His Mute Mate

By izzy_music_is_life

Winter is Mute orphan with a bad past She has trust issues She doesn't have many friends She... More

???
ch.1
ch.2
ch.3
ch.4
ch.5
ch.6
ch.7
ch.8
ch.9
ch.10
ch.11
Ch.13
ch. 14
ch.15
ch.16
ch.17
ch.18
Ch.19
ch.20
ch.21
Ch.22
Ch.23
Ch.24
ch.25
ch.26
Ch.27
ch.28
ch.29
ch.30
ch.31
Ch.32
ch.33
ch.34
Ch.35
Ch.36
ch.37
ch.38
ch.39
Ch.40
ch.41
ch.42
ch.43
ch.44
ch.45
REMEMBER ME
ch.46
ch.47
ch.48
Ch.49
ch.50
ch.51
Epilogue
Goodbye
check out my other books

ch.12

8.8K 217 23
By izzy_music_is_life

Edited by sadiaslayzpizzas

Winter

'Took you long enough' I sign as Pete finally gets here. I mean who asks someone to meet up somewhere and then shows up late, like 30 minutes late. He's lucky I decided to stay but he's gonna have to buy me food for this. "I'm sorry, the traffic was bad," he says but his ears twitch 'Still haven't gotten over your habit of twitching your ear when you lie, now what really happened?' I sign. I can't believe he hasn't gotten over that, he would do it when were kids before the accident, and then during video chats, pretty much whenever he wasn't telling the truth you'd know. "Guess I can't get past you. I fell asleep watching TV and didn't wake till about 20 minutes ago and all this doesn't happen with magic," he says gesturing to himself. 'Oh please, I've seen toads better looking than you' I sign before fake gagging. So maybe my opinion is biased because he's my brother and I will never a see him as someone who is 'cute' because ew that's my brother. 'Of course, so what did you need to talk about?' I sign and he sighs "well there's something you don't know about our family. Dad was going to tell you but well you know," he says and I do know, he's talking about when they died. A day I will always remember. 'Go on' I sign wondering what I was left out of that's so important that I need to know about it know. "Well you see, we come from a family of werewolves," he says taking a breath. "Winter, you're not just an alphas mate but you're a werewolf. In our family only the girls got the gene so I'm not one but you are and I have a feeling you're gonna shift soon," he says and I swear my head exploded. 'So you telling me mom and dad werewolves and they didn't tell me because they died before they could and you somehow found out and I'm going to shift soon ' I sign slowly because I know it's been a while since he's had to read sign language. "Um well, I've known all along. They wrote me a letter in case they died before your eighteenth birthday to tell you that you're a werewolf. They said something about you being a special wolf so it would take until then for you to shift, and you turned 18 about three months ago so it has to happen soon," he says all in one breath. ‘So I'm a werewolf ' I sign slowly not for him but because I'm having trouble understanding this.

"It's true. Here, read this when you ready," he says handing me a letter with my name on it. "I'm sorry to drop this on you and leave but I've got an interview for a job today. I can't stay here without being able to pay rent, I'll text you later," he says kissing my head and leaving. I hope he does well in his interview. This is so much to take in. I'm some special wolf and I'm going to shift soon. I look down at the letter, it's in a fancy envelope and has my name written in fancy cursive. I put it in my pocket and drive home. I have to get to work soon so I shower again and change into my IHOP uniform and head off. Maybe work will distract me from this new thing I need to think about. I mean it's not like I can say I don't want it to happen because it's not something I can change. When did my life become so unreal? First I have a werewolf mate as a boyfriend (not that I'm complaining Dean is amazing) and now I'm also a werewolf. It's a lot, you've got to agree. I'm just one person there's so much I can take before I start going crazy. I'm just kidding about the crazy part but still, it's a lot to take in. Ah, whatever I'll talk to myself about it later, right now I have to focus on making food for paying customers so I'll get paid and be able to pay my bills.

"Good afternoon Mrs. Michaels, how might you be on this fine day?" Lucas says as I walk into the kitchen. I scrunch up my face at the 'Mrs. Michaels ' part of his sentence before giving him a thumbs up. 'How might you be good Sir? ‘I sign and he smiles "I'm great," he says smiling so wide it makes me smile, sorta. "Hey, how long have you and your boyfriend been dating?" Lucas asks as I flip a pancake. 'About 2, maybe 2 and a half months why? ‘I sign and take the pancake off the pan to add all the toppings. "Wow, really? You guys seemed to have been going out for ages. Did you know him before, like were you childhood friends?" he asks and I shake my head. ‘We just met and then fell in love. It was love at first sight ' I say and he gags. "Ew, don't get all lovey-dovey on me. That stuff makes me sick," he says sticking his tongue out. ‘You just haven't met the right guy yet ' I sign and he sighs. "Oh, really now? And when I do my opinion will change, right?" ‘Yup,' I sign. As cringey and cliché as it sounds, I never really thought love was real till I met Dean. Okay, that was really cliché even for me but it's still true. Maybe that's how everyone is like, maybe nobody believes in love till they experience it. Then again why would there be hopeless romantics that swear love is the key to everything before even knowing what love is? Maybe they're just dreamers that take a lot from movies, but nothing is like the movies or books nobody falls in love and is always happy. Love never solves the problem, it might push it away for a while but it'll come back before you know it, probably bigger than before. But that's just what love is. It makes us blind and puts us in a little bubble of happiness but every bubble pops eventually.

After work, I head home and watch a few episodes of Supernatural, because of Supernatural I get a piercing headache. The headache gets so bad my left eye twitches and I can hardly see from my right eye. I stumble my way towards my medicine cabinet and try to find my pain relief medicine. As soon as I find the bottle, I take three with some water and then fall asleep because they were the kind that makes you drowsy. Hopefully, I'll be better in the morning because this hurts.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"I don't know why you hide from me I've already found you. Your brother won't protect you, he wishes I'd come and take so he wouldn't have to worry all the time," Josh says. This time I'm not running, I'm strapped to a chair in the middle of a cliff. "Dean hopes so too, maybe then he can get a thin and pretty girlfriend who doesn't have all the issues you have. I mean who wants a suicidal, depressed fat girl with social anxiety? And let's not forget the problems you have besides these, there are your headaches and your shyness, and let's not forget the fact that you can talk," he says laughing. I shake my head not wanting to listen but not having a choice either. I squeeze my eyes shut and when I open them I'm running again and he's chasing me but this time I get somewhere. The end of the cliff. Maybe I should jump and end all of this. Pete can stop worrying, Dean can get a girl who's actually pretty and doesn't have issues, and Josh can stop chasing me. Yeah, I'll just end it all. I take the last step and fall. It's fun at first, I'm flying as light as a feather just floating along. But then the ground gets closer and I stop floating I'm just falling plummeting even to my death. I squeeze my eyes shut again bracing myself for an impact that never comes. "We are gathered here today to say our final goodbyes to Mr. and Mrs. Michaels. They were loving parents to Pete and Winter Michaels and friends to all they met. I hope they are together in heaven will they will rest for eternity," the priest says as I look through tear-filled eyes at my parents' coffins, watching as they get buried underground. Then I'm falling again, right as I'm about to hit the ground my eyes shoot open.

It was just a dream I tell myself. But, it felt so real I could feel everything. The air going through my dark hair, the feeling of the cliff at my feet. When I was at my parents' funeral it was like I was a kid and they just died. It was just too real and sadly a part of me wished it was me it would've been easier for everyone if I was gone. I think as I walk into the bathroom. Pulling out my blade I watch as it shines in the dim glow of the moon before pressing it up to my wrist and dragging it across. One. Two. Three. Four. I continue until my entire wrist is full and bloody, the blood drips onto the floor. I watch in amazement as the crimson blood runs down my arm and drips onto the floor. After I do it for who knows how long, I start to feel dizzy and light-headed. Stumbling my way out of the bathroom I fall down right next to my bed. Unable to stand or even keep my eyes open, I pass out.

I wake up to my phone going off telling me I have a message. When I turn it on I see I have 14 messages from Dean, 6 messages from Pete, and 1 from an unknown number. Opening Dean's first, I can already tell he's worried because I didn't show up to school.

Dean🐺- Good morning love, see you at school. 6:40 am

Dean🐺- Hey are you here yet? I can't find you. 7:20 am

Dean🐺-Well the bell's going to ring soon so I guess I'll see you in third. 7:46 am

Dean🐺- Are you awake? Why aren't you here? 10:20 am

Dean🐺- Winter, are you okay? Why aren't you answering? 10:40 am

Dean🐺- Please just answer me and tell me you’re ok. 11:30 am

Dean🐺- Winter you and that Josh guy aren't here, I swear if he has you... 12:05 pm

Dean🐺- Where are you Winter? 12:08 pm

Dean🐺- Are you ignoring me? I'm sorry if I did something. 12:10 pm

Dean🐺- Winter I'm really worried, I can't even talk to you through the mind link 12:13 pm

Dean🐺- Pete is worried too, I just asked if he'd seen you and he said he hasn't seen you. 12:15 pm

Dean🐺- Winter please answer one of us. 1:07 pm

Dean🐺- if you don't answer then I'm coming over after this class. 1:08 pm

Dean🐺- I'm on my way, I'll be there in 10 minutes. 1:50 pm

It's only 1:53 pm right now so I brush my hair, not wanting to look completely horrible when he gets here, and then go on to read Pete's messages.

Pete❤- are you okay? Why aren't you at school and not answering Dean? 12:15 pm

Pete❤- is this about yesterday? I know I shouldn't have dumped it on you so fast. 12:17 pm

Pete❤- Came on, answer me please, I'm freaking out over here. 12:19 pm

Pete❤- Please answer, I'm worried sick about you. 1:20 pm

Pete❤- Dean is going nuts, he can't stay still, neither can I but he's like freaking out. 1:30 pm

Pete❤- Dean said he's ditching next class and checking on you. 1:50 pm

I feel really bad about not letting them know I was skipping school, I didn't think they would care. That stupid dream was messing with my head. I take a deep breath scared to see what the unknown message is.

Unknown- Hey fatty I see you're not at school today, did you not want to face me you emo freak? Dean's only with you because he feels bad. 11:57 am

I feel the tears well up in the back of my eyes but I refuse to let them fall. Who is this? Britney? She's the only one at that school who seems to think I'm stealing Dean from her even though it's up to Dean who he talks to. The only question is how did she get my number? Nobody at school has my number but Dean, Jake, Max, Alice, Kylie, and Sammie. Wait, I forgot Josh, but would he really give her my number just to see me suffer more. Probably, this is Josh we're talking about.

The door to my room opens and I quickly throw the closest thing at whoever just broke into my house. "Really, a pillow? At least I know you’re okay now," Dean laughs picking up the pillow and I blush before a sharp pain goes through my head causing me to wince. "Winter, are you okay?" Dean asks suddenly appearing right beside me, probably a werewolf thing. I just nod not wanting to worry him any more than I already have. "Are you sure?" he asks raising a questioning brow at me. ‘Yeah, I'm fine. How did you get into my house? The doors and windows were all locked, ' I say and he smiles before pulling my spare key out of his pocket. "Did you really think under the welcome mat was a good place to hide the key to your house?" he laughs and I blush. It was a pretty stupid place to hide it but still, where else was I supposed to put it? "Why didn't you come to school?" he asks suddenly, going from playful and silly to serious and worried. ‘I just have a migraine and I can't see very well when I get those so I didn't want to go. I'm fine really, ' I say waving it off. I don't want him to worry like I said before, I made him worried enough already. "Okay if you say so. Well text your brother and let him know that you're okay, I need to get back to school before they call my dad and I get in huge trouble. Bye, I love you," he says pecking my lips and leaving. ‘Okay, see you later, ' I say through the mind link. I quickly text Lucas asking him to tell the boss that I'm sick and won't be able to come to work today. I'm not sure if I mentioned it but Lucas is just starting high school and is only 15 but still, he got a job to help support his family. He replies back almost instantly with a ' will do ' and I laugh before laying down and watching supernatural because who doesn't want to watch Sam and Dean kill demons and then become demons themselves it's great.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Thanks for reading hope you enjoyed.

Real quick, does anyone have any suggestions for nicknames for Winter and Dean because I can't think of any? If you can please comment them it would really help me out. Thanks!

PS. I suck at editing so sorry about the pic above or on the side it looks terrible.

Don't forget to

Comment

&

Vote

Have a good day or night!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6M 153K 38
-COMPLETED- Audrey Allen had lived her entire life in the Dark Root pack, and every minute of it had been dreadful. Well, perhaps not every minute of...
1.2M 25.5K 57
♚ Completed ♚ The lowest of the low in Nightmoon pack, Lily Heart is pained, broken and abused, over and over again. Day after day, she has thoughts...
272K 8K 32
This book has suggestions of suicide, torture, abuse, sexual assault, and a lot of profanity 18 + only this is a dark romance with smut. Layla Rhod...
9.7M 331K 46
(Completed) My back ran into the wood door as he held my arms at my side, my breath heavy and my knees weak. "Say it." He demanded. I shook my...