Losing Control

Happyreading द्वारा

It was so archaic, wasn't it? This wasn't supposed to happen. At least not to her. She wanted to stop it. Q... अधिक

Losing Control
Tonight - John Legend
Prologue
Isa
Dalawa
Tatlo
Apat
Lima
Anim
Pito
Walo
Siyam
Sampu
Labing Isa
Labing Dalawa
Labing Tatlo
Labing Apat
Labing Lima
Labing Anim
Labing Pito
Labing Walo
Labing Siyam
Dalawampu
Dalawampu't Isa
Dalawampu't Dalawa
Dalawampu't Tatlo
Dalawampu't Apat
Dalawampu't Lima
Dalawampu't Anim
Epilogue
The End
Special Chapter: Merry Christmas

Dalawampu't Pito

4.3K 111 204
Happyreading द्वारा

Stephanie stood in front of the mirror in her white satin robe sa dressing room ng venue kung saan gaganapin ang kanyang kasal kay Ashton. Her make up was already done, done in soft colors of taupes, peaches, and pinks. Her short hair had now grown a little bit and she was able to pin it back away from her face. She was just waiting for her mother and Rachel to help her into her gown. She admitted, ninerbyos sya nung kwinento nya sa kanyang ina na magkakilala na sila ni Ashton before their engagement party; sinabi nya na lahat ng nangyari sa La Union at ang nabuo nilang pagmamahalan. Nakahinga sya ng maluwag ng naging maganda naman ang tanggap ng kanyang ina sa honesty nya.

"Steph, anak," tawag ng mommy Eva nya sa kanya.

"Po?"

"Sure ka na desisyon mo ha?"

"Opo, mommy."

"Best, tinakot mo ko ng sinabi ni Tita na tumawag ka daw and you changed your mind! Nakakaloka! Talagang two days before the wedding ka pa gumaganyan!" Rachel said as she helped Stephanie step into her dress.

"Ako rin, Steph. I thought my heart stopped beating nung sinabi mo yun sa akin."

"Ma, Best, syempre. Dati, nung hindi ko pa alam na si Ash pala ang magiging husband ko, gusto ko lang pigain ang Benitez heir na yun for all his money for this wedding, I wanted all the opulence, all the extravagance, just to spite him, to see kung hanggang saan ang kaya nyang ibigay."

"And now?"

"I just want to marry him. That's all. Just him, me, and the people who are closest to us."

"What does Ashton think of all this?" tanong ni Eva sa kanyang anak.

"He was with me when I called you, Ma. It was that very reason why I made this decision. Pero, Ma, okay lang ba sa mga bisita na sa reception na lang sila invited?"

"Yes. Akala nga nila cancelled na ang wedding nung pinagtatawagan sila ni Yen," tumawa si Eva. "Sabi pa ng mga amiga ko, paano na lang daw ang wedding of the century?"

"Tuloy pa rin naman, yun nga lang, private na lang ang ceremony," ngumiti si Stephanie.

Rachel buttoned the pearl buttons that lined the back of Stephanie's gown. She attached the 25 foot veil underneath Stephanie's coif, her face remaining uncovered by the veil. Rachel took her phone from the table next to her and took an artfully obscured picture of Stephanie to post on her photo sharing site.

"You are such a beautiful bride, Best!" Rachel squealed.

"Thank you."

"I'm sure matutulala ang iyong groom, Steph," her mom smiled at her. "Anak, I am so thankful na talagang nagkamabutihan kayo ni Ashton. Alam kong sumangayon ako sa gustong mangyari ng daddy mo, pero I would've lived with regret the rest of my life if I ever saw na malungkot ka sa piling ng iyong asawa just because ito ang naging desisyon namin ng daddy mo for you," her mother's eyes shone with unshed tears.

"Ma, don't cry!" pagsuway ni Stephanie sa kanyang ina. "Masisira ang make up mo...at maiiyak din ako," Stephanie giggled.

"I'm sorry, anak," tumawa na lang ulit din si Eva. "You have grown up to be a gorgeous and smart woman. I am very proud of you, anak. And I want to thank you for doing this for the family kahit ayaw mo noon. I'm thankful na willing ka to sacrifice, anak. I love you, Steph. I'm thankful na you have found the love of your life."

"We dodged a bullet with that one, Ma," she hugged her mother.

"O sige na, naghihintay na ang daddy mo sa labas. And I'm sure ang groom mo ay atat ka ng makita," her mom smoothed down her hair.

"Okay, Ma. Ready na rin akong makita ang handsome husband to be ko," nginitian nya sina Rachel at Eva, with the former taking a selfie of the three of them in the dressing room to post later.

Si Ashton naman ay naghihintay din sa kanyang sariling dressing room kasama ang kanyang kapatid at kanyang ama. He was staring out the window, feeling nervous and exhilirated at the same time. He was dressed in his light gray tuxedo with a royal vest and necktie. He decided to be playful and wear royal blue socks as well underneath his formal slacks para may element of surprise sa picture taking. Katabi nya si Stephanie nung tinawagan nito ang kanyang ina; nagtulugtulugan lang sya at first pero nagising sya nung narinig nya ang kanyang nobya ng sinabi nito na she changed her mind about the wedding. Bigla syang nagpanic at ang feeling nya ay binuhusan sya ng malamig na tubig. He remembered kissing Stephanie on the shoulder, making her feel him, at nginitian naman sya ng kanyang mahal. Ang gusto lang palang baguhin ng dalaga ay ang ceremony. She said she wanted it to be more intimate; na sila sila lang. Sabi pa nya sa kanyang ina ay she and Ashton had nothing to prove to the press, to their VIP guests, to the world; they only had to prove their love to each other.

He didn't think it was possible, but at that very moment, he fell even more in love with his bratinella. She kept proving to him time and time again na mahal sya ni Stephanie not because of his money or because he would be the savior of their hotels, but because she loved him for him; wala ng ibang reason kung bakit gusto sya nitong pakasalan. He knew na he would never let this woman out of his life ever, and he couldn't wait to officially call her his wife.

"Son, are you ready?" his dad Watson clapped him on the shoulder.

"Yes, Dad. More than ready," he smiled.

"And you're doing this because you really love her?"

"Yes, Dad. I love her more than anything in the world. I know na ang nakapagsunduan ay magiging co-owners pa rin ang mga Asuncion ng mga hotels nila, but honestly, I'm giving 100% of the shares to my wife. Ibibigay ko ito sa kanya as my wedding gift to her. I don't care about that, Dad. Ako naman na ang namamahala nito, so ang final decision ko is I'm going to give my wife total control of their hotels again."

"Son..."

"Dad, it would be my pleasure to give the control back to Stephanie. That was the point of this marriage in the first place, right? Para may ownership pa rin sila sa mga Asuncion Hotels?"

"Yes, it is, son."

"I love Stephanie, and I want her to be happy. Alam kong masisiyahan sya sa regalo kong ito, so I am doing this wholeheartedly."

"You are a good man, Ashton. A man of good character," his dad said proudly. Naikwento na rin kse ni Ashton sa kanila ni Lorraine about how his relationship with Stephanie began in La Union.

"Thank you, dad. I appreciate it," Ashton embraced the older Benitez man.

"Kuya Dan, nagtext na si Rach. Ready na daw ang bride mo."

"Whoo!" Ashton let out a loud breath. "This is it!" he grinned at his brother.

"Hindi ka naman halata eh, no, Kuya?" Enzo laughed. "Oo na, ikaw na ang excited."

"Enzo, one day you'll understand this feeling."

"Sabi ko sayo dati na pag nagkatuluyan kami ni 'Gigi' invited ka sa kasal...yun pala, it's the other way around," inakbayan ni Enzo ang kanyang kuya na tumawa. "I'm happy for you, Kuya Dan. Alagaan mo si 'Ate' Steph, ha...or else."

"Oo naman, bro. And huwag kang magkamali dahil magiging 'Ate' mo na talaga sya at hanggang dun na lang talaga ang paghanga mo sa kanya," Ashton clapped his brother hard on the shoulder.

Enzo let out a quiet ouch and laughed. Blood is thicker than water, Kuya Dan. "Well, Kuya...huwag na natin paghintayin pa ang iyong mahal na prinsesa."

The two brothers walked out of the dressing room behind their dad and towards the garden where Ashton would wed the love of his life.

***

"My beautiful baby girl, today you change your last name and become someone's wife," Rafael held his daughter's hand and squeezed it.

"I know, Daddy! Can you imagine?" Stephanie laughed. "Someone actually putting up with my bratty ways? It's a miracle!"

"Any man would be lucky to have you," Rafael smiled at his daughter.

"Aww, Daddy, you're only saying that because I'm your princess," she winked at her dad.

"Hindi, anak, totoo yan. You're doing a wonderful thing for our family, for our business, for our legacy. I'm sorry if we forced you into this before."

"It's okay, Daddy. Napagusapan na namin ni Ma ito kanina lang. And we're just blessed na naging totoo ang pagmamahalan namin ni Ashton. I love him, Daddy, and I will gladly marry him even if there was no contract involved."

"Thank you, Steph. I love you," her dad kissed her on the forehead.

"I love you, too," she grinned at her father in the way like she used to when she was just a little girl.

"Now let's get you married," her dad laughed.

"Let's!"

Binuksan na ng mga wedding coordinators ang pintuan patungo sa indoor garden kung saan naka set up na ang seats for the 300 guests that were originally supposed to witness this joyous union. Pero syempre ngayon, walang mga nakaupo doon. She vaguely remembered the bamboo backed chairs with white cushions and royal blue silk and organza ribbons tied on the backs; barely smelled the aroma of all the different flowers that lined the white carpet that led to the altar; didn't register in her brain any other beautiful details she painstakingly planned with Yen. Her eyes swiftly scanned the familiar faces of Carlota and Rachel on one side of the altar na nakangiti at kinikilig. Eman and Enzo, who stood on the other side, grinned at her. Watson and Lorraine Benitez stood in front  the chairs sa pinakaharap facing the door, waiting patiently for her and her parents to walk down the aisle. Her eyes zoomed in on her groom who was standing in the middle of the altar in front of the officiating minister. He had the biggest smile on his face, his eyes full of awe and love at the sight of her.

Ashton watched as she walked down the long aisle sandwiched between her parents. She wore the most beautiful ivory colored off shoulder gown with an illusion floral lace neckline, showing off her delicate collar bones and toned shoulders. It was fit around the waist and flowed out into an A-line skirt, lace covering the bodice entirely before ending to the middle of the skirt. On her feet were off white lace and satin round toe pumps that matched her gown perfectly. Her long veil trailed behind her, her face radiating happiness, her eyes shining with tears of joy, her hands holding onto a dozen white tulips tied up with royal blue ribbon around the stems to hold them together in a thick bunch. Ashton felt like he held his breath the entire time she glided to him, and he waited as she kissed her parents on the cheek. He walked up to her parents and nagbeso kay Eva bago nakipagkamayan kay Rafael. Her parents took their seats on the other side of the aisle in the same row as Watson and Lorraine. He then took hold of his love's hand and led her to the front of the altar to begin the ceremony.

"I love you," he mouthed to her as they faced each other.

"I love you, too," she mouthed back.

They smiled at each other the entire time, parang di nga nila narinig ang mga sinasabi ng officiant. Ang alam lang nila ay na talagang totohanan na ang kanilang kasal, at lahat silang naging witness dito ay hindi tutol sa mga magiging ganap.

"Abo," she said with so much gentleness. "This is it. Totoo na ito. I didn't know when I first met you na I would end up with you; na you would mean everything to me, na I would be marrying the love of my life. Mapaglaro talaga ang tadhana ano? Who knew that the very man I was running away from would be the very same man I would be running to?" her tears slipped down her cheeks. "Naniniwala na talaga ako na walang accidents in this life; lahat ng nangyayari sa buhay natin ay may purpose; meant to be. No matter how much I tried to run away from you, I was meant to meet you pa rin. I was meant to love you. Ikaw lang ang tumanggap sa akin wholeheartedly, na hindi natakot sa pagiging 'bratinella' ko, as you always liked to say," she giggled. "I can't promise na mawawala na yun completely, but I can promise you na I will strive to grow up with you, to compromise with you, to love you, for the rest of my life. For you, I'm willing to lose control. I, Stephanie Geraldine Asuncion, take you, Daniel Ashton Benitez, to be my lawfully wedded husband. To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, until death do us part."

Ashton kissed her hand before beginning his vows.

"Gigi," he chuckled. "Unang kita ko pa lang sayo, I already fell. Syempre because of your obvious physical beauty," he chuckled again, "but not just because of that; I've never met a woman who didn't just automatically bow down to me. My name and reputation had always preceded me, so minsan mahirap magtantiya ng intention ng mga tao. But you," he held her cheeks. "You were always so true to me in spite of your hidden identity. You were true to yourself, always honest with me as much as you could given the situation. I'm sorry sa hindi ko pagsabi sa yo nung una kung sino ako at kung ano ang nalalaman ko, but Love, I am so happy na natanggap mo pa rin ako, na minahal mo pa rin ako, na pumayag kang magpakasal sa akin. You are the love of my life and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you. I promise na magiging equal partners tayo in this marriage; na as much as possible, I will treat you with the love and care you deserve. I, Daniel Ashton Benitez, take you, Stephanie Geraldine Asuncion as my lawfully wedded wife. To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, until death do us part."

Stephanie kissed the heel of his left hand that held her face and smiled. They exchanged rings and pagkatapos nun ay sinabi na ng officiant ang pinakahihintay nila. Ashton was finally allowed to kiss his bride. He cupped her face in his hands again and stepped closer to her.

"Galingan mo, Abo, ha? I have very high expectations," she teased him sassily.

"Sure, Mrs. Benitez. I'll make sure na hahanaphanapin mo ang halik ko," he winked at her before closing the very small gap between their faces.

He gave her the sweetest kiss, nothing as unadulterated or as passionate as they shared many times before, but this was a kiss that sealed their new life together, a kiss full of love and promise for many bright days ahead.

***

Ashton swayed with his new wife on the dance floor as their reception got underway.  Natapos na lahat ng ceremonyas, ngayon ay nagpaparty na lang talaga sila along with their guests.  The DJ slowed things down after a series of fast hip hop and club hits, at hinapit ni Ashton palapit sa kanya ang kanyang asawa.

"Wifey?"

"Yes, hubby?"

"It's yours," he looked down at her.

"What's mine?  Ang very hot and yummylicious abs mo?" she smirked at him.  "Matagal na, hindi ba?"

"Well, yes, that too," he laughed.  "Your hotels.  They're all yours.   They officially belong to Stephanie Geraldine Benitez.  100%."

"What?" nanlaki ang mga mata ni Stephanie.  

"Yes, wifey.  You're the woman in charge of those.  Ikaw na ang mamamahala sa lahat ng branches nyo ng boutique hotels ninyo."

"Seryoso, hubby?" she smiled at him.

"Yes.  The whole point of this marriage was to give you back your hotels, and now they're yours."

"No, Love.  The whole point of this wedding and this marriage is because we love each other," she stood on her tip toes to plant a kiss on her husband's lips.

"Aba, aba, ang bratinellang Gigi ay nagiging malambot na!" he joked with her.

"Namnamin mo na... habang I'm still basking in the glow of getting married to you," she kissed his lips again.

"I love you, Steph."

"I love you, too."

"You're mine.  Forever."

"Wala na talaga akong kawala?" she playfully pouted.

"Walang wala na!" he hugged her to him and kissed her neck.  "Abo and Gigi forever!"

"Wala ng bawian ha!" she laughed.

"Wala na.  Mahal na mahal kita, Steph."

"Mahal na mahal din kita, Ash.  So much."

He kissed her again and dipped her backwards, kissed her kahit na naghihiyawan na ang mga bisita, kissed her kahit maraming flash na ng camera.  He was proud to be kissing this woman; proud to call her his wife.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

39.6K 884 32
It's a mistake! It's forbidden! but then Kathryn can't help but be mesmerized. he's off limits! she's off limits. Read the behind the scenes of Kat...
Ang Mutya Ng Section E Lara द्वारा

सामान्य साहित्य

137M 5.3M 131
Masarap mapunta sa Section na may pagkaka-isa. Meron mang hnd pagkaka-unawaan, napag-uusapan naman. Panu kung mapunta ka sa Section na ikaw lang ang...
3.1M 131K 21
(Yours Series # 2) Julienne Salvacion definitely didn't think that she'd reach the age of 32 and still be unmarried. She was sure that she'd, at leas...
Anonymous Photographer 조안나 द्वारा

रहस्य / थ्रिलर

14.2K 178 22
Si Leila ay isang sikat na modelo sa isang modelling agency. Sa kanyang larangan ay hindi maiiwasan ang mga stalker/paparazzi na maaaring guluhin ang...