Calm Me Down (girlxgirl)

Oleh beingunknownreader

Theia was the Queen of werewolves. Everyone in the kingdom feared the Queen of the North and everyone knew th... Lebih Banyak

REPUBLISHED: Calm Me Down
chapter one: theia
chapter two: lamia
chapter three: mine
chapter four: eleventh second
chapter five: euphoric
six: eyes
seven: not lonely
eight: lily
nine: winter war
ten: three rules
eleven: cold
twelve: her neck
thirteen: snow fall
fourteen: shell
fifteen: jealousy
seventeen: my kingdom
eighteen: uh oh
nineteen: consequences
twenty: hers were on mine
twenty one: truth
twenty two: lost her
twenty three: hurt
twenty four: mine
twenty five: the end

sixteen: the forest

6.4K 287 11
Oleh beingunknownreader

I woke to noises of footsteps hitting the ground and the crunch of leaves. I opened my eyes alerted and sat up. I looked around the woods hearing the sound again. I whipped my head to where the sound came from and got up. The trees moved behind me and I quickly turned my body to the source and slower approached the tree only to have a small animal jump in my direction casing me to fall on my back. I groaned in pain and glared at the small white rabbit that looked at me. I scoffed and got up, brushing myself.

I looked up at the crescent moon on the sky. I thought about going back but I only walked further into the forest. Finally there was a clearing but only a small area where the tress circled around and the grass were neatly trimmed. Something touched my leg making me jump and yelp only to see the white rabbit again. I shooed it but it only stood at its place. I rolled my eyes and sat down with my back on a tree. I brought my knees near my chest as I counted to look up.

There was a small nudge again and the rabbit sniffed me, groaning I pushed it away, "Don't make me eat you" I warned flashing my eyes to Athena's. This seemed to work as it went hopping away.

The wind howled and the trees rustled, I closed my eyes hearing everything. There was another noise to my right and I guessed it was the rabbit once again so I didn't pay any mind to it. But the noise was louder and it was approaching faster, I looked to my right and stood up. On my left was the rabbit coming back which meant that the noise wasn't from it.

Slowly, a figure presented themselves into the darkness, they approached in my direction. I squinted my eyes hoping to catch a glimpse only to fail.

"Who is it?!" I raised my voice but the figure kept walking in my direction. Slowly, the light from the moon shined on them. I could see familiar honey brown eyes, pale skin and brunette hair. Enough for me to recognise her. I stood in shock as she approached me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked hastily trying to approach her but stopped myself. She looked down and smiled slightly.

"Casie told me you were somewhere in the forest" She whispered delicately, and hearing her voice eased my heart.

I stepped away from her but she only did the opposite as she continued to take a step forward.

"Lamia please you shouldn't be here" I warned shaking my head. My eyes lowered to her arms wrapped in bandage and it only reminded me of earlier.

"I looked for you, you know?" She asked filling the silence in the night. I sighed and bit my lip before looking up at her.

I nodded, "I know" I answered and looked away from her.

"But you didn't come" I could hear her footsteps approaching me. I sighed and directed my eyes at hers, "I didn't".

"Why?" She tilted her head to the side looking at me, she was really close that I failed to utter a word.

I sighed trying to keep my composure, "Because..." I trailed off looking away at her. I groaned out in frustration and took a deep inhale.

"Can you not see that I can't be with you" I reasoned where each word tore my heart, I can feel my throat tighten and the tears threaten to fall. I took a step back again and attempted to walk away before turning back at her figure that shivered in the dark, "Lamia, I will never deserve you" I whispered shutting my eyes.

I heard her footsteps approach me again while I stood still but slightly weakened on my knee. My eyes widened as I felt her arms embraced my figure, her cold hands clutched together on my stomach as she buried her face on my neck.

My chest pounded loudly, I sighed as tears fall down the side of my face. I could hear her sniff as her tears also started to fall.

"Please don't say that" She whispered and my heart was fully torn apart. I slowly turned around watching as she looked up at me. The moonlight was shining on her eyes shading them lighter. Her tears were like crystals falling down and her features glowed as the moon shifted its light on each of her features. I awed at the sight brokenheartedly, bringing my hands on her cheeks and resting our foreheads together.

"It's true" I whispered shutting my eyes wishing for this moment to last. Our heart beat thumped in unison both loud that any minute it felt like our hearts would escape out.

"But you feel it to" She replied, I hesitantly nodded my head and tried to pull away but I couldn't bring myself too.

"Tell me what do you feel?" She asked and I could hear her genuine tone. I opened my eyes the same time she did and once again our eyes met, I lifted my head but stayed close to her.

"That I'm-" I stopped myself as my voice cracked, I caressed her jawline with my right hand as the other unconsciously held hers.

"Please" Her voice was too delicate that I lost it again, she tilted her head slightly.

"It's just-" I sighed frustrated and almost pulled away but she gripped on my hand tighter making me realise that my hand was holding hers.

I didn't know if it was out of frustration of failing to word out my thoughts or the way her honey brown eyes shined too brightly staring into mine and maybe, just maybe it was when my head stopped working and my heart took control that I pulled her into me and connected my lips to hers. I could feel her stiffen in my touch along with her lips, I pushed my lips gently and after a while, she started to reciprocate.

I always though it was impossible, or crazy that I'll ever feel that fireworks again or that feeling in my stomach that I didn't know I craved until this moment.

It was only for a moment that we kissed because she started to struggle out of my grip and push me slightly away. I was taken back and looked at her confused expression mixed with sadness at the thought that I had upset her and messed up. Upon realising her actions, she looked at me and took a step forwards, holding both my cheeks and softly caressed them as out foreheads rest on each other.

"Sorry it's just that I-" I shushed her when I lifted my head and kissed her forehead understandingly.

"Don't apologise" I whispered looking down at her again watching as her eyes were shut as if she had a nightmare in her head.

"Hey" I held her chin and tilted her head up, "I'll protect you, even if it means I lose everything I have" I whisper and knew that I neant every word I spoke.

When reality suddenly dawned on me, I felt frightened. What those words meant. What I was willing to give up for her. What she meant to me.  I wasn't going to let something that I had wanted to do for so long, be ruined by my stupid, careless, selfish thoughts.

"I'm sorry" I uttered looking down at her with a sorrowful look, "It's just that I don't know what I'll do if I lose you too" I finally said heavily sighing. She scrunched her forehead together and looked at me confused.

"Why do you think that?" She asked again with her small voice, I sighed and opened my eyes.

"Because I tend to lose everyone I care about" I whispered swallowing the lump in my throat, "But damn it, no matter how much I stop myself" I paused inching closer again this time I can see her relax in my touch and close her eyes, "You give me millions of reasons to care for you" I closed my eyes wanting to feel everything when my lips connected to her plump ones. I held her close to me as I inhaled sharply breathing in her sweet honey scent. She held both of my arms as she tried to keep stable.

I pulled back after a while, this time smiling at her. She slightly bit her lip as she looked at me and touched them. I released a soft chuckle continuing my caress on her cheeks. Our faces only inches apart still, I continued to stare at her features adoringly.

"You are so beautiful" I expressed watching as she looked down with reddened cheeks but I tilted her head towards me again so that I could stare longer. She only smiled as a response and leaned in again yet I pulled back as I chuckled and kissed her cheeks.

"The way your eyes glow" I brush strands of her hair and caress her cheek, "I like how pink your cheeks get everytime you smile at me" I touch her dimples and sighed, "I admire your kindness" I lean down to place a lingering kiss on her cold forehead and hoped that my warm lips helped ease her cold state. "You're my favourite person"

Our moment was interrupted when the trees next to us shuffled again, Lamia got closer to me as I held her in my arms pulling her so she was behind me. Just I thought there was the white rabbit again looking at both of us with its pair of black eyes. Lamia went around my figure and approached the rabbit crouching down to its level. She held the animal on her hands but it jumped out and ran back into the forest. She turned her head and looked at me mischievously before following it.

"Careful!" I called out her name but she only followed the rabbit and it became harder to see her as it got darker.

"Lamia" I called out her name only to hear. no reply, I blindly kept running on the direction I saw her last, "Lamia!" I called out louder again this time more worried. Suddenly a hand grabbed my right arm and I almost hit the figure. I looked down at Lamia and stopped myself immediately. Lamia pointed at a tree but when I looked closer, there was a large hole acting like a passage door.

"Might be dangerous" I warned pulling her back to the direction of the kingdom, but she tugged at my arms and looked at me in a way that it became harder to say no.

"Please" She pouted slightly making me sighed and hold her hand tightly as we approached the tree.

I kept her behind me when we neared the tree and I looked back at her and saw her curious yet excited face. I shook my head in disbelief before slightly crouching and going in. I didn't expect there to be a pathway and her face was enough to know that she also didn't expect it. We took light quiet steps as we walked in darkness. This time Athena and Lisa we're also aware and allowed us to see in the dark as they were also protective of each other. It felt like forever when finally, there was a light that looked like one that comes from the moon, and water rushing. We slightly rushed and when we got out. There was a breathtaking scene in front us, despite the darkness, I could see the small waterfall that fell down on the mirrored lake. Looking up where the stars were multiplied like there was almost thousands and the moon was larger.

"Woah" Lamia and I both expressed as we looked around, "How come I've never seen this part of the forest" We turned around and let the other explore. I tried remembering if I had seen this place all my life only to fail.

I looked for Lamia only to see her stand near a rock and wave to me, I chuckle and approached her. The rock was big enough to fit both of us, helping Lamia get up and I followed after. We both sat and looked around the place, it was small yet breathtaking.

I felt a hand reach for my own and I looked at Lamia with a smile as I held them on my own. She leaned her head on my shoulder allowing me to place a light kiss. The sound of the waterfall served as the background as we got lost in our gaze.

"Can you..tell me?" She hesitated slightly and I closed my eyes. Athena and I knew that we had kept it inside for long. I watched as she found comfort in Lisa's presence and I smiled.

"Let's see" I watched the waterfall and swung my legs back and forth before taking a deep inhale and looking up as I exhaled.

"Well I had this perfect little life with my mother, father and my brother. Even though they had to groom my brother to become king, they never made me feel like I mattered less" I puffed air as my eyes started to form tears again, I smiled slightly to Lamia and her gaze gave me the comfort I needed to continue, "I was their little princess and we were so happy" I smiled remembering them, I tightened my hold on Lamia's hand knowing that she was carefully listening.

"But that war, that war took everything away from me" I inhaled sharply trying to keep myself calm and somehow Lamia's presence made it easier for me.

"Everyone you cared about?" She asked to which I nodded looking at her consuming brown eyes remembering her.

"I lost my parents and my brother and her-" I stopped myself closing my eyes trying to shake the images out of my head.

"Her?" I could hear her voice slightly crack as she removed her head from my shoulder, much to my dismay. I smiled again at her and looked at her in a way that I could reassure her yet she avoided my gaze.

"There was this girl that also made me feel like the world around me wasn't so bad after all" I paused wondering if I should continue and when her eyes met mine I began again, "Emilia, that was her name. She was...mysterious, spontaneous and always hard to read. I think that's what made her so special. But....I lost her too" My voice cracked at the end and my head lowered.

"In the war?" I nodded my head at her and turned my figure fully in her direction, "That is why I just can't let you fight in this war" I pleaded holding both of her hand yet she shook her head which left me slightly torn, "Please, I have to protect you from all of this" I whispered desperately.

"But who is going to protect you?" She replied watching as my eyes widened and my mouth gape open.

There it was again, that sound that my heart made, it was as if it was trapped inside a cage and wanted to be let out as it pounded harder and harder that I could hear them in my ears follow its rythm. I felt like I wanted to rip it out of my chest and give it to her and I would say here's my heart, please me gentle with it

I wondered if she could hear them pound from the silence. I sighed in defeat and looked down, "I'd rather get myself hurt than to lose the people I care about, again" I admitted yet she still shook her head.

"Let me protect you, Your Majesty" I widened my eyes and looked at her wondering if I heard the person next to me utter them or her. Every similarities between both of them were uncanny yet I knew what I felt with Lamia was more.

"Why?" I questioned looking at her intently, tilting my head to the side.

"Because I care about you too" She answered and somehow those words warmed my heart and calmed my head from all those voices.

"Just..promise me that I won't lose you too" I begged pleading with my eyes as I tightened my hold on her hands.

"I'm going to be stronger" She answered noticing that she avoided the promise, she released my left hand and brought hers to my cheeks for a caress.

"You also make me feel calm when you're near, like I can take on the world if I'm next to you" She uttered yet she looked confused at what she was expressing but she didn't take them back.

"Can you..tell me too?" I asked carefully with my small voice prepared for any response she was going to say yet she still nodded her head and released her hold on me. She sighed as her legs swung back and forth like mine earlier.

"I-i also had parents, we were happy b-but-when I was 14, m-my mom died" She shut her eyes quickly and I reached out like an instinct and laid her head on my shoulder as she counted slightly shaking, "And father blamed me" i scrunched my forehead together but remained silent.

"My mom always said to be careful of the forest but I was always curious so one day, I couldn't take it anymore and I ran and and ran to the trees but" She stopped again hearing her take a sharp inhale, I caressed her hands in comfort as she continued, "But there was this big wolf and my mother, who was ever so brave, kind, loving and stronf, tried to protected me from him" I heard a soft cry and I hummed trying to calm her in any way.

"Father hated me for it and he only found love with money. That is why he gave me to bad people" I looked down at her as I wiped the tears from her eyes and rested my forehead on hers as she counted to cry softly.

"It's okay, you can stop" I said knowing what had happened after that and my anger for her father only causing more flame inside of me.

"But I still feel weak and-" She stopped herself and I shushed her in attempt to comfort her again but she shook her head and closed her eyes, "I can't let others keep protecting me over and over again, I have to fight. I have to be stronger" I pulled back and saw the determination and the rage behind her eyes. Finally, I understood her with everything, and as much as I hated it, I nodded my head at her wanting to support her.

"Ok" I uttered watching as she nodded and rested her head on mine, I knew she was exhausted too and that was when I realised the sun had started rising bringing light into our own little world.

"I have my mother's eyes" She continues as she gazes in the distance, "Her eyes were the only thing that I can remember" I look down at her fingers that were fidgeting and place my hand on top of hers.

"Well now I can see how beautiful she was and how she would've been so proud of how brave, beautiful and kind her daughter is" I say and let her head rest on my shoulder as I caress her hands.

"You really think so?" I nod at her question.

There was a comfortable silence between us as we watched the sunrise. I smiled inhaling the fresh air as birds started to chirp and sing. I felt the a weigh I had been carrying lift off my chest and shoulder like I was a new person again. I hoped that she felt the same and I hoped that I was also the reason why.

"You know, my mother used to tell me that one must always wish for something when the sun shows himself to the world" I said quietly watching as she made a move on my shoulder and hummed in response. I closed my eyes knowing she did the same and made our wish.

I wish that I'll always be the reason the she is calm and happy

Athena and I smiled as we both looked at our mate watching as she made a wish we couldn't know. I directed my gaze towards the full image of the yellow orbs scratching its petals to the world.

For a while, we both remained staring at the scenery in front of us. We watched as the colours of trees became more green and the lake turn light blue. It was a calming silence between us yet when I noticed that she was taking neutral breathes I carefully looked down and saw her eyes closed and mouth slightly gaped open as she peacefully slept in my arms. I watched as her long eyelashes would flutter, I chuckled lightly and smiled afterwards knowing it was time to return back to the castle.

Not wanting to wake her from her peaceful state, I carefully carried her into my arms making our way back to the castle. With a little struggle, we passed through the small pathway but the light helped with seeing what was in front of me and not long after we made our way out of the hole. I stretched my legs in hopes to avoid some sticks on the ground and ducked when I needed to, all the while carefully making sure she was still asleep. I had trouble looking where I was headed until the rabbit appeared before us again.

"Lead the way?" I asked watching as it only ate its food and hopped out, I rolled my eyes and continued moving forward. Finally after a while I managed to see the view of the castle and I slightly rushed. Once the garden was in my view, i sighed relieved and started walking towards its direction. I could see maidens start doing their chores early and royals guards jog for training yet all of them looked in my direction as I held Lamia in my arms. I ignored their curious stares and made my way inside the castle.

Upon our arrival, I could see Casie talking to another maiden worriedly but as she looked in my direction, she was relieved and exhaled holding her heart. She approached out direction hastily.

"Where have you two-" I shushed her showing Lamia who was asleep, she pointed at me and at her to which I nodded my head and her mouth gaped open in realisation. I shooed her away using my head and she stepped to the right with a slight smirk.

Lamia and i made our way to my chambers and gently placed her on my bed. I stretched once my arms were available and made my way around the bad and carefully placing myself on it. I watched as she turned her figure in my direction and I brought my hands to wipe the dried tears from her cheeks, smiling at the sight. I carefully places a gentle kiss on her forehead and held her in my arms.

-----

comment on your thoughts of this chapter :)

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

12.8K 418 29
*****GIRLXGIRL***** Lea feels a connection to wolves. One wolf in particular. The one wolf with grey eyes that could be found in the woods behind her...
895 75 13
Livia is used to being alone, mostly because she'll outlive everyone. She's cursed with immortality and has been on her own for nearly 3000 years, bu...
805 21 32
Everyone has been searching for the one prophesied hundreds of years ago, an alpha with the eyes of a true wolf, who will rise up to become the one t...
48K 2.3K 24
On an island humans have dubbed Purgatory, lives all manner of creatures that go bump in the night. Desirae, the new vampire Queen, must choose a wer...