Sixth Member

By speedypie

[Completed] Who said a girl can't join a boy band? Book one of the Sixth Member trilogy Rebecka Anne Tomlinso... More

Book features and stuff to know
Author's note
Prologue
Chapter 1: Christmas
Chapter 2: Life-Changing Discovery
Chapter 3: Auditions
Chapter 4: X Factor
Announcement
Chapter 6: The New Band
Acknowledgement
Chapter 7: Visiting Home
Chapter 8: Admitting the Truth
Announcement
Chapter 9: Poor Rebecka
Chapter 10: Pranking
Chapter 11: Prank Gone Wrong
Chapter 12: Unofficial Sixth Member
Chapter 13: A Day With Maddie
Chapter 14: Harry's Birthday Planning
Chapter 15: Birthday Surpirse
Acknowledgment/Announcement
Chapter 16: Dress Fitting
Chapter 17: Accident
Chapter 18: He's Okay, But Screaming With Pain
Chapter 19: Harry's Home
Chapter 20: Big Day
Chapter 21: Kristen
Announcement
I have decided
Chapter 22: Breakups and Asthma Attacks
Chapter 23: 2nd Attempt
Really Long Author's Note
Heartbroken and Abandoned
Chapter 24: Before The Concert
Chapter 25: First Concert
Chapter 26: Zayn's Announcement
Chapter 27: Road to Recovery
Chapter 28: Manchester
Chapter 29: Wedding
Announcement
Chapter 30: Reception
Ten Facts About Myself
Chapter 31: Amsterdam
Chapter 32: Telling Niall
Chapter 33: Resolution
Chapter 34: Over Again
Chapter 35: Offical Fifth Member
Final Author's Note
Bonus scene 1: Harry meets Maddie
Bonus scene 2: Niall tells Rebecka
Sequel
Translation
Just a couple of announcements
Married Member snippet
It's been a while. . .
Happy Holidays
Niall's Concert
1 Year anniversary
New book!

Chapter 5: Performing

2.3K 58 26
By speedypie

Revised: 2/3/18

Words: 1718

~Louis's POV~

"If only you'll just let me explain!" Becky shouted at me.

"Fine! Explain!" I shout back at her.

"I came to tell you that I was sorry about walking out in the middle of our conversation earlier," she said, surprisingly without yelling.

"Wow, Beck, I thought it was because I thought you actually liked that Liam guy."

"It's nothing. We just keep runnin in to each other, coincidently," she explained.

I felt completely stupid. I should have known! How could I have been that stupid?

"You said that this is about walking out on our conversation," I say, bringing us back to the topic.

"Oh, yeah, well I thought I was more important that our conversation," Becky told me.

I looked confused. "What do you mean?"

"I had another attack. As soon as it happened, I tried to hurry fast, cause my inhaler was in my room, and not on me," Becky explained.

I felt even more dumb and stupid. "I'm sorry, Becky. That whole thing was my fault. Come here."

I pulled Becky into a big hug and kissed her forehead. "You should have just told me in the first place."

"I tried, but it didn't work out."

I knew she was referencing to the argument. I wanted to push that memory in the back of my brain and lock it up forever.

"Can we go downstairs and do something fun with everybody?" I asked.

"Yeah, come on," Becky answered.

We both went downstairs and found management.

"We've been waiting," they tell us angrily.

"Sorry, we've had a little bit of a sibling dilemma," I quickly explain.

"Sit down, now," they said.

"Fine, fine," Becky said, putting her hands in the air and taking a seat by someone with black hair. I sat next to her.

"Now that everybody is here," management started. "We can explain what's going to happen. For the first few weeks, you will be going solo, but after that, we will change things a little bit."

Me and Becky looked at each other.

"Be prepared for anything," they finished. They left the house, and me and Becky started to get everyone's attention.

"Hey, guys!" We call. We must be pretty good, because everybody looked at us. "Who wants to play a game to get to know each other better?" I ask.

They all cheered.

"So, we're taking that as a yes," Becky said.

"Any ideas?" I ask.

"How 'bout the 'Name Game'?" The same curly haired boy from before said.

"Sure, why not? Names are a start," I say.

"How do you play that?" The black haired boy said.

"Everyone picks a spot on the floor, and we take turns saying someone's name, and if that person doesn't say a different name in time, they have to go to the end and be in last chair. The first chair starts us off, and whoever is there by the end of the game is the winner," I explain.

"That's not hard," someone says.

"But there's one twist to the game," I continue. "Whoever's original spot your in, that's who's name you have."

"For example," Becky started. "If I say Louis, and he misses, then he goes to the end. If I was right behind him, everyone would move up one spot, and then my name would be Louis."

"Well, that made things more complicated. I'm in!" the blonde boy said.

We started telling each other our names, and we started playing.

***

~Rebecka's POV~

We were playing for ten minutes, laughing whenever we got a name wrong. I was currently named "Emily".

"Becky!"

I answer automatically. "Louis! Oh dang it! I'm last!"

We all start laughing as I made my way to last chair.

Pat, clap, thumbs. Pat, clap, thumbs. The pattern was continuous throughout the game.

"Zayn!"

"Mike!"

"Liam!"

"Jaden!"

"Shailey!"

"Joe!"

"Becky!"

I didn't say anything this time, thankfully.

"Louis!"

"Niall!"

It was my turn. "Liam!" I say the first name that comes to my head.

"Harry!"

The game went on for a long time, until it was one o'clock. We forgot about lunch. Someone's stomach rumbled.

"I'm hungry," the blonde boy said. During the game, I found out that his name was Niall.

"Niall, when are you not hungry?" Liam asked.

"Never. I'm always hungry," he shrugged his shoulders.

***

"Goodnight, everyone," Harry was saying. "Good luck tomorrow."

"Thanks, we'll need it," a lot of people were saying.

"Goodnight, guys," I said. I went up to my room and brushed my hair. I took a quick shower, brushed my hair again, and French braided it so it would be wavy tomorrow. I quickly brushed my teeth, set my alarm for seven, and went to sleep.

~Louis's POV~

After Becky went upstairs, I got a drink of water and went up to bed. I brushed my teeth and got in bed, knowing that I would wake up at seven.

***

I woke up to my phone receiving a text. I groaned and checked my phone. It was from Mum.

Mum: Hey, Lou, how's your first day going?

I opened the text to answer reluctantly. I was still tired

Me: doing great! :) you woke me up though, but it's almost seven anyways.

I hit send. Just as I suspected, my alarm started going off. I turn it off and took a quick shower. I wrapped the towel around my waist and go back in my room and quickly got dressed. I dried my hair the best I could with my towel, and put hair gel in it, and combed it in my usual style, the front sticking up. Dad says it looks manly, so I go with it, even though I secretly admire that style. I put some cologne on and went downstairs to breakfast. I found everybody already eating, including Becky.

Just then there was a knock at the door. Harry answers it.

~Rebecka's POV~

"Oh, hi! I'm Harry Styles," he introduced. I smile. He's such a gentleman.

"Oh, yeah, she's here," I hear him say. My ears perk up at that, and I turn my head, spoon in mid-air.

In the threshold, Mum was standing there.

"Mum!" I get down and hug her. "What are you doing all the way out in London?"

"Well, you forgot something," she told me. She held up a familiar black case.

"My karaoke set!" I exclaim as a take it from her. "Thanks, Mum, I can't believe I forgot it!"

Louis comes over.

"Hi, Mum," he hugged her.

"Hey, Lou," she hugged back "Did you make any friends yet?"

"Mum! I'm eighteen!"

"Just checking," she said innocently.

She handed Louis something, but I didn't catch what it was. Oh well, I told myself. It's his business anyways.

***

The first few weeks went good. Mostly, we just had voice training and practicing. We had a few private performances with just the judges and the other contestants just to help control stage fright, but thankfully, we didn't have any live performances yet. We thankfully got to know each other's names to match them with personalities, which was useful.

For example, Shailey was the quiet one, Jaden was the small one, Joe was the hyper one, Liam was the smart one, Mike was the nerdy one, Emily was the sassy-in-a-funny-way one, Harry was the chef, Niall was the hippo, and me and Louis were the siblings.

***

"Shailey, your voice was amazing," Simon was telling her. "However, some notes weren't quite the right pitch, but overall, you did good. It's a yes."

Shailey walked off the stage. This was our first live performance. Shailey had just gotten her third yes from the judges, and now, it was my turn.

"Next up, we have Rebecka Tomlinson!" The announcer said.

I gulped and walked nervously, my small heels clicking along while my lavender dress was swaying. The music started playing. I started singing my song.

***

I finish singing, and my palms are sweaty from being nervous.

"Becky," the female judge started. "You did absolutely wonderful. If you get enough votes, you're still in if I was the only judge, so that's a yes!"

"Thank you," I say.

"It's a yes," Louis Walsh said.

"Thank you," I say again.

"Becky. Rebecka. Rebecka Tomlinson," Simon started to say. I knew I wasn't going to pass him. He continued. "You didn't do good. I didn't like it."

I heard several gasps from the audience.

He continued, "You didn't do good, you did excellent. I didn't like it, I loved it!"

I let the breath I didn't know I was holding out with a sigh.

"You're in if you get enough votes."

"Thank you so much!" I say as I wipe my eyes carefully, trying not to mess up my makeup.

~Louis's POV~

It was my turn to perform. Becky came off the stage and hugged me good luck.

"Next up, we Louis Tomlinson!" The announcer said.

I nervously wiped my sweaty palms on my pants. I was wearing a dress shirt and black jeans, with white sneakers. I walked on stage and everybody applauded for me. The music started playing, and I started singing.

***

"Excellent, Louis, that was amazing!" Louis the judge was saying. "I say yes!"

"I also agree with Louis," Cheryl said. "It's a yes!"

"Thank you," I said.

"Well, there were some downsides," Simon started. "I can tell that your nervous, and that's effecting your overall performance, which is bad if you want to stay."

"Okay," I say.

"I'm sorry, Louis, I love you, but I'm going to have to say no."

"Okay," I say holding back tears. I walk off stage and sit down.

I can't fight the tears, no matter how hard I try, so I let them come. Now the only way I can stay is if I get enough votes.

.

.

.

Hey guys, I'm glad you're (hopefully) enjoying me story!

Remember to vote, and comment about what you thought. I will try to make chapters longer, but that might not happen until the book is further into the plot. Next chapter is going to be important, I promise.

One quick joke. Whoever answers this right, will get a mention in my next chapter.

Ps, I made it up, so google can't help.

Joke: What is a chicken's favorite school subject?

- speedypie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

ZERO By Mimi

Fanfiction

1.7K 574 29
Nina gets obliged to move from her home town. Leaving her family, friends and most importantly football team behind. After being the captain of her...
31K 951 31
*Book 1* Hi I'm Lisa and call me crazy but i have no idea who one direction is. I'm a 17 year old girl and I've never even seen One Direction. Unless...
10.5K 454 44
Louis Tomlinson. He is the typical ideal athlete at his school, Hayfield high school. Everyone thinks they know him. You know, a player with a big eg...
8.5K 355 18
Hi. I'm Audra Rayne. I live in Wolverhampton. You might not know me as... well, me. But You may be knowing Liam Payne (Obviously) from One Direction...