no savior.

By TheRealestReality

(What if you broke someone's heart?) When KJ Parker left for college, she left her true love, her last name... More

author's note
no prologues.
no more chances
no normal
nobody
no life
no en espanol
no hiding
no vacancy
no hesitation
no surprises
no standards
no hope
no words
no bullshit
no(t) a date
no way
no fit
no smoking
no saying no
no panicking
no lies
no swiping
no tea no shade
no matter
no guidance
no denying
no help
no more
no secrets
no savior
nobody else
no(t) yours
no pain no gain
no fear
no surprise
no quitting
no(ne) like you
no stress
no bluffing
no lying
no guilt
no going back
no time left
no fathers
no way
no(thing) more
Epilogue: no chance

no liquor

67 4 0
By TheRealestReality

Dear Kaylie Jane,

     I remember the first time I saw you. The first time we kissed. The first time we made love. 

                I don't want to forget... But maybe I should...

KJ's POV

How long can you stalk someone before they notice? A few days? A month?

I had no right to be watching her. But I couldn't stop myself. 

I told Beck I didn't want to talk to Layne, which was true, but I couldn't help but find myself back at that same bar time and time again, just watching her. She'd come through sometimes by herself, other times with the same Latina girl from that night with Beck. I didn't want to get back into a relationship with her, but I wanted to make sure she was okay.

Then again I didn't want to admit why to myself why she wouldn't be.

Besides, I wasn't talking to her. Just watching.

I'm pulled from my thoughts as shouting starts up. Then I realize the shouting is directed at me.

"So when are you gonna stop staring at me and come over and say hi!" she yells across the room at me.

So much for not talking to her....

My face heats and I suddenly become extra interested in my drink. "Hey."

I look up and she's standing next to me at my booth. I nod, unable to speak. Has she always been this beautiful?  I haven't seen her up close in years. Her warm eyes glisten with mischief. Her blonde hair spills down her back, not a strand out of place, and she smirks, clearly amused at my state of shock.

"Shy, aren't you?" she slides into my booth without permission, "How about buying me a drink? You drink, right?"

"This is a virgin," my mouth says, even though I didn't okay it to do so, "No liquor."

"Cute," she waves down the barkeep, "I'll have a coke and rum. On her please."

She turns back to me, and leans in close, "I'm a lot of things... But a virgin is not one."

I know. I think to myself. I'm the one with your virginity.

"Really? You're not gonna say anything to that?" she observes me, like I'm prey and she's a predator, ready to rip out my throat. Only I'm doing terrible on my end because I'd totally let it happen and wouldn't give a damn. Say something you look stupid right now, KJ.

I clear my throat, "I said the drink was virgin... Nothing to be said about the drinker."

"Oh! She speaks!" she laughs, "And she speaks with the sexiest of voices." She laughs some more and it sends shivers through me, as it sounds exactly as I remember, "Can I have a name?"

"Can you?" I relax a little, trying to be more myself, "Jane," I reply.

"Jane?" she says it again slowly, testing it on her lips, "Like Jane Doe? Or like Kaylie Jane?"

Bitch, it might be. My ever-present smirk falters, before I catch it, "Is it?"

"We know each other don't we?" she presses.

"No I don't thinks so," I lie. She pulls out a notebook, "Yes we do." She opens it, revealing a photo of us together as kids, lips locked. I look away. It hurts to look at it.

"Stop lying," she slides me the photo, "Look at it. That's you I'm kissing isn't it? You've been here everyday for two weeks watching me. Why?"

"Because you're beautiful," The first honest words in awhile fall from my lips, "And I don't deserve to look at you, so I do it in secret."

"That's gay," she laughs,"I mean actually. What were you expecting?"

I shrug, "I don't know. I think I just wanted to see how you were doing. If you were happy."

"Happy?" She takes a long drink before looking me in my eyes, "I'm not. If that's any help."

"You came to my house a few days ago and took off when you saw I lived with a man. What was that about?"

She laughs dryly, "I honestly don't know," her sarcastic laugh erupts and she falls over, causing me to catch her, her inebriated state clear.

"Are you okay?" I ask, concern coating my words.

She looks up at me and I stare into her eyes, the mischief replaced with despair.

"Layne?"

"I never told you my name," she laughs again.

Layne's POV

I wake up back in my own bed, with no memory how I got there. I sit up, and immediately regret it as I scramble to my bathroom. Oh God.

"Somebody's finally up," I turn and see Dru behind me. I wretch into the toilet again before turning to him.

"Are you here to mock me?"

"I'm here to make sure you don't die," he pats my back, "Dillion, the man of the house, is very upset with you right now."

"He can kiss my ass," I stand up and he hands me some anti-acids, "How did I get home last night?"

"We don't know. Someone left you outside, knocked, and ran off," he tells me, "What do you remember from last night?"

Mira. The notebook. All things I can't bring up right now. Not to Dru. I go with a lie, "I don't remember much."

"You don't know where you were? When you got there? How you got there?"

"I have a hang-over and you think now is the best time to interrogate me?"

"It's only an interrogation if there's been a crime," he pats me on my back and leaves the room.

I spend all day either hunched over the toilet or in bed, regretting every life decision leading to this point.

"Hey," I came back into the room after using the bathroom to find Mira bent over a book. My book. My notebook, "Mira-- Put that down."

"Layne why do you even have this?" Mira tossed it at me and I clumsily caught it, "What is this? Does Dillion know about it?"

I groan and check to make sure the notebook is back where I had it earlier, on my nightstand.

"It's important to me. Why are you going through my stuff anyway?" 

As my memory comes back, I try to hold back tears. A two week relationship down the drain. And for what?

"Who is this about anyway?"

Cursed book.

I search out my phone and call Mira, getting sent straight to voicemail. Not that I expected her to answer. I think back to a couple weeks ago when we started dating.

"You're getting exactly one chance. Fuck it up and I'm gone, mi güera."

As the evening nears my hangover starts to wan, or at least the worse of it. I'm able to stand long enough to shower and make myself a peanut butter sandwich. It tastes unbelievably good to have food go down again.

"Hey kid," Dru joins me, "Feeling better?"

"Immensely," I reply, "Except that everything is in pain right now."

"Well did we learn anything?" Dru smirks and I resist the urge to hit him. So far, he may be the only one in my corner whole-heartedly. Him, and maybe my savior who brought me home safely.

"Next time I drink like that, I need to make sure I don't wake up."

I stand to leave and run into Dil on my way back to my room. He gives me an once over, his eyes filled with disgust, then moves past me like I'm not even there.

Okay. Fine.

I go back to my room and go through my phone. Bingo! I open a text from an unsaved number.

Text me. I want to know you're okay. -Jane

I text the number and await a response. Bing!

Me: So you're my knight and shining armor?

Her: I'm no one's savior. I did the right thing.

Me: I need a way to repay you. Dinner?

Her: It's not a date.

Me: I never said it was. Is that a yes?

Her: I never said it was

Me: Never said it wasn't. So I'll see you Friday at 7?

Her: Yep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 105 44
Alexis Smith has lost everything and when her father comes back into her life offering everything, she doesn't know who she can trust. As she searche...
19.8K 800 19
Michael and Liam are madly in love. Or so they think. How madly in love could you be when you've only just started talking? Liam has always been a he...
394K 7.8K 26
𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐥 𝐃𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐨𝐧 - 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐚 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐨𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐠𝐢𝐫...
3.2K 192 53
Starting over is tricky, specially when you decide to do it in the same place you lost everything. It might work or blow up in your face. Some call i...