Calm Me Down (girlxgirl)

By beingunknownreader

Theia was the Queen of werewolves. Everyone in the kingdom feared the Queen of the North and everyone knew th... More

REPUBLISHED: Calm Me Down
chapter one: theia
chapter two: lamia
chapter three: mine
chapter four: eleventh second
chapter five: euphoric
six: eyes
seven: not lonely
nine: winter war
ten: three rules
eleven: cold
twelve: her neck
thirteen: snow fall
fourteen: shell
fifteen: jealousy
sixteen: the forest
seventeen: my kingdom
eighteen: uh oh
nineteen: consequences
twenty: hers were on mine
twenty one: truth
twenty two: lost her
twenty three: hurt
twenty four: mine
twenty five: the end

eight: lily

10.1K 396 16
By beingunknownreader

next day

Here I stood observing my royal guards, once again, trying harder in my presence. My eyes lingered on a young man around 20 years of age, he was fast and strong. Attacking his opponent mercilessly not long before his opponent hit the ground groaning in annoyance, getting up only to shove him away. I walked towards his direction making my presence known and both young men bowed before me.

"Young man, give me your name" I ordered and only looked him, "It is John, Your Majesty" His eyes directed at the floor, I drew my sword out and pointed at him. His eyes widened and looked at me. "Draw you sword" I ordered him once again and with shaking hands, he pulled out his sword from his waist and pointed them towards me. I rested mine on top of his for it to stop shaking, his eyes avoiding mine "Keep your eyes on me" I thundered.

I nodded towards him and with hesitation he struck first, it was an easy dodge but he was fast to attack on the second swing, I barely managed to block. I stared only at his eyes as he kept attacking my sides, and suddenly I saw him slightly limp on his right foot and gaining an advantage I attacked him making him block it but I quickly kicked his right foot which made him groan in pan and fall back! with my swords pointed at him, "Your attacks are strong, but you have to use that brain of yours to gain an advantage" He nodded as he stood up, "I see potential in you" I uttered and I saw his face relax and he looked more determined that he was earlier. "You just have to unleash it"

"Your Majesty!" Maximus thundered into the training room, his hands frantically waving, he slightly bowed and took heavy breathes in and out, "What is it?" My voice raised higher making everyone flinch including Maximus.

"Section 4 of the North Realm is under attack!" With that the royal guards perked up and awaited my orders yet I looked at Maximus "By who?" Though I had a rough idea.

"Sir Bailey" He faced me with frighted eyes "Along side Joffrey" My eyes widened at his revelation. "Get the royal guards prepared, alert Section 1 and 2. We may need their assistance" The guards followed accordingly and Maximus led me to the weapon room after changing into a battle suit, I chose my golden sword that I haven't yielded for long. In no time, we were outside and I was given my white horse.

"Section 1 Night Walkers and Section 2 Blood Moon Pack has been alerted and on their way to Section 4" I nodded at Maximus band continued to ride towards the battle.

Upon our arrival, I only saw Sir Bailey accompanied by his guards walking around like they had achieved their goal, Maximus stopped me from running over to him and killing him. Women and children were screaming and running as their houses were being burned down to the ground. Guards shouting as men were brutally killed, through a slice on the throat. Children were being ripped away from their parents arm and thrown into a caged vehicle.

"What is the meaning of this?!" I thundered using Athena's voice making the ground shake slightly. Sir Bailey looked into my direction with a cocky grin which made Athena and I more angry.

"The Center have agreed to a joint alliance after you tried killing one of their kind" He laughed loudly as if he had achieved what he wanted, Athena was growling inside and I could feel her coming out. Suddenly, a slow clap came from behind me and I turned towards Joffrey, "Well, Well, look who we have here. If it isn't the Queen of the North Realm" I glared into his eyes yet he mocked me by winking.

We were surrounded by bodies of werewolf guards, some were in their human form and some died in wolf form, some were women and children. Athena looked around with her head down. "You both started this" I uttered feeling more presence of werewolves behind me and I knew Section 1 and 2 were here. We stood in the middle of a large field before letting Athena slowly gain control. Joffrey and Sir Bailey didn't move an inch as Fairies, Vampires and Hybrids started pouring in and walking towards the battle field. We were outnumbered, outgunned.

I looked behind me to find Maximus, with a knowing look. He nodded "For the Queen!" He exclaimed raising his sword, I closed my eyes before letting Athena take control. Their side ran first before ours and all that was heard were the sound of swords clashing together, screams were heard everywhere but it was easy to guess that my side were decreasing, "Your Majesty we have to retreat!" One of Maximus ' men yelled out near me, I shook my head stubbornly before attacking a guy who flew by me. "No!" I yelled out. I faced Maximus to speak "Behind you!" I turned my back and someone received the attack for me, I looked up to see Titus.

"No!" I exclaimed, Titus fell into my arms as everyone above us were yelling hell, I held Titus stopping his wound from bleeding more but with no avail. "Your Majesty-" He choked on his words as blood pour out of his mouth, eyes turning red. "I said it before but I truly meant it when I said- " He flinched, breathing heavily and with all his remaining strength, he uttered "it has been a pleasure" His eyes closed slowly and my head bowed in respect before getting up. That was it. I was raging from inside and out yet Athena managed to be more angry. A loud howl was heard as Athena's form revealed itself to everyone. She attacked from left to right and anyone who came near her. Her eyes focused on Joffrey, she ran towards the grinning man, who easily threw her off.

"You cannot beat me!" Joffrey exclaimed yet Athena only saw red and attacked again, both struggled until Joffrey sliced Athena's legs making her bleed, we panted before attacking again but this time as Athena growled and aimed for Joffrey's neck, he had already placed his sword under her. Stabbing her through the stomach. Athena fell on the ground, her eyes fixated on Joffrey walking away and with all her strength she pushed off the ground and bit long and hard on Joffrey's neck. My ear rang as the sounds of screams faded, not long before my vision blurred.

"Your Majesty!"

——

"Your Majesty" A woman who had beauty that was truly out of this world bowed slightly before looking up at me. Her chocolate eyes shined as did her grin. "I am Emilia, Lady of the South, Your majesty" she brought her hand up for a shake, I took it into my own and without our breaking eye contact I kissed the back of them gently. "Theia, Princess of the North" I tucked a hair behind her ears and she looked down blushing. I smirked as I looked into her eyes "May I have this dance?" She bit her lip lightly before nodding.

"I assume you are of a vampire race" I said as I looked down at her, "Something like that" She whispered into my ear, as she pulled back her eyes brightened once again. I was drawn into her, we danced effortlessly like we had known each other well. But her grip loosened onto me, I watched as she walked away. I scrunched in confusion as her figure slowly started getting smaller, until I found myself in the dark.

"Emilia!" I screamed but she would not turn back, "Emilia!" I screamed again only for my voice to echo back.

"Theia" I small whisper behind me made me turn around only to find us standing in front of the mirror, my hands around her bare stomach as I kissed her shoulder. She held her hair with the other hand while the other rested on top of mine. She stood with her lingerie as she smirked at me at the mirror turning her head enough to rest my lips on hers as we swayed to the radio song that played. I closed my eyes as the feeling I have lost came back.

Only to open my eyes again, I found myself surrounded with nothing but darkness, I stood looking around to no avail, but a drop of water on my face made me look up, they started to multiply until my hair was fully soaked and when I looked up I saw the grey skies I remembered too well. I was wearing my metal armour as I found myself holding my sword. A figure came flying past me, as instinct, I dodged their attack and stabbed them through the heart. I looked around furiously, everyone was screaming and swords were clashing. "Theia!" I scream made me turn my head on my right, then I saw her.

I'm sorry

She mouthed but it all happened so fast, her body fell limped on the ground, I ran into her direction but no matter how much I ran I was stuck in the same place. I watched as someone took her body away, she was limped and enough for me to know she had died.

"No!" I screamed running after them. I was pulled back by Maximus, "You're the only left!" He screamed through the rain, "We have to bring you back" I slurred my "No" looking around the bodies everywhere. Two in particular stood out, "Mother, Father!" I ran towards their body but failed to see a Hybrid fly past me but once again, instead of getting stabbed, my brother stood in front of me. "Brother!" He fell back onto my arms, tears continued to fall like the rain. His eyes slowly closed as he raised his hand to touch my face only to limp midway. "No!" I cried out holding his head.

"I'm sorry Your Majesty but we have to go now!" Maximus forcefully pulled me back and pushed me inside the carriage. A lady was already waiting to wrap me in a blanket, all the while I stared in daze, I felt so numb. I had lost so much that day.

I came home as Queen of the North, yet no one i loved awaited in the castle for me.

----

Lamia POV

I stood in front of the flowers as I carefully watered them, making sure that I wouldn't miss one. Casie stood beside me as we did our duty silently. after the long silence, I heard her hum next to me, "If you were going to live as a flower in your next life what would you be?" She asked. I looked at her funnily before chuckling and shaking my head slightly. "Serious" She faced my direction so I had to go around her figure to continue.

"I'll most likely be a sunflower see?" She pointed at the sunflowers near us that directed themselves towards the sun, "Why?" I asked but was only paying her half attention. "Dunno maybe because they mean happiness to others and that's what I think about myself" I stared at her with the grin she always wore. I nodded my head "I agree" Her smile widened though I only reciprocated a slight one.

"Ok something's wrong, what is it?" She asked again, I groaned internally not feeling up to anything today, "I don't know Casie, I've been having a bad feeling the whole day" I shrugged at her looking at her with a scrunched forehead. I shook my head hoping to shake off the bad feeling only to fail. "Right, you don't have to hide that I'm annoying you know I get it a lot" She sighed before silently watering the plants again. I sighed feeling worse about how I acted.

"I would be a Lily" I voiced out catching her attention, she smiled at me and asked me that same thing I asked her, I hummed thinking "I don't know, lilies are pretty I guess and we have a lot in this garden" I looked around the range of different coloured Lilly, there were white ones, pink and yellow. "Sure but they only started blooming recently" She replied, "Must be the season" I answered back before walking towards a single lily and gently pouring on to it, "Must be" I heard Casie mutter.

Suddenly a sharp pain in my head made me drop the watering can, Casie failed to notice and i gripped my head and she turned once I slightly released a yelp. "Lamia!" She exclaimed positioning herself beside me, "Hold on" She picked my figure up without a struggle before running into the castle. "Where is Queen Theia?" Casie frantically asked a servant while they shrugged in response. I felt a sharp pain in my stomach making me yell slightly "Casie" I whimpered, she held me close before running into the direction of our new chamber. She placed me on the bed before grabbing a towel to wipe the sweat forming on my body. There was a servant that passed by and Casie called out to her, "The servants are saying that the Queen left due to a serious problem at section 4"

It was getting harder and harder to breathe as I felt my body slowly killing itself inside, "Cas-" I screamed in pain as the pain increased, Casie held my hand her face held confusion and anger, "What is happening in section 4?" I heard her say under her breathe. She couldn't do much more than stroke my hand. I panted heavily before turning my body to look outside. Casie noticed and she rushed on the window, "The Queen!" I only heard the sounds of horses and screams outside the castle. "Hang in there Lamia, I'll get some help" I heard the sound of her feet rushing out. I felt heavy weight on my chest.

"Your Majesty, we have to get you treated now!" I looked up feeling a little bit well seeing the Queen stand outside the door, her hands holding her stomach that bled more and more. For a brief second, I forgot my pain and walked towards her stumbling, she did too like she was going to faint soon. Before I knew it, she fell into my arms but I was too weak to stand on my own. Both of our body fell on the ground as my vision started to be consumed by darkness. "Quick bring them to Dr. Collins"

.

I groaned to find myself in a dark room, I allowed my eyes to adjust in the darkness and saw a figure who I assumed was Casie resting on the chair near my bed. I sat up and made a creaking noise startling her awake. She stood up and cleared her throat before standing in front of me. I turned to my side reaching forward and turning on the lamp. I turned back towards only to meet the Queen instead of Casie. I was startled and went on my feet, only to groan and hold my stomach. "Careful!" She scolded though it seemed as though it was by accident that she uttered the words. Both our eyes widened before avoiding eye contact, "Your Majesty" I attempted to bow in respect but she pushed me forward preventing me from bowing.

"Don't" She said as she avoided my gaze and placed me gently on the bed.

"You should never bow to me again" She continued and helped me lay back down and est my head on the pillow. Suddenly, I had a flash of what had happened and I felt worried about her that I took her hand into my own and my other was on her bruise. She winced in pain "I'm sorry" I whispered before retracting my hands but she only gripped it tighter. "I can leave if you want to rest" I frowned at her words and shook my head, wanting her to stay.

I caught a glimpse of her small smile as I assured her. The Queen sighed and sat on the bed, her hands still gripping my arm, "How are you feeling?" She whispered and I saw her looking into my eyes. I wondered why she asked me that question when she was visibly in worse condition than me and I barely had a scrape on my body.

"I feel well, how ab-" She cut me off "I was very worried about you" She said as she leaned down and pecked my cheek. My eyes widen and my mouth gape open as my cheeks flushed. She smiles at me and slowly lay next to me, as she put my head on top of her shoulders and her arms wrap around me.

"I'm going to say something that you might not want to hear so tell me to stop if you can't take it anymore" She whispers as she brushed my hair, her touches were calming me down but her words taunted me.

I let the silence linger and she took it as a sign to continue, "We might go into a war soon because I let my ego get the best of me and refused to join alliance with the South and now they have joined alliances with the Center to overthrow the North and the West, make us their slaves and force us into labour. But we will not go down without a fight-" She stops herself because it sounded as if she was only saying things out loud and she was trying to process what happened. I look up at her but she continues to stare at the ceiling. I admire her sharp features and watch her mouth move once again.

"The reason i'm telling you this is because" She hesitates "Joffrey escaped from prison and he's a hybrid, that's why the Center is not impressed with us, we took their kind and made him a prisoner and Joffrey is the one that-" I don't let her finish as my memories came flooding back and knocking down every wall that I built to block them out. Of course I knew who he was.

I sit up and try to catch my breathe but I was choking and gasping for air, I scratch Theia as I beg for help but my eyes widen when I saw her figure slowly morphe into Joffrey and I could see him smiling at me in a taunting way. Joffrey held both of my arms and laughed continuously and I screamed.

"Leave me alone!" I beg as I finally find my voice, I was drenched in sweat as I push the figure in front of me but they wouldn't let me go. Suddenly I was pulled into their arms.

"Shhhh" My heavy breathing was slowing down as her voice sounded familiar, her heart beat frantically as mine was slowing down, i began feeling exhausted and rested my head on her shoulder. I close my eyes and felt a wave of calmness engulf me. I blink repeatedly and focus on her voice.

"It's just me, it's me, i'm not going to hurt you" She whispers and I pull back to see her face, I had imagined him.

"It's really you" I hold her cheek and make sure it was her and I notice her cheeks drenched but not from sweat, I look into her eyes that were filled with tears that fell like waterfall.

"I'm so sorry" She says as she grips her heart and rest her forehead on my shoulder, she continues to apologise.

"I should've looked for you sooner" Now there were tears in my eyes and I stop her from pounding on her chest, "We still found each other" I answer her.

"I shouldn't have let him escape" I close my eyes and hold her hand, "I hate myself" She continues to apologise.

"Will you ever forgive m-" This time, I cut her off with a kiss. I wasn't really sure what drove me to kiss her, perhaps curiosity got the best of me or perhaps it was because no one had every calmed me down the way that she had. Her lips were warm and soft. The kiss was brief.

We stared into each others eyes, "I forgive you so please stop blaming yourself" I let her know and give a brief smile as I lean my forehead on hers. She nods quietly.

We both lay in silence, every now and then, her grip would tighten on me and I knew she still had an internal battle going in her head. Yet her touch were calming and soon, I fell asleep in her arms.

---

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.8K 2.5K 37
Nyah was a bitch. She was overly sarcastic, ruthless, careless, heartless...evil. She doesn't care about no one, but..oh did I mention she was basica...
4.3K 211 18
Have you ever been in love? Have you ever felt a longing to be with someone ? Do you like Vampire/Werewolf novels? Well maybe you would enjoy this l...
878 75 13
Livia is used to being alone, mostly because she'll outlive everyone. She's cursed with immortality and has been on her own for nearly 3000 years, bu...
465 5 26
Werewolves are mythical creatures, right? Wrong, they are real. I am real. The 1 billion of my brethren are real. More powerful through all those ye...