DUSK TILL DAWN ~> JUGHEAD JON...

By RowanMorgenstern

"We never really see the beauty in things, until we take a really good look at them." (Riverdale fanfiction)... More

A/N
~
~Chapter 1~
~Chapter 2~
~Chapter 3~
~Chapter 4~
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
A few Moodboards
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Book 2 is up!

Chapter 25

11.1K 218 26
By RowanMorgenstern

I WAS running as I heard the footsteps approaching me. "Juliet!" The voice called, sending a shiver down my spine, I ran into a room slamming the door behind me, turning the lock.

I turned around and gasped, pictures of Jason surrounded me, a single coffin placed in the center of the room. "Open it." The voice whispered again.

I slowly walked towards is, lifting the lid to find nothing but bloody scratch marks upon the inside of the lid.

"Juliet!" The voice whispered into my ear. Turning around a zombie like Jason Blossom was standing before me, reaching out and wrapped his hands around my neck.

I woke up gasping, the horrific dream still embedded into my mind, looking around I noticed I was laying on someone's bed, the sound of someone hitting something made me furrow my brows.

I sat up and saw Archie hitting the punching bag, i groaned and fell back down against the pillow, I remember getting back from the drive and being to scared to go back home and luckily Archie was still awake, we talked for hours and ended up falling asleep.

"Hey, Rocky, Juliet." Fred greeted as he walked into the room.

"Hey." Archie responded. I sat up and pulled my leather jacket from my body  and chucked it onto the floor before falling back down once again, Fred laughed while he watched me.

"You know, I never thought I'd say that I miss you playing guitar but-" Fred said before Archie cut him off.

"Sorry dad, just trying to get back into fighting shape for the field." Archie said punching the bag again.

I stood up while groaning. "Imma make some coffee! Is that okay?" I spoke up,   grabbing my jacket from the floor.

"Yeah, it's fine, Juliet." Fred said as I ran out the door and towards the kitchen, I didn't really want coffee I just needed to let them talk alone.
.
.
.
.
.
"Any leads on who did that? Or what they were looking for?" I heard Jughead question while I walked into the Blue and Gold news paper room, I wasn't wearing my Southside Serpent jacket since I didn't need to be questioned about it, instead it was shoved into the backseat of my car.

"Nope." Kevin exclaimed. "No fingerprints."

"Juliet!" Betty exclaimed as she walked over and hugged me. "You didn't come home last night, I had questions to ask you!"

"That why I didn't Betty." I sighed. "What are we talking about?" I questioned, walking over to Jughead and gave him a hug and a quick kiss.

"This." Kevin said pointing at the board full of pictures of people on it. "It's how my dad's murder board looked like before it was trashed." 

I nodded my head before Kevin continued the conversation he was having before. "But they stole a bunch of files, background checks, and all the video and audiotapes of police interviews."

The door opened again as Trev walked into the room, Jughead wrapped his arm around my waist as he held a pen in his other hand. "Hey, Betty." Trev greeted.

Betty smiled and stood up. "Trev, hi!"

"Sorry to interrupt." Trev pointed towards the board.

"Oh-no! Uh, it's okay." Betty smiled. "We're just, uh, working on-"

"Our murder board." Jughead finished for her, smirking a little.

Trev looked lost for words, i looked at Jughead and kissed his cheek, giggling as he smiled widely, I knew he loved it when I gave him little kisses on his cheek or head.

"Well, I just wanted to make sure we're still on for tomorrow?" Trev asked.

"Absolutely, it's a date." Betty spoke smiling, Kevin raised his eyebrow as Jughead and I smiled at each other, I leaned over and kissed his nose, making him chuckle.

"I'm mean, I'll....I'll see you there, bye." Betty said blushing as she leaned next to me on the desk.

"Bye." Trev replied walking out the door. "Going on a date with Trev, does mama Cooper know about that?" Kevin asked.

"Yeah, Betty, does mom know?" I asked, smiling as I felt Jughead kiss my cheek. "Kev, I'm not on house arrest." Betty said as Kevin gave her a 'Are you Serious' look.

"Okay, she's out of town at a woman in journalism spa retreat." Betty confessed, I smiled widely, yea! She's not home.

"Anyway. It's not a date, date." Betty said.

"You just said it was a date?" I spoke up.

"You literally said 'it's a date'" Jughead backed me up on what I just said.

"That's just my cover, really, it's an intelligence gathering mission."Betty exclaimed. "We should focus on the one thing we have access to that your dad doesn't." She looked at Kevin.

"The kids at Riverdale High!" I spoke up "Exactly!" Betty said smiling. "You know maybe Trev knows something about Jason he didn't think was important."

Jughead looked at me reaching up touching my cheek. "I'm so lucky to have you." He whispered smiling.

"I need to tell you something." I said, he frowned but nodded. Kevin mouthed 'good luck' to me, as he and Betty walked out.

"Um, I'm Just going to say it, I'm a Southside Serpent, my real parents were apart of them and so was I, until my mother gave me away at the age of 10 because I could stand up for myself. Yesterday before the drive-in, I went back and spoke to my old friends and  my real mom." I paused letting him soak in the information, i watched as his expression changed throughout me talking.

"I'm not a normal girl, juggy, I understand if you don't want to date me anymore, I can't change who I am–" I got cut off as a pair of warm lips touched mine.

I gasped at first and didn't respond, but after a few seconds i melted into the kiss and pressed my hand against his cheek.

"I will always love you, Southside Serpent or not." He spoke as he rested his forehead on mine.

"As will I." I smiled.
.
.
.
Jughead and I held hands as we walked along the bleachers with the rest of our friends.

"Betty you're positively radiating Nicholas Sparks. Tell me everything about this Trev." Veronica questioned.

"Oh there is nothing to tell." Kevin said. "Just one of Betty's sources, there's nothing romantic in the offering."

We all sat down near to Archie who looked up at us. "Why is everything weird here? Why can't a date just be a date?" Veronica asked. "What about you Archie? How's life in a PG world?"

We all looked at her in confusion. "PG? Post Grundy." I giggled a little but hid it as I placed my head in the Crook of Jughead's neck, the dizzy feeling coming back as I remembered that I didn't take my medication because I stayed over at Archie's. "What? Too soon?"

"Couch Clayton says I have a shot at being varsity captain, so, I'm not thinking about anything else right now." Archie said.

"And You're back to being boring." Veronica said, eating a fry.

"Are you okay?" Jughead whispered to me, I shook my head. "I forgot to take my medication to stop the dizziness and headaches." I told him, he nodded and wrapped his arms around me, kissing my head.

"Are you, maybe, throwing yourself into football as a way to avoid your feelings?" Betty asked Archie.

"I'm not avoiding anything, Betty, I'm trying to get my life back on track."

"I can help with that." Valerie spoke as she sat down next to Archie. "I know Ms. Grundy was tutoring you."

"Understatement Of the year." Veronica said eating another fry, I reached over and stole one of jughead's fries and placed it into my mouth.
Veronica and Betty chuckled at each other.

But there's this amazing songwriter from New York, who's an adjunct at Carson Collage?" Valerie smiled. "Incredible mentor, he does some coaching on the side and I told him about you, you wanna meet him?"

I could see that Archie was happy as a smile appeared on his face. "Yeah, Yeah..I'd love to, but football.."

"No, Archie can!" Betty said hitting Archie's shoulder playfully. "And he will."

Valerie placed a piece of paper into Archie's jacket pocket. "Call him if you want, but do it soon, his spots fill up fast."

"Thank you, Val." Archie smiled as Valerie stood up and walked away.

"Now you have zero excuses for avoiding music." I said smiling.

"Sorry to interrupt this sad breakfast club, but I'm here to formally invite you to Jason's memorial at Thornhill this weekend, of course, Juliet, you are already invited and don't need a invitation because you'll be coming early to help me get ready." She said handing all my friends a black card. "To my surprise and chagrin, mother added you to the guest- list."Cheryl spoke looking at Veronica. "In case you're tempted to steal our silver candleSticks, don't. We'll be searching bags." She said before walking away.

"Hey try to remember, she is burying her brother, and Juliet's best friend." Betty said to Veronica.

Authors Note,

It's probably too long!!! Sorry but I got caught up writing, so do you prefer long or short chapters?

~Robyn

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.1K 600 26
Hey guys so a i did this story about Archie Andrwes. I don't follow Riverdale line, i just used some things about the show and did my own storry line...
103K 1.3K 34
Different scenarios featuring the characters from Riverdale / The Archie Comics Disclaimer: I do not own Riverdale or any of the related comics e.t...
52.7K 987 24
This is what I imagine what will happen after Jughead and Veronica find out about the Barchie kiss. Sneak Peak: 'Veronica can we talk, not for my sa...
2.6K 113 18
ALSO ON ARCHIVE OF OUR OWN Originally Published: June 05, 2018 Ended: March 13th, 2023 3RD PLACE IN THE RECOGNITION AWARDS!! Hit 1K reads on 1/10/2...