Drop Dead Dullahan!

By Cjethan21

[1st place BNHA Wattys General fanfics category] Izuku Midoriya is born with a rather peculiar quirk. After y... More

Mortify
More Than Immortal
Relieve Me Of This Life
End Me
Hope
Hopeless
!Announcement!

Death is Only the Beginning

15.1K 557 775
By Cjethan21

"K-Kacchan... Th-That's mean" a stuttering young boy took a fighting stance while he stood with an injured kid behind him.

"Oh. So deku's getting a bit brave eh?" A boy with explosively pointed hair said while his cronies followed up and walked to his side.

"D-Don't hurt o-other people Kacchan" The forest haired boy stated.

"Try me!" With a faux smile and a punch to his own palm, the explosive teen created a cackle of a small explosion with his punch.

Needless to say, the young boy and the kid he was defending got beaten to a pulp.

Izuku Midoriya learned at a young age that not all men are created equal. All of his friends and peers had amazing and useful quirks that could help them in daily life, or when they pursue a job. Of course, being the lucky person he is, Izuku has no quirk.

He and his mother once went to the doctor to check if he did have a quirk, unfortunately the news wasn't anything good. "I'm sorry, but these tests all say that he should have manifested his quirk already. I mean look at this, he clearly has lost the toe joint. Signifying that he's within the criteria of people having quirks." A stereotypical doctor stated while he pointed to x-rays of Izuku's foot.

"Y-You think he won't have a quirk?" A young woman with dark forest green hair asked while she looked back at her son. The boy had tears in the corner of his eyes while he held back the urge to let them flow.

"I'm not saying that, I'm just saying that you probably shouldn't get your hopes up." And there it was, Izuku let the tears flow full force before his mother inched her way to the boy while she gripped onto him.

"SShhh.... it's okay Izuku, you'll get a quirk" she stated while rubbing his back in comfort.

"R-Really?" He asked in between sobs. The woman just nodded in response while he kept on sobbing.

"A-A-And I'll be a hero?" He asked once more. The doctor watched the whole scene before him in slight sadness, it was probably the hardest part of his job. Being a modern day pediatrician, he had watched children come and go. Having some quirks, and the unlucky ones left in the dirt. But more than 80% of kids nowadays had quirks, but Izuku was probably one of the unlucky ones.

"I'm sorry for interrupting, but what are you and your husband's quirks?" The doctor chimed in.

"O-Oh. I can attract small objects towards me, while my husband had flame breath." She stated while she pulled a small allmight figurine from Izuku's hand.

"I see" the doctor rubbed his beard in thought. "It might seem farfetched, but there have been cases of offspring having quirks unrelated to their parents." The man in a lab coat stated. "Though, I wouldn't count on it, we're talking about a 1% chance that this could happen."

"S-So there's still a-a-a chance!?" Izuku asked with wide eyes.

"No no, listen to me kid. It's a small chance, but having a percentage like that, then it might as well be zero." The doctor replied back.

The mother and son duo went back home as Izuku looked like a shell of a child, his dreams were crushed thoroughly and his mother watched him break right in front of her. What was she supposed to do? Inko can give Izuku anything, but a quirk is a whole different subject.

Izuku walked upstairs and booted up his computer. He clicked and watched his favorite video. A video that picked him up through tough times, a video that gave him hope and inspired him to be better. A video that mocks him that he'll never become a hero.

Inko watched him, her own child cry in hopeless sorrow while she couldnt do anything about it. She walked slowly and crouched a little bit so she could see her child.

"M-Mom" izuku mused, turning back to his mother with tears leaking from the corner of his eyes.

"C-Can I become a hero?" He asked, pointing ot the video of all might saving dozens with a large smile plaster on his face

*I AM HERE!*

"Oh Izuku" his mother hugged him once more, this time her own tears leaks as well. izuku felt empty, his hopes are gone, his heart broken, and his dreams crushed. What else could he lose?

The next day, his quirklessness caught on to the school like wildfire. His best friend started to turn on him, Katsuki Bakugou, armed with an explosion quirk that allowed him to detonate his sweat on his palms like a grenade.

The whole class turned on him, mocking him so he knows that he's useless. Speaking of which, Katsuki has created a new name for the young boy.

Deku

Aka. Useless.

It hurt, it hurt the longer it festered inside him. The years went by as Izuku didn't change, his dreams might be crushed but the boy still wanted to become a hero one way or another.

9th grade rolled by as the 15 year old-Izuku is still tormented by his peers.

The day rolled by as usual while a few insults were thrown his way before the class started.

"Good morning everyone" the teacher boredly said while the class replied. "Goodmorning sensei"

"Since you're all third years, it's time for you to think seriously about your future." The man with a brown suit and blonde hair stated in front of the class.

"I'll pass out handouts for your future plans now, but..." there was a slight pause in his speech while he held the stack of papers.

"But you're all pretty much planning to go into the hero course, right?" With a toss of the papers, the class displayed their quirks for the whole world to see.

Cheers and hoorays were press while Izuku slumped down to his arms, shame engulfing him while the class showed their quirks off.

"Yes, Yes, you all have wonderful quirks!" The Teacher exclaimed.

"But using your powers at school is against the rules!"

"Teach! Don't lump us all in the same group. I'm not gonna be stuck at the bottom with the rest of these rejects!" Katsuki said with a smug tone.

Boos and protest capsule be heard from the rest of the class before he retaliated "You should all shut up like the extras you are!"

"Oh, If I remember correctly, you want to go to U.A. High, right, Bakugou?" The teacher asked while looking at a clipnote.

"U.A? That national school?!" Pretty much the whole class asked at the same time. "It was in the top 0.2% this year, you know!"

"Their acceptance rate is really low too,you know!" The gossip continued before Katsuki butted in again.

"That's exactly why you guys are just extras! I aced the mock test! I'm the only one at this school who could possible get into U.A. I'll definitely surpass All might and become the top hero! My name will be inscribed on the list of top earners!" With a fist pump to the sky and a proud tone, Katsuki taunted the whole class.

"Oh yeah, Midoriya wanted to go to U.A., too, right?" The teacher boredly explained.

The class died down, Katsuki looked like he froze for a minute before any sound or noise ticked

Izuku deflated once the attention wring around and headed towards him.

He cringed when the bellowing laughter of the class boomed.

"Midoriya!? Going to U.A!? That's impossible!!"

"A quirkless kid going to U.A!? Now that's a good one!"

"DEKU!" With an explosion to his desk, Katsuki sent him skidding to the back of the room.

"Your quirkless ass trying to compete with me eh?" He asked, smoke smoldering from his palm.

"N-No K-Kacchan! I-I'm not even g-going to enter the h-hero course" Izuku replied, he knew he had no chance at the hero course. But going to U.A was a life goal he had set for himself. Though he may not be able to enter the hero course, he settled for the General Education course instead.

"Good! But you shouldn't even be thinking of entering U.A, cos' if you do, I'm gonna kill your ass!" He replied.

"Bakugou, Calm down. Class is about to start, and I don't want to drag you to the principal's office for a second time this week." The spineless teacher called out.

Katsuki gave Izuku one last glare before he turned back to his seat.

>Break

The day went by as usual, insults slew, mocks were sent, and the teacher was oblivious to all of this, but Izuku would label this as a normal day. Unfortunately for the boy, normal was becoming a tiring subject. Exhausted everyday emotionally and physically from running away from katsuki and dealing with all the negativity that he faces was proving to be a harder task to deal with everyday. And it's not getting any easier.

His old childhood friend katsuki especially, since the announcement of his quirklessness, the young blonde started to become more aggressive and irritable towards the boy. Going as far as using his own quirk on the boy for no particular reason. And it's only gotten worse since then, soon after, Katsuki's cronies have started to participate in using their quirks against izuku as well.

You'd think that after a few years, Izuku's predicament would be swept under the rug. But Katsuki tells otherwise, everyday he would remind the boy on how useless he is, how worthless he is, and what a waste of space he is. It was repetitive and painful, but even though it may be repetitive, the venom drenched in his words and actions has not sullied down.

Writing down on his hero analysis notebook, Izuku ignored all the gossip and talk about his weirdness. It was a nice hobby for him, it distracted him from the horrendous reality that he lived in. It was fruitful as well, he watched a quick fight between a villain with a gigantification-type quirk against a few heroes. It was entertaining, but a few people watched in slight horror with the power the villain possessed. If only he didn't use his quirk to steal purses.

"Oi Deku" bursting the small bubble of thought Izuku had while he wrote down on his little notebook, Katsuki called followed by his two cronies.

He took the notebook that Izuku was writing in, looking at the label on the front reading "Hero Analysis for the Future XIII" he sneered, while his lackeys gave a few giggles. "The fuck is this shit deku?" Katsuki asked.

"Hero analysis? You fucking creepin on the heroes again? Deku?" Katsuki said with grimly cheery tone.

Izuku stuttered "Uhh N-No K-Kacchan" trying to take back his notebook proved to be quite the task. Katsuki moved it away from arms reach whenever the green-haired boy tried taking it. "G-Give it back kacchan" he said.

"Look. Fuckhead. I'm just gonna give you a friendly reminder, alright?" Katsuki said with an explosion to his palms, smoldering the notebook in his hand. He tossed the notebook out the open window in the classroom. He put his hand on Izuku's shoulder and he talked in a grimly cheery tone.

"Don't even think about going to U.A.,yeah?" Katsuki said, his palm on Izuku's shoulder sizzling up with heat as the boy flinched.

The boy blurted out "Y-Yeah! K-K-Kacchan!"

"Good Boy" Katsuki said before he took off his hand, showing the slightly charred garment that Izuku was wearing.

"Oh, And there still might be hope for you" Katsuki stated with the same grim and cheery tone. "You can still get a quirk" he said.

"R-Really?" Izuku asked with a false tone of hope.

"Yeah, Swandive off the roof and hope you get a quirk in your next life!" With a bellow of laughter and mockery, Katsuki went out and slammed the door behind him while his lackeys followed.

Izuku ran to the window when Katsuki left, he looked down to his notebook on a pond below. The koi nibbling on the pages, while the charred pages were soaked.

The boy gave a long sigh, his feet dragging him to go to his only place for solitude. The roof.

He dragged himself upstairs while he let the wind blow its cold air against his face. The day was beautiful, too bad the same can't be said for what he experienced during that day. A tear flowed down his eye when he went up to the railings and watched the people walk down below him, it gave him a nostalgic feeling, a feeling he wasn't too keen on.

Everyone looks so happy and content with themselves, unknowing to the depressing misery above them, watching their every step. It wasn't a surprise that Katsuki's words hit Izuku hard, it would always give him a nasty taste in his mouth whenever he would talk to the other boy. Nothing could sugar coat the sheer amount of bad scenes playing in his life.

First his quirklessness

Then losing his best friend

His best friend turning on him while his other classmates soon followed

Watching his mother hopelessly accept the fact that he's broken

Watching the teachers give him little to no attention about the bullying problem

Adults looking at him with pity

And finally, the sole emptiness that resides within him when he learned that he couldnt become a hero.

>Break

Izuku walked back towards the other side of the roof, he looked down to see the back of the school occupied by absolutely no one.

Taking one last glance at the ground below him, he saw grass, trees, concrete blocks, Metals sims for the sub-buildings, and pipes. Construction materials for the school. It wasn't surprising that the school had those materials, but it did surprise him that they didn't keep it in a shed or another building.

Walking back, he took a long and heavy breath before he steeled his mind. Nothing can help him now, and he can't take it anymore. The lump in his heart was just too painful for him to stand. The deep burning sorrow in his stomach was tearing him apart.

"Goodbye Mom, I'm sorry if I was a burden. Take care" he muttered before he broke into a sprint. And then.

He jumped

He jumped off the railing on the roof.

Unfortunately for him, his unathletic stature made his leg catch on the railing. He flopped down and fell down ungracefully

He crashed

With a loud thud and a clang of metal, a portion of the wall in the back of the school was painted in red.

Blood decorated the walls and parts of the grass and the construction materials.

Again, unfortunately for Izuku. Due to his trajectory, he hit the metal sims beneath him, neck first.

With one swift and clean cut, he was headless. The blood spurting from his neck while the lifeless eyes from his head shut still.
.
.
.
Then everything was white

Shoutout to my lovely beta reader GodAmongGods

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 72 31
Afterlife (Part 1/3) Midoriya Izuku was born quirkless, useless, and a waste of space. An outcast of society. And with his dreams and hopes shattered...
61.7K 1.1K 17
Ever since Izuku Midoriya joined U.A. High School and settled in, he knew that the League of Villains were after him and his quirk: One For All. Howe...
674K 20.7K 76
Izuku Midoriya, aspiring hero with a big secret. In a world full of quirks and werewolves, mates are a huge deal. However, Izuku is forced to watch n...