Extra Fluff (#Wattys2020)

By nicole_brooks_90

**Highest Ranks**: #1 in BodyPositive #40 in ChickLit "Beauty has no weight limit." Standing at a height of 5... More

All Rights Reserved
Greetings All!
Main Peeps
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
ALERT! (Not an update, sorry)
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
One Year Prior (Pt. 1)
One Year Prior (Pt. 2)
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Aesthetics
New Cover Alert!
Chapter 36
Update!
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41, part 1
Chapter 41, part 2
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue

Chapter 18

3.5K 232 37
By nicole_brooks_90

A/N: Hello lovely readers! If ou celebrate, hope you had a nice holiday! And to those who don't, I hope you a well! Anyways, this update special for three main reasons: One, it's a bit longer. Two, we get a brief POV from Johnny's character. And Three, well, I'm sure you'll figure that out 😘 enjoy!

-----

"Kiss the girl."

'Johnny's POV'

Ten wins.

Ten straight record breaking wins.

From tonight and the preliminary openings, I had enough money to take care of rent and other bills for the next few months. And then some.

I needed this. I needed these wins to survive. Well, until my twenty first rolls around which was over a month away. And sure, I had other options-

No. I do this on my own. I have been doing this on my own.

I shook my head in effort to clear my mind. Leaning back, I rested my head against the cool red leather booth behind me. Closing my eyes, I attempted to block out all around me. In celebration of yet another win, Marco and a few others dragged me out for the evening. Apparently,  I've been more of a buzz kill as of late and since I couldn't come up with a valid excuse, it was their duties as 'bros' to show me a good time.

I could've told them. I could've just said 'hey, I'm just hung up on a girl I never had and now that you know, just fuck off'. Only that would lead to questions and insults which were two things I was not in the mood for. Also, they would try to give me a more willing female as a distraction. Opening my eyes and looking around, it seemed like that plan was already in motion.

Different females huddled around and lined up at the opening, hoping to have even a taste with the lot of us. A few were dancing around or grinding on the laps of the guys in the area. Some made their passes while I did my best to keep them at bay.

We gathered against a back wall surrounded by lush seating that overlooked the rest of the floor. A mere velvet rope kept the VIP area we were nestled in left us separate from the rest of the club. That and our own private guard that stood a few feet away that would allow the occasional female to walk through. The loud music was a simple thump against the walls and was soothing to an extent.

"Dude! You just turned down another girl! What's up with you bro?" Marco shouted, his voice slurred and footing uneven. He slouched nearby while a girl with honey blonde hair kissed at his neck.

"Not in the mood my dude," I replied, stealing his shot and downing it fast. The liquid, while cool, burned going down. I hissed at the choice: White Gold Tequila.

"Awe that was mine..." he whined.

"Its ok baby, I got something sweeter..." the girl whispered. Marco forgot me and turned back to her.

Someone please shoot me.

"Get a room," I hissed.

"I'm down! My hotel is a block away big boy," she giggled then looked my way, "bring your friend too. I got plenty of hole-"

My body shot up like a rocket, neither wanting nor needing to hear where her mind was going. A few guys praised me and while a few girls attempted to stop me, promising me a wild night and good time. I wanted none of it. Shooting the guard a quick nod, he lifted the rope for me to exit.

The music buzzed a bit louder once I was out of the lounge area. The dance floor was mostly dark with strobes flashing in a rainbow of colors. I leaned against the wall beside the rope, observing. All kind of people took over the club that evening. Drunk and Sober. Alone and Together. Singles and Duos.

My heart clenched at the amount of couples that were present. My face screwed in frustration at the heightened envy pumping through my veins. I could easily be one of them if I had sacked up and confessed.

Then what? Would that have changed anything?

I scrubbed a hand down my face as my mind flashed to Lennon. She looked so sad the last time I saw her and that image alone was permanently burned into my membrane. Why didn't I just see her that night as planned? Why did I have to open my phone and see that picture? What does it matter? She was with Kane Washington now.

Ugh!

Even thinking his name gave me the urge to spit at the earth. What did she see in him anyway? Was it his athleticism? The popularity? Security perhaps?

No, my Lennon wasn't like that.

But she isn't yours is she?

I was getting angry again and soon, green will be taken over by red.

Huffing deeply, I pushed off the wall and looked across the room. Focusing ahead, did I still my movements. No, it can't be. I squinted as I took a few steps forward hoping to gain some leverage on my sight. My jaw went slack at the sight before me.

Lennon.

Wow, she's full of surprises. Including her outfit which I may add looked absolutely sexy on her. And the way she swayed to the music was border line hypnotic. My body took more steps forward, soon getting lost in the swarm. I no longer cared that Washington may have her. I'd fight for her if I had to.

And for another reason that just came into play, I will do just that.

'End of POV'

~*~

The music pulsed in my chest and I could swear my brain vibrated between my ears. Bright lights flashed overhead, a temporary source of light to the dim area. A large dance floor took up a majority of the space with a raised DJ booth on the right side. On the opposite end was a wrap around bar that housed just as many people. Standing on my tip toes, I noticed a blocked off area to the back and signs for rest rooms in the corner.

Frowning slightly, I noted that there were only two emergency exits on either end. Looking to my left, I noticed Ash jumping in place and twitching her head around. I gave her a funny look at her choice of dance moves. Maybe she was having a seizure?

"Isn't it great?" She shouted over the music.

"Not sure if I'd say 'great'," I shouted back, making her shake her head in response.

"Want to get a drink?"

"Aren't you driving?"

"I mean for you! I really think you need to loosen up!" Ash stated as she pulled me away. To avoid the crowds, we flattened against the walls where space was more available.

"I'm ok being tighter than the average person!" That caused a few heads to turn, including Ash.

"Very poor choice of wording my dear," she called over her shoulder, giving me a flirty look in the process.

"Meaning?"

"Think about it sweetie!"

I kinda didn't want to think about it.

It took another five or so minutes till we reached the bar. Multiple lines greeted us which didn't stop Ash. She climbed to the front with a firm hold on my wrist. Others glared on and I did my best to ignore them. I hovered awkwardly behind Ash while she flagged down one of the bartenders.

"Jimmy!" She cooed, half away on the granite sideboard. An older male with bright green eyes and dark hair styled into a Mohawk turned then barreled down our end. His eyes lit up seeing Ash and he leaned over, squeezing her close.

"Ash, my love! Back again already?" He greeted, his voice a tad higher than the average male.

"Yes! I brought my bestie this time," she stated before pulling me forward.

"Ooooo, we got us a fluffy!" Jimmy stated in a chipper tone.

"And what does that mean?" I snapped back.

"A feisty one too," he wriggled his brow before grasping my hand in a quick shake. "I meant that in the highest of compliments my sweet."

"Okay..." I replied unsurely.

"Lennon, this is my guidance counselor-"

"Ex-guidance counselor," he interrupted.

Ash rolled her eyes, "ok, EX guidance counselor James Erikson."

"But please call me Jimmy honey."

"You were a guidance counselor?" I asked, looking him up and down. While not meaning to, I was being a bit judgy.

Jimmy gave a dramatic sigh. "Yes, unfortunately. A year after meeting this sweetheart before you, I was 'let go'," he said using air quotes. "Despite being oh so relatable to the student body, my 'life choices' were called into question."

My lips tugged downward, already catching his drift. Both my mothers had been in that type of situation.

"I'm sorry," I said sincerely.

"It's coolio! My boo owns the place and apparently mixing drinks was my calling!" He winked.

"And that's why we're here," Ash stated, giving me a look.

"Oh no no no honeydew! After how you behaved last night-"

"Chill out! I'm designated bitch this evening!" She paused before sticking a thumb out towards me. "It's for the sour puss beside me."

"Hey!" I protested.

"See!"

"Be back in a sec!" He grinned before sliding down the other end of the bar.

I smacked her shoulder. "What the hell Ash?!"

"You need to loosen up!"

"And you need to, er, tighten up!"

"I'm back!" Jimmy's cheery voice appeared. In front of him was a medium sized glass with a light green liquid swirling around and lime wedge as a garnish. White speckles that looked like sugar lined the rim while a few ice cubes floated at the top.

"What's that?" I questioned, flicking the straw lightly.

"A sour puss for the sour puss," he winked.

I pursed my lips, glaring at him openly. Ash laughed beside me as she handed him a twenty the pecking both cheeks.

"Thanks Jimmy!"

"Anytime sugar! Watch her after she finishes!" He stated before leaving to cater to other guests.

"Watch me why?" I called back. Getting no response, I picked up the drink and refocused my glare Ash. "Why do I need to be watched?"

Ash smirked. "The thing with Jimmy's drinks is you don't feel anything till after."

"So?"

"Sip it and you'll find out," she winked, pulling me off to the side.

Biting my lower lip, I took a hesitant sip. I smacked my lips tasting the tartness of green apple before a hint of sweetness. Yet what I didn't detect was the alcohol. That can't be right. They must be messing with me. I took a few more sips.

"Well?" Ash prodded once I was nearly finished.

"Are you sure he put alcohol in this?"

Ash laughed. "Think you can dance?"

Licking my lips, I thought about it then nodded. Slurping the rest of my drink, I set the now empty glass on a nearby table and pulled Ash behind me for a change. I pulled till we reached a semi open space near the middle of the floor and once the DJ switched songs, I started to move.

Ash cheered me on as I threw my hands up then swayed to the music. I ignored the fuzziness in my brain as I let my body run the shots. I closed my eyes as the music overtook me. I felt like I was underwater and my senses were slowing down. Never have I felt so free and calm. I guess the drink was doing its job.

I bumped against Ash a few times only to shrug it off. My eyes still closed, I pulled her closer so we could dance together. I felt her arms around me then a dampness on my neck. Did Ash just spit on me? Sighing, lifting my eyelids did the fuzziness waver. The arms around me weren't Ash's

"What do you say we get outta here?"

That was definitely not Ash. Where'd she go?!?

"She's not going anywhere with you!" A voice boomed.

My body reacted to the voice. A voice I was desperate to hear.

"Johnny!" I cried, pulling away.

"Holy shit! Quicksilver Masters!" Looking behind me, a tall guy with a bald head shook in fear. "I-I didn't k-know!"

"Now you do, so fuck off!" Johnny hissed as he pulled me to his side. The crowd thinned as he ran off. Then Johnny rounded on me, "and you!"

"What about m-HEY! What are you doing?!?"

With a firm grip on my forearm, Johnny tugged me forward to the original entrance. The crowd parted like the red sea for Johnny to push through while I protested the whole way. Once in the dark hallway, we met up with Ash and only then did he release me. Looking up from her phone, I took in the worry lines on her forehead and the watery eyes.

"Oh thank goodness! I was just trying to-"

"What the fuck Ash?!" Johnny interrupted. "Do you know better than to separate? Do you not remember what happened on Halloween? What kind of friend are you?!"

Ash's expression morphed from concern to fury. "Excuse the fuck outta me?! Did you not see the crowd? That shit happens! And did you not see me on my phone trying to locate her? Who the fuck do you think you are?!"

"Someone who actually cares for Lennon's well-being!"

"That's the pot calling the kettle black don't you think? How are you gonna tell me-"

"Guys! I'm fine okay!" I interrupted as I moved to stand between them. "Nothing happened to me-"

"And if I didn't show up, what then? You would've woken up in his bed!" Johnny yelled, his dark angry eyes on Ash.

I turned my head to face him, catching the hurtful implication in his words. And that made me realize that he really didn't care. Yes, he did intervene, but not for the reason I hoped.

"I see that you still hold me in such high regard huh Masters?" I said in an eerily quiet whisper. His eyes flickered to my own and for a moment, I thought I saw the true Johnny within. That is, until he turned away, leaving us in the corridor.

Tears pooled my eyes as I watched him walk away. The buzz from the drink had long left my system and now I was facing the consequences. Letting out breath, I turned towards Ash, ready to apologize.

"Ash, I'm so-"

"Go," she interrupted. I opened my mouth to speak and she instead shushed me. "Go after him right now!"

"Why should I?"

"Because he needs you and by the look on your face, you do too."

I gave her a quick hug before squaring my shoulders and running off after Johnny. I pushed past a few people and ended up knocking over a guard when I opened the door.

"Damnit, that's twice now!" He groaned. I helped him rise and apologized profusely.

"You said twice? Was the first guy a blonde? Kinda angry wearing dark colors?" I pleaded. The guard rubbed him neck but nodded. "Which way?" I asked. Thunder rumbled above us, reminding me of a promised rain storm.

He pointed straight ahead, "he went around the corner not a minute ago."

"Thanks!" I stated before turning on my heel and heading that direction.

In the distance, I saw Johnny crossing the street to another parking lot. Taking a breath, I rushed after him, narrowly avoiding an SUV. The driver honked and let out a rush of profanities, causing Johnny to turn. Seeing it was me, he ran back over and promptly pulled to the sidewalk.

"Seriously Lennon?! First the guy in there and now this? Do you have a death wish?" He berated.

Placing my hands on my hips, I squared my shoulders and took on my own battle stance. I wasn't going to let him insult me or intimidate me...despite being a few inches taller than me.

"I'm surprised you even give a flying fuck about me!" I yelled back. Johnny stepped back, shocked by my curse.

"Well someone has to! Does your precious Kane know you're stepping out on him?"

Now it was my turn to step back. "What does he have to do with anything?!"

"Everything! Do you not have any morals Lennon?!" Johnny was pacing now, grabbing at his hair.

I scoffed. "You really think so little of me now?"

Johnny let out a bitter laugh. "I don't know what to think anymore Lennon! But I sure as hell didn't think you were the type of girl to 'play around'. I guess that innocence was all an act huh?"

That's it.

Moving till I was right in front of him, I lifted my palm and swung forward till it made contact with his left cheek. The slap echoed around us and even caused Johnny to stumble over. He cupped his face in shock and from where I stood, his face was blaring red. I clenched my hand, hoping that'll relieve the stinging sensation. The sky rumbled above us as a light drizzle appeared; I ignored it for the time being.

"Maybe if you pulled your head out of that nice ass of yours, you could learn the facts instead of having shitty tunnel vision!"

Johnny's face was still shocked as he righted himself. But I wasn't close to being done.

"There is nothing going on between me and Kane. Yes, I did go out with him, but it wasn't even a real date! You know what happened? No? I'll gladly tell you! He confessed that he was in love with Ash! And he plans on winning her back!" I paused as Johnny's face fell in realization. "Yeah, not exactly a 'normal date'."

The hand holding his cheek fell limply to his side. He didn't meet my gaze. Even worse, he didn't respond.

"And since I'm the type of girl that 'plays around', you should know that I've only kissed two guys! Ever!" I shouted.

"Lennon-"

"One of them was joke too! A fucking joke Johnny!" I slapped my hands at my sides. "And Kane was probably thinking about Ash when he kissed me!"

"Please Lennon, I-"

"Oh don't you say you're sorry cause I'm not even finished!" I growled, holding up a hand when he tried to move forward. "But what I really want to know is how can a virgin be a play thing hmmm?" I asked, my voice breaking at the end. "H-how?" My lips were quivering as the first few tears trailed down my cheeks mixing with the rain.

Johnny looked broken and I couldn't bring myself to be happy about it. He began to move again while I rapidly shook my head. "No...you stay away!" I backed up till I felt the uneven brick against my back. He was barely a foot from me now and on the inside I was pissed that he backed me into the corner like a weak injured animal.

"Please Lennon, I am so sorry," Johnny began, his voice coming out in whispers. "Please little duck-"

"Noooooo..." I whined. Why'd he have to call me that? Even though I missed it. The rain was picking up now, soaking us to the bone.

Johnny's chest was pressed against my own which made my breathing coming out in gasps. And the tears raking my body didn't help. Both of his palms rested on the wall, my head in between, locking me in. I kept my head down in attempt to avoid his molten gaze. His forehead rested against my own and it seemed he was having his own issues with his breathing.

"I'm sorry. I'm not the best with my feelings or my anger-"

"Understatement of the year," I chimed in, unable to help myself.

Johnny chuckled before continuing, "but please understand that I was in a dark place and finding out the way I did..." he stopped, as if gathering his thoughts, "I reverted back to my old ways which was not smart. And I'm truly sorry. I take back everything that I said and if I have to, I will get on my knees and beg for your forgiveness."

I sniffled loudly as I raised my head to meet his gaze, blinking past the raindrops and tears. Looking in his eyes, although sad, they were sincere. Yet my stubborn self refused to give in so easily. I've been through too much crap and dealt with enough pain for a lifetime. Above us, thunder struck loudly causing a light rumble around us; I stood my ground.

"Why should I believe you?" I gasped, causing Johnny to lean away. "I care about you Johnny, more than I thought I could. And you hurt me. When I needed you most, you turned away. I've had enough pain lessons to tell me that I shouldn't give in and trust you! Give me one good reason-"

For the second time in twenty four hours, I was interrupted by lips crashing onto my own. Only this time, I saw stars and fireworks. Heard the orchestra and felt the sparks. The zing started at my lips and went straight to my toes. My eyes rolled back to a close as Johnny's large palms trailed to my waist. And I in turn circled my arms around his neck, pulling him closer.

Johnny pushed me harder against the wall causing me to groan. And Johnny took that opportunity to explore my mouth. I brought my hands up to grip his wet blonde locks, causing a low growl to erupt from his throat. One of his hands moved lower till it gripped my thigh before hiking my leg up around his hip.

Needing to breathe, I gasped as I pulled away. Only Johnny wasn't done. His lips moved along my jaw then down my neck, making me squirm in the best of ways. My eyes rolled closed a second time while I bit my bottom lip, suppressing another groan. Johnny's lips moved painfully slow back up my neck till he reached my ear.

I gasped again when his teeth grazed my lob and the moan I struggled to contain escaped past my lips. His heated breath tickled my ear as he began whispering in the huskiest, most sensual tone of voice.

"Was that good enough reason for you, little duck?"

-----

A/N: Omg, it happened! Omg, it happened! Are you not entertained?! But seriously though, I know the majority of you have been patiently (and not so patiently) waiting for this to happen and I appreciate it btw. So...let me what yall think...how you feel, whatever! Shower this story in all the fluff love whether it be the usual votes, faves...anything. Also, we may be halfway through this story, but that was just foreplay my dear readers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

230K 9.5K 61
Book 1: Affinity Romance series "Watch your step Eli-phant might be to big to start an earthquake." "I heard she raids the vending machine during her...
98.3K 7.2K 65
This is a story about a girl who craves real love, not just wanting to be only used for others' selfish reasons. Everyone says and comments that she...
47K 2.7K 62
Until a year ago, Kacey's life had always been easy. But when it rains, it pours, and he loses what always seemed a given. A year and a half later, h...
6.4M 233K 87
"Why do you love me? I'm fat" I said as I looked down at my feet. "Princess there's a difference between fat and thick" he said as he grabbed a hand...