DUSK TILL DAWN ~> JUGHEAD JON...

By RowanMorgenstern

"We never really see the beauty in things, until we take a really good look at them." (Riverdale fanfiction)... More

A/N
~
~Chapter 1~
~Chapter 2~
~Chapter 3~
~Chapter 4~
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
A few Moodboards
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Book 2 is up!

Chapter 21

11.9K 247 42
By RowanMorgenstern

I placed the nude lipstick onto my dresser before grabbing my keys, I passed Betty's room and peered in, She was laying on her stomach, writing into her diary I had given her for a birthday present, last year.

"Are you okay?" I asked, knocking on the door, she looked up and nodded. "Of course I am."

I smiled and held up my keys. "I'm going to pick up some things from the store, what anything?"

"No, I'm good." She replied.

Nodding my head I made my way towards my car, opening the door and got in while putting on the radio, tapping my fingers against the steering wheel, I backed out of the drive and started my way towards the store.
.
.
I gripped onto the shopping cart tightly, my phone grasped in my left hand with the Notes app showing my list of things I needed.

"Oranges, check, apples, check, where are the tea bags again?" I mumbled to myself, I had already gotten all I needed: chocolate, bread, pop, juice, etc.

"The next isle." A familiar voice spoke, looking up I saw Reggie placing some fruit into his basket. "Thanks." I replied.

"No problem, Juliet." Reggie replied. "I'm sorry for what Chuck did to you."

I gulped in shock, not believing what he said, I just nodded and stayed silent before he continued to speak.

"I'm sorry, you didn't deserve to be treated like that, Chuck was an idiot."

"Thank you, again I guess." I replied "It's all in the past now."

"Still doesn't change what happened." Reggie spoke as we both started walking towards where Reggie had told me to go, I picked up some tea bags and placed them into the cart.

My phone beeped, I looked at it and saw Jughead had texted me saying, him, Betty, Veronica and Kevin were meeting at pops.

"The Boyfriend need you?" Reggie asked smirking. I nodded my head. "Yep."

"Hey, since you are going can you give me a lift to pops? I'm meeting some friends there and I walked here."

"Sure, let me just drop these off at home, and I'll stop at yours so you can do the same."I said, as we both checked out, I dropped my things off and stopped by Reggie's so he could do the same.
.
.
The bell jingles as Reggie and I walked into pops, I looked around and saw my friends sitting in a booth, Jughead and Betty had their backs towards me as Veronica an Kevin looked up to see me. "Thanks for dropping me off!" Reggie smiled.

"It's okay." I said smiling. I gave him a short nod before walking towards my friends. I sat next to Veronica as Kevin budged up. "Why did you and Reggie come here together?" Veronica asked.

Jughead looked up at the mention of Reggie and i's name in the same sentence. "We bumped into each other when I was shopping, he asked if I could give him a ride here." I responded like it was nothing, because it was.

"Anyway, what were you guys talking about?" I said after a few seconds, Jughead suddenly went serious. "The Drive-in closing is just one more nail in the coffin that is Riverdale...no! Forget Riverdale, In the coffin of the American dream."

I was shocked, I knew how much Jughead loved the drive-In, my heart broke as I watched him rant about it. "As the godfather of indie cinema, Quentin Tarantino, likes to say." Jughead continued.

"Please! God, no more Quentin Tarantino references." Kevin exclaimed.

"What? I'm pissed, and not just about losing my job, the Twilight drive-in should mean something to us." Jughead said.

"It does, we all love it, Juggy." I exclaimed.

"Well people should be trying to save it then." Jughead replied, looking me in the eyes, I could see the anger and sadness radiating through them.

"In this age of Netflix and VOD, do people really want to watch a movie in a car?" Veronica stated, I raised my hand, but she ignored me and continued. "I mean, who even goes there?"

People who want to buy crack." Kevin replied, I looked at him and raised my hand again. "And cinephiles, and car enthusiasts." Jughead replied. "Right, Juliet?"

I looked up and made a 'hmm' noise. "Yeah, I love it there, it's magical." I smiled. Jughead smiled at me. "See, this is why I love her. She loves all the things I do." Jughead spoke, winking at me.

Veronica smiled and nudged me. "Betty?" I asked, asking for her opinion. She looked up from her daydream. "Totally." She replied.

"Anyway, it's closing because the town owns it, but didn't invest in it." Jughead started to rant again, Betty looked slightly uncomfortable as she pushed her milkshake towards me, I took a sip and listed to Jughead continue to rant. "So when an anonymous buyer made mayor McCoy an offer, she couldn't refuse."

"Anonymous buyer? What do they have to hide? No one cares" Veronica asked, I stood up and slowly started to make my way towards the counter, luckily Jughead was too interested in his conversation with Veronica to notice I left.

Hermione Lodge walked passed me holding some food in her hands, obviously for the table I just left as she walked over to them, I sat down on the stool and placed my head in my hands, a headache was beginning to form as I bit my lip.

I heard Cheryl speak as I heard a loud sound of a hand hitting the table. I looked up to Cheryl holding her hand over the check, Hermione was going to pick it up, Veronica made a quick move over to them both, why more drama? I already have a headache, Hermione took care of the situation as she walked away. Veronica going back to the table.

"Are you okay, sweetheart?" Hermione asked me, placing her hand on my shoulder. I shook my head, wincing at the pain.

Hermione walked around the counter and poured me a drink of water and placed it in front of me. "Drink this, keep hydrated if you have a headache."

"Thanks." I smiled before I took a sip. 

The door jingled as I looked over to see Archie, Mr Andrews and Grundy walk in. What an odd sight to see.

They sat down in a booth, Betty got up and walked over to them, she and Archie spoke before he got up. Both of them walking outside.

Fred Andrews saw me and waved me over, I got up, leaving my drink behind. "Hi, Ms Grundy, Mr Andrews." I politely spoke.

"Please Juliet, call me Fred." He said smiling. I felt dizzy as I lost my footing and fell hitting my head on the side of the booth. Fred stood up and helped me get off the ground, i felt a pain in my forehead and reached up, pulling back to see some blood on my fingers.

"Are you okay?" He asked, I nodded. "Yeah, I'm just clumsy." He placed me into the booth next to Grundy, she placed her hand on my arm and placed a napkin onto the cut. My falling hasn't seemed to be noticed by anyone other then Mr Andrews and
Grundy since nobody else seemed to be looking, thank you Jesus!

"I'm going to ask pops if he has anything we can put on that cut." Fred said as he walked over to the counter, pops looked over at me and grabbed something as he and Fred walked over.

"Being clumsy again, Juliet?" Pops asked smiling. He cleaned the cut and placed a plaster on my head, I laughed as I knew I probably looked stupid. "Well good things is, it doesn't need stitches." I gave him a smile and let out a small "thank you"

"Thank you." Fred said. Pop's walked away as Fred sat down, I looked over at my friends table to see Veronica standing up, walking outside. Jughead and Kevin only just noticing my missing presence as they both looked around.

"I think they're looking for you." Grundy said. I nodded. "Thanks for helping me." I smiled.

"If The dizziness comes back or the headaches, come and find me and I will take you to the doctors." Fred smiled. "Will do." I waved as I walked over to Jughead, sitting in Betty's old spot.

"There you are!" Jughead said wrapping his arm around my shoulder. "What happened to your head?" He asked, worry lacing his voice.

"I fell and hit my head a few minutes ago, I'm fine." I replied, lifting my hand to ghost over the blaster on my head before dropping my hand back onto my lap.

"Was it your headaches again?" Kevin asked as I nodded. "Yep, they're making me go dizzy most of the time."

I looked outside and saw Betty, Veronica and Archie talking, before I saw my moms car pull up. "The devil has arrived." I said.

"I need to go." I spoke kissing Jughead. "Love you."

I ran outside, "get in the car Betty, now!" Alice demanded. She then noticed me. "You too, Juliet!"

I passed Veronica and Archie while I  got into the backseat of the car and shut the door, Betty got into the front. "What have I told you about those two?" Our mom questioned "And what happened to your head?" She asked me.

"Can we just go?" I asked. "I'll tell
You at home."

Authors Note,

Sorry about the long chapter! I'm trying to get into the habit of fitting as much into one chapter as I can! So some chapters may be longer!!
.
.
~Robyn

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

229K 4.9K 69
"I am ember 'bout to start a wildfire" (Riverdale Fanfiction) I don't own the plot of this book, nor the characters, only Juliet. [Season 2] [Book...
2.6K 113 18
ALSO ON ARCHIVE OF OUR OWN Originally Published: June 05, 2018 Ended: March 13th, 2023 3RD PLACE IN THE RECOGNITION AWARDS!! Hit 1K reads on 1/10/2...
41.1K 1.9K 80
[ COMPLETED] Alice Cooper has a much darker past than she lets on. She tries to hide the truth. She fails to hide her true identity from one person...
316K 5.7K 52
here we go with my new book! super excited for this one:) also- this will have betty, veronica, cheryl, josie, all of them in it & more even. enjoy...