bit of parchment," Harry lied casually.

"Really..." Snape drawled, not believing them for a second. He poised his wand, the tip set on the center of the paper. "Reveal your secrets."

To Harry and Ariana's horror, words began to bleed on to the paper. Ariana managed to keep a black mask on her face, but Harry was clearly concerned, it would of been as well written on his forehead. Preying on his fear, Snape studied Harry, a sadistic half-smile on his lips.

"Read it," Snape ordered, looking at the map down his nose.

"'Messrs. Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot
and Prongs offer their compliments
to Professor Snape and...'"

"Go on."

As Harry hesitated, Ariana took over. She couldn't resist smirking when she read the writing that had been scrawled across the page. "'... And request that he keep his abnormally large nose out of other people's business'."

Snape's fiendish smile dropped from his lips faster than the speed of light. "Why you insolent little -"

"Professor."

Ariana glanced over Snape's cloak-covered shoulder to see Professor Lupin emerging from the shadows. A strange feeling of warmth rushed her system, but, disgusted with herself, she pushed it aside.

Snape slowly turned around. "Well, well. Lupin. Out for a little walk in the moonlight, are we?"

Ariana knew exactly what his snide remark meant, but Harry was totally lost. The white-haired witch said nothing, simply watched the scene play out.

"Ariana? Harry? You all right?" Lupin enquired, looking at both students as he stepped closer to then.

Before they had an opportunity to respond, Snape spoke, "that remains to be seen. I've just now confiscated a rather curious artifact from Mr. Potter. Take a look, Lupin. This is
supposed to be your area of expertise." He handed the map, which now displayed an unflattering caricature of Snape and a pair of potions, to Lupin. "Clearly, it's full of Dark Magic."

"I seriously doubt that, Severus. It looks to me as if it merely insults anyone who tries to read it. I suspect it's a Zonko product. Nevertheless, I shall pursue any hidden qualities it may possess. As you say, it's my area
of expertise. Come, Ariana, Harry."

Thankful that they had been rescued from a furious Snape, Harry and Ariana followed their Defense Against the Dark Arts professor down the corridor, leading towards his classroom.

They had both noticed how his calm aura had shattered, leaving a fuming one in its wake. Ariana observed Lupin clutching the map in his fist like a Boa Constrictor.

"I don't know how this map came to be in your possession, Harry, but I'm astounded that you didn't turn it in. Did you ever stop to think that this - in the hands of Sirius Black - is a map to you?" The two students walked silently beside the man who could barely contain his anger. Ariana got the feeling that he was hiding something rather big. "Your father didn't set much store by rules either. But he and your mother did give their lives to save yours. Gambling their sacrifice by walking about the castle unprotected, with a killer on the loose, strikes me as a poor way to repay them.

Ariana, your decision to do the same thing is equally as preposterous. I thought you were more intelligent than to do something like that."

Those words stung Ariana. She was intelligent and she knew the risks she was taking, but she could not remain stuck in the dormitory any longer. The nightmares were killing her.

Instead of arguing back and releasing all of the pent up fury, Ariana, her face stony, nodded her head.

Lupin entered his office, tossing the map onto his cluttered desk, then began sorting through a pile of papers.

Harry and Ariana lingered in the doorway. The female of the two was absently eyeing the waxing moon, adoring its curved shape. She attempted to loose herself in it, hoping to find some amount of peace, even if it was only for a moment.

Harry turned his back on the Profess to walk away, but looked back. "Professor. Just so you know, I don't think the map always works. Earlier, it showed someone in the castle. Someone we know to be dead."

"And who was that, Harry?" Lupin asked, only half-listening.

"Peter Pettigrew," Ariana stated, watching Lupin. She picked up on his ever-so-slight hesitation while he shuffled his papers. She narrowed her eyes suspiciously, but remained quiet.

"Very well. I'd like you to return to your dormitory now. Oh, and Harry? Ariana? Don't take any detours," Lupin said, tapping the map. "If you do. I'll know."

Harry and Ariana began the journey back to Gryffindor Tower, the latter wondering how Lupin and Pettigrew were connected. And what their DADA Professor was hiding...

~~~~~

Question:
What was Remus Lupin's father's name?

A: Luke

B: Leo

C: Lyall

Congratulations to Blackstars36 for answering the previous question correctly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 6.2K 69
~ Year five ~ Warning: This is the fifth book in a series!!! This also will journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read, o...
39.2K 749 44
What if there was more to the Prophecy of Harry Potter? Dumbledore has more than just memories to share with Harry this year. Love was the one thing...
204K 5.4K 63
Rosalind Esparay was the daughter of 2 powerful wizards who the dark lord wanted to recruit. When they declined his offer, Voldemort went into a rage...
17.8K 422 34
WARNING!! I DO NOT OWN ANYTHING!! NOT EVEN THE PLOT OR STORY!! CHARACTERS AND SETTING ALL BELONGS TO J.K. ROWLING! PLOT AND STORY AND WRITING ALL BEL...