My Neighbor

By Neffy1996

He wanted Sex. He always got it. She had an obsession with him, but hated him for it. Landon Robinson was a... More

My Neighbor
Chapter 1: A is for Asshole
Chapter 2: Morning After Sex
Chapter 3: Dirty Little Secret
Chapter 4: Sweet Addiction
Chapter 5: The Signs of Addiction
Chapter 6: Jealous
Chapter 7: Unexpected Confessions and Rejections
Chapter 9: Withdrawls
Chapter 10: nEXt
Chapter 11: Oddly into You
Chapter 12: Lust and Other Drugs
Chapter 13: Playing with Fire
Chapter 14: Sweet Nothings
Chapter 15: Trouble in Paradise
Chapter 16: Date Night
Chapter 17: The L Word
Chapter 18: The B Word
Chapter 19: Landon's Choice
Chapter 20: Official
Chapter 21: Apology
Chapter 22: New Flame
Chapter 23: Summertime Past-ness
Chapter 24: DEAR LANDON
Chapter 25: Love Actually
Chapter 24: Love me like you do
Chapter 25: Ghosts
Chapter 26:The Sun
Chapter 27: Dreams
Chapter 28: Decisions
Chapter 29: Dirty Little Secrets
Chapter 30: Prom Night
Chapter 31: Infinity x Infinity

Chapter 8: Problem

15.9K 503 146
By Neffy1996

  Problem -Ariana Grande ft. Iggy Azalea

Kayla's POV

"So why didn't you ride with Landon? " Alyssa asked,  glancing over at me as she drove.  

"It's nothing,  Lys, " I reply facing the window.  I didn't want to talk about Landon.  Everything was about Landon,  I didn't want to think about him.   It had only been a week and I was already pass the point of no return. 

I didn't want to think about him.   Unfortunately with us being next door neighbor it would be harder.  I was silent as Alyssa rambled on and on about her boyfriend that was in the army.

Finally she pulled into the parking lot and parked her car in it's usual space.   Without so much as a good bye I got out of the car and began to walk towards the building.   As I neared the entrance I became nervous.   I didn't know how I would handle the situation with Landon being in so many of my classes.  I knew it was going to be awkward and I wasn't quite ready to see him.

I took a deep breath walking into the building forcing a smile on my face as familiar faces greeted me.

"Hello Kayla Wright, " a suave voice said and then Ryan appeared in front of me.

"Yes,  Ryan?" I ask impatiently. 

"That's not usually the reaction I get from ladies. You're hot Kayla, I'm hot let's be hot together." I cock my brow and move pass him and continued my walk down the hall. I didn't want to endure him hitting on me. That was one of things Landon and I agreed on. We weren't going to try anything with each other's friends, but Landon and I weren't Landon and I anymore.  I walked into my first class and took my seat as usual. 

Alyssa walked in shortly after me and took the seat beside me. "Kayla,  why were speed walking in here? " she asks.

"No reason.  Listen Lys I'm not really in the mood to talk. " She quickly stopped talking,  a hurt look appearing on her face.   Without saying anything else to me she turned around and looked forward.  I didn't want to hurt her feelings,  but I just didn't want to talk about it.

I sigh looking up at my teacher as the bell rang.  The door to the classroom opened and Landon came waltzing in. 

"Mr. Robinson nice to see you're making an effort.   Lets try to be on time next time, " the teacher reprimanded. 

I didn't feel like listening to Landon argue with my teacher so I turned back to my back pack and took out my notebook and a pen.   As soon as I sat up I looked forward directly into Landon's eyes.   There was still something there between us and while I recognized that I didn't want to go there. 

We were done.   I had closed that chapter in my life and it was staying shut.  I tear my gaze away from his and turn towards the board. 

My teacher began to lecure and I zoned out,  thinking about Landon.   I hated thinking about him,  but he was constantly on my mind.

I sat there for the entire hour class period and stared down at my notebook thinking.   When the bell rang I took my time packing up my stuff.   I stood upright and began to walk out of the classroom until Landon's voice stopped me.  I glanced over at him sitting in his desk, confidently.

"Yes? " I ask,  seeming annoyed but overjoyed on the inside.

"Why are you being so cold? I didn't do anything you called it off, " he reminded me.

"I know,  it's just... I don't want... to bring up any weird feelings you know. "

"Kayla even if we don't have benefits we could still be friends right?"

"Friends, " I laugh humorlessly.  "Friends. "

"Yes,  friends.  Don't you like hanging out with me? "

"We never hung out outside of the bedroom -" He opened his mouth to say something,  but I quickly cut him off," Outside of sex.  I don't want to hang out because I know for a fact it would lead to sex and I don't want sex. I don't want to have just sex with you anymore and it's scaring me. " I blushed after I admitted all of that to him.  

I had finally said it out loud.   We had both established the fact that we had feelings for one another,  but this admission was surprising for me.   I liked Landon in more ways than sex and that was surprising to me. Even if I knew that and he probably knew that I wasn't going to let myself get brainwashed into liking him even more.  

"We could always try something,  Kayla. "

"No thank you Landon I know better. "

"What exactly is that suppose to mean." He reached out, grabbing my arm to stop me from walking out.

"It means that I know not to get involved in something that would never work.  We weren't even fucking together and that didn't work.   Landon it's inevitable,  you and I are like oil and water.  We are too different to be alike. "

"You're right Kayla,  you're so right, " he remarked sarcastically. 

"Just forget it." I tried to pull my arm from his hand but he tightened his grip as he stared me down. 

"No I want to hear about how we are so  different,  that's bullshit and you know it.  We couldn't be that different.   I actually like you for more than sex and that's not common,  this... I.. "

"Landon this discussion is over, okay?  I don't want to talk about, I don't want to hear it.  I'm going to class and -"

"Kayla look I know -"

"Mr. Robinson,  Miss Wright,  the bells about to ring get to class, " our teacher said sticking his head through the doorway.   Landon let go of my arm and I backed away moving towards the door.

"We have to talk about this," he reasoned. 

"There's nothing to talk about, " I disagreed and turned around leaving the room and walking towards my next class.
I actually like you for more than sex. 

Those words echoed in my head.  They weren't exactly the sweetest words, but they were the most surprising thing to come out of Landon's mouth.   I walked into study hall and took a seat in the corner of the room as far away from Landon's desk as possible.   When he entered the room he glanced my way.  He didn't keep eye contact for long because Jessica walked into the room and right up to him.

"Landon,  hey baby," Jessica spoke,  sitting in the seat next to his.   He took a seat and looked over at Jessica.

"Hey Jess," he smiled at her,  his eyes briefly flickering to me before they darted back to Jessica.

"So Landon,  do you want to come over tonight? " she asks. 

"Uh," He stopped,  his eyes once again flickering to me.  This time they glared at me for a while,  waiting for something.   I bite my lip and looked away.  "Sure, I'll be over later."

"Mr. Robinson lower your voice we don't want to hear about your sexcurricular activities, " Our Study Hall teacher said. 

I pull by phone out and glance through my text.   There was one from Landon,  but it was from earlier.  I had one other text from Hunter who was acquiring about a second date, while I had no recollection of a first date.  The party wasn't a date,  we were friends and nothing more.

I ignored the text and place my phone on the table in front of me.   For the remainder of the class period and most of my classes I remained silent. The dismissal bell finally rang and I hurriedly walk out of the classroom and towards the student parking lot.

Alyssa was standing beside her car with a frown on her face.   "What's wrong Lys? " I ask concerned. 

"You can't ask me what's wrong, when you wouldn't tell me what was wrong with you." She walked around her car and got in.   I sigh going over to the passenger door.  I slid into the car and fastened my seatbelt. 

"Okay,  Jake is coming back home for a little while and he wants to get married, but my parents don't want us getting married.   They say I'm too young to know what love is, " she admitted.  "Love doesn't come with an age.  I love him.  "

I had to agree with both her and her parents.   I didn't think it was a good idea to get married so young,  she was only sixteen and a junior in high-school,  but being too young to know what love was was bullshit.   Besides she was my bestfriend,  I would try to support her the best way I could. 

"Alyssa,  don't get married.   I know you love him, but wait for a little while longer. "

"But Jake -"

"If he really loves you he'd wait. " She nods and continued to drive facing forward.  We were silent as she drove me home.   When she came to my house I let out a sigh of relief.   It was becoming awkward and I needed to get out.   I knew she wanted to know about earlier,  but I didn't want to talk about Landon. 

I actually like you for more than sex.

I shook my head trying to get that sentence out of my head. I got out of the car,  saying good bye to Alyssa.   She seemed disappointed, but didn't say anything.   I closed the door and walked towards my house.   When I neared the door it opened and my mother appeared in front of me.

"Hey mom did you catch up on rest? " I ask,  slipping pass her.  She had come home last night and we sat up and talked about her trip with Sherrie. 

The entire situation with Landon's father was weird.  He seemed to care,  but why all of a sudden?  He had cared before,  but when his wife came into the picture he quickly changed that.   It left me wondering if he would do the exact same thing again. 

"Yeah,  but I'm about to go with Sherrie to see her Lawyer.   She really needs the moral support, " my mother explained. 

"Okay, " I say and she shuts the door leaving.  I walk into the kitchen with my phone in my hand and dump my bag on the floor beside the island. 

I reach into the cabinet for a small bag of cookies and take a seat on one of the many barstools. 

Being home alone for a while was nice.   I hadn't been home alone in a while,  mainly because most of the time I was with Landon.   Landon and I were always together.

Stop thinking about Landon. 

There was a knock at the door and I hop off the stool to answer it.  I opened the door,  frowning surprised. 

"Landon?  I thought you were at Jessica's house," I say confused. 

"I was... going,  but... Kayla we really need to talk.   We need to talk about this," he explained. 

"There is nothing to talk about." I attempt to close the door but he put his foot in the way. 

"There is."

I backed away,  reopening the door.  "What Landon?  What do you want? " I sigh tired.   I was tired of going back and forth with him.  

"I need to do something, " he said, and then began to approach me.   I stood there watching him as he neared me.  He stood in front of me,  cupping my cheek and bringing my face to his. 

Our lips touched and he pulled my body closer to his.  I couldn't deny that I had feelings for him, but the thing was I didn't want to have feelings for him.

He wasn't like with normal guys,  he was different.  He made my heart flutter,  but he made me want to kick him in the nuts at the same time.  It was like a pro and con battle with him.   I wanted to like him,  but then he gave new reasons not to.  

I had to stop kissing him.

I pulled away and pushed him off of me. "Stop kissing me, it makes it harder for me to think, " I say. 

He smirks dumbly," Well that means I'm  doing something right. "

"See that's the reason.  You're such a dick,  a big ol' dick and you're so cocky.   You make me so angry sometimes!" I run my hand through my hair,  pacing the floor. 

"I thought girls liked dicks."

"Yeah well not me,  Landon... Well.. ugh now I sound like a lesbian thank you,  Landon. "

"No Problem. " He grins widely and it makes me want to punch the shit out of him.

"You're an asshole."

"I try my best. "

"I've missed this,  this sexually fustrated banter we had going on. " He indicated between the two of us.

"Landon I'm not even thinking about sex right now. You... nevermind I feel like you'll never get it."

"Never get what? "

"That you're not the right guy for me.   When you kissed that girl I thought alot about the fact that you are always like that.   You can't not hurt me,  I'll just be waiting for the day that you do.  You may like me for more than just sex, but you're still you and nothing can change that. "

"And who am I? " He knitted his brows together in confusion.

"You're Landon,  the player,  the exciting manwhore and the... guy I assumed you always were.   I don't want to be hurt and that's all you're good for.  Go sleep with Jessica," I encourage and turn around,  walking up my stairs. 

"Kayla,  I understand what you're saying,  but let's take a second to recognize your part." I stopped at his words, but stayed facing the steps and not him. "You came on to me,  you dismissed me, and you went with Hunter to that party.  I may have kissed that girl,  but only because I was trying to make you jealous.   I will admit that I was trying to make you jealous, because you decided to go out with Hunter.   You shouldn't be angry either because we aren't together and according to you,  we are never going to be together. "

I close my eyes gripping the railing to the staircase in my hand as he continued, "You fucked me and then went grinding on some other asshole.  If you liked assholes so much then why don't you date me?  According to you I'm a pretty big one.  If you can trust me with your fucking body,  why can't you do the fucking same with your heart?"

"Landon you don't get it?"

"Don't get what?  That you're acting like I'm the bad guy here. I'm always the fucking bad guy,  but this time it's our fault.   My fault for being so fucking stupid and well you know yours.   I'm about to go fuck Jessica so ya know have a nice life,  Kayla. "

I was silent as I listened to him open the front door then slam it.  It pissed me off that he was blaming me for the entire situation,  even though I knew it was true.   This was my fault.  

                            ***

Landon's POV

I had told Kayla I was going over Jessica's house,  but instead I went to the local ice cream parlor and ordered a brownie fudge sundae and sulked. 

I just couldn't believe things with Kayla and I ended so quick.   One day we were happy and then we were back at square one and fighting.   I missed our daily spats,  but I also missed those sentimental moments.  I had alot of shit on my plate right now with the custody war brewing between my mother and father.   I knew I said that I wouldn't let the entire thing with Kayla consume my thoughts because of the custody thing,  but it was hard. 

I dipped my spoon into the ice cream and sighed.   Everything was going awful.  

Fucking Great. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

251K 10.2K 49
I felt a hand under my chin and then I was looking right into Aiden's eyes. "You know that I care about you, right?" He used the same hushed tone. Ai...
3.5M 89.8K 51
Highest rank #27 in Teen Fiction. Written by @apricitys. _ _ _ "What is this?" He asked, not even bothering to look at the canvas in front of me. Ins...
23.1K 738 31
(Warning! Cringey story I wrote when I was like 14!) He admitted to liking her, she did the same. Then they should be together right? Well that would...
5K 149 26
AUG. 2015~ MARCH 2016 WARNING: Super cliché and I made this when I was 15, don't judge. Meet Leah Hunter, straight A student, she's on the school's v...