Swift and the Sword - Inktobe...

By StoryTeller_IRT

Complete!!! When an old power rises again, what can Swift do to protect her town? Can she rise to be the... More

Chapter 1: Swift
Chapter 2: Divided
SatS - Chapter 3: Poison
SatS-Chapter 4: Underwater
SatS - Chapter 5: Long
SatS - Chapter 6: Sword
SatS - Chapter 7: Shy
SatS - Chapter 8: Crooked
SatS - Chapter 9: Screech
SatS - Chapter 10: Gigantic
SatS - Chapter 12: Shattered
SatS - Chapter 13: Teeming
SatS - Chapter 14: Fierce
SatS - Chapter 15: Mysterious
Chapter 16: Fat
Chapter 17: Graceful
Chapter 18: Filthy
Chapter 19 - Clouds
Chapter 20: Deep
Chapter 21: Furious
Chapter 22: Trail
Chapter 23: Juicy
Chapter 24: Blind
Chapter 25: Ship
Chapter 26: Squeak
Chapter 27: Climb
Chapter 28: Fall
Chapter 29: United
Epilogue - Found
The Heros Mark

SatS - Chapter 11: Run

9 0 0
By StoryTeller_IRT

Thump. Thump. Thump. My heart went.

"Well well well, what do we have here" a voice erupted from the serpent's mouth.

Thump. Thump. Thump. Over and over again as shock froze me.

"Swift... run!" He called as a grimace passed through his face.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

He's hurt... He's in pain....

Thump. Thump. Thump

"I -I~" I stuttered, watching as the grasp tightened on him, leaving him with difficulty to breath.

"Swift!" Barnes said through his tightening vocal cords.

Thump. Thump. Thump

"Run!" he repeated, pleadingly this time "Please!"

No. No. No!

He released a moan of agony as the serpents grip tightened upon him.

"How very s-s-stupid" it hissed, as it looked between my frozen form and Barnes "thinking you can run from me"

"Swift! Go!" Barnes gasped as he head lolled back. The crunch of bones filled the air.

Thump. Thump. Thump

Shadow pulled at my arms as she shouted, repetitively "Help! Help! Help!"

Right, help... I thought, slowly, as the dread inside that consumed me is pushed aside by something else. Adrenaline.

I need to help him!

Without another thought I moved, jumping off the ground into action. Sword drawn, I slashed at the hard, red and black scales of the snake, who did not move. 

Instead of leaving a satisfying slash, I bounced off with no mark.

What? I thought sharply, confused, as I gained my footing.

The serpent laughed a hissing laugh as he slithered closer.

Barnes grunts filled the air reaching my ear.

"S-s-silly child. You think a mere piece of metal is going to affect me?" The serpent hissed.

"Tail!" Shadow screamed as a dark figure came towards me from the corner of my eye.

Damn!

I jumped before it could hit me, but it came back faster, striking it mark on the second try.

I released a grunt as I hit a tree.

But It wasn't as hard as I had predicted.

Through my curved portion, I glanced up to the snake and into his green eyes.

Is that... amusement?

"S-s-such little things..." he hissed, almost to himself as his coil around Barnes shifted when he moved to get a better look at me.

"S-s-such fragile things to.... Break" He struck forward.

Quickly, I jumped out the way, staggering. He headed straight for a tree.

A large bang and crack ran through the air as he hit the bark head on. But not harsh enough to knock him out though.

"Shadow... no" Barnes said, with a little more air than before.

Holding my sword out ready, I looked up to him.

Shadow had somehow made her way up the snake and to Barnes where she attempted to release him but failed.

"Shadow!" I cried as I headed towards them "Barnes hold on!" I said as I started to climb the large scaly body. Though he was knot knock out, the serpent does seem somewhat out of it.

A thick skull and body armour, but not entirely untouchable? Maybe I should use his size against him... I thought as I reached Barnes.

I grasped his hand tight with mine as Shadow continued to pull uselessly at his jacket.

Thump. Thump. Thump

"Hold on!" I said as I squeezed his palm.

He said nothing, but the fear in his eyes is very clear as he squeezed back.

Reaching down, I removed a metal rod from my shoes, quickly, I released it too full lengths pushed it between Barnes and the snake's body, but not without hesitating.

If his rib is broken then this might hurt...

His hand squeezed my arm.

I looked at him sharply, meeting a gaze of strength and a whole heft of emotion.

He nodded but said nothing as he tensed his jaw.

I bit my lip.

Quickly, I placed a soft kiss upon his cheek.

"I'm sorry..." I whispered, and before he could register anything, I pulled the rod.

He bit his lips, muffling his scream as I continued to pull, opening the coil of the snake.

"Shadow, pull him out!" I said, "Barnes you're going to need to help!"

He nodded as blood slipped down his lips.

Shoot... I thought as I gripped the rope tighter.nI'm sorry... I will make this up to you later.

As fast as we can, we attempted to manoeuvre him out of the coil. But we aren't quick enough.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

"Not this time!" I heard it hiss as it's large head collided with my form, almost pushing me off it entirely. But I held on anyway.

"A s-s-stubborn one huh?" It said as it pulled out for another attack. But this time I am prepared.

Quickly, I swung away from him, with a kick against him.

Turning 360 I landed on his body and pushed the stick into Barnes free hands as Shadows.

Immediately, they started to pull to create space. But now with its consciousness, it isn't working as well

Have to weaken it... I thought as I pulled out my sword and got ready to swing.

There is no armour around his eyes.

Perfect...

Pulling my arm back I got ready to strike. It didn't see it coming.

There is a blood-curdling scream as I felt the splatter of liquid again me. But I didn't focus upon that. Instead, I focused upon the thud behind me and sigh of relief.

His free... I thought happily as the snake recoiled into himself and I landed upon the ground.

I looked over to his choking form.

More blood slipped past his lips. But at least he is free. Looking up to me I watched him smile brightly as he held up a thumbs up.

"Ba-" I started to say, but I am cut off by the sudden change in his expression.

Instantly alert I turned just in time to see the snake lunged for me.

Shoot... I thought as I lost footing.

But he never reached me.

Instead, he is pushed to the side by a familiar crystal.

"Pup!"

Sensei! I thought as I looked at him from where I fell.

He rushed to my side.

"Are you hurt?" He asked as he helped me stand.

"Not me but Barnes..." I said gesturing to him.

He had gotten to his feat shakingly, making his way towards us with Shadow in tow, attempting to keep him steady with her weight, around his legs.

Reaching up, he wiped the blood from his mouth.

I winced.

Reaching towards him, I felt the wobble of my lip but bit back.

No tears. Not right now.

"Watch out!"

"Enough of this-s-s!"

"No!"

It all happened so fast. One second he was making his way towards us and the next he was in the snake's jaw.

"No!" I screamed again, adrenaline pumping through my veins as the first tear slipped loose.

Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump.

"Barnes!"

I tried to make my way to him, but I'm held back.

"Pup!" Sensei shouted, trying to contain me.

"No!" 

I can't let him die!

"I need to help him!" I yelled pulling at his arm around my waist.

"Pup!" Sensei said, but I paid little attention to him "You must calm down"

"No!" I screamed, jumping forward.

The snake threw him to the side, tearing at him more in the process, as Mr Spade let loose a sea of attacks, his orange magic clashing with the blood red and black scales.

Need to get my sword... need to make sure he is breathing...  I thought as I watched his unmoving body.

Please be breathing...

"Jack! Get her out of here!"

"Right!"

"No!" I shrieked as Mr Spade abruptly grabbed hold of my arm "Barnes!"

"Come on Swift! We must Run!" Mr Spade said as he pulled me along.

Have to help him.. Have to save him....

I tried to pull myself out of his hold, but he held on tight.

Can't be so useless...

"No s-s-so fas-s-s-st!

"Spade! Pup!" Sensei screamed as the snake came barreling into our side.

And this time he packed a punch. My body couldn't take it.

I landed before Sensi as I felt my mind go fuzzy.

Have to help... Have to stop it... cant fail.... I thought as I tried to get up.

But I cannot.

Barnes...

"Roar!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.6K 753 48
Edit of Feb 14, 2023 This book is DISCONTINUED. It was taken down around 2019? 2020 due to friends and family finding it. I will now be posting eve...
278 96 39
***This book has been stolen by a predatory site without my consent, including the cover I made, this blurb, and all chapter contents within. I will...
5K 110 14
*Book 3 of the Born To Burn Series* ONLY CHAPTER 1-10 ARE OPEN WE ARE OFFICIALLY ON AMAZOM KINDLE! ❤️ PLZ CONTINUE TO SUPPORT ME THERE. I ❤️EACH AND...