That World of 0's and 1's

By The_Dave

More

That World of 0's and 1's

182 7 1
By The_Dave

Mind.

Soul.

Heart.

Body.

Does this sound like it's going to be somethin' epic yet? Well sorry to let you down, this is just a story, not some adventure packed action story, just for my family to know the real reason I disappeared. It was back during December when it happened, and I can only pray that you will understand and believe me.

December~

I stretched halfway across the passengers seat trying to get some cellphone reception. I bit down on my lip as I felt the soft vibration of my phone finally receiving a text back from that one guy.

My conscious scolded me for getting my hopes up as I read the text that came through.

"I'm sorry, but I think of you as a sister..."

I didn't cry but I was let down because I liked him and after weeks of building up our friendship id gotten enough courage to admit my heart's feelings.

'It was smart of you not to put all of your emotions into him.' The voice of my conscious praised in the voice so different from mine. Its not like I'm a loner, well actually I am a little, but don't most people's conscious talk to them a lot?

I sighed and snapped my phone shut and tapped my foot slightly against the door, but soft enough so it wouldn't annoy my Mum.

I was partially alike to her yet not at the same time, I embraced my British side more then my Cuban blood line. With my Dad's family being English, British, Polish, Irish, and traces amounts of others I was more like that side. While on my Mom's side it was Cuban and rumor has it, part Chinese. Everybody jokes around I have all the Asain blood in the family considering I'm more asain then the average asain, according to my cousins anyways.

I pulled on my black tennis shoes and grabbed the black sweater I was 'borrowing' my older Nii-san and ran up to the outdoor mall outlet where my other two best friends were.

The girl had her long hair a little past her shoulders but was tied back with a dark blue tie and a turquoise one on her wrist with a Gir shirt from Invader Zim on and a blue jacket. She'd taken off her glasses and was cleaning them with the edge of her shirt. The boy was shorter then her and had no sweater but wore a Cool story bro shirt and was on his phone while holding the girl's rollerskates and his foot on a skateboard.

I had a pair of rollerskates in my hands as well as I ran up to them.

"Sorry, traffic and stuff." I tied up my brown hair as Ari pulled on her skates and put glasses back on. 

East—the boy—nodded, acknowledging my prescience. He was the one I had texted and one of the most lovable guys in our grade. My crush, yet he didn't like anybody... Anyways, I tried to be nice to him, "I can do a 360° better then you I bet."

He raised an eyebrow as I span around in a circle, "Bam! Bauss 360°!" I grinned as we all laughed.

"I agree, I can't compete to that level of skill." East confessed but kept the slight smile on his face.

After that we spent most of the day doing random stuff, talking about memes and youtube stars like PewDiePie, Nigahiga, Smosh, etc.

"No you see, the bros love PewDie, and Stephano, Mrs. Chair, Piggy, Mayo, Stephanie and some others are there to keep him company!" I looked out the window of the magnet driven trains as I overheard their conversation. Ari of course was the one speaking while East listened nodding and inputting information of his own along with it. Ari corrected him for a misfact and the trains doors opened and we got out and walked downtown.

Suddenly I jumped at the loud bangs I heard and the screeching of tires. I looked to see that a van speeding down the streets with a mad man shooting people wildly was leaning out of the passenger seat window. I knew East said something—no, yelled something—but I couldn't hear it because of the blood pumping in my ears. Time seemed to slow as the truck skid and the man shot directly at us. Slowly, I screamed as East jumped in front of Ari and I to shield us from the oncoming strike. The man shot again and hit Ari as she could only let out a little groan of pain the dropped down. I saw my life flash before my eyes as the car came closer, rushing so fast, taking my life span down by years, roaring with energy, the cruel laugh of the crazy man with fire and blood gleaming in his eyes. Pure evil. And pure hatred is what I felt for him as he fired the gun and before I could completely go, I screamed "I despise you with all of my being, and on the name of Kami-sama even though I never pray, YOUR CURSED SOUL WILL GO TO HELL AND BLOODY FARTHER!" the van struck at the place where we were and that was all.

When I came around my eyes were already open, and my being was fully alert. I felt as if nothing had happened, and had a fake smile that I couldn't control. Fear gripped my heart, Why can't I move? 

I heard a voice, faint as if an echo, "It'll be okay, just please bear with it.."

If you heard a small voice like that, telling you to remain calm, you'd think "I'm going to die." But considering I was already dead, there's no point in killing me twice.

I could faintly see an image above in the blueish room, it was people arguing and commenting about something, Vaguely could I make out what they were saying. If there ever was a time where I wish I'd prayed to Kami-sama, now was the time. I desperately prayed that I'd be alright, hoping, longing that I'd be safe. The people seemed to decide on something as I heard typing of a keyboard and I cringed as I felt slight pain. 

The live stream of the people grew clearer as I realized it was only two, a boy and a girl. Now I could hear their voices, "No... Wait, no it's girl and boy, cuter that way, yeah?" she giggled. The boy sighed and scratched his head. 

"Honsestly, I don't even remember what's so great about this plan anyways." he muttered typing staring directly at me and a little to my right as well.

"Because, if you already have the first 3 shouldn't you continue instead of just stopping your project?" Her high and girly voice asked. Whatever they were talking about, I'm sure I was involved.

The guy put one hand propped up on his elbow on the table and supported his chin on it, "Alright alright, names?"

She tapped her chin and looked up at the cieling thoughtfully, "Ah ah! I got it, since it's so much like they look alike put something significant? You know, just like 'First sound of the future' as well! They have pretty much the same voice right? Right? Well well, what about 'Mirrored sound'? Huh? What'cha think? I mean, we should use it so they can be coupled and paired with others, oooh you know how adorable some yaoi is-" The guy cringed as she realized she hit a sensitive region.

"Whats so adorable about yaoi?! I'd feel bad, wouldn't you?" He looked up behind him at her, she stood behind is shoulder both of them having brown hair and either they were related or going out because that's what it seemed like. She shrugged, "I don't really care, It'd be up to them, right? Right? There's 'suki' in their programming, ne?" he nodded.

"So anyways, Mirrored sound... wait a minute, two girls?" the boy nodded, "Yep! They're so alike it's cool!"

She shook her head, "That won't do. Make the one on the left a boy."

The guy looked as if he was hesitant but then complied and tapped away and I felt a bit more pain, but I wasn't able to look or move, just look straight. Right at the two and was unable to speak or hear anything except them.

"Kawaii! Now test it! I want to hear them!" She squealed shaking the back of his chair. He shook with it rather violently, "Alright alright! Stop already!" She stopped and started jumping up and down instead as he pressed the enter key on his computer.

"Going to have to use a Miku-san song though, is that alright?"

"JUST DO IT!" she squealed. He held his left ear and right clicked as my voice was forced to come out of my lower lungs, sort of feeling like you were about to throw up but it wasn't at the same time and made the voice powerful. But what worried me the most, is that the voice didn't seem to be mine.

"Sekai de ichiban ohime-sama, souiu atsukai kokoro-ete, yo ne?" Random lyrics I'd never heard of before were propelled out of my mouth. I'm guessing it was a different language, and judging by the girl's random outburts in small amounts of Japanese I'm pretty sure it was Japanese.

"Sono-ichi

Itsumo to chigau kami-gata ni kiga-tsuku koto

Sono-ni

Chanto kutsu made mirukoto, ii ne?

Sono-san

Watashi no hito-koto niwa mittsu no kotoba de henji suru koto

Wakattara migite ga orusu nanowo nantoka-shite! 

Betsu ni wagamama nante itte nai n dakara

Kimi ni KOKORO kara omotte hoshii no KAWAII tte

Sekai de ichiban ohime-sama 

Ki ga tsuite nee nee 

Mataseru nante rongai yo 

Watashi wo dare dato omotteru no? 

Mou nanda ka amai mono ga tabetai! 

Ima sugu ni yo 

Oh, check one two... Ahhhhhh! 

Ketten? Kawaii no machigai desho 

Monku wa yurushimasen no 

Ano ne? Watashi no hanashi chanto kiiteru? Chotto... 

A, sore to ne? Shiroi ouma-san kimatteru desho? 

Mukae ni kite 

Wakattara kashizuite te wo totte "ohime-sama" tte 

Betsu ni wagamama nante itte nain dakara

Demo ne sukoshi kurai shikatte kuretatte iino yo?

Sekai de watashi dakeno OUJI-SAMA

Kiga tsuite hora hora

Otete ga aitemasu

Mukuchi de buaiso na OUJI-SAMA

Mou, doushite? kiga tsuite yo hayaku

Zettai kimi wa wakatte nai!... wakatte nai wa... 

Ichigo no notta SHOOTOKEEKI

Kodawari tamago no torokeru PURRIN

Minna, minna gaman shimasu... 

Wagamama na ko dato omowa-nai de

Watashi datte yareba-dekiru mon

Ato de koukai suru wayo

Touzen desu! datte watashi wa

Sekai de ichi-ban OHIME-SAMA

Chanto mitete yone dokoka ni icchau yo?

Fui-ni dakishime-rareta kyuuni sonna eh?

"HIKARERU abunai yo"sou-itte soppo muku KIMI

... kocchi noga ABUNAI wayo

Oh, Hey Baby

Ahhhh!" My heart was beating, if you can call that my heart anyways. 'What the heck..' my conscience mused, then I realized that my voice was the same as my conscience's high pitched one that was unlike mine. What's going on?!

The girl fangirled and squealed, "AHH! SO CUTE! I COULD DIEE! Finish soon pleaase!"

The boy sighed but nodded anyways, "They're just about done already. Just give time for the files to download and settle and then they can join KAITO and MEIKO." The girl nodded and the boy reached towards the screen and then it went black and I was free to do what I want, but suprisingly I fell backwards so I was on my back staring at the void above me.

I'm pretty sure somebody was there with me, I heard them, but I didn't look. I couldn't, I wouldn't allow myself. I turned onto my side and poked a floating bunch of numbers that were changing rapidly from 0 to 1 back to 0. I noticed my fingernails were painted yellow, which I was pretty okay with because yellow was one of my favorite colors besides purple and blue. I had these weird arm things on as I stared questionably at the bright flashing lights on it, also glowing a green hue. I pulled off the sleeve as then the screen on it decided to go onto a mirror app or something. Since I'm not to sure what thing this is and what it does, i'll just call it an app. Anyways, I dropped it, fumbling a little then stared at it, not sure if I should pick it up. Finally, I picked it up and stared at the unfamiliar face that stared back. Blue eyes with a way to happy and childish look in them, yellow hair that seemed to defy gravity, yep, this wasn't me.

I remained silent unsure of what to believe until I put it back around my arm and slowly turned over and saw a girl sitting there. Her yellow hair alike my reflection's, her bangs were pinned back with four white clips and had a ribbon on her head attached to the band of white headphones that emitted light. Her shirt was white and cut at her shoulder sleeveless, the collar was black with a single yellow stripe and a yellow ribbon was wrapped under it, so she had what looked like a Japanese uniform on. For her bottoms they were shorts and those overall strap thingies with these... what would you even call them? Thingies on her legs that read "Electric Voice System" and had what looked like speakers on them.

Her eyes were a blue as well as she was staring silently at her hands. She then seemed to notice me and said in a robotic choppy voice, "Kon'nichiwa, boku wa Kagamine Rin." she spoke in what seemed like fluent Japanese. I guess I had a blank look because she giggled a little, "Hi, I'm Rin Kagamine." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196K 4.1K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
135K 6.3K 35
"I can never see you as my wife. This marriage is merely a formality, a sham, a marriage on paper only." . . . . . . She was 10 years younger than hi...
751K 27.7K 103
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
1M 25.4K 24
Yn a strong girl but gets nervous in-front of his arranged husband. Jungkook feared and arrogant mafia but is stuck with a girl. Will they make it t...