another love // e.gilbert 1.

By MaryBravo200

Holden Salvatore was always distant from his two brothers Damon and Stefan. That happened after one girl name... More

ANOTHER LOVE
PART I
Playlist
1. Coming Home
2. Compulsion Games
3. Friends To Have Dinner With
4. The Original Salvatore Brothers
5. 1953
6. New Vampire In Mystic Falls
7. The Night Of Terrors
8. Best Birthday Present
9. Evil Little Plan
10. Hitting Floor
11. Somewhere in Georgia
12. Brooms And Stolen Dances
13. 2/3
14. A 145 Year Old Lie
15. Bachelors In Paradise
16. Tomb Vampires
17. Oh, Baby Brother
18. The Past And The Present
19. Miss Elena and Holden
20. Sharing Secrets
21. The Damsel And Her Men
22. Playing With Fire
PART II
Playlist
1. The Bitch Is Back!
2. One Dead Blondie, Please
3. Road Trips
4. Manipulation
5. Stolen Looks
6. I Won't Let Go Of You
7. Oh, Sweet Revenge
8. Saving The Love
9. Old Friends
10. Trouble, Double
11. Lock Your House
12. Nasty Bites
13. Betrayed
14. Crazy Ex, Everyone!
16. Angry Witches
17. Our House
18. More Stolen Dances
19. Original Deals
20. Different Ways
21. The Sacrifise
22. Last Kiss Before I Go
BOOK TWO

15. Her Way

3.8K 140 10
By MaryBravo200

-----------

-----------

Kodaline - Love Like This(acoustic)

"We're running around like love is what we found
and nothing else could matter in our lives."

DAMON STARED AT ELLA WITH WIDE EYES. The female vampire was in Holden's shirt, running around their kitchen and trying to cook something.

So far she didn't notice the oldest Salvatore or at least didn't show it. Before Damon could open his mouth, Holden strolled into the kitchen with a bored facial expression. "Holden," Ella spoke and she finally looked at Damon's overwhelming face.

The Middle Salvatore just mused and kissed Ella on the lips slowly before looking over to Damon. "Introduce me to your brother," Ella smiled widely as Damon's eyes widened once again.

He just looked at Holden, who rolled his eyes slowly. "Damon, this is Ella, Ella, this is Damon," he said dully then took a bite of bacon. "Hmm, good."

"My cooking skills didn't go away," Ella smiled to Holden, who smirked and kissed her. Damon was at shock. Last day, Holden seemed to be in love with Elena, and now he was kissing another unknown woman. He then understood that Ella was the friend Stefan informed him about. Not Izzie, another one.

"Holden, may I have a word?" Damon smiled falsely as Ella nodded her head and walked out of the room while chuckling. Holden raised his eyebrow at Damon then motioned for him to speak. "What the hell?" Damon hissed lowly.

"What? You can have play things, I can't?" Holden asked with a small shrug.

Damon smacked Holden in the shoulder so the younger brother rolled his eyes. He didn't want to fight Damon. Especially not if Ella was nearby, listening. "What happened to your immense love for a certain brown eyed girl?" Damon asked because at some point he was team Holden.

"I woke up from my dream," Holden said a total lie and Damon didn't believe in that whatsoever. "I found someone who truly loves me back. I'm fine."

Holden grabbed a plate of bacon then wanted to walk back into his room, but Damon blocked his way. "Are you still mad about that girl thing?" he questioned dully. "Because these are old news."

"What makes you think that it is?" Holden smiled wickedly so Damon pursed his lips, not knowing of what to say. "I've forgotten it. I'm perfectly fine."

Something made Damon believe that the I'm fine sentence was hidden behind a call for help. "I have better news, brother. I know how to kill Elijah."

"Enlighten me," he answered curiously so Damon smirked, knowing that behind the facade Holden was putting, inside, he truly was his old self.

"I'm gonna kill Elijah with a little dagger," Damon mused with a huge smirk so Holden furrowed his eyebrows and placed the plate on the counter.

He closed the door and opened up a tap. "Ooh, trust issues," Damon said with a grin as Holden turned to look at him.

"How do you know it'll work?" Holden whispered quietly as the water continued flowing down.

"I don't," Damon mused closing the tap so Holden sighed. He didn't want Ella ears dropping but Damon seemed to trust her. "And as I told Stefan, I'm gonna do all my t's," he smirked so Holden nodded his head. "Are you into killing Elijah?"

Holden knew the Original and Elena had a deal made, but Elijah was dangerous. And if he wanted to use Elena for a ritual, Holden was more than willing to end him. "After last night, I'm up to anything," he answered causing Damon to grin devilishly at their little evil plan.

HOLDEN WALKED BACK INTO HIS ROOM TO FIND ELLA SHOWERING. He glanced there then walked over to where Ella kept her daylight ring placed.

Holden spared yet another glance into the shower but she wasn't paying attention. He picked the ring up, thinking of taking it with him and leaving her inside so she wouldn't follow him.

But before Holden could do such thing, Ella scared him. "What are you doing?" she asked wrapping a towel around her body. Holden smiled falsely then threw her the ring.

"You don't want to drop it," he commented walking over to his dresser. Ella looked at him in confusion then put it on. She frowned slightly then walked over to him and hugged him from behind.

Holden paused as he felt her fingers trace his chest. "You're so thoughtful," she whispered as he clenched his jaw and turned around. He placed his hands on her waist and she mused happily. "Where are you and Damon going?"

"You listened," Holden mused realizing and Ella bit her lip guilty. "And yet you tell me you changed."

He then let go of her waist and walked away. Ella pursed her lips then grabbed his hand to stop him. "I'm sorry, but I'm a vampire. I can't control my ability to hear voices nearby," she defended so Holden calmed down and nodded his head before stroking her cheek.

Ella melted into his touch but Holden didn't feel good touching her like that. He wanted to do it just to Elena and for the girl to smile. Tell him I love you. But it was just a dream. It would always be just a dream. "We are leaving, but it's just a brother trip... You stay here and wait till I come back," he mused then started to walk away.

"So in exchange of being with you, I have to be a prisoner?" Ella questioned angrily so Holden stopped with an angered laugh. "We're together. That means you do not control me and I don't control you."

"You're right," Holden nodded turning back to face her. "We are together. So that is why I'm asking you to stay here and let me fix the nasty stuff. For your own safety."

Ella didn't say anything back as Holden smiled dully then left the room. She clenched her jaw and raised her head, feeling angry.

LATER ON, THE BROTHERS MET UP WITH ALARIC AND ANDIE. "Other than your lecture on the history of Mystic Falls, did you get anything out of Elijah?" Damon asked the history teacher as Andie snuggled closer to her boyfriend.

"No, it was boring," Alaric sighed with dullness so Holden smirked and placed his arm on his chair. "Of course, Jenna thinks he's charming."

Damon grinned teasingly. "You sound jealous," he mused then turned to his play-thing. "Sound a bit jealous?"

"Kinda do," she nodded with a guilty smile as Alaric looked at Holden in annoyance. The brother just smiled slightly.

"Maybe we shouldn't talk about this here," the teacher pointed out glancing at Andie, who was compelled to do as Damon said.

"She's fine, because she's been compelled, right, Damon?" Holden questioned sarcastically as Damon rolled his eyes.

"Look at yourself, brother," he commented calmly. "Kissing an old ex, telling her that you like her more than a certain girl."

Alaric furrowed his eyebrows, clearly feeling like he was missing out on something. "My lips are sealed," Andie chuckled so Damon kissed her.

Alaric stared at them in disgust as Holden rolled his eyes dully. "This is too weird," the man commented causing Holden to snicker.

"I just need the right opportunity," Damon said as the brothers saw Elijah walk in with Jenna. "Ah, there's Jenna and her new boyfriend. Hi."

Jenna and Elijah noticed their table and approached them as Holden watched Elijah like a hawk. "Hey, guys," Jenna smiled to them.

"So I hear you two had quite a meeting of historical minds today," Damon commented as he glanced at Elijah.

Jenna shrugged slightly. "Yeah, I guess you could say that."

"Well, as much as I'd like to continue this, I've got papers to grade," Alaric left some money on the table and stood up.

Andie then spoke up. "No, you know what? We should continue this. Let's have a dinner party!" she exclaimed as Holden's look went straight to Elijah.

"Ooh, my girl," Damon smirked.

"Yeah, we'd be thrilled to host," Holden spoke as he smiled to Jenna. Elijah looked at the middle Salvatore with an amused facial expression.

"It's good for me, Jenna?" Andie questioned looking at the woman.

Alaric just shook his head. "I don't know if tonight works..."

"Yeah, I'm free," Jenna cut in with a small smile as Holden nodded with a kind one. Everyone's eyes darted to the Original in a coat, who finally gave in.

"It'd be my pleasure," he smiled so the brothers exchanged a look of pure satisfaction.

"WEAR YOUR BEST DRESS, WE'RE HAVING A DINNER PARTY," Holden mused as he walked in to see Ella looking at Melanie's picture. He snapped that out of her fingers and started glaring.

"So she's the first love?" Ella questioned with hoarse voice then crossed her arms over her chest. "Or is it Elena Gilbert?"

"How do you know her last name?" Holden asked angrily then placed the picture of Melanie away.

"Do you seriously think I wouldn't have found out?--" before she could continue Holden marched over to her and clenched his jaw. "What? Why are you so afraid I might do something to your brother's girl that you love so much?"

"Do you hear yourself?" Holden exclaimed angrily so Ella looked down. "You sound just like you sounded before I left you. Maybe it was a mistake, Ella, maybe I should've listened to my..."

Ella stared at him with heartbroken eyes so Holden sighed then hugged her. Their relationship was already toxic so he didn't want to make it even worse. "I'm sorry," he mused as she placed her head on his shoulder. "I'm sorry, but you cannot keep doing this. Interrogating me for my past life."

She just pulled away and nodded her head. "What is this dinner party we are talking about?" she questioned and Holden smiled slightly before kissing her head and hugging her again.

His heart was aching as he thought about the possibility of killing Ella. But if she was to harm Elena in any way, he wasn't gonna hesitate.

The night had set in as Damon walked into the library to find Holden drinking. "Jenna and Andie bonding with Ella, what could go wrong?" Damon smirked as he patted Holden's shoulder. "You suck at relationships."

"Who's speaking," Holden snapped back playfully so Damon laughed then looked around the room.

"You ready?" the older brother asked the younger, who just nodded dully. "I don't sense excitement, Holdie."

"Cause there's none," he said simply as Damon glared at him tiredly.

"If you don't wanna do--"

"Oh, yes, I do want to do this," Holden nodded through slightly narrowed eyes. "I want to plunge someone's heart out. Maybe starting with yours."

Damon smiled bitterly. "Hmm... Haven't heard you want to kill this bad in years. Which one is it?"

Holden looked at him then shrugged in confusion. "What are you talking? There is none," he answered while shaking his head.

"Yep, there is," Damon chuckled with a grin. "And one starts with E and ends with A, another one starts also with an E and ends in A... Clever choice of names, Holdie. Don't mix them up," he started teasing so Holden just mused.

"Smart sentence, Damon, coming from Andie Star is my one true love man," he smirked sassing him back and then Andie walked in.

"Why are you fighting?" Andie asked worriedly, sounding like a concerned girlfriend. "I don't like it when you're angry at each other."

Holden was too pissed at that moment to be polite. "I'm pretty sure you don't know me," he rolled his eyes in annoyance.

Damon glared at him then went to close the door. He walked back over to a small trunk and opened it. He pulled out the silver dagger and white oak ash from inside. "What's that?" Andie asked him as Holden looked down on it.

"Dessert," he mused dipping the dagger into ash. "Elijah's stronger than us. Faster than us. It's all about the element of surprise."

"Ah, it's too bad," Andie pouted as Holden couldn't help but groan lowly. "I like him. He's very old-school. Classy."

"Which is why you should encourage the gentlemen to take their after dinner drinks in here while you do coffee in the kitchen with the girls," Damon smiled dully as he placed her dagger with the glasses on the scotch, hiding it from the view as he looked at his younger brother.

"Hmm. This is a little sexist for me," Andie argued so Damon turned back to look at her.

"Stop talking," he said and she smiled, causing Holden to feel slightly sorry for the woman.

They all heard a bell upstairs and walked out of the library and into the hall to see John Gilbert. "John. Surprise. Leave," Damon snapped to the man as Ella approached Holden with curious eyes.

John looked from Jenna to them. "When Jenna told me she was coming to a dinner party with Elijah, I decided I couldn't miss out on all the fun and games," he answered calmly.

Alaric walked in and everyone looked at him. "There are not going to be any games tonight, John. It's just a friendly dinner party."

"True," Holden looked at Elena's biological father as Damon smirked.

WHEN ELIJAH ARRIVED, THE EIGHT OF THEM ALL SAT AROUND THE TABLE, HAVING DINNER. Holden was sitting next to Ella and Jenna. The latter poured some wine to Damon as they all conversed. "I hate to break it to both of you, Holden and Damon, but according to Elijah, your family is so not a founder of this town," she explained as Holden acted out interest.

"Hmm, do tell," Damon turned to the guest of honor, who smiled politely. Ella grabbed Holden's hand and squeezed it. She finally had a chance to meet the one and only Elijah, and didn't want to break Holden's plans to kill him.

"Well, as I mentioned to Jenna earlier, a faction of settlers migrated from Salem after the witch trials in the 1690's," he spoke nobly as Ella listened interested. "Over the next hundred years they developed this community where they could feel safe from persecution."

"Hmm," Jenna agreed. "Because they were witches."

Andie looked between them. "Yeah, but there's no proof there were witches in Salem," she mused so Elijah looked at her.

"Andie's a journalist. Big on facts," Damon smirked.

Elijah smiled and continued telling the story as he noticed Ella's interaction with Holden. That made him curious. "Well, the lore says that there was this wave of anti-witch hysteria. It broke out in the neighboring settlement, so these witches were rounded up. They were tied to stakes in a field together and, uh, burned. Some say you could hear the screams from miles around us. They were consumed by the fire. Could you pass the..." Elijah said as Holden thought of it.

"I wouldn't repeat this to the Historical Society," Jenna chuckled while sipping her wine.

John leaned forward in his seat. "It's starting to sound a little like a ghost story to me," he commented as Holden looked up trying not to roll his eyes.

"Why do you want to know the location of these alleged massacres?" Holden asked him as Elijah glanced back with a smile.

"You know..." the Original trailed off. "... a healthy historian's curiosity, of course."

"Of course," Holden nodded back as Elijah smiled, nervously.

Damon then started to stand up. "Would anyone care for some cognac?" he asked so Holden caught onto that and stood up as well. "I have a bottle that I've been saving for ages."

"None for me thanks," Alaric said dully. "Nine bottles of wine is my limit."

The other diners started to stand too as Ella walked over to Holden. "The gentlemen should take their drinks in the study," Andie suggested as Ella looked at her weirdly.

"Go," Holden whispered to her as he kissed her head shortly. Ella just nodded and walked over to Andie.

"I have to say the food was almost as wonderful as the company," Elijah smiled politely.

"I like you," Andie giggled. Holden motioned for Elijah to follow as the three entered the library. Damon started pouring drinks for them.

"Your girlfriend is very nice, Holden," Elijah commented causing for Holden to turn around and raise his eyebrows in surprise. He then nodded his head.

"Yes she is," he lied through a smile as Damon handed them all a glass of scotch. "But yet I do want to know about the ritual. In addition to the moonstone, the doppelgänger and many more, you need to find this witch burial ground," he said calmly.

"I'll say yes, just because we're close," Elijah teased sarcastically. "Do you know where it is?"

"Maybe," Damon spoke with a shrug. "Tell me why it's so important," he said dully.

Elijah just smiled. "We're not that close," he mused then turned around to look at the books. "It's quite a collection you two have here," he commented impressed.

"Yes," Holden said as he watched Damon slowly and carefully grab the silver dagger from the tray of glasses.

Elijah had his back still turned to them. "It's a funny thing about books," he stated. "Before they existed, people actually had memories."

Suddenly, Alaric and Andie bursted through the study door causing Damon to quickly put the dagger down. "Gentlemen, we forgot dessert," Alaric smiled with wide eyes as Holden stared at the teacher angrily.

"Elijah," Andie held out her hand for him.

"Miss Star..." he trailed off handing his glass to Damon, who drained it all. Elijah took Andie's hand, then twirled her around as they left the room.

Damon smacked Alaric on the arm angrily. Alaric just rolled his eyes as he pointed down to the dagger. The brothers stared at him in confusion. The teacher then sighed, walked over to a desk and wrote something down on a piece of paper.

He handed it to Holden as Damon looked down at it as well. This dagger will kill any of you if you use it. Holden then threw the paper behind him and looked at the angered brother as they all returned to people without Jenna. They knew John gave Damon that dagger, probably also knowing that it would kill them.

They entered the room as Damon sat down and glared at John. Holden stood behind John and placed his hands on the chair's back, causing John to feel threatened. "Ric, would you do me a favor and grab the notebook out of my bag?" Andie asked Alaric, who nodded and walked over to the bag.

"Elijah, did John tell you he's Elena's uncle-slash-father?" Damon asked dully causing John to glare at the vampires.

"Yes, I'm well aware of that," Elijah nodded smugly.

"Of course she hates him, so he shouldn't be on the endangered species list," Holden commented angrily as he looked down at John, the reason Damon almost didn't die.

"No, Ric, it's in the front pocket," Andie called out as Ella walked back into the room. "On the... you know what? Excuse me, guys. Sorry," she stood up, helping Alaric find her notebook.

John pursed his lips. "What I'd like to know, Elijah, is how do you intend on killing Klaus?"

"Gentlemen, there's a few things we should probably get clear right now," Elijah stated seriously. "I allow you to live solely to keep an eye on Elena. I allow Elena to remain in her house living her life with her friends as she does as a courtesy. If you become a liability, I'll take her away form you and you'll never see her again."

Holden's eyes narrowed as Ella noticed that and a sting of jealousy filled her. So far she was trying to hide it, even get rid of it, but it was not possible.

As she thought about that, Andie came back with her notebook and sat down. "Okay. My first question is when you got here to Mystic..."

Suddenly, Alaric came up behind Elijah and stabbed the dagger through his heart through the back of his chair. Elijah began to scream as he quickly died. Holden backed away from the chair shocked just as everyone else.

Alaric pulled the dagger out and placed it on the table. He looked at the brothers. "Now get rid of him before Jenna comes back with dessert," he said as the brothers both walked up to Elijah.

AFTER THE DINNER ELIJAH WAS PLACED IN THEIR CELL. Holden walked back into his room to find Ella taking off her dress. He stood at the doorway as she smiled. "Taken care of?" she asked softly before turning around to face him.

He just nodded and started making his way towards the crazy ex girlfriend he had to be with. "Yes, now we go rest," he said touching her cheek and kissing her forehead.

Ella smiled and was about to kiss him but his phone rang. Holden pulled away and saw that Stefan was calling. He furrowed his eyebrows then answered the call. "Did you keep the dagger in Elijah?!" he asked frantically.

Holden froze in one spot as he hung up then rushed into the cell to see Damon there already. Elijah was gone and they knew he was coming after Elena. "We have to go," Holden said quickly so Damon just nodded as they left to the Gilbert Lake House to save Elena and Stefan.

ELIJAH WALKED UP TO THE GILBERT LAKE HOUSE. He kneeled down and grabbed some rocks before glaring at the house.

The Original then threw the rocks at the door, breaking it off its hinges. Elena looked at Stefan as they were inside. "You have to go. I need to talk to him alone," she nodded her head.

"Elena..."

"Stefan, I'm okay," Elena nodded with a sad look on her face. "He can't come in the house."

Elijah had walked closer towards the house with an angry look. "You know, I might not be able to enter this house... But I'm a very patient man. I'll wait you out."

Elena slowly walked out from behind the wall as Stefan stayed in his spot. The Gilbert girl walked towards the front door but stayed inside the house. "They shouldn't have done what they did," she told Elijah, who just mused.

"The deal is off," Elijah said furiously as Elena pursed her lips slightly, holding something behind her back.

"I'm renegotiating," she mused strongly as Elijah broke into a small grin.

"You have nothing left to negotiate with," he answered as a moment of silence broke out. Then, Elena pulled out a knife from behind as Elijah looked at her in amusement.

"I'd like to see you lure Klaus into Mystic Falls after the doppelgänger bleeds to death," she mused a hint of fear in her voice.

Elijah didn't believe that as he shook his head. "Stefan won't let you die."

"No, he won't," Elena agreed as she thought of Holden in that moment. "He'll feed me his blood to heal me, and then I'll kill myself and become a vampire, just like Katherine did. So unless you want that to happen again, promise me the same as before... promise me... You won't harm anyone that I love. Even if they've harmed you."

"I'm sorry, Elena," Elijah said calmly. "I'm going to have to call your bluff."

Elena breathed out and pointed the knife to her stomach. Elijah watched her like a hawk, unsure of what she was gonna do. The doppelgänger looked at Elijah once again, her fingers sweaty before she stabbed herself in the stomach.

"No!" Elijah shouted before rushing to the door as she screamed in pain and fell to the floor. There were blood gushing everywhere as Elijah to stop at the threshold because he hadn't been invited in. Elena dropped the knife on the floor and clutched onto her stomach. "Yes. Yes, you can have your deal. Let me heal you."

"Give me your word!" Elena shouted as she gasped and cried from the pain. Elijah was terrified as he wanted to heal Elena.

"I give you my word," Elijah whispered so Elena limped outside and into Elijah's arms. But before he could cure her, Elena stabbed him with the silver dagger as Elijah gasped into her hair before falling to the ground, dead.

Elena then fell to the ground with a heap, weak from the blood loss. Stefan, without a thought, rushed out and fed her his blood. He placed his chin on top of her head she Elena willingly drank his blood to cure herself.

Then, Holden and Damon walked out and stood in the doorway. Stefan cradled Elena's face in his hands as they both looked at the brothers, who both grimaced. "Little tip," Damon mused to himself. "Don't pull the dagger out."

DAMON AND HOLDEN BOTH CARRIED ELIJAH'S BODY DOWN INTO THE CELLAR. Elena and Stefan also walked in as Ella bursted through the door and hugged Holden.

Elena noticed that and looked down for a second. Stefan told her about Holden's little friend, and as much as she tried to be happy for him, she couldn't. "I was so worried!" Ella breathed out then saw the reason behind Holden's detachment.

Stefan wrapped his hand around Elena, who looked at the girl. "Hi, I'm Ella," the female did the opposite, which surprised everyone in the room. "You must be the infamous Elena."

"I guess," the girl mused uncomfortably as she looked down to see Damon searching Elijah's jacket.

"Uhh!" he exclaimed feeling something. "What do we have here?" he asked before pulling out a moonstone. "A little moonstone bar of soap. I'll hold on to this."

"So, that's it," Elena spoke as everyone looked back at her. Holden missed seeing Elena and tried not to stare in front of his brother and Ella. "I mean, as long as we keep the dagger in there, he stays dead."

Damon nodded. "Pretty much."

Elena just nodded back. "Okay then... Good night," she mused and started to leave. She then stopped and turned around. The brothers plus Ella looked at her. "You know, you guys want me to fight, fine, I'll fight. But if we're gonna do this, you can't keep anything from me anymore. From this moment on, we're doing it my way."

"That seems fair," Damon chuckled so Elena nodded and looked at another couple.

Ella just shrugged as she looked at Holden, who was looking back at the doppelgänger. "Your way," he nodded so Elena smiled slightly before looking at her boyfriend.

"Okay," Stefan nodded softly.

"Okay," she repeated then walked out of the basement leaving them four alone. The brothers all looked at each other.

"Seems like she's had a change of attitude," Damon commented impressed as he looked at Stefan. "How did you get through her?"

Stefan looked down. "I told her a little story about when I was making the wrong decisions and somebody showed me there was a better way," he commented so Holden smiled, remembering Lexi.

"Lexi?" Damon grimaced slightly as Ella looked at Holden in confusion.

"Yeah. You remember her?" he asked dully then walked out of the room.

Holden took Ella's hand and left Damon as well.

Vote, read, comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 190 45
Based on Season Two of TVD ... Ellie and Elena's doppelgänger, Katherine Pierce, arrives in Mystic Falls, and her reasons for returning to Mystic Fal...
5.8K 96 35
Brittany a girl who lived in mystic falls was abandoned by her father in her youth and had just lost her mother at the age of 17 in the year 1867.she...
1.1M 27.8K 46
❝We choose our own path. Our actions, and our values, they define who we are.❞ If looks could kill, Lyssa and her twin sister, Elena Gilbert, would h...
244K 5.3K 32
"No matter how much you try to heal your broken problems you're only able to do as much as a tourniquet." Nothing ever happened in boring old Mystic...