How It Continued

By OneDLover5

***This is the sequel to "Where it All Began." I would suggest reading that first*** Uma and Harry Hook are i... More

Welcome to Auradon
Day One
Uma's Day Six
Harry's Day Six
Partners in Crime
Differences
Competition
Enemies
A Problem and a Solution
The Label of Friends
How it Starts
Prison
Excerpts
Hers
Feelings or Not
Are You Sure?
How Dare You
Possibilities
Deserves Better
Unscathed
One at a Time
Excerpts Pt. Two
Repairs
Tell Me When
Is it?
What if...
Never Stopped
Overwhelmed
You Would Just Know
Soooo D3
Terrified
Trust Pt. Two
Ready?

Leadership and Denial

1.7K 51 40
By OneDLover5

Uma's smile made a reappearance at how empty the Isle was getting. She could now walk around without having to glare at anybody that got too close every other second, now she only had to do it every other minute.

Her and Jake lead the group through the rest of the Isle as they all mentally took note of what still needed to be done and who didn't deserve to be there. Uma turned her head when something cause her eye in a store window, it was a teal and purple skirt. Not knowing the owner's daughter was inside, she was shocked that someone came rushing out to her.

"Uma!" A she shouted as she ran out, "So the rumors are true!"

Uma looked at the girl she's seen passing in the school hallways but never thought to talk to and raised an eyebrow as she said, "I guess so."

"I can't thank you enough for what you did for my little brother!" The girl said with a large smile on her face.

"What?" Uma asked confused, she hasn't helped anybody, she thought.

"Uma Care!" She said as she clapped her hands together, "The best thing that's ever happened to the Isle!"

"Uma Care?" She asked even more confused. She looked at Jake who shrugged then she turned to Evie and Ben and they just smiled.

"Yes," the girl went on, "the hospital was something we needed for so long, but never got. You have no idea how many people you saved because of it."

Uma processed what the girl was telling her and a smile crossed her face. She was the reason some people were still alive. She didn't know how to take that but she couldn't be anymore happy.

"For that, you can take anything you want," the girl said as she motioned for Uma to follow her. Uma glanced at Jake and he motioned for her to follow the girl.

Uma went inside and grabbed the skirt she was eyeing. "I have the perfect way you can finish that outfit!" The girl said as she grabbed a shirt, some jewelry, a leather coat and some shoes. She put it all in a bag and handed it to Uma, "Take it all!"

Uma grabbed the bag and her smile widened as she said, "Thank you."

The girl nodded as she finally looked over the group she came with. When she spotted Ben, her eyes widened as she said, "Is that King Ben?"

"No," Uma lied as she moved to block the girls view, "I never got your name."

"It's Heather," she answered, "Daughter of the Queen of Hearts." She attempted to look around Uma for Ben again but Uma decided that would be the end of the question.

"Well it was nice meeting you, Heather," Uma began as she turned and signaled for them to leave and when they did she said, "But we really must be going."

Heather tried to say something again but Uma didn't let her as she shoved everybody out and said, "Bye!"

Uma looked at her group and said, "We need to go faster, you've," she pointed at Ben, "been noticed."

Everyone nodded and proceeded to walk through the Isle faster. They checked the walls of buildings, looked at the food people were eating. They found the perfect place to build a park and they noticed which buildings had to come down because it wasn't safe. When the group was satisfied with the notes they made they quickly made their way back to the limo.

Halfway there Uma was stopped yet again, but instead by Smee, Uma held her breath. If Smee was here, it meant Captain Hook was coming.

"Uma!" Smee said as he stopped in front of her.

"What do you want, Smee?" Uma glared. She saw from the corner of her eye that Jake had taken a stance on her right side and Evie on her Left with the rest behind her.

Smee held up his hands in surrender, "I mean no harm, I just need you to get a message to Harry for me."

"Why would I do that," Uma growled, "Haven't you done enough?"

"No no Uma, you may not believe this but I kept Harry from getting the worst of his father's wrath," Smee said as he shook his head, "But that's besides the point. I need you to tell him that his father isn't doing so well."

"Is this some kind of sick joke??" Uma roared. Lying about someone's sickness wasn't uncommon on the Isle, it got people to do terrible things.

"No no no!" He quickly replied as he shook his head vehemently, "Don't you think he would've been here to meet you instead of me? Especially since you came with a boy that looks so much like his sworn enemy?" He turned to glare at the boy next to her. Unknowingly, Jake's beanie was sliding off and it revealed some of his unmistakable red hair.

Uma thought about it. It made sense that Captain Hook would have been there.... but... she narrowed her eyes, "That's not enough to believe you."

"I figured," Smee sighed and lifted the paper he was holding and handed it to Uma.

Uma grabbed the paper and began to read it. "It's a doctor's note," Smee added.

Uma continued to read and her heart sank a bit at what she was reading. Harry's father was in a coma, in one of his drunken rampages he fell and landed on a few broken bottles. One punctured his stomach, the other one got into his shoulders. Apparently when he fell he hit his head really hard. His concussion didn't help with his puncture wounds. By the time someone found him he lost a lot of blood, the doctors are worried that he might not wake up.

Uma looked up at Smee and glanced back at the paper, "How is he doing?"

"He's been in a coma for two days now," Smee said, his worry showing in his voice.

"And what is Harry going to do with this information? You of all people know that Harry and his father didn't have the best relationship," Uma said as she crossed her arms.

"Just tell him," he began, "he'll know what to do with the information," and with that he walked away.

Uma watched him walk away, when he was out of sight Uma turned to Jake and then to the rest of the crew. Shaking her head she said, "Come on, let's go."

The walked to the limo in silence. When they reached the limo instead of going in the other limo, Ben joined Jake and Uma.

The doors closed and the first thing said was, "Do you think Harry is going to want to go to the Isle tomorrow?" Ben asked.

Uma looked at Ben like he was crazy, "You'd think he would want to come back?"

"Yes?" King Ben answered hesitantly.

Uma laughed and shook her head, "Ben, you of all people should know that our parents didn't show us any love," her wicked smile faltered as she said, "Harry's much less than anyone."

"But," he began but Uma cut him off when she said, "Trust me, he wouldn't want to come back."

"Uma, no matter what, he's still family," Ben said.

"No he wasn't, my crew and I are his family," Uma said.

"You are," Ben nodded, "But I think he would benefit from coming back."

Uma raised as eyebrow, "And why would you think that?"

"For closure? For getting things off his chest," Ben began listing, "to feel better, to help him understand why things were the way they were."

Uma listened to Ben as he went on and sighed when she realized it was a good idea. Most likely Harry would feel a bit better if he went. But it wasn't her decision, and Harry wouldn't come back to the Isle willingly, especially to see his sad excuse for a father.

"Okay so maybe you're right," Uma gave in, "But Harry won't want to go back."

"Then convince him, Uma," Ben said, "I know you can." When Uma was about to say something he went on, "Have you figured out why you're the only one in your remedial goodness class?"

That made Uma pause, she's never really noticed until now that she was the only one. She shook her head.

"It's because your remedial goodness class is also a leadership class," he smiled, "Meaning that the class is helping you use your leadership skills for the better. This field trip was more of a test to see if I was right about you," his smile got wider, "and I was."

Uma looked at Ben, but said nothing. "You enjoy helping other people Uma, so we're teaching you the skills to get better at it."

Uma thought about the class and everything began to make sense. How she never had the same homework as her crew. How her classes were more about helping other people than what should and shouldn't be done. The faith Ben had in her made her smile inwardly. This fact was new to her, she never had words to describe the need she had to take care of people, now she did. Ben noticed something in her that not even she knew about.

"So are you up for it?" Ben asked.

Uma nodded as a smile crossed her face, "I guess so."

******************************************************************************************************************

When they finally got back to the school it was late. Uma looked at the time and raced out the door. It was the last half of Harry's practice and she would hopefully make it back by then. So she ran to the R.O.A.R practice space, up the stairs and towards the railing of the balcony.

She looked down and saw that Harry was pacing. It seemed like the team was taking a break, so she shouted, "Harry!"

Harry immediately looked up and smiled. He let out a breath he was holding and stopped pacing. He winked at Uma and Uma smiled back.

"Breaks over!" Jay said. Harry turned back and put on his mask.

They practice for another 30 minutes before the practice was officially over.

"Alright team, I want you all to go to bed early because we have our first game tomorrow!" Jay said and the team cheered. Harry rolled his eyes. "Practice over," he said and the team all headed towards the locker room.

Uma walked down the stairs and waited for Harry.

"So how are you going to tell him?" Jake asked.

"I don't know? Like ripping off a bandaid maybe?" She asked.

"Whatever you think would work," he said as he pulled off his beanie and ruffle his hair.

"Should I even tell him now? It seems like bad timing," Uma pulled her braids.

Jake looked at her, "He deserves to know."

Uma opened her mouth to say something when she heard, "I deserve to know what?" Harry strolled towards them with Manny following behind him.

Uma and Jake exchanged looks but stayed silent.

"Uma?" Harry asked, "What is it?"

Instead of telling him Uma took out the paper Smee gave to her and gave it to him.

Harry looked into her eyes and then down at the paper. He grabbed the paper and began to read.

Uma watched as a series of emotions crossed his features. Anger, sadness, wariness, worry, you name it, crossed over his eyes. When he finished he crumpled up the paper and tossed it into the trash. Without a word he began to walk out of the building. They followed. Harry said, "Well, good riddance."

"You don't mean that," Uma said as she quickened her pace to keep up with him.

"Actually, I do," Harry growled and glanced at her, "You know what he's put me through basically all my life."

"I know," Uma said as she placed a hand on his arm, "But he's still your father."

"He's not my father, never was. He doesn't deserve my attention," Harry said more to convince himself than to convince Uma.

"Yet he has it," Uma lowered her arm to entwine their fingers and give his hand a squeeze. "Ben has offered to take you back to visit him."

"Me going back?" He cackled wildly, "Not a chance in hell."

"It might be good for you," Uma suggested.

With that statement Harry ripped his hand from hers and turned to face her, "Good for me?" He laughed again, "So seeing the man who made my life a living hell would be good for me?" His voice rose near the end of his question.

"Yes Harry! I know there are things you still want to say to him. Now is the chance," Uma said back as she reached for him. Harry avoided her touch. "You'll feel better Harry, it'll do you some good."

Harry's expression changed yet again. His anger was slowly fading as a worry he didn't understand started taking over, "He was a terrible man to me, he's never done anything good for me." He turned to Uma his eyes glistening, "Why am I worried about him?"

Uma eyes softened as she went to put her hands on his shoulders and stared into his eyes, "It's because he's still your father. He's the one who taught you how to sword fight in his own way. He raised you. Taught you how to walk, to steal. You know he wasn't always a bad man until you turned 8." She lifted a hand to his hair and smiled as his eyes closed in bliss, "You're worried about losing the man from that time, not the time right now."

Harry stayed silent as emotions still crossed his face. "I'll go with you," Uma offered.

"Promise?" He asked as he opened an eye.

"Promise," Uma nodded.

A weak smile crossed his face, "Words don't work Uma Darling."

Uma smiled as she pulled him into her arms. Harry wrapped his arms around her and put his head in her shoulder. Uma turned her head to kiss his cheek and whispered in his ear, "Promise."

Harry squeezed her tighter. "Just tell me when," Uma said.

"That's my captain," Harry smiled as he pulled away.

"Anything for my first mate," She replied back.

They began walking again. Wanting to lift the mood, Harry asked, "Did anything else happen on the Isle?"

Uma nodded as she said, "Yeah," she said as she began to tell him all the things that happened. Harry listened and smiled as he imagined all the things that had changed on the Isle, for the better. His mind was still on his father but he was glad that things were getting better for the people still in that prison.

As Uma finished telling him what happened she was reminded of the one thing that's still been bugging her since leaving the Isle. "Harry, we tell each other everything right?"

"Yeah," He answered confused, "Why?"

"You sure?" Uma asked as she narrowed her eyes, "Because I've been told otherwise."

"By who?" he asked. There was only one thing he hadn't told Uma, but nobody else knew about it. He didn't understand how someone would find out.

"You should know," Uma said. Uma and Harry have known each other for years and they could tell when the other was lying. This was no different as Uma felt her heart sinking as she saw the lie in his eyes, "Don't lie to me, Harry."

Harry bit his lip as he debated what he should tell her. Little did he know, they weren't talking about the same secret. "You might not handle this well," he began.

"So she was right?" Uma asked, her bottom lip wiggles a bit. "Because she said the exact same thing."

"She?" He asked, "What are you talking about?"

"What are you talking about?" She glared.

"The fact that I like you," he answered, "Now what are you talking about?" He glared back.

"I know you like me, it's no secret," Uma scoffed.

"No, Uma. Not the way you're thinking," he shook his head, "I like you as more than a friend, I've always liked you, it's never been a joke. That's the only thing I've been lying about," he said, "Now what are you talking about?" He growled.

"What?" Uma asked as her eyes widened and her heart raced, "You like me more than a friend?"

"Of course," He rolled his eyes, "Now answer me, Uma." He got closer with each word, "What. Are. You. Talking. About?"

"Haden," she crossed her arms, "She said you guys were getting close before you left the Isle."

"Her again?" He asked, "I already told you I didn't care about her."

"Well she said things that made that hard to believe..." Uma muttered.

"Like what?" He asked as he crossed his arms.

"Like you knew I wouldn't approve of you two."

"You know I would've told you anyways, rather face you then than have you figure it out from someone else."

"Well," she scratched her head.

"No," he said as he raised an eyebrow, "For some reason everytime a girl pops into my life, you start acting like this. Melody? Haden? Two girls I feel nothing for and you start questioning my loyalty? Why is that?"

"I don't..."

"Don't you dare say 'know' because you do and you don't want to admit it." He sighed, "I've only ever liked you, chased after you but for some reason you don't seem to notice it."

"I do! I just thought it was because we were friends."

"We were always more that friends," Harry rolled his eyes.

"Yeah of course," Uma nodded, "we are the best of friends."

Harry laughed as he shook his head, "Why do you keep denying it?"

"Denying what?"

"That we were never just friends! That it was only that way because of the Isle!"

"I don't know what you're talking about," she denied.

Harry exhaled loudly as he began to pull at his hair. "You know what?" He laughed, "Forget I said anything." With that he turned and began to speed walk to his dorm.

"Harry we need to talk about this!" Uma followed him.

"No we really don't," Harry shook his head, "I should be making plans to go see my father."

"Harry!" Uma shouted as she chased after him, "Harry stop!" She groaned when he didn't, he was going to make her do something she hasn't done in years. "Harry!" She called again. When he said nothing she got ready.

Harry was walking his mind racing when he felt something, or should he say someone, hit his back, hard. He stumbled but was able to catch his and her balance before they both toppled over, "Uma!" He shouted as he put his hands under her thighs and he felt her arms tighten around his neck.

"You wouldn't listen!" She said. "You'll have to listen this way."

"I was done talking about it," he said. He lifted her higher and started to walk again.

"Well I'm not,"Uma said, "I don't want this to change anything."

"This?" he asked, "Nothing will be the same after this." He laughed, "I told you I liked you and you haven't said it back."

"You know I like you!" Uma said.

"Just not in the way I like you," he said, his heart breaking.

"How would you know? How would I know? We didn't have love in our life, Harry," Uma tried to reason. Feeling the need to look in his face she wiggled and Harry lowered himself a little to let her go. Uma climbed off and walked in front of him.

"Well I know what I feel," he said, "I've always known."

"Harry..." Uma said, her heart breaking, "I don't know what to tell you."

He laughed bitterly, "This is exactly why I kept it from you." Uma remained silent, she honestly didn't know what to say. She was speechless. Harry knew that she wouldn't handle it well, he knew but she knew that he was keeping something from her. She trapped him in a corner, and now he probably just ruined his friendship. "It's fine, Uma we're fine, you'll always be my number one."

"And you'll always be mine," she said.

"Then everything's fine," Harry said, "It's getting late, I have to get ready for the game tomorrow. I talk to you in the morning,"

"Harry," Uma sighed.

"Good night, Uma." He turned away from her. And this time Uma let him walk away.

"What just happened?" Uma asked no one in particular. "What did I just do?" She pulled at her hair, exhaled and walked towards her dorm.

Hey!!! This may just be my longest chapter ever so I hope you enjoy it. I mean talk about drama, and there's only more to come. Hehe. Updated on my phone, will fix mistakes later.

Thanks for reading!

-TheOnly

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51K 1K 35
When Mal and the other VKs leave and never return, Magnolia feels nothing but betrayal. She had no sister and the person she thought was her mother w...
1.1M 25.2K 17
Mal promised to come back for her. She promised to come back for her best friend, but she abandoned her. People change. She changed. Is it for better...
36.1K 1.1K 8
(Based off an alternate ending to Descendants 2) After Uma infiltrated the Royal Cotillion, she was defeated and captured. Months have passed since t...
112K 3K 40
Sequel to After Ever After: After choosing stay in Auradon and give goodness a shot, Uma's got more adventures in store. And let's not forget she has...