The Forgiven Bionic| Lab Rats...

By caler_jo_hyden

*Book two of Secretly Super, the Lab Rats story* Lab Rat D, but known as Destiny, finds herself intertwined w... More

Destiny
The Rise of Six
Holding out for a Hero
Power Play
The Superhero Code
Need for Speed
Follow the Leader
The List
Coming through in the Clutch
The Intruder
The Rock
Home Sweet Home: Pt.1
Home Sweet Home: Pt.2
Remember
Game of Drones
They Grow Up So Fast
The Attack: Pt.1
The Attack: Pt.2
Season Two ❤️
Shapeshift Sickness
How Long Is Forever?
Going Wonkers
Switched
The Mark
The Prophesy
The Wish: Pt.1
The Wish: Pt.2
Memory Lost
The Ghost
Quake Exposed
Inevitable
A Brave New World
Season 3
Date with Destiny
Inhumans: Pt.1
Inhumans: Pt.2
The Puppet Master
O Brother of Mine
Surprise Birthday Party
You'll Be Okay
Come Back To Us
The End
Epilogue
Last Author's Note
Epigraph by Lab Rat D

Choices

1.2K 41 15
By caler_jo_hyden

✖️✖️✖️✖️
*Third Person POV*
*Mission Command*

"Des is still one of us. What she did here was not of her own free will." Donald began, leaning against the only not broken cyberdesk. The team was hurt during the earthquake and the building was a bit trashed, but mission command took the most damage. 

"Hive infected her. She's his hostage. We need to remember that. But this supervillain messed with the wrong team, the wrong family. He thinks if he breaks our legs, we'll stop fighting, but he doesn't know how stubborn we are." Donald limped a little forward, his hand still against the cyberdesk and nodded at Douglas.

"Especially when it comes to protecting one of us." Douglas added, his arms folded across his chest. He had a cut on his eyebrow and one on his cheek. The rest of the team also had scrapes, cuts, and broken limbs.

"What's the plan?" Skylar asked, her hands on her hips.

"We know her uncle, Rodissius, and Reese's siblings are after the other superheroes. So, we definitely have to warn all of them and tell them to be on the lookout for Des, let us know if they've seen her." Chase answered, inhaling sharply and held his left side near his ribs with his right hand lightly. He was pretty sure some of his ribs was cracked. But, what hurt the most was his heart. He was losing the girl that he loves again.

"Des disabled every communications that we have. She destroyed mission command. There's nothing here now. How are we gonna get word to the other superheroes in time?" Kaz spoke up, rubbing his right shoulder, which was dislocated.

"There's not nothing. We're still here. Des could've ended us right before she left. She could've, but she didn't." Justin started, "She's still there, fighting to break free of his control over her."

"Justin's right. Des has always fought for us, has always helped us. She has never, not once, given up on any one of us. She constantly forgives us and always saves us. Now, it's our turn. Des needs our help now to bring her back." Bree agreed.

"No one's giving up on her. That's not what Kaz meant. He just meant, how are we gonna warn the superheroes without our communications tech?" Oliver also spoke up.

"I'll find my siblings and see if they know anything about Des." Reese suggested as Skylar nodded and replied, "I'll go with Reese. In case, things go south on that little rendezvous, she might need some backup."

"The rest of us can start locating the other superheroes and letting them know." Oliver also suggested as Kaz nodded in agreement.

"Donnie and I will remain here and fix this tech and the place up-" Douglas spoke up and then looked around the destroyed mission command, "Or attempt to fix it."

"I should go out there, trying to find Des-" Donald started with a shake of his head, stepping forward but staggered and held onto the cyberdesk again. His ankle and foot is broken and was hurting, but he's too stubborn to sit down and rest it.

"Mr. Davenport, you have a broken leg. You shouldn't really be walking on it or keep standing on it. We can handle this. You just stay here and help Douglas fix this." Chase stopped his father and then nodded at the team as the seven teenagers hurried out of the lab, suited up, and left.

"Donnie, we'll find her. She will come home and will be okay. D's really strong. I have my complete faith in her. She'll find her way back to her family, like she always does." Douglas assured his big brother.

"This time, it feels different..." Donald sighed, glancing down at the cyberdesk in front of him with his hands on top of the cracked screen. "Did you know about her nightmares?" Douglas looked at him in slight confusion, his eyebrows furrowed now. "She didn't want anyone to know because she didn't want to worry us. But I found out and she told me parts of the dreams."

"They're just bad dreams-" Douglas started.

"Des thought so, too, until one of them sort of happened. That symbol that was burned into her hand that day... Des had saw it in her dream that night before. She woke up, having a panic attack." Donald cut him off. "Her nightmares are about that prophesy that was placed on her when she was a baby."

"Did she ever go into detail about one of the dreams?" Douglas quietly questioned, flexing his jaw a little.

"Sort of. Des had woke up, had a major panic attack, and then murmured  "My friends... They're all gonna die..." It was disheartening to see. I hate seeing her so broken down, so tired, like that night." Donald replied, closing his eyes and let out a sad sigh.

"Me too. I hate how it feels like we keep losing her. I just... Des is the closest thing I have to a daughter. I mean, Bree's my biological creation but... Bree's more- your daughter and views you as her father..."  Douglas started, trailing off and cleared his throat.

"I know what you mean, Dougie." Donald assured, placing his hand on his brother's shoulder and dropped his hand back down onto the cyberdesk. They started to work on their equipment in mission command and fix the lab then.

***

I stood beside my uncle as Rodissius stood on his other side on somewhat of a cliff as we looked down at Centium City. "Did you bring it, Destiny?" Philip asked, his eyes never leaving the city. I nod and pull out the stone out of my backpack and look at it, handing it over to him. He looked it over once and commented, "Good work."

"That elite force will come for Destiny. They have grown rather attached to your niece. They won't stop fighting for her." Rodissius spoke up, his hands clasped behind his back.

"They will eventually give up. I've already hurt them once today." I simply remark, folding my arms across my chest and glanced over at the man and then my uncle. "I can handle them."

"They're not even a threat but a pawn to the prophesy. It will succeed. Nothing can stop it." Hive commented, looking over at me and nodded. "Are you ready for the new world, my dear niece?" I look at him with one eyebrow slightly arched more than the other and nodded. "Good. I need you to use your sonar ability and give a little warning to every superhero, including bionic heroes, to not interfere with fate. If they do, they will surely die."

"My sonar ability, it was just meant for bionic people-" I start curiously.

"I almost forgot that you don't realize how much untapped potential lies inside of you, Child. But don't fret. You'll learn." Philip replied, moving his hand across my cheek gently and cupped the side of my face. A new surge of energy washed over me as I continue to look at him. "There. Now, you know how to access that power."

"Thank you, Uncle. I won't fail you." I assured, my bionic eye lit up then while I activated my sonar ability and now could see every superhero and bionic hero. I grin a little. "I see them- I see them all." Then I send every single one of them my uncle's message.

*Third Person's POV- At Mission Command*

"Okay, every superhero has finally been warned and are now on the lookout for Des." Bree spoke up while her, Chase, Oliver, Justin, and Kaz entered mission command after stepping out of the hyperlift. "That seemed like it took forever."

The three of them moved over to Donald and Douglas who was typing on the cyberdesk. "So, how's it going with fixing this whole mess down here?" Oliver asked the two grown men.

"It's coming along. Communications are back up, so that's good." Donald started, not looking up from what he was configuring on the cyberdesk.

Skylar and Reese entered mission command and moved over to the group. "Yeah, my family's not gonna listen to me. If they know anything about Des, they're not saying. It was a waste of a trip." Reese spoke up, a little disappointed.

"No, it wasn't. At least, you tried. We tried." Skylar reassured the girl beside her as the two of them stopped beside the rest of the group.

"Yeah, and we will-" Kaz started just as a look of pain crossed the seven teenagers' faces and all fell down to their knees, each of them covering their ears with their hands and squeezed their eyes shut tightly. Painful drumming and ringing sounded in their heads.

"Guys, what's wrong?" Donald asked the team as Douglas also asked, "What's going on?" Donald knelt beside Chase and Bree, his hands on their shoulders while Douglas watched the teens in concern.

"It's- It's Des..." Oliver started with a grunt, slowly moving his hand and now held Skylar's. 

Kaz also grunted out, "She's- She's sending a- a message..."

If any of you heroes tries to stop us, we will not hesitate and destroy all of you, slowly and painfully. Destiny's voice spoke through the team's minds and every superhero's mind while inflicting excruciating agony on all of them. 

"From Hive..." Justin finished.

The seven teens' ears and noses started to bleed just as the message ended and the pain was over with now. "Des has never been able to do that kind of power before-" Bree started breathlessly as Chase added after sitting up again, "It's like what Hive did to her... It amplifies her abilities, making her unstoppable."

"And Des was already pretty powerful before. Her powers being amplified? That's a scary thought. She can wipe out an entire city if she wanted to now." Oliver began as Skylar finished, "Or an entire world. Remember? That's what that prophecy had said."

"We have to get to Des and bring her back home, find a way to break this connection Hive has over her." Justin commented. 

Reese nodded and added, "But she won't come quietly. This- bond that she's feeling with Hive right now, she thinks it's a good thing. She had said that she's happier than she's ever been." 

Justin nodded in agreement, where Reese was going with this, and finished, "That's what he makes you think. That's how twisted his power is."

"You guys might want to check this out." Douglas spoke up and turned the volume up on the flat screen television on the wall as it showed Quake on the news. 

She was currently wreaking havoc and making a lot of destruction throughout the city as well as Riker, Roman, and Rodissius's other children. One news camera zoomed in on Destiny who smirked, looked at the camera, and blasted the cameraman away from her, making him drop his camera on the ground as he crashed into the side of a building, hurt.

"We have to stop her." Chase regrettably spoke up, making everyone look over at him, "We stop her, bring her here, and we figure out a way to cure her. Easy enough, right?"

"Yeah, totally sounds easy." Bree remarked with a shake of her head and took a deep breath. She just wanted her sister to come back home and to be okay. "Let's go, guys. Let's get our Des back." 

They nodded in agreement and ran back out of mission command and headed out of the penthouse and towards where Destiny was currently at.

Donald and Douglas continued to watch their beloved Destiny wreak havoc in the streets and hurting people on the news. They knew that once she's no longer under Hive's sway, Des was going to feel extremely bad, guilty, of her actions. They knew she wasn't going to forgive herself after this is over with.

***

I was wearing my black mission suit with my new gauntlets over my wrists as I walked onto the street of Centium City. "If I'm being honest, I might actually enjoy this." I comment with a smirk, quickly dropping on one knee and pressed one hand on the pavement while my other hand was in the air behind me. I send a massive shockwave through the entire city which caused a lot of destruction. "Oh, yeah, this is what I was born to do."

"Go. Spread the destruction." I tell Riker and Roman who nodded at their siblings as all of them shifted into their swarm form and spread out through the city, causing more mayhem.

 I start walking while flipping vehicles over with my blastwave ability. Civilians ran away from me while I simply blasted them with my plasma grenades, hurting them.

"Des, stop!" Justin exclaimed while running over to me and stopping right in front of me. "We don't want to hurt you, but-" 

I simply laugh lightly and step over to my brother and finish his threat, "What? Hurt me? I'd like to see you try."

Justin shook his head slightly and commented, "Des, this isn't you-"

"That's where you're wrong. See, this is me. After all, I'm just the Destroyer-" I reply, my hands starting to glow orangish-red. Justin held his hands up in slight surrender and cut me off, "No, you're not. You're my little sister, and if you're gonna destroy this city, then you'd better destroy me as well."

I look at him with slightly narrowed eyes, my eyebrows furrowed. "Okay." I smile and blast him back with my earth ability as Justin crashed into the side of a building and hit the ground, rolling onto his back and let out a groan. 

I step over to him and now stood over him, looking down at my brother. "I didn't ask for you guys to come save me! I told you to stay away." I hover my left hand over his chest and use my earth ability, blasting him as he stifled back a pained scream. "You should've stayed away!"

I stop and punch him repeatedly and then stopped when Justin groaned out, "I'm- I'm with you- until the end, little sister..." I was fixing to punch him again but stop myself, letting out a frustrated scream, and stepped away, looking back over at him. "I know... you're still in there... Fight it."

"Did it ever occur to you that I don't want to fight it anymore?" I start back up, approaching him again just as he rolled onto his side and was fixing to sit up until I blast him back with my earth ability. I make him stand up with my telekinesis and hold him in place. "Stop trying to save me. You don't have to have pity for me anymore. I finally feel truly happy, Justin."

"Des, stop this... I know you don't need me, but- but I need you..." Justin breathed out, "Come home, please." I sling him away from me and start walking over to him. "Look at me. This isn't you-"

"You're right. It's the better me." I remark, "This is your one last chance for you to do the right thing and leave, Brother. Go home."

"You're my home. Don't you see that already?" Justin commented, "So, without you... I have no home."

"That's not my problem." I mutter, slinging him through the air as he crashed onto the ground a few feet away from me. "Go now. Next time, I won't take it so easy."

"Des, stop!" Chase now started as Bree and Skylar ran over to where Justin was laying at and checked to make sure that he was okay. I face him, Kaz, Oliver, and Reese who stood in hesitant defensive stances. "We don't want to fight you. You're part of our family."

I scoff but then grinned, "You can't stop me from being who I was born to be. It's fate. And you can't stop fate. No one can. It's time we all just stop fighting it and embrace it."

"Des, you don't have to be what they want you to be. You can be what you want to be. You can make your own choice. You taught me that. Don't make the same mistake I did." Reese spoke up.

"Whatever happened to you being on my side, no matter what I choose?" I question her in amusement. "Or was that another lie that you told me?"

"This isn't the right side. I mean, look around you, Des. You're hurting people and you even hurt your own brother. This isn't you. Okay? Believe me when I tell you this. You are not some destroyer. You show everyone hope and guide them out of their darkness and into light. You are not evil." Reese answered, taking a step forward.

I didn't say anything but blast her back with my earth ability as she crashed into the wall behind them. The sigil began to burn through on my lower arms and wrists as I glance down at my arms, which began to glow brightly. The prophesy clearly states that this child can either end the world or begin a new one but at a huge sacrifice. Thus, she will forever be known as the Destroyer.

I gasp in realization of what I just did, gaining back control over my own thoughts, actions, and over my own mind. I glance up from my glowing arms and shaky hands. Douglas and Donald then approached the team who had stood back up, including my brother.

Donald moved over to me, knowing I had stopped suddenly because I was trying to gain back control. "I know you've lost family, but look around you, Des. You've gained so much more. You have more family than you ever did. And we need you. So, fight like you've never fought before and come back to us."

I recall a memory then as I look over at each one of them, then Donald, and then glanced over at Douglas.

Douglas shook his head and let out a small sigh. "No. D, now that you seen a glimpse of what your future looks like, you can change it. Be the person that you want to be, the one that I've always seen and believed in. You don't have to be a bad person, Des, just because your future self showed up and said you are." He replied, "You can choose to continue to be good. You've chosen to be good, to save people, countless times! The point is, no one can force you to be some sort of a villain, you have that choice and only you."

My eyes began to water as I look up at him. "I said almost the same thing to Reese a few years ago and she chose wrong. What if I make the same decision? What if I'm destined to have that same fate? What if I end up failing you and Big D that you guys end up giving up on me like I gave up on Reese?"

"Oh, D. You have not failed anyone yet, okay? And Donnie and I- We could never give up on you, no matter what you had done. And, even if- unexpectedly- my brother does give up on you, I won't, that I can promise you. After all, I used to be a villain myself, nothing can make me think less of you. You're a very good person, D, with a very good heart. I will always have faith in you." Douglas commented, pulling me into a reassuring hug.

I grunt in pain as the strong, powerful energy continued to build up inside of me. Tears came to my eyes as my lip trembled while I look around at all of the destruction that I had caused. My eyes landed on Justin as a tear fell down my face. "I'm so sorry..." I murmur.

All of them began to approach me as I take a reluctant step back, my hands still glowing brightly. "I can't- I cant make it stop... It's happening." I tell them.

"Hey. Hey, focus on me. Okay?" Justin started, pulling me into a hug as I start to cry while he moved his hand to the back of my head reassuringly. "Just let it go. Let it go, Des."

I grunt in pain, the energy inside of me burning painfully. "I can't..." Then realization hit me again as I step back, now knowing what two choices the prophesy was talking about. To destroy the world, the huge sacrifice would be me destroying my entire family and absorbing their power. But to begin a new world, the sacrifice is myself.

I can't stop this growing power inside of me from exploding out or whatever, so I have to make a choice. But, there's only one obvious one. Save my friends, my family. Tears filled my eyes as I speak up to all of them, "I'm- I'm so sorry for all of the hurt that I caused you... I love you guys. You- You're my family... And I have to say goodbye- again..."

"Des, you don't have to go-" Kaz started, not fully understanding of the choice I'm fixing to make.

I hold back some tears and softly laughed, grunting in pain as the energy continued to build up inside of me, and cut him off, "I- I fully understand the prop-prophesy now. I'm not- not just some destroyer. I can be, but I'm not... I can either end the world or start a new one, both- both with a sacrifice to make... I'm choosing to- to save my family and the w-world..."

"Des, you can't... We need you." Bree started, her lip trembling as a tear fell down her right cheek.

"Sometimes true heroes have to sacrifice themselves for the greater good." I reply, the pain tripling as I squeeze my eyes shut tight briefly and gasp a little, reopening to look at all of them again. 

I smile sadly a little and shudder somewhat, trying to hold in the powerful energy as long as I can. I hug my big brother, my arms wrapped around his neck. I smile sadly and step back from him, but not before healing his wounds.

"I can't just say goodbye, Des-" Chase started, tears also in his eyes. I sniffle a little and weakly stumble over to him and hug him. "I love you." He whispered as a tear fell onto my face and I murmur to him, "I love you, too." I step back and hug the other team members and stopped in front of Donald and Douglas last.

"Des-" "D-" They both started, tears in their eyes like everyone else's. I hug them both as they held me in their arms for as long as they could. 

I murmur in a light tone, "I- I hope you can forgive me for breaking your leg, Big D."

They let go as Donald sadly laughed and nodded and replied, "You already are."

I smile and step back tentatively from all them while looking at my family one last time. I gasp in pain, looking over at the destroyed town. "One last good act..." I murmur, fixing the destruction around me with just a move of my hand. 

I stifle back another pained grunt, sniffle, and then sighed. I glance back over at my family as tears fell onto their cheeks while I put a shield around them and back them up from me.

There is both light and dark magic, you are light magic and very powerful. I channel every bit of my magic, every bit of my power, and every bit of the growing energy inside of me and then just release it all. My eyes and mouth glowed brightly as my face pointed upwards and my arms was thrown outwards on my sides.

I begin to lift off of the ground and into the air as my whole body began to glow brightly where you couldn't even see me anymore just the glowing. An energy pulsed around me then as it grew wider and wider until it surrounded the whole world like a really large shield.

The glowing started to dim as Destiny start to fall back down towards the ground; The shield around Donald, Douglas, and the team then faded as they notice their friend falling. 

"I got her." Kaz commented, flying into the air and then catching the unconscious girl in his arms bridal-style. He then landed back on the ground and moved back over to the family. "Des?" Kaz knelt down and set her down gently as everyone crowded around her.

"Is she-?" Bree started. 

Chase listened to his girlfriend's pulse and looked at everyone and replied, "She's barely breathing... Her heart's really weak."

"Stay with us, Des."

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

208K 2.4K 20
A book of imagines about Chase Davenport. Including lab rats, lab rats bionic island and lab rats elite force. Lots of fluff too. ~ Requests are open...
4K 120 17
After Mr Davenport decides the team has to split up, Bree, Chase and Harper are sent on a new mission with a new team named Elite Force. Joining forc...
179K 3K 24
Katherine Dooley was adopted three years ago, by Tasha. She still remembers her parents before they died, but not much of them. Tasha has just marrie...
286K 3.3K 13
❝𝐵𝐸𝑆𝑇 𝑇𝐻𝐼𝑁𝐺𝑆 𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑃𝐸𝑁 𝑈𝑁𝐸𝑋𝑃𝐸𝐶𝑇𝐸𝐷.❞ 𝑨 𝒏𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒍 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒃𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒃𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒊𝒄 𝒔𝒊𝒃𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈�...