Myles and Cole

By avalonbwriting

Quiet and anxious, Myles is a bundle of nerves entering his sophomore year of high school after being homesch... More

Author's Note (PLEASE READ)
Chapter 1 | Myles
Chapter 2 | Cole
Chapter 3 | Myles
Chapter 4 | Cole
Chapter 5 | Myles
Chapter 6 | Cole
Chapter 7 | Myles
Chapter 8 | Cole
Chapter 9 | Myles
Chapter 10 | Cole
Chapter 11 | Myles
Chapter 12 | Cole
Chapter 13 | Myles
Chapter 14 | Cole
Chapter 15 | Myles
Chapter 16 | Cole
Chapter 17 | Myles
Chapter 18 | Cole
Chapter 19 | Myles
Chapter 20 | Cole
Chapter 21 | Myles
Chapter 22 | Cole
Chapter 23 | Myles
Chapter 24 | Cole
Chapter 25 | Myles
Chapter 26 | Cole
Chapter 27 | Myles
Chapter 28 | Cole
Chapter 29 | Myles
Chapter 30 | Cole
Chapter 31 | Myles
Chapter 32 | Cole
Chapter 33 | Myles
Chapter 34 | Cole
Chapter 35 | Myles
Chapter 36 | Cole
Chapter 38 | Cole
Chapter 39 | Myles
Chapter 40 | Cole (END)

Chapter 37 | Myles

173K 6.3K 3.2K
By avalonbwriting

After waking up, I spent a few moments getting ready for school in my room before I headed downstairs to get breakfast. My steps faltered, making me pause when I saw my dad sitting in the living room. I accidentally made eye contact with him and quickly looked away.

I haven't spoken properly to him ever since I came out. That was a month ago. Things between my dad and I have been quiet and uncomfortable. Reminiscing on how our relationship was before I came out only brought pain. I missed talking to him and even just feeling comfortable around him.

I glanced down and fidgeted with the hem of my shirt.

"Myles?"

I looked up.

"Come here, sit down," He said.

Hesitantly, I made my way over to the sofa and sat at the other end. I feared that maybe he was still mad at me but nonetheless, I had some hope that things were going to be okay between us.

"I want to talk to you," He sighed. "Lately, I haven't been a good father. Apologising won't do much good, but Myles, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry I've shut you out, I should've been there for you. You know I'll love you no matter what, right?"

My vision started to blur as I struggled not to burst into tears. I don't think I've ever felt this relieved in my life. The main thing a child wants from their parents, is love and acceptance.

I nodded. "Yeah... I know. I love you too, Dad."

He scooted closer so he could wrap his arms around me.

"Thanks, Dad."

"Oh, Myles, don't thank me. You shouldn't have to thank me for accepting you. It should just be a given." His words were making me more emotional than I anticipated but I was definitely happy to hear them.

I hugged him tighter before pulling away.  My attention was diverted upon hear a sniffle that sounded like it came from a short distance away. We both turned around to see my mother crying.

"Oh, don't mind me." She wiped under her eyes.

I returned the smile she gave me and out of the corner of my eye, I could see my dad smiling too.

"As much as I would to spend some time together as a family right now- you have school. Are you almost ready to go?" My Dad asked.

"Kind of. I need to have breakfast. I think I'll be ready in about fifteen minutes." I hurried over to the kitchen.

"I'll take you and Mycah to school today." I heard my dad call out from where he still seated.

The last time I remember my dad driving my brother and me to school was at least a couple of years ago. My parents hadn't needed to drive us since Mycah got his license Safe to say, I was pleasantly surprised when he offered to take us. Maybe this was part of the way he was hoping to make up for things.

The car ride wasn't necessarily comfortable but it wasn't awkward. My dad made small every now and then, although, he never has been a man of many words.

I sat in the front passenger seat, while Mycah sat in the back. I remember always arguing with him about who got "shotgun" when we were younger. I almost expected him to call it out today. He just slipped into the backseat with any drama. He obviously sensed why my dad was taking us to school let me sit in the front.

"How are things with your boy going?" Dad asked.

"Oh, Cole. It's good, we are good. I really like him, Dad." Correction, I love him.

My dad hummed positively in response. It pleased me to know that my dad and I had made up, and also that he was interested in my relationship. I couldn't wait to tell Cole the good news.

I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders as I walked through the school entrance.

Suddenly, someone's hands covered my eyes as I reached my locker.

"Guess who?" A feminine voice said.

I smelled a floral perfume and smiled.

"Is it Taylor Swift?" I responded.

One of the hands that were placed over my eyes moved to whack me upside the head.

I turned around, "Ow, what was that for?"

Jemma laughed, "For being a smart ass."

She hugged me in greeting.

"Now, guess what this time and let's see if you can get it right," she said.

I shrugged, thinking about it.

"Well, I met someone!" She didn't give me enough time to reply. "Actually I already knew him because he goes to our school. But I've only just seen him around. Anyway he came in when I was working last night. Gosh, you should've seen him. He was so hot!"

I raised my eyebrows and smiled. "Uh, okay."

"Hey, don't give me that look. When I asked if I could get him anything he said: only your number." She giggles. "It's a bad pick up line but his gorgeous face made up for it. He has dimples when he smiles, omg! So he gave me his number and we talked all night."

Jemma looked absolutely lovestruck. I was genuinely happy for her.

"So what's his name?"

Before she replied, I zoned out when I spotted Cole walking through the crowded hallways. He was walking up to his friends.

"-cob."

Happily dazed from just sighting Cole, I focused my attention back to Jemma. "Sorry, who?"

"His name is Jacob."

My eyes widened, "Wait, what?"

-

I sat in maths class thinking of ways I could approach Jacob.

I haven't known him long, and I don't know much about him. But everything I do know about him makes me feels uncomfortable.

He has a girlfriend, he's bisexual and naturally a flirty person, he claims he wants to be friends with me, he only just met Jemma and she already has taken more than enough interest in him.

I don't want him to lead her on. This sudden feeling of protectiveness for my best friend made me do something I thought I wouldn't do. I bravely pulled out my phone in class.

Me: It's Myles, we need to talk.

Oh, gosh. I can't believe I texted him.

Did my text sound to harsh? I decided to send him I smiley face emoji as well. I can't believe I did that as well. I shook my head.

My phone buzzed.

Jacob: Ohhh, sure thing x.

I felt my face turn a scarlet colour. He can't just send me "x's" like that.

Me: Meet me at my locker before lunch break.

A hand tapped my shoulder and I jumped. Oh, no.

I turned around. It was just Jackson.

He nodded towards my phone. "I'd put that away if I was you." He then pointed towards the teacher, and sure enough my maths teacher was walking around closer to us.

Not knowing what to do, I sat on my phone.

The bell rang for our lunch break and I sighed.

Here goes nothing.

It didn't take me long to find Jacob. He was standing at my locker with a smug smirk on his face.

But he wasn't the only one by my locker.

Cole was there too, looking as cranky as ever.

"I don't know why you even need to be here. I'm Myles' boyfriend," He said.

Jacob rolled his eyes. "Oh, I know who you are, Hun. But at the end of the day it was your boy who sent me a text asking me to meet him here and not you."

Of course, Jacob was trying to make trouble again.

When I approached the two of them I let out a small cough so that they'd notice me.

Jacob's face brightened up instantly and Cole frowned.

"Why is he here?" Cole asked.

"Uhhh," I fidgeted nervously. "I need to s-speak with him quickly."

I grabbed Jacob's forearm and dragged him to a more private area. I didn't miss the way he smiled at Cole and and twiddled his fingers to wave goodbye.

When we were alone Jacob asked, "So, what are doing here?"

"I wanna know about you and Jemma," I tried to say it as confidently as I could.

"Hmm, Jemma. The pretty blonde girl you are friends with. I met her yesterday."

I nodded, "I know."

"What is it specifically that you want to know?" He asked.

"Well, what your plans with her are. She likes you, and you have a girlfriend."

He chuckled. "Aren't you're adorable, protecting your friend and trying to look intimidating."

I blushed and rolled my eyes.

"Just tell me," I pleaded. "I don't want you to hurt her."

"Relax. Do you really think so low of me? As if I would hurt her. I just met her. Although, I already like her." He paused and sighed. "And as for my girlfriend... things aren't going so well. I plan to break up with her, that's if she doesn't breakup with me first."

Suddenly, I felt dumb for even having this conversation. They met one day ago. Jacob is a nice guy, albeit flirty and slightly promiscuous. Jemma is a big girl she can handle herself.

"When my girlfriend and I are over, I plan on asking Jemma out." He announced.

"Oh, o-okay then."

He laughed and put a hand on my shoulder. "Seriously, relax. She might night even like me and or is willing to go out with me. But if she does, I will take good care of her." He winked.

His phone buzzed and he looked at me and smiled. "That's her. Look it was nice chatting and I can assure you that you don't have to worry your pretty little head."

"Alright," I said, uncertain.

———————————————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 340 12
{COMPLETE BxB} Cole Parker Blane. He's known for being stuck up and short-tempered and an emotional wreck, and if you asked him he'd probably agree w...
7.2M 260K 42
Nathen Dawson is so in love with his girlfriend, Tracy. The two of them are as happy as any couple can be, and there is literally nothing that can ge...
27 0 14
Simon is an avid gamer you name it he plays it, he is out there and talks to anyone playing so why is it so difficult for him to talk to people in re...
117 41 15
"Jake," Seth called out. Nothing. Seth groaned and then walked up behind him and once he got to him he saw that Jake had both his earbuds in. He chu...