Calm Me Down (girlxgirl)

By beingunknownreader

Theia was the Queen of werewolves. Everyone in the kingdom feared the Queen of the North and everyone knew th... More

REPUBLISHED: Calm Me Down
chapter one: theia
chapter two: lamia
chapter three: mine
chapter four: eleventh second
chapter five: euphoric
six: eyes
eight: lily
nine: winter war
ten: three rules
eleven: cold
twelve: her neck
thirteen: snow fall
fourteen: shell
fifteen: jealousy
sixteen: the forest
seventeen: my kingdom
eighteen: uh oh
nineteen: consequences
twenty: hers were on mine
twenty one: truth
twenty two: lost her
twenty three: hurt
twenty four: mine
twenty five: the end

seven: not lonely

11.1K 464 18
By beingunknownreader

Lamia POV

I was confused, when she pulled me into her but somehow I felt safer and a little calmer. Her hands that were slightly larger than mine rested behind my neck, they got tighter and then looser before she pulled back. I do not get her at all, I looked into her bright blue ocean eyes and voiced at my thought, "Are you a bad person?" She breathed out a soft chuckle before biting her lip.

"I don't know" She brushed my hair keeping her other arm around my waist all the while, mine were tucked at my side. "What do you think?" She whispered intently.

"They say that you are" Her eyes twitched slightly but she looked down and loosened her grip on me, i had to keep my balance to stand upright. She cleared her throat and rested her hands at her back, I tilted my head to the side and frowned at her, "But I think you are not" I answered bringing my hand on her chest feeling her heart pound. "This is good" bringing my hand onto her head "This is bad" I retracted my hand and shook my head "and i'm confused about it" I uttered scratching my head.

Slowly she leaned in and smiled slightly at me with those eyes, "What are you confused about?" bending down to my height. I was not aware that my hand was going to rest on her cheek, but when I did, she froze and I could see her tense and her hand shook for awhile but she stretched them and balled them into a fast. I brushed her cheek because after 10 years I felt like the world isn't against me, that my life wasn't as bad as it was. it felt like it was just her and i.

Her and i against whatever the world had on us.

But I pulled back because I knew she wasn't going to last as well. They never do, one day she's going to wake up, forget about me and give me away too. They always do.

Though, she stepped forward every time I took one back, she brought her hands to reach mine but I pulled them back and turned around, my back facing hers. "I do not like confusing" I uttered under my breather unsure if she had heard. But I could her heart pounding faster and faster but I did not want to stay for long. With a fall of a tear I ran further into the forest without looking back.

What is this feeling? it made me feel weak to my knees, I stopped at a cliff and fell on my knees. I scrunched in confusion and laid on my back.

Mate

Lisa uttered knowing what had happened but she had always preferred to keep hidden. I did not have a clue what a Mate was, sure I heard stories but I cannot accept one for me, I cannot let myself believe that what I'm feeling is meant for me.

"I see it now" A voice behind me startled me, I sat up and looked back only to see Casie walking towards me. "I don't know if the others saw it, but I did" She just made me more confused that I wanted and I hate confusing.

"What did you see?" I asked as she sat down next to me, "The bond between you and the Queen?" She looked at me dumfounded "I thought you would have already known" She added and I only shook my head.

"Casie?" I called out to her, "What's a mate?" I asked which only made her look at me sympathetically "Don't look at me like that please?" I pleaded my face showing desperation. she nodded and looked away.

"A mate?" She questioned, "Well they are your other half, soulmates, the one you share a special bond with" She looked at me only to see my confused face, tilted yet interested, "Let's see, well it's the one person in the world who'll know you better than anyone else" I shook my head and looked down. I have realised that I will never really understand what a mate is. "You see, the goddess thought that a wolf by herself was lonely, so she created mates to make sure that we are not so lonely anymore." I looked at her thankful that she made it a little less confusing, "Thank you, but where is yours?" She sighed loudly before falling on her back, resting her head on both her hands, "I don't know, she could be anywhere" She answered as she looked at me, I fell next to her.

"But I'm still lonely" I uttered looking at the sky, "No you were lonely" Casie turned my way with her elbow supporting her head, "If you felt safer, and calmer near her. Then you're not lonely" In some way, it answered what I felt earlier. I closed my eyes and rested beside her.

Unaware of the pair of blue eyes watching her from afar.

Theia POV

"She's scared of me" Casie startled stood on her feet hastily, her eyes widened upon seeing me and bowed, I shushed her as she was about to greet me seeing as she stood near Lamia's sleeping figure. I stood beside Casie but as time passed the fast beating of her chest slowed down to a calmer one.

After a while of silence. She replied, "Lamia can never be scared of you, Your Majesty. After all, you're soulmates" I looked at Casie which made her divert her eyes downwards. I shook my head slightly, "How about you, do you think I'm a bad person?" Casie looked take back by my question, she stumbled on her words slightly, I chuckled which made stop and look down.

"If my opinions are valid, I would say that you are not" I directed my body towards her accidentally scaring her "I m-mean I-" I cut her off with my hand, "Continue" I told her, she scratched her neck nervously, "Am I scared of you? Yes Is there possibility you're going to kill me? Yes But do I have a friend that is your mate? Yes, so I'm not worried Your Majesty" She uttered respectfully, I nodded my head towards her before turning my back to her.

"I apologise for letting you know in the most awfully mean way possible" I questioned which made her slightly chuckle, "I forgive you, besides I already knew there was something there. I know that look all too well" She answered and puffed. I slightly smiled but didn't show her, "And besides, if it was any of the servant you would have had them killed then" I agreed with her this time.

"Take care of her for me" I looked down and took a deep breathe and as I was about to tell her of my rejection towards my mate, she had already beat me to it, "Don't" A one word that she uttered, hearing her voice break made me face her, I could see that tears forming in her eyes, "You can kill me after this but you have no idea of the pain you will cause her" Her eyes turned dark slightly before retuning back to normal, "She had already gone through enough pain, and now you're giving her more, why Your Majesty?"

I felt disrespected yet understood her view but it didn't stop me from gripping her neck and smashing her against a tree, she struggled to get out of my grasp as her legs wiggled, "Som-e d-day-" She choked out, I loosed my grip on her which allowed her to push me away and before I attacked she held her neck and stood up "Someday" She heaved, "Someone is going to sweep her off her feet, tell her they love her, take good care of her, make her feel calm and that-" She took a deep breathe "won't be you" Athena's eyes replaced my own.

Casie closed her eyes and turned away, preparing herself for the worse, "It won't be you if you reject her" She fell down on her knees and took fast breathes, I could her her chest pound faster. Athena walked towards her direction and crouched down going on her knees as well, "Then what should I do?" Athena questioned resting her forehead onto Casie's.

"Don't" Casie stated, "Trust me, I know the pain and a girl like Lamia does not deserve that, I haven't known her for long but she had already made me want to be there by her side. If you reject her, you wouldn't know the feeling, becuase sometimes the emotions you feel are good" Athena sighed and let me take control.

I faced Casie before bringing my hands on her neck to observe the marks, stroking the redness. "Go to the pack doctor and get yourself treated" Casie looked into my eyes and nodded, "And Lamia?" She questioned. "Don't worry" I smiled slightly, "Look at me" I ordered, Casie looked into my eyes and I could see her pain, she too was scarred. "Thank you" I stoked her cheek and helped her get up.

I felt Casie's presence disappearing and walked towards the sleeping figure, bending down and slowly brought her up to carry her back. All the while, I was looking at her so peaceful. We made our way back to the castle ignoring the stares of the servants and only gave them piercing glare which made them divert their eyes and look down. I came across Maximus who hastily tried to help but I dismissed him and counted to walk towards the chambers, not of the servants one. I neared my chamber and just before that was another chamber, I ordered a servant to open it before entering the room and gently laying Lamia, careful as I didn't want to wake her.

I thought about leaving but something about now that made me stay, the longer I look at the the more I notice like the way she would scrunch her nose every now and then, or when she wouldn't breathe for awhile so she makes a cute noise. I bit my lip and my shaky hands rested on her cheek, stroking with my thumbs. "I don't want to hurt you, and if that means hurting me instead then maybe I'm willing to take it" I whispered before kissing her forehead.

.

"Theia stop!" Her voice rang in my head followed by a chuckle, she was stopping me from tickling her sides but I enjoyed the sound of her laughter too much. "Oh yea make me" I smirked before her face turned serious and quickly flipping us. She hummed devilishly "Are you sure?" She whispered and I nodded teasingly, she then attacked my sides and in no time I was catching my breathe as I had laughed too much. She was in my arms as I stroked her hair, "We're mates right?" I asked in the dark, I looked down at her seeing her eyes glisten with the moonlight.

"Of course, why wouldn't we be?" She held my cheek ands worked it, "Have you felt like this with anyone, an attraction like bond?" She asked to which I shook my head and held her hand into mine, "Exactly" She turned my head towards hers making me look at her, "You love me" Her eyes twinkled and flashed into a yellow like colour but it must have been the light outside. "And I love you" I smiled lovingly at her, making me feel in love more than I already am.

.

"Your Majesty?" A voice startled me back into reality, I looked up to find Casie standing on the doorway. She bowed to which I nodded at her, "I asked around and the servant told me to find you here" I looked at her neck which seemed to be untreated, "Did Dr. Collin check up on you?" I asked sternly "Yes, he said I'm good to go, the marks will disappear soon enoguh" She nodded her head assuring me, I stood up from the bed and made my way to leave, "You can stay if you want, I can go somewhere" She said.

I was still in dazed from my memories of Emilia only to look at her but I shook my head "No it's alright, you stay here with her" I looked back at Lamia once again feeling my chest tuck but I forced myself to leave. When I walked away I suddenly remembered to inform her so I walked back and knocked, opening the doors to find Casie sitting herself beside her friend, "Before I forget, You and Lamia will now stay in this chamber, if It is too small, you can stay on the vacant chamber next door" Casie looked at me in confusing and unnconciously nodding her head.

"Yes, Your Majesty"

And with that I walked away and proceeded to be at a meeting today.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

884K 42.9K 89
Amethyst Scott is a broken and lonely girl. She has a mental disorder called Dissociative Identity Disorder. She's been living her life with nothing...
219K 9.1K 31
The war was horrible. Disgusting. My kind wiping out all humans from the face of the earth. We were known as monsters. Werewolves. Unnatural. A freak...
30.9K 1.8K 60
In a world of those who have human and wolf blood, Ophelia is the daughter of a wolf hunter. There's just one thing that might cause trouble for that...
89 0 9
Some things are meant to be kept hidden and some people should never have got together. Talia knew it was dangerous to love him but she couldn't help...