Worth It

By blackgirlwrites

[COMPLETED] This story is messy! Prepare to be pissed! Lol More

Chapter 1: Challenge Accepted
Chapter 2: All In
Chapter 3: Feels Right
Chapter 4: The Wknd
Chapter 5: A Metaphor For Always
Chapter 6: Knowing What You Deserve
Chapter 7: Got Your Back
Chapter 9: Being Present
Chapter 10: Heart to Heart
Chapter 11: Pining After You
Chapter 12: Heated Confrontation
Chapter 13: How It Went Down
Chapter 14: The Cat is Out of the Bag
Chapter 15: You Got Served
Chapter 16: In the Blink of An Eye
Chapter 17: Major Adjustments
Chapter 18: Official
Chapter 19: The Turn Up
Chapter 20: If It's Not One Thing...
Chapter 21: ...It's Another
Chapter 22: Pinky Promise
Chapter 23: The Visit
Chapter 24: The Interlude
Chapter 25: Things Fall Apart
Chapter 26: Curveball
Chapter 27: Thanks Ma
Chapter 28: The Smoke Has Cleared
Chapter 29: Our Next Move
Chapter 30: Clear the Room
Chapter 31: The Chat
Chapter 32: First Impressions
Chapter 33: Getting Acquainted
Chapter 34: Laying it All Down
Chapter 35: Mommy Dearest
Chapter 36: Decisions
Chapter 37: A Little Solace...
Chapter 38: Bittersweet Moments
Chapter 39: Back to Back
Chapter 40: Water Lilies
Chapter 41: The Light at the End
Chapter 42: New Life
Chapter 43: It's Me
Chapter 44: Betrayal
Chapter 45: The Pieces He Left
Chapter 46: I Remember
Chapter 47: The Saturday After
Chapter 48: Puzzle Pieces
Part 49: The One Before You
Chapter 50: Denial Ain't Just A River...
Chapter 51: Detour
Chapter 52: Make Believe Love
Chapter 53: You Know How That Goes
Chapter 54: 6211 Lighthouse Drive
Chapter 55: Let's stay Together
Chapter 56: The Blow Up
Chapter 57: I'll Always Love You
Chapter 58: An Unforgettable Night
Chapter 59: The Truth About Us
Chapter 60: Snapped
Chapter 61: Go Handle Your Business
Chapter 62: These Arms
Chapter 63: Terms & Conditions

Chapter 8: Looking Out

4.1K 201 11
By blackgirlwrites

"Wow it looks so beautiful in here," Janelle said as she looked around wide eyed.

"Right! This place is amazing isn't it." We walked around admiring some of the paintings.

"Oh look. Here's Adrian's," Janelle called out. She placed her hands on her hips.

"Wow," she nearly whispered, "He's incredible." We slowly drifted from one piece of his artwork to the next, careful not to miss anything.

"Alyssa! Janelle!" We heard a familiar voice call out behind us. We turned around and were shocked to see Kevin and Adrian together.

"What are y'all doing here," he asked in surprise.

"We're here to support a black man's dream," I teased just before leaning in to give Adrian a hug. "It is so good to see you again. Congratulations," I said as I squeezed him tightly. "Thank you, thank you," he said after we stepped away from one another. Kevin's eyebrows were raised in subtle confusion.

"Well. If it isn't Mr. Alvarez himself," Janelle teased. She stepped closer and gave him a hug. "Congratulations on your big debut. Everything is stunning." When they separated Adrian thanked her. "You look beautiful by the way," he complimented. Janelle beamed. "Thank you."

"So how do y'all know each other and why am I the last to know?" Kevin cut in. Adrian chuckled. "We met a couple weeks ago at the sip and paint I teach every other Friday."

"Okay. So I'm trynna figure out why Alyssa hugging you like y'all've been friends for years," Kevin joked.

I playfully hit him on the arm. "Stop it. That was my "I'm proud of you" hug," I laughed.

"But you don't know him," he teased. Everyone laughed. "I still gotta support my black brothers, plus I've gotta feeling that he's gonna be like family anyway," I said with a wink. Janelle raised her eyebrow at me. "So, Kevin? Adrian? What's y'all story," I asked.

Kevin grinned excitedly and looked at Adrian. "Adrian is my god brother and one of my best friends."

"Aw," Janelle and I said at the same time. I turned to Janelle. "Didn't you just feel the love when he said that?" "Girl yes," she laughed.

Kevin and Adrian grinned. "That's that brotherly love," Adrian reaffirmed. I smiled. "You know what? I love y'all friendship already," I said.

"Yes," Janelle chimed in, "we've all gotta hang out one day." Adrian turned to face Janelle and gave her his undivided attention. "Actually, I'd love it if I could take you out instead." Janelle was caught by surprise, but only for a second. She grinned coquettishly, "How about next Friday at eight?" Kevin and I eyed each other as we watched the magic unfold. Adrian's eyes lit up. "It's a date," he grinned, "on me." "Alright then," Janelle winked.

"Well in that case, Adrian how about you show Janelle around some more, while I steal Kevin away from you for a few minutes."

"Lys, why you acting like you ain't just come up from under Kevin some odd hours ago? Let me tell you something. Being thirsty is not cute," Janelle joked.

Adrian and Kevin laughed hysterically.

I eyed Janelle down. "Oh. Okay. But you know what is? This ass walking away from you." I wrapped Kevin's arms around me and smirked at Janelle jokingly. "Don't be a hater J---and Adrian good luck with that one." I could hear them snickering behind me as I directed Kevin away.

"Ooh where we going baby?"

"It's a surprise." I led him to a door. "Okay. Here we are." He looked at me. "I hope this isn't your surprise," he teased. I pulled out a key from my purse. "Nope."

"Lys. What exactly do you have in mind," he whispered huskily in my ear. I nudged his side playfully before unlocking the door. "This." I opened the door to a room full of paintings by famous artists.

Kevin's eyes widened as he walked inside. "Are these original paintings by---" he paused a moment to observe, "Van Gogh, Picasso, Salvador Dali, Jacob Lawrence---" He could barely find the words to speak. "I can't believe this right now. How'd you swing this?"

I grinned in amusment. "I know a few folks in high places." Kevin was so enthralled with the art.

"Come here. I want to show you something." I grabbed his hand and led him over to a painting that leaned against the wall. "Okay this one is one of my favorites."

"Yo. Don't tell me this is an original painting by A. A. Lafaye," he said giddily.

I grinned. "It is."

Kevin looked from me to the painting. "I can't believe this right now. He is my favorite contemporary artist." After a few minutes went by Kevin walked silently around the room admiring original paintings and masterpieces. "How good are you at keeping a secret," I interjected. He quickly turned around and grinned. "Amazing. Why," he asked as he slowly made his way back over to the painting by Lafaye.

"Because I have something to tell you. Are you ready?" He nodded his head. "Okay, but you have to promise that you won't say anything. This is between me and you. Got it?"

"Yes. Got it. I promise I won't tell a soul." I smiled at him.

"A.A. Lafaye's full name is Aimé Alexandre Lafayette James."

"What! Are you serious!" He chuckled. "And he's French! How do you know this? Me and my friends have been trying to figure that out for years."

"Well that's a part of the secret." Kevin looked at me with anticipation, his eyes begging me to go on. I exhaled and paused for dramatic effect. "He's my father."

Kevin's mouth hung open. "Wait a minute. I'm dating thee A.A. Lafaye's daughter." He laughed. "This is too much!" He stood still basking in the moment. "Psh. I can't believe this," he mumbled. He squatted down to get an even closer look at the painting.

I watched him for a moment and smiled. His excitement was infectious. I almost didn't want to interrupt him. I cleared my throat. "That's not all I wanted to share with you."

Kevin raised his brow at me and stood up. "There's more?" I smiled and nodded my head, "yes."

"Before we head back out, I brought you back here tonight to tell you that I showed my dad some of your work and he said that he would love to meet you and talk to you about your future as an artist." Kevin was almost brought to tears. "Baby. Please tell me you're not joking."

"I'm not joking."

He happily scooped me up into a hug and spun me around. "This is the best news ever. Thank you so much Lys," he said giving me several pecks on the lips. "You're welcome baby."

Kevin couldn't stop smiling. He pulled me in by my waist and kissed me again, but this time more passionately. I reluctantly pulled away. "Baby," I said in between pecks, "we gon' have to finish this later." Kevin's eyes pleaded with me. "But baby, I got so many ways I want to thank you right now." I couldn't contain my laughter. I grabbed his hand and pulled him away. "Come on mac daddy. Let's go."

We quickly found Janelle and Adrian and rejoined them. "Where'd y'all sneak off too," Janelle whispered to me. "I had to go show him something." Janelle side-eyed me. "Mmhm. Nasty."  "I didn't even mean it like that," I said as I pinched her arm. She chuckled silently beside me.

After a few minutes Adrian was welcomed onto the platform to briefly speak about his work. He was received graciously by the crowd. When he finished a number of people were anxious to buy his paintings. We, along with his friends that were in attendance, were eager to congratulate him.

Once Adrian made it through all of his formalities, everyone agreed that we should go out to celebrate.
..
Although Janelle and I were strangers among a group of friends, we felt very welcomed and had a great time. It seemed like every so often someone out of the group would check on us to see if we were okay or if we needed anything.

By 10 p.m. nearly everyone in attendance was either drunk or tipsy. I had to be the responsible adult since I was dubbed the DD. Janelle was tipsy, as was Kevin. I just knew I was in for a fun night.

By the time we reached eleven Kevin had me pushed up into a corner with dim lighting and nowhere to go. "Babe you want me to come over tonight and keep you company," he whispered in my ear. "I don't know. You think that's a good idea," I said biting my lip. Kevin kissed a trail down my neck and ran his hand up the inside of my thigh, gripping it firmly."I think it's a great idea," he mumbled into my clavicle. At this point I was certainly hot and bothered and even in the darkness he could tell.

By 12 a.m. Janelle was just full of energy. She wanted to wander everywhere. Thankfully she was ready to go when I was.

"Shouldn't you be the one drunk or tipsy tonight," I joked. Adrian laughed. "Definitely, but somebody has to be the responsible one," he teased. "Psh. Heard that."

When we arrived back to campus Adrian was already parked outside of the dorm with Kevin. After I got out of my car, I said goodnight to Adrian and congratulated him once again on his success. Janelle tried to play it off, but she was waiting for Kevin and I to go inside so she could talk to Adrian alone. Although Janelle wasn't drunk, I double checked to make sure she was okay before heading into the building with Kevin. She assured me that she was fine, so I left her to it.
...
When I got inside of my suite, much to my surprise my roommate, CeCe, was there with a few of her friends. That was a shocker, because she's never here. "Heeey roommate," she said to me when I entered into the suite.

"Hey roomie! How's it going? Long time no see," I teased as I gave her a hug.

She grinned. "You know me girl. Always on the run." She was in such a chipper mood. I went to my room to get settled and when I came back out CeCe pulled me to the side to make sure I was okay with her having company. I assured her that it was fine.

I headed into the kitchen to grab two bottles of water and when I turned away from the fridge, there was Ron.

"Whaddup Lys?"

"Oh my---you've gotta be kidding me. What are you doing here?

"I was invited."

"Great," I said sarcastically as I maneuvered my way around him. Ron proceeded to follow behind me. "So I was hoping that we could talk about what happened a little while back."

"No. Go away." Before I knew it Kevin was exiting out of my room and headed in my direction.

"Hey Lys---" He stopped dead in his tracks and zeroed in on Ron walking a few paces behind me. "Baby. What is he doing here?"

"According to him he was invited by CeCe." Kevin was not happy at all and it showed. Kevin sucked his teeth. I walked over to him "Babe. Let's just go back in my room. Don't worry about him."

"Nah. That's a'right. I was headed to the kitchen anyway." I put my hand on Kevin's chest in an attempt to stop him. "Baby. I'm good. I'm not dealing with him. I just want to get some snacks." I raised my eyebrow at him and he raised his back. My face broke out into a grin. "A'right," I said letting him go. With that I headed back into my room.

I sprawled out on my bed and checked my phone. I had a text from Janelle. Her text said that her and Adrian were going out for a little bit and that she turned on her location for me.

"Who you texting," Kevin asked me upon entering the room. He shut the door behind him.

I sat up. "Janelle. She was alerting me on her whereabouts. Her and Adrian are going out tonight."

"Oh word," he grinned. "I hope they have a good time."

"Same. She deserves someone good in her life," I said as I got off the bed to lock the door.

"Oh my bad. I completely forgot."

"It's okay," I said as I climbed on top of him. He looked up at me completely stunned. "What," I said before I kissed him. Kevin stopped me. "Are we doing this? I mean you aren't concerned if they hear us?" I pulled up my shirt and threw it over my head. "No. You have some unfinished business to attend to."
...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

PASSION By Piyu

Fanfiction

8.1K 734 68
Okay so this story is written two years back , so if it's cliché , understand . And I was really new to writing . If you guys have read it before I u...
65 12 13
This story might be a bit confusing but bare with me, please.
483 12 15
This story is my first one on here, so bare with me ok?
14 0 1
(y/n)... 1st story in this app, hope you enjoy! : ) This contain ⚠️ Bad words/swear. Bad Grammar. Some 18+ scene etc. This story might have 15 chapte...