DUSK TILL DAWN ~> JUGHEAD JON...

By RowanMorgenstern

"We never really see the beauty in things, until we take a really good look at them." (Riverdale fanfiction)... More

A/N
~
~Chapter 1~
~Chapter 2~
~Chapter 3~
~Chapter 4~
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
A few Moodboards
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Book 2 is up!

Chapter 30

9.5K 195 66
By RowanMorgenstern

CHERYL HAD made me change into a two piece dress looking thing, it was beautiful, definitely very over the top for a memorial but Cheryl is the one whose brother died, so I guess I'll just wear it.

Cheryl smiled as she twirled me around. "I did amazing." She muttered, a knock sounded at the door as Penelope Blossom stood there, her smile widened as she took in my entire. "You look marvelous, our dear Juliet." She said, walking up to me taking one hand on hers and spinning me like Cheryl did moments earlier.

Veronica was sitting on the bed wearing a beautiful dress, shorter then mine, Penelope smiled at me, leaning in and kissing my cheek, she treated me like a daughter, even better then Cheryl sometimes.

Penelope left the room to greet the guests that had started to arrive. "Sometimes I envy you." Cheryl spoke as she looked at me through the mirror, I looked down and sighed. "You ready?" Veronica asked us both.

"Just about." Cheryl sighed. "Veronica you go ahead, we'll be down soon."

"Okay." Veronica said giving us both a smile before she left.

"I know what you are thinking." I spoke out, turning to look at her. "Do it."
.
.
.
.
.
Cheryl and I walked down the stairs, Cheryl had changed into the clothes she was wearing the night she was found by Sweetwater River, everything was the same.

Her cold hand was clutching onto mine like I was her only substance of life, but I only returned the tightness of her grip.

My hair was left down and drawn to one side like Cheryl's, she had gave me her black funeral vail as she now wore her white one, my makeup was a tad bit darker as I had applied a darker crimson red to my plump lips.

Everyone turned around to look at us, shock was the only expression on their faces, the air turned cold as I looked towards my friends, my heart clenched when I saw Betty and Jughead sitting close together, all of them looking at me like I was a ghost, like they could see right through me.

Cheryl and I walked up to the front, we were two redheads who lost a special person who we loved, the bond the three of us used to have was strong, Clifford and Penelope stared at us in a look we have come to known in these last few minutes, shock.

We stood behind the podium, my expression was emotionless as I heard Veronica mutter. "Oh my god." Followed by Kevin. "Yes."

"Welcome to Thornhill." I spoke, still holding Cheryl's hand. "Thank you all for coming." Cheryl took over as she looked at everyone. "If you would kindly take your seats, we would like to start the memorial... with a few words about Jason."

Tears were forming in Cheryl's eyes, I looked over at Jughead who was already looking at me, I bit my lip.

"The last time I saw Jason...I was wearing this dress." Cheryl spoke. "I know it's impossible. But I swear, when I put it on, it-it feels like he's in the room with me." Cheryl looked at the picture next to me as I also turned to look at it. He was perfect in that photo, I was there when they took it, I kept making him laugh all the time.

They finally got the picture when I was standing by the photographer, I was just simply smiling at him, when he smiled back and I saw a flash of light and immediately knew they had taken the photo.

"Even though we were twins, I used to demand I have my own birthday party. Cheryl paused. "Until one year, out of the blue, Jason convinced me we had to combine them into one."

I looked down, I remembered Jason ranting to me about how he felt sorry for Cheryl and how he wanted people to come to her birthday. I gave him the idea of combining their parties.

"It wasn't until years later, I found out why, it was because nobody wanted to come to mine." Cheryl said, I knew she was going to cry, I felt her hand tighten around mine.

My own tears threatening to fall. "And Jason didn't want me to know, every single day. I wish, that day at the river, I had protected him." Cheryl sobbed turning to me, I pulled her towards me and hugged her, letting her sob onto my shoulder, my own tears were falling.

We both turned towards the coffin, I pressed my palm against it as Cheryl did the same. "I'm so sorry, Jay-Jay, we failed you." She sobbed. "All of us,"

I felt more tears run down my face, as  someone pulled me away from the coffin, I turned around to see Jughead, he pressed his hand against my cheek and rubbed his thumb gently against it before embracing me, I turned my head to the side and saw Veronica comforting Cheryl.

Jughead, Cheryl, Veronica and I had moved to sit down before Penelope stood up and started to speak at the podium, Jughead had his arm around my waist as my head rested on his shoulder.

" I think we'll adjourn now to the Winter salon for a light supper." Penelope spoke gently as people started to walk in the direction she was pointing. Cheryl was sitting on a chair as Veronica was keeling in front of her.

"I have to go for a second." Jughead whispered as we both stood up. "Why?" I asked wiping my eyes from the tears that still lay on my face, he didn't say anything as he smiled. "I need to use the bathroom." He spoke quickly, I nodded my head slowly.

He pressed his hand against my cheek and leaned in, pressing his warm lips against mine for a few seconds before pulling away. "I'll be back soon." He smiled.

He walked away as I turned around and looked after him, my eyebrows furrowed as I watched him give Betty a gesture as she started to follow him, what were they doing together?

I started to follow, Jughead and Betty, trying to be as quiet as possible.

They both walked into Jason's room making me bit my lip, standing by the wall that was right next to the door. "Is it me or did the temperature just drop like it does in the horror movies?" I heard Betty ask.

"Just the icy chill of the dead." Jughead replied, why would they be in a dead boys bedroom? what were they looking for?

"Where does a teenage boy hide things?" Betty asked once again, I rolled my eyes, they were definitely looking for something.

"Under the mattress, maybe in the drawers, behind the headboard, in the closet." Jughead lists as he looked around, I peered through the crack in the door, Jughead went over to the drawers and opened them while Betty looked in the side table.

"Hello." The voice of an old woman spoke, I watched as Jughead grabbed onto Betty's shoulders, I bit my lip again, harder this time, my nails digging into my hand.

"I'm so sorry." Betty breathed out. "We were just leaving." Jughead looked over Betty's shoulder, shock still present on his face.

"Oh, it's you." The woman spoke. "How lovely to see you again, come closer." She held her hand out for Betty to take. "I wanna get a good look at you." Jughead whispered something into Betty's ear making her smile.

She walked closer, Jughead pushing her towards the woman. "Come closer, Polly dear." I brought my hand up to my mouth, to hold in my gasp, I saw the nail marks in my hand with fresh blood ready to spill from the wound.

"It's nice to see you again, too." Spoke Betty as she sat down at the end of Jason's bed, looking at the woman, Jughead looked concerned as he stood and watched. "I'm sorry it had to be under such terrible circumstances."

I watched as the woman gasped hold of Betty's hands, feeling for something on the left one. "Well of course you're not wearing it, oh bless." The woman spoke.

"Wearing wh-" Betty was cut off as the woman spoke again. "Juliet, dear is that you?"

I froze before I walked backwards not making a sound, I went to the bathroom and shut the door loudly before walking towards the room, walking inside. "Did you shout me?" I asked.

"Oh, come here." The woman spoke happily, I now recognized her as Jason's grandmother, she was a beautiful old lady, very blind as well, but she knew her things.
I walked in and sent a fake look of confusion towards Jughead and Betty.

"Beautiful as always, our dear Juliet."
Nana Rose spoke. "Come closer to me."

I sat down next to Betty and looked towards Nana Rose, she leaned in, hugging me before whispering something. "The boy loves you, I can feel it."

I looked towards Jughead who held his hand out for me to take, I stood up after kissing the old woman's cheek, grabbing hold of his hand, a look of worry was covering his face.

"Anyway, what am I meant to be wearing?" Betty spoke.

"The ring, Polly." Grandmother Blossom spoke, I looked towards Jughead in confusion before he kissed my cheek and then my forehead, he knew this calmed my nerves. "That ring has been in the Blossom family for generation, you keep it close to your heart, always."

Tears were gathering in Betty's eyes as they were mine. "But don't tell Penelope I gave it to you, or she'll likely come and snip it off your finger." Nana Rose Spoke darkly.

"I won't, I promise." Betty spoke looking at Jughead and I, I bit my lip hard again as I tried not to let my tears fall.

"Such a shame, your wedding was the last thing i was living for, I lost a grandson but you, you've lost the love of your young life, poor child," Grandmother Blossom Spoke before looking over towards Jughead and I. "That would be like you my dear boy, losing Juliet, she is your young love."

Jughead's hand tightened around mine. Betty stood up. "Excuse me...I have to...I can't...." She stutters, I gestured for Jughead to follow her as he looked reluctant to leave me with the woman I'm sure he thinks is crazy. "Go to her." I smiled, he nodded and kissed me, it was only a few seconds but it made us both feel better.

After he went I sat down next to Nana Rose, she turned to look at me and picked up a piece of my red hair, twirling it around. "Such a beautiful woman you are becoming." She sighed.

"Thank you, Ms. Blossom." I smiled, the old woman laughed lightly as she shook her head. "Juliet my dear, you are my family, call me what you would call your grandmother."

"Of course, Grandma." I smiled, she suddenly smiled, and wheeled away, grabbing something from a drawer "Jason was going to give you these on your birthday." She smiled coming back to me, she opened the box to reveal a beautiful locket necklace and a simple silver band ring. "The ring and necklace both have words engraved into them."

I picked up the ring and read the engrave. 'Together always' I slipped it onto my right ring finger and picked up the locket, opening it and gasping, There was a picture of Jason and I, it was beautiful, engraved on the other side was 'our love will be forever.'

Grandmother Blossom smiled as I put the locket on around my neck.

I took a vow that I would never take this Locket off.

Authors Note,

Bloody hell this was long, I hope you enjoy it, I basically got half an episode in this! Wooo!!

This is the photo inside of the locket!! Just so you know ❤️

~Robyn

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

556K 12.8K 31
"Riverdale's original head bitch is back and better than ever, ladies and gentlemen." After a few months away of modeling all around the world, by...
376K 8.4K 76
JugxReader cause why not🤷🏻‍♀️First real fan fiction on Wattpad😹 Published Nov. 29, 2017 [ RANKINGS ] Aug. 25, 2019 •°• #1 in riverdalefanfic •°• •...
103K 1.3K 34
Different scenarios featuring the characters from Riverdale / The Archie Comics Disclaimer: I do not own Riverdale or any of the related comics e.t...
41.1K 1.9K 80
[ COMPLETED] Alice Cooper has a much darker past than she lets on. She tries to hide the truth. She fails to hide her true identity from one person...