Under The Spotlight || UNEDIT...

By arandomhello

William Everest is just a regular seventeen year old who happens to be the biggest heartthrob worldwide. Grow... More

I N F O R M A T I O N
0 1
0 2
0 4
0 5
0 6
0 7
0 8
0 9
1 0
1 1
1 2
1 3
1 4
1 5
1 6
1 7
1 8
1 9
2 0
2 1
2 2
2 3
2 4
2 5
2 6
2 7
2 8
2 9
3 0
3 1
Covers made by you guys :)

0 3

22.3K 553 114
By arandomhello

|Cassie|

There were only a few teachers I could somewhat stand in this entire school and only one that I could actually say is my favorite and that would be Mrs. Palmer. Who just happened to be my English teacher which out of coincidence happens to be my top class.

While the rest of my former classmates dismissed themselves to go to lunch, every teenagers favorite time of the day for some reason, I walked up to Mrs. Palmer desk and sat down on her black spinney chair we decided to call Squeaks because when you turn just slightly.

Squeak. That happens.

Mrs. Palmer, who was cleaning off her whiteboard, turned to face me with a smile.

"If you were any other students, I would of gave you a detention." She explained before turning back to erase the parts of speech we were working on today.

"You go Mrs. Palmer!" I cheered her on making her laugh somewhat more than prior efforts I've made. "No one touches Squeaks!"

I could see that she was laughing, but of course she wouldn't let me see.

"How's that book of yours going?" She asked before taking a seat at her desk. Pulling out a list of papers she needed to have corrected in a few weeks.

"Boring. I've never met a main protagonist so stupid." I groan. "I mean you can't just expect everything is going to be all fine and back to normal after killing the Serpent King. It's like she completely forgot the prophecy from chapter two and don't get me started on that cursed necklace she, for some reason, never tried to take off and chuck it into a fire."

"Interesting." She chuckled slightly at my frustration.

"I'm planning to head down to the book store later today. Julia Markson just released her new book. I've never been so anxious!" I turned on Squeak's in a complete circle.

"Never been a Markson fan." Palmer blurted out.

I sent glares her way but I was too excited to even care.

"I'll see you later Palmer. Got to go make sure Clarke isn't freaking out over some boy." I explain.

"Tell her happy birthday from me!" She hollered after me before the crowds of hungry students took me away with them.

I quickly made my way through the crowd of hungry and sleep deprived teenagers to find Clarke and Rue on their phones. Smiles wider than anyone I knew.

"What you looking at?" I asked out of curiosity.

Rue looked up at me, "like you care."

"I don't, but I have nothing else better to do." I smirk.

Clarke sighed before finally spilling the beans. "William just posted a shirtless picture on all his media accounts!"

I think I'm going to be sick.

"You're kidding right? This is like the biggest thing ever!" I smile.

Rue sent a few glares at me before looking over at Clarke. Probably looking for permission to throw a smartass comment my way. Being a good sister that Clarke is, and it being both of our birthday, she pretended to not see it. Even though we both know she did in fact see it and most likely thought about it for at least a second.

"I seriously don't know how you don't think William is the hottest guy ever." Clarke stated the most obvious fact in the world.

"It's because I don't need to be wrapped up in the digital world. Besides there's no way he posted that himself. I'm pretty sure he has people do that for him." I crossed my arms.

"I bet its a teaser for the new season." Rue changed the subject completely.

"It has to be, but I swear to god if he ends up dating that Zoe Hall chick who's been rumored to be guest starring. I'm going to go insane."

Oh my god, I'm the only reasonable person. I don't know how Dad would be able to be sane with taking care of two Clarke's.

"And this is my exit." I mumble to myself since I was completely pushed out of whatever that conversation was.

I left the cafeteria and headed to the library. The quietest place in this entire high school. I took my seat in the back corner, right on a beanbag chair, and pulled out my book. Diving into the second half of the book.

◻◼◻◼◻◼◻

I was wrong about the library being the quietest place in this entire high school. There was nothing quiet about it today.

All the athletes crowded around a nearby table. Working loudly on their midterm project they decided to procrastinate on until the period before that class.

"Hey Cass!" One called to me.

I looked up to see, Marcus, a tall football and track team all star starring down at me. He was the definition of perfection. Jet black hair, soft brown eyes, and the perfect tan every girl kills for but don't tell them his secret; sports.

"Yes?" I ask, raising my eyebrows in annoyance.

"What did you put down as the theme for the book that we're reading in Palmer's class?" He asked with a sincere smile.

"Censorship."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Oh, okay. Thank you." He turned quickly you his paper and wrote it down.

Idiots. It's a dystopian based society that hides them from the world. I couldn't help but think to myself. They could of just googled it. It's a popular book.

Again I looked back down at my book, groaning slightly and mentally face palming.

◻◼◻◼◻◼◻

Clarke and I both have our last period of the day as a teacher aid for Mrs. Palmer's class. Since I'm her favorite student and the class is just presenting their midterm project, we're allowed to leave. Thank god, since the quicker I can get to the bookstore. The quicker I can purchase Julia Markson new book and dive headfirst into that adorable -but magical- love story of hers.

Dad waited out front for us. Driving off as soon as we got into the car.

"So my plan is after work, we got out to eat at that pizza cafe and then open up gifts while enjoying a movie and ice cream night. What do you say?"

"I love it." Clarke smiled in the backseat.

"Me too, but as long as we watch horror movies first. I have a test tomorrow and I chose not to be wide awake tonight." I negotiate. Unlike Clarke and Dad, I hate horror movies.

"Fine." Dad groaned sarcastically.

I glared while Clarke laughed. She laughed then punched me in the shoulder playfully.

When Dad dropped us off, I instantly sprinted to my room and looked for my purse, which wasn't really a purse, just a small black backpack I use as a purse.

"Where you going?" Clarke asked. Starring at me from my doorway.

"Julia Markson released her new book today." I quickly explained.

"Weirdo." She mumbled to herself before I assumed walking into her room.

Non-readers. They'll never understand how hard it is to get a signed copy from your favorite author without meeting then face to face.

Once I found it, in a matter of ten seconds I was already out the door and on my way to the book store. Anxious but ready as ever to get my hands on that book.

The Corner Bookstore, which was literally its name, was only three blocks away. Right next to a Bean and Brews too, which made it ten times better.

I walked inside and a wave of relief lifted off my shoulders when that tiny bell in the doorframe ringed.

"Hello again!" Katie, the book clerk who happens to be the chilliest college student ever said.

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this." I hollered. Making my way to the teen fiction section of the store. You could get lost in here with these mountains of books.

"Ill be in the break room if you need anything!" Katie hollered back, leaving me alone with multiple realms surrounding me.

I smiled to myself when I turned the corner. Seeing the beautiful and aesthetically pleasing purple and white cover standing on the shelf, just waiting for me. A tiny golden circle on the corner showing that it's a signed copy.

There is nothing that could bring my mood down. A birthday gift from myself.

I gripped the book tightly in my fingers. Too anxious and ready to read it, I didn't watch where I was going when I turned around quickly to tell Katie I was ready to checkout. Instead I found myself ramming headfirst into someone's chest, knocking the wind out of me.

"I'm so sorry." I stutter, picking up the book I knocked out of their hand. Still mine was glued to my fingertips.

I go to hand then their book and for some reason my brain decided to make a sly comment to cover my embarrassment.

"Oh this book will probably be the greatest romance you'll ever read," I paused when I looked up. Realizing that I was actually talking to man. It was shocking and he must of saw my surprise because his tan face went pale as if he just saw a ghost.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Super Blogger By UC

Science Fiction

1.7K 276 35
Love, Crime, Action! When the world's richest blogger is secretly the world's only superhero... you'd think he couldn't have it any better. But throw...
2.7K 664 63
Status: Complete. "Face it, dove, I've sparked your interest." ⚜ Alyssa isn't looking for a fairytale; she has a perfect life in California with noth...
9.6K 575 28
The third installment of the All But Mates Series and a crossover from the Wait For It Series. We follow Xander and Veronica's son Everest, who's mat...
518K 6.7K 41
Dae Parker is just your average teen. She's survived high school without all the drama. Now comes college. And little does she know that's the total...