The Wizard's Queen

By emmymaereads

After facing off with Michael Noble, the young Blackwell's wizards are left tattered and defeated scattered a... More

Part 1-Devil's Advocate
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Part 2-The Wizard's Queen
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46

Chapter 38

93 14 0
By emmymaereads

Riley didn't even get the chance to process the events from the previous night. She awoke to chaos the following morning as members of her wedding party began to arrive to prepare for the wedding. Stryker had left sometime in the middle of the night after Declan's little tantrum leaving a clingy nine year old following Riley around.

Leona had come in and was trying desperately to make amends with Wren who refused to get back together with her. They had spent much of the morning arguing with each other before Luke unleashed a flaming goat to chase Leona down the hallway. With Michael away, he could get away with the harmless prank. Bethany was too tired to care and Stryker was nowhere around.

On top of Leona being a bridesmaid, Kenzie Keaton, a classmate of Riley's and Bethany's younger cousin was also joining them. She still was rude to Riley and hadn't uttered a single word to her since her arrival at the mansion. Besides that, Riley's two other bridesmaids were Sophia Blight, and Adele Magus. Sophia was currently a senior at Marblehead Academy and her father was one of the top task force members and a loyal friend to Michael Noble. Adele was a sophomore at Flamel's School of Sorcery in France and her father was the French council head and a member of the international council. Her older brother, Aaron, who was a senior at Flamel's, would be one of Luke's groomsmen along with Wren and both Isaak and Ivan Ivanovich III, the sons of Ivan Ivanovich II, a member of the International Council and the Russian council head. Declan was tasked with being the ring bearer and Kenzie's younger sister, Mirla, the flower girl.

Besides Leona and Wren's constant bickering, Luke and Aaron both had it out for each other. Apparently, they were longtime rivals. The mansion had become a madhouse full of bickering teens with Bethany left in charge while Michael had gone away. He had decided that with Luke's unexpected announcement of the change of date, the wedding party would stay at the mansion the next four days to ensure all had their attire ready for the big day.

Her bridesmaids were the first to decide on a dress. Riley really didn't care about how they looked or what color they were. She'd put them in black garbage bags if Bethany would let her. Bethany was having more fun planning the wedding since Michael just took her to the courthouse to sign the documents declaring he wasn't wasting his time on a third wedding for himself.

"Riley, which dress?" Bethany asked for the millionth time.

Riley glanced up from her thoughts studying her bridesmaids in front of her in an assortment of dresses. Sophia was in a dark navy one shoulder strap dress that was simple and floor length. Riley really didn't care for the navy color and neither did Bethany. Bethany was pushing for a bunch of silver and blues for the color scheme. Her cousin, Kenzie, was wearing a strapless sky blue aline with some silver beading around the waist and top of one breast. It was the most expensive of the dresses and Bethany's favorite. Riley liked it, but she wasn't going to let Bethany win so easily. Leona looked almost depressing in her choice of silver strapless gown that flowed down to the floor. They were still missing one bridesmaid.

"Adele, hurry up! Show us what you're wearing!" Bethany screamed.

Adele poked her head out from the bathroom, blushing as she hid behind the door. Stray strands of her chestnut colored hair threatened to come loose from her twisted bun.

"Um, I don't think you will like this one, it was Luke's choice."

"Luke picked out a dress?" Riley asked perking up.

"Yes, Sorceress," Adele gulped. "He said the other one was something the mother of the bride should wear. Well, his words were more insulting."

"Then why did you try it on? Go back and put on the other one," Bethany snapped.

"No, wait," Riley stated. She uncrossed her arms, lowering her feet down off the glass coffee table as she leaned forward in interest excited to see what Luke chose. Whatever it was would likely piss Bethany off. The other girls looked at her with curiosity as a devilish grin played out on her lips.

"Come out, I want to see it."

Adele nodded as her cheeks reddened even more as she stepped from behind the door. Luke knew how to pick out a dress, even if it was some joke. It was cap sleeved dark red lace gown that flowed to the ground hitting the girl's figure perfectly. It fit her wedding theme perfectly.

"I like it," Riley said.

"Wait, don't make a decision until you see the back." Adele gulped as she turned around.

Bethany looked mortified at the plunging backline on the child's skin. Riley smirked as she nodded her head in approval.

"Absolutely not!" Bethany screamed, "we'll just go with the one Kenzie is wearing."

"Bethany, this is not your wedding. I like the red."

"Well the dress Leona has on comes in red and so does Sophie's," Bethany protested.

"No, I like that dress. That's the one."

Bethany gasped in shock as she tried to fight back but it was no use.

"Egh, I could care less what dress we choose." Leona sighed, "but it might be a turn on to Wren."

"Red is a lovely color and its perfect for Christmas!" Sophie gleefully stated.

"Will your boobs fit in that thing?" Kenzie asked.

"Good thing I'm a wizard," Sophie winked.

At that moment, Luke decided to peek his head into the room with Isaak at his side. Aaron wasn't far behind as he froze at the sight of his younger sister.

"Riles, do you like it?" Luke asked.

"Its perfect," Riley grinned.

"What the hell is my sister wearing?" Aaron added as he stormed into the room. His green eyes narrowed in on the culprit as he prepared to draw his wand.

"Not again," Isaak groaned as he stepped out of the way. It had been like this all morning with the boys constantly trying to duel each other.

Aaron fired a hex which Luke deflected easily. "Where the hell is Stryker?" Bethany yelled as she struggled to stand.

"Can we just let them fight to the death?" Leona yawned.

"Should we try to stop them?" Sophie asked.

"I'm not crazy enough to get in between Two A ranked wizards," Kenzie snapped.

"Sophie, you're A ranked too," Adele added, "why don't you stop them?"

"I hate fighting," Sophie replied.

Riley sighed as she slowly stood up from the couch to intervene between the two boys. She was still not full strength with her magic. She really didn't want to set back her recovery having to stop these two bumbling idiots.

Her advances were interrupted by Isaak's older brother, Ivan, rushing into the room. "Guys, get to the tv room quick!"

"Huh?" Kenzie asked.

"He's alive!" Ivan cried as he went rushing back to the television. The group all followed him, gasping at the sight before them on the screen.

Declan sat next to Wren with a confused look. Riley turned to the television grabbing Luke's hand as she pointed at his sister and some strange boy standing beside her as Anna opened her mouth to the room full of council members to speak.

"Hello father, I found an old friend while on my little vacation." She smirked as her blue eyes narrowed in on the man. Riley gulped at how much Anna resembled her father in that moment with the cold stare.

"You know, that was a nice little trick you pulled," Kas grinned, "man, I wouldn't wish drowning on anyone. It sucks the tyrant isn't on your side."

"What, how?" Michael snapped as he glared at the boy before him.

"Thank your son, well his illegal potions stash and my brother's sheer stubbornness."

Luke's face broke out into a grin as he turned to Riley. "See, I knew all those potions I've brewed over the years in class would have an use someday."

"Ssh," Leona snapped as she watched the screen. Luke stuck out his tongue as his attention returned to the television.

"No, this has to be a trick. You probably used a potion to resemble Kas. He can't be alive! Show me your true identity!" Michael ordered.

"Oh, my true identity? Well, this will be fun," Kas winked as he lifted his wand into the air showing a magic trick that only he could perform. A giant black hole began to open up over his head threatening to engulf the whole room as council members screamed in fright.

"Wren, who is that boy? Why has he upset everyone?" Declan questioned.

"Declan, that's your older brother," Wren gulped as he watched the scene unfold on tv. The screen grew staticky before going off air as Michael Noble called out orders in the background to stop the broadcast before Anna could reveal any more.

"Leave it to father to limit the truth to only those in the room whom he already has under his control," Luke sighed.

"Luke," Riley gulped as she studied the death looks that both Leona and Bethany were giving them.

"Oh, I really was enjoying that, why'd they have to cut it short? Kas really favors Nikkolai," Sophia sighed.

"Soph, this isn't the time to be pining over your boyfriend," Kenzie snapped.

"Luke, what was Anna trying to say before the tv went black?" Ivan asked.

"Only the truth," Luke winked.

"I ban you from saying anything!" Bethany snapped as she raised her wand pointing at Luke.

Isaak and Aaron both stepped in front of Luke with their own wands raised. "Aaron, you protect me? I could have sworn you loathed me!"

"I do," Aaron grumbled, "but that doesn't mean I don't want to know what secret your sister is hiding."

Riley noticed sides had been taken in the room. Bethany, Leona, Ivan, and Kenzie had all sided together while Aaron, Sophia, Adele, and Isaak had taken sides with protecting both Luke and Riley. Wren stayed unmoved on the couch next to Declan as he watched the scene unfold before him. Bethany gulped seeing that she was outnumbered.

"Please, everyone let's not fight!" Sophia pleaded.

"No, I will strike you down if Luke utters a word!" Bethany snapped.

"Bethany, think this through," Ivan added.

"Shut up, ice boy!" Leona snapped.

More arguing broke out from everyone as they stared each other down. The arguing was interrupted by Leona's, Bethany's, and Ivan's phones going off simultaneously alerting them to danger.

"Huh?" Leona questioned as she glanced down at her phone.

"It seems the Resistance has been busy," Ivan added.

"Just great," Bethany snapped, "those two fools were only a decoy."

"What are you talking about?" Luke asked.

"While your sister and her toy were staging their little stunt, the Resistance have made movement. With our Captain running off, I guess I'll have to act as second in command. Leona, take Wren and go provide back up in England. Jameson and Redmund should be able to handle the incoming threat, but I'll relocate Lineas to cover that route and pull Zain from Ripper's side to return here while Ivan will meet up with both Michiko and Elias in the north," Bethany explained.

"Wait, I'm supposed to be Luke's bodyguard," Wren protested.

"Not anymore, your injuries are healed. I'll take over those duties," Bethany grinned, "and Isaak, go with your brother, we'll need your magic."

"Why both of us?"

"Well, we need to detain a corpse." 

~~~~~

I know there wasn't much action in this chapter, but I promise next chapter will have some more action and magic as we venture to the Arctic to encounter an imprisoned corpse and finally see some giants!

Share/comment/vote if you enjoyed this chapter. 

I honestly don't even know when this book updates anymore, but I aim for once a week. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 1.5K 32
•2021 WATTYS SHORTLIST• Fifteen were called, Five will be selected, Ten must die. Sixteen years ago, the shadow war took place. The Shadow Queen an...
462 5 32
Margarette Harris became an orphan when her parents got died from the night where the dark lord Maurrius King made a rebellion against the wizards an...
20.7K 1.9K 41
Everyone is still picking up the pieces after Makaela's decision. But with House Tenebris growing closer to their ultimate goal, some things may have...
60 0 25
When a couple arrives to adopt Thomas Cloverleigh, a decade-old secret is revealed to him that apparently he's the last to know. His mother was a wit...