Calm Me Down (girlxgirl)

By beingunknownreader

Theia was the Queen of werewolves. Everyone in the kingdom feared the Queen of the North and everyone knew th... More

REPUBLISHED: Calm Me Down
chapter one: theia
chapter three: mine
chapter four: eleventh second
chapter five: euphoric
six: eyes
seven: not lonely
eight: lily
nine: winter war
ten: three rules
eleven: cold
twelve: her neck
thirteen: snow fall
fourteen: shell
fifteen: jealousy
sixteen: the forest
seventeen: my kingdom
eighteen: uh oh
nineteen: consequences
twenty: hers were on mine
twenty one: truth
twenty two: lost her
twenty three: hurt
twenty four: mine
twenty five: the end

chapter two: lamia

19.3K 736 91
By beingunknownreader

⚠️ Trigger warning ⚠️

Lamia POV

"Father please" I struggled getting out of his grip but I was too weak to fight as he dragged me to the door. I tried running away from his grasp but failed as he caught me once again, he struggled to get the door open and when he did a scary tall man wearing all black stood outside in the rain. I looked up at him frightened by his scary gaze towards me as he looked at me up and down, licking his lips.

Father ushered the man inside our house, and threw me at him. "There" he spoke as if i was just a stranger to him, the tall man sneered and chuckled creepily "15 years old?" The man asked to which my dad nodded "That thing just turned 15 last week" father looked at my pleading gaze and ignored it, looking away. The man made me stand up and he put his dirty mouth near my ear "Happy birthday" He whispered as his scent smelt like cigarettes. I trembled in fear as my body continuously shook.

My father put his hand out and for a second I thought he was asking me to take it but suddenly the man who held me with his tight grip threw my dad stacks of money to which my dad happily sighed. "All yours man" Father mumbled at the man as he inhaled the smell of money. The man threw me on his shoulder and i immediately begged and punched the man's back. We get to a van where more scary men looked up at as I was roughly thrown inside. I tried opening the van but the men held me back and as I struggled then I felt a fist colliding with the side of my face. The last thing I could remember was the van moving away from my house and my dad stood in the doorstep before closing the door.

I always knew he blamed me for my mother's death, his wife, my momma. He was an alcoholic and abusing bastard and selling me isn't the worse compared to what he would do to me everyday. He made me feel what it was like to crave for death everyday, not wanting to live and he made sure that i felt that way and he never failed. I'm not surprised that i was being sold, the money wqs all he needed for some more alcohol and drugs.

Is it too much to for me to ask for death?

---
5 years later

I looked around the basement I was locked in for 5 years. The small space was dark, the only source of light was the one illuminating from the taped window near the rusty old bed i was thrown in. I curled up and buried my head in between my legs. They have done everything to destroy me physically and mentally, no one would understand how much pain they inflected me with during the 5 years, they forced me to be their slave. They made sure i would always obey them like a doll in a puppet house. Like a doll following the strings of its master.

Silence; that was all I could hear during the years. Silence was very loud and scary, it was slowly killing me. Everyday, i wished it did, i wished death would come to me and finally i could be happy. Instead, i waited every single day wondering what they're about to do again. Wondering how painful it is going to be, with each minute they made me suffer. The room was almost empty, though there stood a chair who looked older than the worn out bed i was in.

'Calm down child, everything will be alright. They will pay for everything' My wolf, Lila's deep voice spoke. I could feel her grumble and release a low growl that made me jump. I heard the door unlocking followed by a loud creak that echoed in the small room. Fright crawled to my body, taking possession of my emotion. I backed against the bed until I felt the cold wall hit my back. A man came in, he was tall and lanky he had a smirk plastered on his face. He was the same man in my nightmare, his chuckle was the same in my nightmare, he was my nightmare.

"Hey there sweetheart" He said as he approached me, he was carrying a tray of food. He settled it next to me, his large hands touched my cheek, I flinched and backed away wishing the wall could swallow me if i backed hard enough.

"Please" I whispered weakly before looking away from him and curling up even more. His large hands roamed my arms, it was rough and wrong.

"No! When are you going learn and obey your master's order?" He answered harshly. I looked at him and his eyes were the scariest thing about him, it showed hate, desire and all the other things I couldn't describe. He suddenly grabbed my neck and his chapped lips connected with mine, I was frozen and didn't know what to do. It was as if his inner monster jumped out and took over his body, he was shaking as he forced me to reciprocate the kiss. I started slapping his chest, I didn't like it. It seemed wrong, I squirmed as he touched me. I tried pushing him off but he wasn't moving. I bit his lips, and it thankfully made him pull back. He groaned and slapped me, it was so hard that blood came out of mouth. He wiped them and proceeded to kiss me again. i sighed and closed my eyes giving up. After all these years, he always empowered me and i didn't know why i still kept fighting knowing it wouldn't change his desires. I tried numbing the feeling as tears escape my eyes.

*Two hours later*

I stayed laying down as he zipped his pants, tears slowly running down my cheeks, wetting my dried ones. I couldn't move my body ached and i felt the bruises that turned my skin purple with the evident redness from the tightness of his grip near my neck and shoulder. i was too scared to move, my body stayed frozen and lifeless on the bed.

I felt helpless, not only because of the man. Because i knew no mother or father would be worried and scared when they find out their daughter isn't home. Or the fact that this was how my life is going to be forever. My stomach released a growl. I looked at the food scattered on the ground that fell earlier, I kneeled down and tried eating them as I continued to cry.

---

Three years later

My mind doesn't know what, how and when to think. My wolf has grown weaker, I must be the weakest wolf there is. They forced me to do everything they want. They have succeeded into destroying me, into making me their doll. And it was my fault for giving up, for not finding enough strength to push them away.

The door opened once again, this time I knew very well what will happen next. I close my eyes and took a deep breath. The same man went in and I could see his creepy smile that hunted me every night. He approached me.

When all of his clothes are off, he was taking mine off as well and just as he was about to take off the last piece, shouts and gunshots were heard. Two men wearing an armor came in the room screaming, one man wearing an armor yanked the naked guy off of me and I immediately sat up, frightened. A man stood wearing silver armor looked shocked as he saw my fragile figure, though in his eyes i could see sadness and anger. He wrapped a warm blanket on me. The naked guy was being pulled by other men who was also wearing silver armor.

"Everything is good, calm down" He whispered. However, i sat motionless feeling a single tear run down my cheek. The stranger noticed that I had no intention of standing up, he bent down and carefully lifting my fragile body he easily stood up as if he was carrying a feather instead of me.

"Girl, speak your name" The man said looking at me as we walked to the door, i could faintly see a bright light at the end and it was not long before i was hit by a strong ray of light, i could feel the wind touch my skin. I covered my eyes and only opened them when i felt myself being put into a car. I sat in silence as i fiddled with my fingers, feeling his eyes on me not before long until i met his gaze, His eyes growing softer as he scanned my bruised face and stopping at my bleeding lip, his eyes slowly scanned my dark and bruised eyes.

I was dumbfounded, no one has asked that question for years which left me to completely forget my own name. Though, i remember all the names i was forced to call myself or the names they gave me.

'Lamia' My wolf helped me remember. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, i could see my wolf look down and slighlty nod, her voice was weak and so was she.

"Lamia." I whispered quietly, fiddling with my fingers. My breathing slightly became faster, "How did y-you find me" I said slowly, looking up at him again.

"That is Joffrey, known for killing young girls and we have been searching for years. He cleans his tracks quite well but we finally had a lead and came across this place. We, however, did not expect you" He simply said. He looked at me sympathetically. Knowing what I had been through but at the same time he didn't. No one could truly understand.

"Do you know where to go, do you have a home?" He looked at me questioningly. He went to put his hands on my back though I flinched. He retracted his hand and apologised.

I tilted my head, my face scrunched up in confusion, "Home?" I asked looking down at my fingers. I chuckled lowly.

He hesitantly looked into my eyes and I saw his mouth gape open before slowly closing them, "Child, how old are you?"

I couldn't bring myself to answer knowing I had lost track of time inside that room. I flinched remembering him.

'Twenty-three' A small voice uttered in my head and I knew it was my wolf again, Lisa.

"Twenty-three?" I replied in a questioning way. He nodded ahead slowly and looked outside the window, I can see his hands tighten a little before feeling the car speed up slightly. My eyelids felt heavier by the minute, even though I was worried about the people who were with us..somehow, I felt safe. I cherished the moment knowing I wasn't safe for long, I learned to live like everything is temporary, soon i would be in pain. I stopped hoping that someday they would stop hurting me but it was also my emotions that caused me great pain.

I nodded my head and looked out the window. Watching every individual we passed and thought about how their problems differ from mine, did they suffer the unfortunate fate such as mine? it can only be if all of their worst problems are combined together then I there I am.

I felt the car abruptly stop that my fragile body slightly fly forward but the man next to me held me by my arm with his delicate hands. Too delicate that it made me whimper ever so loudly and flinch away. i looked out embarrassed before i hear the car opening. Turning my head only to see the man waiting for me to leave the caf.

Lisa had her ears perked up while I slowly got out of the car, only to he faced by a huge building that had ivy's at its wall and sharp edges that stood tall near the building. I never knew there was even a bigger place the world other than the room I was held in. I could tell this castle had wider rooms. I looked at the guy beside me who was talking to the driver.

"W-where are we?" I stuttered knowing fully that i have developed it during the days they held me captive.

"The castle" He simply answered. He got out and opened the door for me, some servants in the garden stared at me weirdly, I cowered and looked down, whimpering slightly. A young lady approached us, she bowed her head to the guy standing next to me.

"Casie meet Lamia, I expect for you to work together because she is now a servant here... show her around and teach her everything she needs to know" The guy said, he nodded towards both of us though his eyes seem to linger on me for awhile before he left.

I looked back at the girl who was grinning at me. She had blonde hair and a pair of green eyes, she looked pale that anyone could mistake her for a vampire but her scent is of a werewolf.

"His name is Maximus, the head of the royal guards. He took me in as well when I was a little girl, my parents abused me and when they got caught, He knew that I would be alone so he took me in and from then on I worked as a servant for the Queen. That's part of his duties, helping the abandones and giving them a home it's practically normal now" She rumbled on and on as she opened a door to a very small room, flashbacks of my old room came rushing through my head.

"Are you ok?" She asked me. I didn't realise that I haven't entered the room yet, i couldn't move my feet as if they were stuck in the same place. I whimpered silently and quickly wiped my tears away and nodded. My arms fall on my sides and i hesitantly looked up at her. My eyes blurred from the tears trying to escape. I could see myself back the scary place, i felt the feeling i had the first time i stood in front of that prison room and standing outside now made me scared once again.

"You poor thing, here" Her soft expression showed sadness as she reached out her hands for me to take. I took a small step back, scared when she raised her hand. "Hey, don't worry." She placed her hands on my chin and made me look up. Slowly, she took my shaking hands and led me inside slowly.

Once i was in, i looked around the room and realized i was safe and slightly relaxed. When she realized she was making me uncomfortable with her gaze, she withdrew her hands and looked away. She walked to a dresser and gave me new clothes and told me where my bed is. The clothes are similar to hers and other servants i saw in the castle earlier. Light blue long skirt pared with white blouse and apron.

"By the way my name is Casie, and yours?" She asked looking at me. I looked down.

'She must've forgotten that Maximus introduced us to each other' I thought and gave her a melancholic smile.

"Lamia" I whispered feeling nervous. "I'm guessing you're not much of a talker" She replied and chuckled when I nodded. She tried asking me what happened to me but I kept quiet, thankfully she understood.

"Casie!" A loud voice echoed in the room which caused me to cower in the corner and cover my ears. I could hear voices in my head, taunting me and I felt  cornered. I failed to notice that I was letting out small whimpers and a pool of water filled my eyes as tears made its way down the corners of mycheek. Suddenly a warm hand came in contact with mine which caused me to flinch. I opened my eyes slowly, looking up, a tall blonde stood over me with a now serene look. Casie rushed over to me and went in front of my body as if protecting me.

"She's new here. Maximus just took her in" I saw them exchange a silent conversation until Casie turned to me and helped me up. I made eye contact with the blonde woman before hiding behind Casie, grasping her arm tightly. "It's alright. Lamia meet Dianne, she's one of the head maids. Dianne meet Lamia" The woman who had brown eyes held out their hand and i tilted my head in confusion.

"Hi, welcome to the castle. I apologise for my outbreak towards Casie. It seems that she has forgotten to water the garden again" Dianne's head slowly turned to Casie who had her head down and mumbled a sorry. "I can't keep reminding you, what if the Queen notices this, you would have your head cut off by now" Casie nodded her head and apologized again.

Dianne returned her gaze at me with a confusing expression, though i was intimidated by her brown eyes. "I can water the garden?" I offered, very confused, i seem to have forgotten the last time i have seen gardens. I tried to picture what they would be like but it occurred to me that i've never seen such a place and my curiosity only grew. Dianne was snapped out of her gaze and nodded her head before quickly leaving with a light red face. Casie looked at me with a serious expression. This time it wasn't as warm as earlier. "I'll take you to the garden" She simply said before making me follow her.

I hurriedly held her hand, afraid of how huge the castle was. She tried to get out of my grip but as she saw my pleading gaze she sighed and lead me to this garden. The sun shined as we went outside, the wind picked up and blew my outfit slightly. Suddenly by breathe hitched as i saw flowers of different rages and the color of the grasses were different shades of green, some were lighter and some weren't as much. I didn't realize that I let go of Casie's hand and touched every one of the flowers gently, to some I was admiring, I told them how beautiful they were. Because they were the most precious thing I have seen, I looked back at Casie who now looked at me with more warmth and lovingly eyes and I smiled at her shyly, never have I felt so much happiness. Then suddenly I stopped, I stood up and imI stopped myself from feeling happy. It was fear, fear came to me inevitably, I convinced myself that I was only dreaming because I became scared that this happiness wouldn't last. But I looked at Casie and she looked real, I looked around me and everything looks real. I look up at the sky, I noticed how wide they were and how the bright light of the sun that touched my skin were slightly warm and they felt real. I close my eyes and expanded my arms, I feel as the wind blew passionately and a send of calmness comes to me. I let the wind lift my hair into a dance.

If this was a dream then I was going to savour every moment of it

I stopped in front of the castle, chuckling lightly with my hair falling in front of my face slightly, and suddenly, I feel a chill run through my spine as I sense a pair of eyes were staring at me. I felt the urge to look up and there I saw someone looking intently into my eyes.

My cheeks flush and I feel as sweat builds up around my forehead as the temperature of the wind rises. I tuck my hair behind my eaars and squint my eyes. There she was, a woman that was looking down at me and I couldn't help but compare her beauty with the flowers that surrounded me. Though I knew, from the moment that I saw her, she stood out and her beauty was beyond comparison and my heart thumped. I continued staring until i felt Casie's hand hold mine and pull me closer to her. Casie chuckled and put a heavy substance in my hands. I stared at her confused before looking at the thing in my head. She chuckled sweetly before going behind me and guiding my hands to the flowers.

"This here is called a watering pot, we use it to water these pretty flowers right here" She slowly tilted my hand and water started to come out of the watering pot. I stopped her for pouring more, "Why?" I asked receiving a small smile, "Because we need to keep them alive and the water feeds them the nutrients they need to keep blooming" I stared at the watering pot like magic, fascinated and i slowly poured them at the flowers. "Don't die, pretty flowers" i mumbled and did the rest.

"Hey Casie, Dianne is asking for you. She's in the west wing" Casie sighed and looked at me. I was too busy keeping the flowers alive to mind her, i was really happy that this pretty things were being taken care of, especially by me. Casie hesitantly took a step forward before looking back at me and this time i returned her gaze with a reassuring smile. Casie nodded her head and continued on her way, not before looking back a couple of times.

Suddenly I remembered the pretty flower from earlier and looked up only to find her gone. I frowned and shrugged my shoulders before going back to the flowers. "You look like you need more" I talked to the blue lilies on my right before pouring more onto them.

When my watering can ran out of water, I sighed sadly and looked at one of the servants standing beside me, I scratched the back of my neck before hesitantly pointing at my own watering can. She looked at me annoyed before pointing to her right, I followed where she pointed and saw that there was a fountain where water were streaming down. I skipped to my destination before stopping abruptly. To my left was a forest, I turned my body to face it and felt a pull as if it seemed to call me and the wind picked up as i took a step towards the forest. My head screamed at me to stop but the force was too strong and it felt impossible for me to turn back.

"Hmm" I jumped back and realised that it was Lisa who mumbled and without thinking, I let her come out. It was just as painful as the first, that and the fact that, it has been a long time since i let her take control. After i felt myself go on all fours, i breathed in the air that seemed different now, everything and everyone around me carried such strong scents and I could smell scents from mils away, the breeze was lovely and my fur danced with the wind, I feel euphoric as I ran towards the forest. I wasn't as fast as other wolves but I felt so free and I once believed that, freedom was something I could never give to Lisa and now here we were.

She ran and ran across, we passed every tree and jumped over fallen branches. Suddenly we come to a halt and Lisa's ears perked up and we hear small sets of footsteps and our vision narrows towards a small creature in the fores. We admire a tiny rabbit that was as white as clouds and its eyes beamed red. It occurred to me that I've never seen such a small creature before, I only remember them from kids picture books that I was given when I was 'good'. Those memories became distant for awhile as I smiled softly at the sight of the rabbit. I loved the fact thats they were so small yet the world was this big.

My smile dropped when a large wolf appeared, its fur were not regular, they were grey as a silver and had streaks of black, they had crescent moon on its back, the paws were white and I couldn't make out the colour of its eyes as they were busy glaring at the rabbit, poor innocent creature. As the wolf's ears took shape and I knew they were about to pounce, i jumped from my hiding place and made myself known as I ran in front of it and growled at the wolf.

The wolf seemed shock, it tilted its head to the side. Before looking at my smaller size, I was looking up at them and its eyes looked at me up and down. i suddenly cowered seeing as the colour of their eyes were green with streaks of purple. Not many had green eyes and I felt power radiating from their wolf. They growled once again. My wolf let out a weak cry as the larger wolf approached slowly, after hearing my small whimper, the wolf's huge eyes changed into softer once, but they disappeared fast They stared at me as if it analysed every part of me as it continued to approach. Those eyes looked curious yet fearful. I tilt my head in confusion but they quickly changed into a kind of angry, scary, haunting look oncr again as if the soft ones were never there.

"Shift!" A woman's voice rang in the forest forcing my wolf to submit to her order, although i felt Lisa try so hard to ignore the woman's command, we were too weak and there was no longer any remaining fight in us. Lisa changed back into my human form. The wolf shifted as well, and when she did, my breath hitched, her brunette hair gave away the fact that she was the person who was looking at me from the window. She was breathtaking, her blue eyes, her soft hair and those pointy nose and cheeks. She also looked frozen and looked me up and down, making me feel conscious. My heart was beating frantically as i felt myself shake.

"How dare you, I am your Queen!" She said. Her eyes changed from blue to gold as she grabbed my arm and raised her other. Knowing the situation well, i shut my eyes close and prepared for the pain once again. I knew they were coming and I waited for the stinging in my cheeks and i let out a small cry and held her wrist tighter as if it was the only way for me to plead. I looked up at her and as our eyes connected, her expression softened. My hands that touched hers became warmer and nowhere else. It only made me wonder as i tore my gaze away from hers though I could swear it looked as if she didn't want me to look away but it was only there for a second. I looked up at her arms that were raised and noticed that they were now shaking, it was full of hesitance. It was like she wanted to hit me but couldn't find the strength to. Like she wanted to slap me but couldn't find the will to. Her hand slowly went down as they stretched and balled into a fast. I closed my eyes once again, maybe it would happen this time but a gasp escaped my lips the minute that i felt her warm hand land on my cheek. The warmth I felt only spread from my arms up to my cheeks. The beating of my heart slowed and every thump was now harder rather than faster.

I fluttered my eyes open and could see a single tear run down her cheek as she released a small smile followed by a sighed. She leaned in and gently kissed my nose.

"Finally" She whispered before engulfing me with a hug that left me paralyzed. It was quick, the hug, it was as if it never really happened. Everything keps disappearing quick and I was felt more confused every time.

She pulled away instantly and pushed me lightly, I saw how confused she was which only made me falter. i was hoping she had the answer to the warmth i was feeling, even Lisa felt it and i was sure that it wasn't only me that felt it. Though I doubted, she couldn't have, one minute she would hit me and then the next she hugged me. Now that i was out of her embrace, I turn to run away, only for her to catch my wrist. This time i, or maybe Lisa had the strength to rip them away from her hold. It shocked me and i saw that it shocked her too, although her expression reflected that she felt more hurt.

"I'm sorry" i mutter scared and i ran as fast as i could, hoping she wasn't running after me. I was gasping for air as my human body couldn't keep up with my speed but my mind told me to run and never bump into her again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

477 102 35
In the magical planet of Adamite, the three most powerful kingdoms rule over the smaller clans of the land. There exists the Sapphire Kingdom of the...
4.3K 211 18
Have you ever been in love? Have you ever felt a longing to be with someone ? Do you like Vampire/Werewolf novels? Well maybe you would enjoy this l...
11.2K 1.1K 21
Death, Pain, Despair. Where is Love? It's in Misfortune -- Willow Hudson, the princess of witches used to spend all of her time playing with the hear...
8.4K 851 33
Stars, they are light, they are warmth, they are unlimited. . . All her life, young Titania has wanted nothing more than to be something other than...