Found Alpha Eyes Book Three (...

Av KatieCow

Bryn and Lane had been through just about everything. They thought they had lost each other and their pup, bu... Mer

Chapter One: Family
Chapter Three: Lose of Control
Chapter Four: A Night to Drink too
Chapter Five: Playing with Humans.

Chapter Two: Date Night

63 4 0
Av KatieCow

Lane held up his promise and stayed in bed with me all day while the boys were with Emily and probably every other women in the pack. I loved having him all to myself. Even though the boys were good we hadn’t had a full day to ourselves though Lane insisted I rest.

                “But Lane I don’t need any more rest,” I said as I slid onto this lap. “I’m restless.”

                He chuckled. “You’re always restless if you’re not fighting.”

                “What about a run?” I jumped out of bed and moved to get dressed. “Come on Lane please. I haven’t ran since…” I thought about the last time I got to have a proper run. “Well I’m not sure that’s how long it’s been. Please.”

                Lane thought it over. “Alright.”

                “Really?” I stopped putting on my pants and jumped back onto the bed. “Thank you.”

                He tucked my hair behind my ear. “Shifting might be good for you. I know how much you love your wolf.” He kissed me and got up to get dressed.

                We stood on the porch and I was trying not to jump up and down. Ever since I was pregnant I couldn’t shift and it drove me mad. I used to wake up every morning and go running for an hour. And after I had the boys I was always with them that I couldn’t go run and after everything that happened Lane didn’t like me being out of his sights and I didn’t exactly want to be. After losing him I nearly broke. I had turned off my emotions and turned my back on the pack to track down the man that took my pup and Lane away from me.

                Rail had gone too far. It was one thing to mess with my pack but what he did hurt so badly. The only reason I slept sound at night was because I knew he was trapped in a pit of wolfsbane. Death was too good for him. Now he would forever be in pain till it either consumed him or he just died.

                “You ready?” Lane asked.

                Smiling I nodded and jumped off the porch and shifted. My bones popped and I felt my body shift. It was as if all my worries washed away and I was running into the woods with Lane behind me. Of course he let me lead, he always did.

                I looked back at him and snorted. He came up to my level and brushed his nose against my ear saying how beautiful I was. I was proud of my wolf. She was pure white, a rare color. Most wolves were a mix of browns and blacks. Lane was all black and to anyone else would scare the crap out of them but he was my mate.

                As we ran I felt my body relax more and the familiar routine made my wolf happy. This was where we were supposed to be, not behind a desk or with people but here in the middle of the woods. But my heart nagged, my boys. As much as I loved the woods I would always put my boys first. It was why it had taken me half a year to run.

                “Can we go back and get them?” I asked after about an hour. “I know we’re not supposed to get them till six but I want my boys back.”

                Lane chuckled. “Yes I would like to get them back too.”

                “Well someone looks refreshed,” Emily said as we came into the house. She had both boys in a play pin in the kitchen while she was as usual cooking.

                “I feel better,” I replied as I picked up Ray. He giggled and waved his little hands up at me. Lane got Brent and I smiled over at them. To think barely a year ago I had just met Lane and had tried to run from him as a mate. He wanted to give me everything I ever wanted but that meant leaving my pack and I couldn’t but I couldn’t fight him too. Now everything was perfect. We had our sons and we had each other. Nothing would ever change that again.

                “Would you mind watching them a bit longer? Lane asked.

                My head jerked up. “What? Why? Lane I want…”

                He kissed my forehead. “I know but I would like to take you out for dinner. We haven’t been out in months. Let’s me take you out.”

                I pouted but like always Lane was able to persuade me and we left the boys again with Emily and Jim. Before I met Lane I wore particle things but being the Luna of the Moonlight pack I had to dress the part so now it was all dresses and skirts.

                “I don’t know what to wear,” I said giving  up and going back into the bedroom where Kylee was waiting.

                She rolled her eyes. “You just don’t know what to wear since this is the first time you’ve been out since the whole Rail thing. Daily you know how to dress but today is the night to wear something sexy.” She jumped up and went into the closet and came back with a dress.

                Raising an eye brow I looked at it. “Really?”

                “Yes really.” She shook her head. “It’s time to get out of the mommy clothes and remember you’re twenty. You’re a young hot mamma and you should go out with your super hot mate and have fun.”

                “I guess you’re right.” I got up and took the dress. It was a short gold dress where the sleeves came down to my elbows but that back was cut low and I knew Lane would love it. I slid on black hose that went just under my dress with lace topping and killer black heels.

                Kylee smiled. “Even after having twins you’re still smoking hot.”

                Lane walked into the room at that point. All he had on was black slacks and was drying his hair with a towel. He stopped went he saw me. I was equally as shocked at his appearance. It didn’t matter how many times I saw him shirtless or more. He was sexy as hell.

                “Umm yeah I think that’s my sign to leave.” Kylee laughed and we both watched her leave.

                Once Kylee was gone Lane turned his attention back to me, his silver eyes darkening. “Lane,” I warned as I took a step back. I knew what that look meant and even though I loved it I was hungry and wanted dinner.

                “You know what happens when you try to run from me babe.” His voice was low and I knew it was only a matter of seconds before he came after me.

                I smirked. If this was the game he wanted to play then I would play too. “So catch me.” I bolted around him and using my wolf strength I jumped over the balcony overlooking the main hall.

                Lane was right behind me and I quickly dashed out the back door and into the woods. Normally we only ran inside the house but I was going to make him work for this one.

                “You’re only making me want you more,” Lane yelled.

                Jumping over a stream landed and turned. He was there, silver eyes rimmed in black. His wolf had control of him and I grinned. Kylee was right. I was young and need to have fun every once in a while and I was having my fun. Teasing Lane was always fun.

                “What do you have going on in that head of yours?” He took a step closer to me and I took a step back.

                “Nothing, I would never plan anything against you.”

                Lane’s eyes narrowed and I felt him entering my mind. I kept everything open to him but my plan. “Baby don’t hide things from me.”

                He was still shirtless and as he backed me against a rock I ran a finger down his chest. “I would never hide anything from you Alpha.” I let the last word roll slowly off my tongue as my finger slid along the v of his hips and he shuttered.

                “Luna you are pushing my limits,” he growled. His hand slid around me and he jerked on my hair. “And you know what happens then.”

                There was a cough. “Alpha…” We both turned to see a never red looking Ethan said.

                Lane growled and turned to him. “What?” he barked.

                Ethan flinched. Lane was a very powerful Alpha and his eyes made people fear him more. He wasn’t in the mood to deal with the pack, all he wanted was his mate and anything that stood in his way was a nuisance.

                “It’s Alpha Shayne, he’s here,” Ethan replied, head bowed down.

                “Son of a bitch.” Lane pulled himself away from me. “That asshole couldn’t have picked a better time.”

                I laughed. “Thank you Ethan. Could you please tell Alpha Shayne we’ll be with him shorty?” I gave him a smile hoping to give him strength. When he was gone I cupped Lane’s face. “You didn’t have to be so hard on him.”

                “But I want you.” His fingers gripped my hips. “And he interrupted.”

                “For good reason. If Shayne is here then he’s here for a reason.” I pulled on his hand to get him to go back to the house. “So calm yourself and lets go see your friend.”

                Shayne was waiting for us in the living room. “Shayne what a surprise,” I said as we entered. Shayne was Alpha of the Surf pack and a close friend to Lane.

                “Bryn, beautiful as always.” He wrapped me up in a hug and even lifted me up. He looked over at Lane. “Where’s your shirt dude?”

                “Don’t ask,” Lane replied in a strained voice.

                Lifting an eye brow Shayne looked between us. “Did I interrupt date night?”

                I smiled. “Of course, your timing is always the best. So what brings you by?” I knew Lane was mad and wasn’t in the talking mood so I would do the talking for him.

                “Well I heard someone had two boys and someone never called to tell me.” He put his hands on his hips.

                “Oh,” I giggled. “Sorry things have been a bit… umm… stressful around here since the whole problem shall we say. We’re still trying to get everything straightened out.”

                He rolled his eyes. “Untestable. So where are they?”

                “With Jim and Emily actually. They were babysitting for date night. I’m sure you and Lane have some things to talk about so I’ll go get them while you talk.” I turned to leave but Lane caught my arm.

                “Don’t think you’re out of the woods yet,” he said.

                “How about you don’t forget I’m not wearing any underwear.”

                Lane’s eyes widened before he growled and I pulled away. “Have fun talking and I’ll be back.” I winked at Lane who was fighting to control his wolf.

                Jim opened the door surprised to see me. “Shayne surprised us,” I explained. “He heard about the boys and with everything that’s been going on we forgot to tell him so he just came down to see them.”

                I went to the boys and for once Brent was awake. Normally he slept so well but he was moving around and I quickly went over to pick him up. Lane usually was the one to calm him but his tiny hands clung to my dress and he crooned happily.

                Kissing the top of his head I moved to lay him in the carrier but he started to squirm the moment I laid him down and I quickly picked him up fearing he would cry and wake Ray.

                “That’s so unlike him,” Emily said as she picked up Ray and put him in the carrier. “I wonder what’s got him all bothered.”

                I shook my head. “I don’t know. Normally only Lane can calm him but he’s clinging onto me. I’ve never seen him act like this.”

                When I arrived back at the house the men were sitting in the kitchen drinking. They looked up as I came in. Ray was in his carrier while Brent was still demanding I hold him. Lane quickly got up and tried to take Brent from me but he started to cry and I quickly took him back. “He’s been like this ever since I got them. To drive I had to put him in the front with me and hold my hand.”

                Shayne got up and looked at Brent while I held him. “I take it someone is the trouble one.”

                “No,” Lane said. “He’s normally perfect. This the first time he’s acted up. Normally he only lets me hold him besides Bryn. Even then he’s perfectly fine not being held.”

                “I’m not complaining. I was starting to worry he didn’t see me as his mother since he prefers you over me.” I lifted him up and rubbed his nose with mine. “But you like Mommy tonight don’t you.”

                “I wish I could be as lucky as you.” Shayne leaned back on the kitchen island. “A beautiful mate and pups. They aren’t kidding when they call her the perfect mate. She’s everything a man could hope for.”

                Lane chuckled. “You’re telling me. Even after everything we’ve been through she’s amazing.”

                “Alright you can stop talking as if I’m not in the room.” I turned to look at them. “Do they really call me the perfect mate?”

                Shayne chuckled. “Yes, you’re beautiful, your wolf is pure white, you gave Lane two packs, which has never happened before, because of you the Old Wolves blessed you two and you gave Lane two heirs at once. Most Lunas aren’t even half of that.”

                “Speaking of Lunas when are you going to find yours?” I moved Brent to my hip. I wanted to change the topic. I knew Lane loved me and saw me as the perfect mate but it was because of people calling me the perfect mate that Rail attacked.

                “When I find her I’ll let you know.” He took Ray form Lane and held him up. “He’s a good look baby. Too bad he won’t be an Alpha or a Beta.”

                “I don’t know about that.” I handed Brent to Lane. “You know how my family bares the birthmark of whoever is supposed to lead and both boys have it.” I moved Ray’s shirt so Shayne could see the crescent moon birthmark. “Ray has it on his left shoulder blade and Brent’s is on his left.”

                Shayne shrugged. “Maybe his mate will be the only daughter of an alpha and take over the pack.”

                “You still have to find a mate,” Lane teased.

                “Stop reminding me.” He shook his head. “I’m trying to find her but who knows when I’ll find her. I know the pack is starting to get worried.”

                Lane clapped him on the shoulder. “Don’t worry, I’ll lead your pack after you’re gone.”

                Shayne rolled his eyes. “I would rather have this little bundle of job leading my pack than you. You’re wolf is big enough and this little pup needs a pack.”

                “Watch yourself,” I teased. “Maybe you’ll have a daughter and they’ll be mates.”

                He laughed. “At least you think I’ll find a mate then.” He turned to Lane. “So when are you going to have a girl?”

                Lane grinned. “Whenever Bryn will let me get her pregnant again.”

                I rolled my eyes. “You already have two sons, give me some time before I give you another pup.” I took Ray from Shayne. “As much as I know you want to see them, it is well past their bedtime. You’ll be able to see them in the morning.”

                Stepping closer Lane kissed Ray’s then Brent head and muttered to them goodnight. He was such a great father that it warmed my heart. Even if the boys had cried at three in the morning I knew he would be the first one up to check up on them.

                Tucking the two boys in I smiled. For now we put them in the same crib, they liked to be together and I prayed it would stay that way growing up. I started to pick up around the room. The walls were a soft blue the furniture was all a deep wood.

                It had been a fun day when we did the nursery. Lane surprised me by staying home from work and we went out shopping. Lane only wanted the best. He had more than enough money and spoiled the boys and me.

                Normally when we had a guest from a different pack they would stay at the pack house but Shayne was so close that he stayed with us. We had more than enough room and so I went to go make sure a room was set up from him.

                I caught a glance of myself in the mirror and laughed. When I was Luna of my old pack I didn’t really care what I looked like, the pack came first so I dressed for comfort and ease but when I got here Kylee forced me into dresses and skirts. The first time we went shopping I barely recognized myself. ‘One year,’ I thought to myself. In one year I got everything a girl could hope for a more. It was funny how life worked out sometimes.

                I sat in my office to give the boys some alone time when Alex knocked on the door. “Hey.” He poked his blond head in. “Got a minute?”

                “Of course.” I smiled as he came to sit down across from me. “What’s up?”

                “Bryn you know I love you as your brother I’m always here for you…” he said hesitantly.

                “For the love of…” I started but bit down on my lip. “What the hell did Lane say to you? He had no business telling you anything!” Anger boiled through my veins. I told him not to tell anyone and he went and told Alex.

                “Lane didn’t tell me anything,” Alex said quickly. “He didn’t have to. You know you’re not the only one in our family to go through something… when I lost my arm you were right there trying to help me and I’m here for you. Lane didn’t come to me, I went to him. I knew something was wrong with you and he wouldn’t tell me. Don’t be mad at him.”

                I glared at him. “Then how do you know?”

                “You’re on edge, ever since you came back you’ve been on edge as if something is about to happen at any moment. Bryn I went Omega and that’s just as bad a Rouge and I know the side effects of going Rouge.”

                “I never went Rouge!”

                “Yes you did!” Alex shook his head. “You turned your back on this pack to revenge Lane. Something I completely understand but you still turned your back. You left the pack to me and if you wouldn’t have found Lane alive you would have never coming back. Now as much as you hate that it’s the truth. You were a Rouge, even if it was only for a week.” He came around the desk to me. “Most Rouges don’t stay sane and I don’t think you’re exactly sane right now.” He cut me off before I could yell at him. “Bryn you’re not crazy or suicidal like most Rouges but you’re not ok. I can see how worried you are and you think you’re losing your mind. And don’t try to tell me I’m wrong because I went through the same thing.”

                “Oh really? You lost your mate and had your pup killed inside of you,” I spat.

                “No but I turned my back on the Grayen pack and nearly lost my mind. You know as wolves we have to stick to a pack and when I left I was haunted by our mother. I knew she didn’t die when I was young so there was a chance she was still alive and it haunted me that she would stay with you and not me. Every night I dreamed of her mocking me for being the child of a rape and hated me for it. She told me she left the pack because she couldn’t stand the sight of me.”

                “How did you stop it?” I was horrified by Alex’s story.

                “You…” He gave me a sad smile. “I knew of you and I prayed that my sister would accept me. But that doesn’t mean there weren’t nights I wasn’t about to turn off my emotions or kill myself. Most Rouges turn off their emotions and that’s what makes them so dangerous. They’ll do anything to get what they want and you turned your off. I remember the cold look in your eyes and I knew you would kill anyone who crossed you and thankfully you were able to turn yours back on but it leaves behind a shadow… and it’s not so easy to fix.”

                I sat down. “But how do I fix it? Alex I dream of Lane dying and I nearly kill myself to save him. I fell asleep in the bath the other day and if Lane wouldn’t have found me I would have ripped out my own throat. I can’t raise my sons like this? I’m afraid every time I close my eyes I’m going to kill one of them on accident.”

                Alex sighed. “I’m not sure. The hope of belonging somewhere got me through but what you went through was much worse than what I went through. Thankfully you have Lane but there is some underlying reason as to why you think Lane can still be killed and in order to fix it we have to find out what it is.”

                I shrugged. “I don’t know.”

                He gave me a small sad smile. “I have faith in you, you are a Dalgos, you can do anything you set your mind to.”

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

4.2K 215 23
Allison is twenty years old and she just lost her parents and her sister and has absolutely no one to turn to. That's when the moon goddess sends SKY...
157 0 16
Athana has been searching for the supernatural all her life. One day she finally found a clue and she ran away hoping for a better life, hoping that...
29.4K 1K 27
All of Angel's life she has been a slave and mistreated. Her life has been filled with sadness and pain. Her mother and father were killed by rouges...
469K 17.2K 54
So Mari is the eldest child, at the age of nine she watches as her mom and dad are slaughtered by the rogues pack, Her pack is small but come from a...