Swift and the Sword - Inktobe...

By StoryTeller_IRT

Complete!!! When an old power rises again, what can Swift do to protect her town? Can she rise to be the... More

Chapter 1: Swift
Chapter 2: Divided
SatS - Chapter 3: Poison
SatS-Chapter 4: Underwater
SatS - Chapter 5: Long
SatS - Chapter 6: Sword
SatS - Chapter 7: Shy
SatS - Chapter 8: Crooked
SatS - Chapter 9: Screech
SatS - Chapter 10: Gigantic
SatS - Chapter 11: Run
SatS - Chapter 12: Shattered
SatS - Chapter 13: Teeming
SatS - Chapter 15: Mysterious
Chapter 16: Fat
Chapter 17: Graceful
Chapter 18: Filthy
Chapter 19 - Clouds
Chapter 20: Deep
Chapter 21: Furious
Chapter 22: Trail
Chapter 23: Juicy
Chapter 24: Blind
Chapter 25: Ship
Chapter 26: Squeak
Chapter 27: Climb
Chapter 28: Fall
Chapter 29: United
Epilogue - Found
The Heros Mark

SatS - Chapter 14: Fierce

7 0 0
By StoryTeller_IRT

I chuckled as Shadow ruffled the colourful flowers that sprinkled the clearing around us.

"Okay, Okay," I said as I grasped her hand again "I know you like the flower but we must keep going, the others will be worried if we do not return soon"

Shadow pouted but obliged, but not without picking up a fallen one within her hands.

A Rose.

I smiled.

"Here I said, taking the stem gently from her palm.

Taking out a small pocket knife, a gift from Barnes long ago, I carefully stripped the stem of its protective layers.

"There we go!" I said once it is clear

Now let's see... I thought as I bit my tongue

Carefully, I weaved the now clear stem into the wave of her hair that floated above her.

Letting go, I ever so slowly watched as it moved around in her locks but did not fall from it.

Shadow giggled with delight as she said "Thank you! Pretty flower!"

"Yes, pretty flower. Just like you!" I replied as I swung her onto my hip, making sure not to jolt the bag of firewood and berries we had collected along our way.

"Now, we should get back, it's almost time to set camp again!"

She nodded, resting her head on my shoulder as I started to move out of the clearing and towards our campsite.

It has been a few days since we faced off with the serpent. After a night's rest, we had started back on our journey to the Sandman, the next holder of the stone. The first step of passing the serpent's pass had been succeeded. Now we are to find the Moniki tribe, who are said to know the exact location of the Sandman, being the only trib her ever spoke with.

Hopefully, we may find them soon... I thought as, suddenly, a whimper hit my ear.

"What is that?" I asked as I halted, tensed.

Shadows eyes scanned the area with mine.

Another whimper.

Someone is hurt... I thought as I tried to follow the direction of the noise.

Shadow leaded close as I picked up speed.

There it is again.

"Hurt?" Shadow whispered with sadness.

"I am not sure," I said softly as the sound came once again, but closer.

RIght direction just wh- there! I thought as I came to a halt shifting into the shadows of a tree.

Before me is a scene that took a strike to my anger.

The animal child's tail hung loosely as she is pulled into the air with one arm and shaken by a masked man.

"Just give up the goods you dirt and we will let you go" He sneered as he gave her another violent shake.

His partner dressed in a similar all-black apparel sniggered in agreement as another whimper slipped past the child's lips.

Tensed jaw I slipped shadow from my hip.

"Stay here I said simply, before jumping into action.

Swiftly, elbow out, I jumped into the side of the male sniggering.

"Agh!" He screamed as his friend stepped back in surprise.

Quickly, I snatched her from his grasp as gently as I can before switching into a roundhouse kick, bringing him to the ground.

"Didn't anyone teach you" I said as I held him down with my foot, applying pressure "Not to hurt a child?"

He moaned in agony as he sent me a glare.

"Who the hell are you" He spat as I smirked.

Ignoring him I turned to the child in my arm.

Her ears lay flat against her head as she shook. The blood upon her seems to be generating from a small cut upon her forehead.

Quickly, I slipped out of the charms Mr SPade had made for healed and lay it upon her forehead.

Or at least tried to.

The child grasped at my hand, keeping it from touching her.

"It's alright...," I said softly, smiling "I only want to stop the bleeding"

At first, she did not say anything, starting at the magic band-aid with wide eyes.

But when she spoke, I blinked in shock.

"You can't use that one me!" She said with a tone of shock and... awe?

"And why ever not?"

"That is expensive, too much! Can't repay!" Se cried, pushing my arm away.

"Hey," I said lightly "now, now. There is nothing to repay."

She looked at me in confusion and awe.

"Nothing to repay?"

"Yes," I said sternly, nodding "Why would there be?"

"Why would that be?" She repeated slowly, getting lost in through.

Quickly, taking my change, I applied the bandage to her wound. In an instant, it got t work.

Good, I thought as I took the edge of my sleeve and started wiping away the loose blood.

"D-do-" SHe started to say, snapping out of her thoughts with a look of horror at my actions, but she didn't get to finish as the other male came at us.

Quickly, I slipped the child to the ground and gave the male under my foot a kick away as I moved out the way of the coming attack.

He slipped past me, with a yelp before he hit a tree, face first.

His first stopped rolling and quickly got to his feet. Anger is bursting through his expression as he walked towards me, cursing. His hand lit up with a blue hue.

Magic.

Great... I thought as I ducked out the way of a hit.

Quickly, I pulled out my sword.

The animal child whimpered clinging to my leg.

"Don't worry, I said as I smiled down at her "this shall be over quickly."

~*~

"Really Swift?" Barnes said as he came towards me, leaving Mr Spade with the animal child to do her final check-up.

He expression and tone held a stroke of amusement as he stopped before me, reaching out for my bruised cheek.

"Why must you always find your way into a fight?" he asked as I felt the heat of his magic against my cheek "thank god Shadow had half the sense to come find us"

"I don't find the fights, the fights find me," I said, smirking slightly as the pain in my cheeks faded.

"And since when can you do healing magic?" I added with slight surprise "Didn't you always say it's too difficult?"

"Yes" he replied, nodding as he removed his hand "but apparently all I needed was a teacher"

"And that is where I come in," Mr Spade said as he ruffled Barne's hair.

The animal child rested upon his hip, all cleaned up right now. But the look of awe still decorated her expression as she looked between us.

"I can't believe there's so much raw potential in you that no one saw! You're practically overflowing with it!" Mr Spade said with disbelief as Barns rubbed the back of his neck, sheepishly.

I smiled widely.

"That's what I've been saying but he's always limited himself"

"But I shall not allow that any longer!" Mr Spade replied "that is a crime to all. SO you watch boy, when I am done with you, you shall be the finest magicians in all the lands"

"I wouldn't go that far..." Barnes muttered shuffling embarrassed.

"You're right" Mr Spade added jokingly, with a wink "you'll be just after me!"

I chuckled lightly.

"Now" Mr Spade continued, passing the animal child to me as Shadow shuffled to my side "We should get back to the campsite and figure out our next move as we wait for your sensei to get done dealing with those pesky idiots"

I nodded as I reached down to lift Shadow onto my other hip. The day's exhaustion seems to be catching up with her.

"Yes, we need to find the Moniki tribe and fast, right after we send this child home", Barnes said glancing over to the animal child who perked up abruptly.

"Moniki? Why want Moniki?" She said in similar broken English to Shadows.

"You see we need their help," I said as I started to make our way back. "We are looking for something. Stones to be more specific. And we have been sent here to look for the tribe as they shall have the information as to how we get to the next person with the next stone."

A bright smile bloomed upon her lips.

"Me help! Me get you to Moniki tribe!" 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

420 23 5
"I will find out what you are," Tom spoke emphatically. As he threatened, his voice was sharp and demanding, his eyes locked on Thea. He stepped clos...
5K 110 14
*Book 3 of the Born To Burn Series* ONLY CHAPTER 1-10 ARE OPEN WE ARE OFFICIALLY ON AMAZOM KINDLE! ❀️ PLZ CONTINUE TO SUPPORT ME THERE. I ❀️EACH AND...
290 11 21
Have you ever wished for something? What was it? How badly did you want it? The power of wishes is something truly amazing; to give one what they ne...
17.8K 399 37
This is my first story I'm going to make... And I'm still pretty young to make this... BUT, I still hope you Enjoy <3 (Y/n) is a normal 15 year...