misconceptions | liskook

By yliayukari

love|lust|lies More

prologo
i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
;)

x

5.2K 320 108
By yliayukari

❝If M O N D A Y had a face,
I'd punch it❞

No words were uttered inside her brother's car for the duration of the drive. Jin giving her a silent treatment was way worse than a ballistic Jin. She'd rather have him shout or douse her with endless lectures than nothing at all.

All the same, silence bought Lisa the luxury of solace and time to process every option at hand. First, she can tell her oppa the truth. Straight and simple. But what will she say? That she's altogether a disappointment? That she needed saving from the trouble of her own doing?

Raw shame made her choose going along with Jungkook's plan. She's not that kid in the playground anymore, who always had her siblings defend her from the bullies. And they will not be constantly there to bail her out of every mess she's got into. It's her own problem to face and no one can deal with it except for her.

Jin parked in front of the apartment flat she was sharing with Rosé. It made her sigh with gratitude. She was not that keen of going back to their family home after what had happened last night. Taehyung would be there and facing him would just be too much to bear.

Lisa nervously watched her brother drumming his fingers on the steering wheel. She was about to tell a big ass lie, hoping to channel the inner drama queen in her. If I ever have one. Lying and acting were never her strongest point. And Jin had ways of knowing if someone is keeping secrets from him, like he's had that built-in lying sensors or something.

Then there's her Jisoo-unnie who knows everything about everyone. She had eyes and ears everywhere. Big or small gossip, she knows all about them before news can even be printed for the day's headlines. If her oppa won't get anything from interrogating her, the next logical thing for him to do is consult the gossip queen.

"Care to explain, Lisa?" Jin broke the prickly stillness between them. His tone flat. His face unreadable, giving away nothing.

She took a deep breath. Then she breathed again. And again. Until all the muscles in her body were aligned, her shoulders down and her jaw slacked. Decompression was necessary to enable her pull off a charade of that magnitude. Relaxed and focused, Lisa recounted all the fabricated stories in her mind. Everytime a lie was said - which was most of the time - she can picture a thought bubble appearing above her head with the word LIAR in bold letters.

In the middle of her storytelling, Lisa's concentration evaporated with the constant buzzing of her brother's phone. The caller must be in urgent desire to contact him granted that it had been ringing persistently since they left the Jeon residence.

She abruptly halted from speaking. "Are you not taking that call oppa? Your phone has been blowing up for a while now."

His dark brows knitted in annoyance as he mouthed her an excuse. "What is it this time?" He sounded too exhausted to be bothered. This time, she thought, shamefully eavesdropping on her brother's conversation. It must be the same person he talked to earlier this morning.

"What did you say?" Jin murmured in a low voice. He seemed upset by whatever he was hearing at the end of the line. His face averted and his chin stiff, a far cry from his calm, collected self that made Lisa anxious. "Yes, I understand...I said I'll be there..."

"Is something wrong?" She quizzed the instant he clicked his phone shut.

"Nothing. Business stuff." He put on a smooth smile which meant no further explanation will be discussed. "I'm afraid we'll have to continue this some other time, Liz. This weekend, maybe?" He reached to unbuckle her seatbelt, turning her head to face him.

His penetrating gaze was fixed on her that she can feel all her defenses melting and guilt suffocating her lungs. "Promise me, princess. Don't get yourself into trouble."

She nodded uncertainly, doubtful of how to respond.

It was all too late, oppa.

Because trouble already came into her doorstep and she gladly welcomed it in.

•◌•◌•

Monday. The first day of the week that everyone looks forward to. Not. Its that day that everyone wished would never come. Like, it should be optional or something. But Monday simply refused to disappear. It always has to come. Along with a hard slap on the face telling people to bloody get their asses ready for another hellish week.

Whoever invented Monday should be shot. Or at least that's what Lisa thought as she heaved her miserable self into the university gates. Last week, she wouldn't had minded it as much. Not today. Not when most of her weekend was completely screwed up and she's got a homicidal prick hot on her trails.

So much for an average college life she had hoped for. What more can be done? Everything has blown out of order that she can't tell the difference between normal and absurd anymore. Or the fine line separating truth from lies.

She emerged from her contemplation sensing a multitude of unfriendly eyes directed towards her. A majority of them coming from the female population. Hostile and harsh. Like a pack of wolves who would attack anytime if she crossed their territory.

The puzzling stares continued on, accompanied by loud murmurs and occasional jeers whenever she passed by a crowded hallway. They were all talking about her. Some behind her back, others less discreet. Why? Shrugging off all the unwanted attention, Lisa marched to the main building with her chin held up.

"Lisa," Rosé called out to her, pulling a concerned face. "Where were you yesterday? I was calling your phone for the like million times and all I got was your stupid voice mail. I was really worried." She added in a whisper, "Did you end up sleeping with a random guy and lose your v card?" Trust Rosé to go overboard about literally everything.

She entered her locker combination, taking out a couple of books for the first period before facing her friend. "I should be the one asking you that, Chaeng. When I went back yesterday, I didn't find you anywhere in the apartment. And you were not home last night either or this morning. So, where were you?" She argued. "You know what, don't answer that. I don't want to hear your Sunday Night Live with Park Chanyeol."

Rosé dating the university's famous quarterback was still a sore point between the two of them. Last year, Lisa nearly broke the douchebag's nose after she caught him cheating on her best friend with a cheerleader. They called it quits for a week, but eventually patched up their relationship when Chanyeol went on his knees begging Rosé to forgive him.

Lisa treated him with scorn ever since. Guys like Park Chanyeol are not the type to stay in a serious commitment. She may have threatened him once or twice that the next time her precious Chaeyoung cries, he won't get away with just a bloody nose.

"Yah! Lalisa," Rosé gasped, putting both hands on her denim clad hips. "You're the one to talk! You have a lot of explaining to do. Since when did you have two boys spilling out their guts over you? I must say that that was the highlight of the party. It was so romantic like I was actually watching a scene in a drama."

Park Roseanne and her twisted idea of romance was one of the many things Lisa simply shook her head and ignore. "Good thing Dr. Hotpants was there to break them off," Rose kept on talking. Once she started, there was no point in stopping her babble. "Otherwise, Mr. Coconuthead would have killed Yeolie's poor teammate."

Dr. Hotpants and Mr. Coconuthead, Lisa knew of. "Someone from Chanyeol's team? Like a member of the uni's varsity?"

"Uh huh. He's the newbie midfielder. I forgot his name, but from what I've heard, many girls would gladly throw themselves into him."

That pretty much explained the reason why she was receiving murderous leers from everyone. She's the nobody who caused the brawl involving the Medical Department's most favorite teacher and the university's newest eye candy. She's now the freshest talk of the town and the latest target of overly crazed football fan girls.

Lisa managed to get to the lecture hall without being harassed or strangled. Partly because Rosé insisted of walking her to class, warding off anyone with a frigid glare, before going to her vocal lesson. She took her usual seat near the window, at the very back of the room while others would mostly occupy the front or middle rows especially if Dr. Park was the preceptor.

Not her. In every class, there is that one student who kept on their own while silently judging the others. And that's her. She had more conversations in her head than she had with any of her classmates.

"Well if it isn't the new slut."

She glanced up to see a beautiful red head. Wearing a skin tight corset top paired with an equally tight jeans, only worn by someone who has enough confidence to flaunt their body. If she's not mistaken, the girl was a fellow senior called Joy. Lisa can instantly tell the dislike in Joy's tone. Like she gave a damn because the hatred was mutual.

"Is that how you became the top of the class? By sleeping with a teacher?" Her bright scarlet-painted lips slanted into a plastic smile. The comment was loud for the rest of the room to hear, earning a few snickers.

The remark did not surprise Lisa. Like any rumor in the grapevine, small details whether true or not, were supplemented to keep the gossip interesting. She was itching for a retort but decided against it. Stooping low for a basic bitch will not be worth her time and saliva.

"Not so fast." Joy stepped in front, blocking her way.

Walk it off Lisa. She made a u-turn and bee-lined to the exit when another insult was shouted. This time, it was the olive-skinned girl at Joy's right who spoke.

Lisa groaned internally at the sight of the typical queen bee and her mindless possé. Heavy make up, model figures and dressed like a harlot. Their appearance and attitude was so generic making her think that they must have taken a crash course on How to be Your Everyday Bitch 101.

Olive-skinned girl repeated, "Miss-goody-two-shoes is actually a closet whore. How many dicks did you suck to get straight A's?"

Something inside her snapped. She was sure that it was her patience. "Say that again and I'll skin you alive," Lisa hissed. She's not playing nice no more. Not when they have gone far enough to push her out of reason. "Get your facts straight before spewing nonsense on my face."

"If they're not true, then why are you running away?" Pouty lips girl on the left interjected. "Should we take it as 'guilty as charged'?"

"I'm not running away. Just keeping distance because I've heard stupidity can be contagious," she retorted. "You and your low IQ's are damaging my brain cells."

The whole class erupted in catcalls and cheers. One student started chanting "fight..fight.." and the rest followed. Another one yelled "I'm betting 10 000 won on Kim" simultaneously raising a bill in the air.

Lisa gave the three a brisk onceover, thinking on the best way to tackle them one by one. Judging by their looks, they wouldn't stand a chance.

Chaos was closing in only to be interrupted by a bored drawl. "You're not in high school anymore to have such petty arguments."

Lisa spun around to find the tall stranger from the party behind her. He has a repulsed expression lined straight to Regina George and her two lackeys. "Well? What are you waiting for Joy?"

"Are you really taking this bitch's side, Mingyu?"

"The only bitch I see here are the three of you, Sooyoung, Tzuyu, Doyeon," Mingyu scowled. "So scram."

Joy flinched at his callous tone. "Suit yourself, Mingyu. And don't think I'm done with you yet blondie." She turned on her heels and stormed out of the hall, her minions in tow.

Once the laughter and chatters died down, Lisa returned to her seat. And the guy Mingyu took the empty desk next to hers. "So...this is the part where you are supposed to thank me. I saved you twice now."

"I did not ask for your help," she curtly replied. "But, I'm sorry about what happened at the party," Lisa added noticing the purplish bruise on his right jaw and three staples above his brow. Jungkook did mess him up. What made that jerk go beserk attacking a random stranger?

The guy gave a boyish grin and chuckled. "Don't be sorry, that was my fault anyways. I thought you went at the party alone and I unknowingly tried to hit on you." Lisa gaped at his straightforwardness. How can he say something like that with a composed face? "But damn, your boyfriend was one jealous freak. He almost broke my jaw.

"By the way, you asked me that night if you know me." He pouted like a child. His mature bearings are a complete opposite of his personality. "How can you not know me when we were in the same classes for three years? I was even your lab partner in Anatomy during sophomore year."

Lectures dragged on at a snail's pace. Particularly in Dr. Santiago's Genetics class. The subject was interesting, except when the professor was a heavy weight narcoleptic. For half an hour, he stood still facing the chalkboard. All of them thought he was taking his time pondering on what to write only to find out that he was actually asleep when he started snoring.

Mingyu and Lisa shared all classes together and he refused to leave her alone for the whole day. Much to her exasperation because the guy appeared to be a notorious chick magnet and with him came a legion of fanatic girls at close watch for competition.

At the end of last period, her seatmate tapped her on the shoulder. "Hey, I was wondering if you could be my study-buddy," he asked, scratching the back of his head. "I'm falling behind Genetics and I needed help to pass midterms."

She declined without hesitation. Juggling senior year was tough as it is, and getting chummy with him will be an open declaration of war against the three quarters of the campus' population.

His mouth sagged into a lonely grimace. "Please. I'm begging you. I would do anything in exchange, name it."

"Ask someone else to help you."

What he did next left her dumbfounded. He dropped on his knees and clutched both her hands, profusely repeating his pleas.

"Yah! Stand up you moron!"

"Not until you say yes."

His antic was attracting unsought interest that people in the packed corridor milled in to take a peek. She wanted to shrink down and disappear on thin air. Some of the spectators may get the wrong idea of what's really going on.

Lisa wrenched her hands loose and muttered through pursed lips, "Fine. I'll do it. Stand up now before I change my mind and send your sorry ass to Mars."

"Sorry. Had to do that so you'll agree," he apologized but it did not sound like an apology at all. She shot a death glare at his grinning face, wishing it could hurt him in a way. "What are we going to do first, tutor-nim?"

She had no clue, but something brilliant came to mind when they crossed the school's car park and heard her stomach gave an angry grumble. "You said you'd do anything right?"

Mingyu clutched his chest defensively with a flair of exaggeration. "I never thought you wanted my body in exchange," he said, overly dramatic.

"I take it back. I'm not helping you," Lisa gnarled. "Expect to repeat a semester next year."

"Chill. It was a joke. What are your conditions?" He added with a wink, "And you can have me as extra payment."

Another fuckboy. She had quite a misfortune when it came to meeting men that Lisa can a write a memoir dedicated to it. "Not interested. How about you treat me to dinner first then we can study at the library after."

"No problem with that, there's a family restaurant around the corner and they serve the best gamjatang." He flashed her a mischievous smile, opening the car door for her to enter. "The offer on my body will be open in case you change your mind." She rolled her eyes and got into the passenger seat.

Lisa was too busy being annoyed to notice the black Porsche Carrera parked opposite.

And the pair of Jungkook's dark eyes drilling holes at their direction.

Author's Note:
kinda filler chapter..
who guessed mingyu right?
hope you're not disappointed
that i used his character
i lowkey ship him with lisa
haha

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.9K 3.4K 21
"You're supposed to put your name on Love Letters!" {Taekook}
236K 6.6K 16
𝘽𝙏𝙎 𝙫𝙤𝙘𝙖𝙡 𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙚 𝓧 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝕵𝖎𝖓𝖘𝖔𝖔, 𝕿𝖆𝖊𝖓𝖓𝖎𝖊, 𝕵𝖎𝖗𝖔𝖘𝖊, 𝕷𝖎𝖟𝖐𝖔𝖔𝖐
185K 9.1K 30
"You're really quite the man." BOOK 2 A LISKOOK FANFICTION Copyright © 𝗟𝗜𝗟𝗜𝗚𝗚𝗨𝗞𝗦 All Rights Reserved 2020. Start : 06.30.20 End : 08.19.20
70 0 7
ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏʟᴅᴇꜱᴛ ᴊᴇᴏɴ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴀʟʟ ʟᴀᴠᴇɴᴅᴇʀ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴀꜱᴋ ꜰᴏʀ, ʜᴇ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ʜᴇʀ ꜰᴇᴇʟ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ, ꜱᴀꜰᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴇɴᴛ... ʙᴜᴛ ᴡʜʏ ᴅᴏᴇꜱ ʜᴇʀ ʙᴏʏꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅꜱ ʙʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʜᴇʀ...