Running Free (unedited)

Por xlstarlightlx

Raven and her mom have been left alone for just over a year now. That is until her step father decided to sho... Mais

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 6

272 10 1
Por xlstarlightlx

๑ Chapter 6๑ 

Walking through those doors would have been the biggest mistake of my life as I gaze upon my mother and Clark having a romantic late dinner. When Clark sees me coming in, his eyes turn dark.

“What are you doing here?!” Clark yells.

“Uh…um…” Is all I can manage to say. I’ve seen that look on his face before, and it never ended well for me. I look over to my mother but see she is no help as it seems Clark put some sort of drug in her system so she doesn’t even know what’s really going on.

“Can you please drag this pest out of here?” Clark says to his bodyguards. My drains of all color as I know what’s to come. Knowing that if I fight or scream it would last longer, I let my body go limp as the two apes drag me off. As they throw me down on the floor I prepare myself for what these bodyguards are paid to do, beat anyone who annoys Clark. 

I lay still as these men begin to land blow after blow onto my body. It will be over soon. I say to myself over and over again. I find tears flowing down my face and pray that neither see me crying, it would only make it worse. 

I start seeing stars as one land’s a punch to my face. This had never happens, they usually just hit my body but not my face. Clark doesn’t want anyone to bruise my face so when I’m walking around no one will ask questions.

“Shit I hope that doesn’t bruise, the boss will have my balls.” I hear a faint voice say. “Let’s just take her to her room now.”

I feel myself being dragged up the stairs and later find myself being thrown on the floor of my room. Getting up slowly I begin to crawl into my bed and soon black out.

╰☆╮

The next morning I find myself extremely sore from the beating I took last night. Slowly crawling to my bed I make my way to the bathroom for a nice long hot shower. I feel my muscles begin to relax as the steaming hot water begins to hit my bear skin. When I’m done I walk over to the mirror to assess the damage. The look of shock crossed my face as I see small cuts and bruises almost cover my entire body, but that’s not the worse. A large bruise was left on my cheek bone from the punch thrown to my face. Clarks going to be pissed.

After changing into a long sleeve shirt and jeans, I make my way down for breakfast. I freeze in my tracks as I see Clark standing with his back towards me in the dining room. I try to backtrack but it’s too late, he heard me come in. A look of horror passes his face as his gaze lands on my cheek.

“Shit how did this happen” Clark says. His remark puzzles me, as he has never cared for me, but now he seems to show some concern. This is quickly washed away as his horror expression turns into anger. 

“Those bodyguards are going to be dead for being so sloppy and leaving a visible bruise on your face! You’re not going to school today, I can’t risk having anyone ask questions as to where you go this bruise from.” My face falls at the thought of having to stay in this house the entire day. School is my haven, a place to escape even if it’s only for a couple of hours. I may not make friends but it’s one of the only places I can feel somewhat safe.

“No it’s okay, I could just cover it up with some make-up. That way I won’t be in your way all day.” I tell him quietly. Clark starts debating on whether it would be safe to let me leave.

“Well I was planning on spending the day with your mother” he mumbles. “Alright just make sure no one ask any questions, you hear me!”

Nodding my head in understanding I enter the kitchen to quickly eat my breakfast then head upstairs to cover up any evidence of abuse. On my way to my room I pass another bodyguard does a double take to make sure he has seen me correctly. A look of concern flashes over his face before he turns his head and walks away. Shrugging off his actions I enter my room and quickly make my way to the bathroom to cover up the bruise.

After a few minutes, you would have never guessed that behind the foundation lays a bruise. Heading out of the bathroom I see that someone has left a bottle of water and pain killers on my dresser. Not knowing where they came from but being grateful that they were left, I gladly take the pills and start to feel the pain subside.

Going back downstairs I cross Clark again. He quickly shoots out his hands to grab a hold of my arm. He stares intensely to my face before nodding at the work I did and lets me go. Sighing in relief I make my way to the garage and pick the same Camaro and take off to school.

I can’t help but stare at the size of the building in front of me. If feel like I have been transported back to the renaissance. This building has to be at least four stories tall. I take my time surveying the area and sigh with relief as no one seems to take notice of me. Looks like it won’t be hard to blend in here.

Keeping my head down, I make my way inside to try and find the main office. After getting lost countless number of times I am finally able to find it. Upon entering the office the woman sitting down behind the desk gives me an enormous grin that looks like it’s plastered on her face. Creepy.

“Good morning, you must be Raven” she almost sings.

“Um, yea that’s me. I’m here to pick up my schedule” After shuffling around a couple of folders she finally hands me one.

“This should contain you class schedule, contact information for all your teachers, where to go if you need tutoring, a map of the entire campus including directions to your class, and a list of all the clubs and sports available. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask.”

“Okay, thank you.” I say as I exit the office. Opening the folder the first things I take out are my schedule and the map of the school. Let’s see now…

1st Economics

2nd AP Chemistry

3rd Free Period

4th Gym

5th English

6th Art

7th AP Calculus

8th Health

Seeing as today is a Monday I only have first thru fourth period today. Looking down at the map I see that it has already been marked to show me where to go. As I’m studying the map, I find myself falling as I seemed to have walk into a brick wall, but when I look up I see none other than Luke looking down on me with a playful smirk.

“I didn’t think it would be this easy to make you fall for me.” Luke says still smirking as he extends a hand for me. Glaring at him, I grab a hold of his hand and in one swift movement he lifts me back to my feet.

“Oh cool you got your schedule, let me see.” Aiden says as she snatches the paper out of my hand. After a few minutes of going over my schedule he looks up with a smile on his face.

“Looks like we both have 1st period together, then you have 5th with me also.” Aiden says as he hands the paper to Luke.

“Then you have AP Calculus with me, I hope you’re smart because I’m going to need a lot of help in there.” Luke says as he hands the paper back to me. “Then all of us have gym together.”

“Oh that’s cool.” Great looks like being invisible won’t be working out. Looking back down to the map I start walking to first period with Aiden and Luke trailing behind.

As I enter the room, I’m relieved to find the back row empty and make my way to the back corner. Unfortunately Aiden and Luke follow suit and sit in the desk in front and next to me. A few minutes later the bell rings and a pack of students rush into the classroom hoping to get in before the teacher arrives. Soon after a tall slender man wearing glasses walks in the door and sits behind the desk. After shuffling through paper work he finally looks up and clears his throat. 

“Good morning class. Well its looks like we added have a new member to our family today.” As he says this I feel everyone’s eyes shift to me. Shit. 

“Well, Miss Montgomery would you like to introduce yourself?” the teacher asks. Feeling the blood rush to my face I oblige and make my way to the front of the class.

“Well hello… my name is Raven Montgomery, and I just moved here from across town…” I mumble.

“Welcome to Northington Academy Miss Montgomery, I am Mr. Stevens.” He says. I swiftly make my say back to my desk and slump down in hopes of disappearing. Soon Mr. Stevens begins his lecture and I’m rushing to try to keep up with him. It doesn’t take long for Luke and Aiden to lose interest as I see them nodding off.  Halfway through the class they are both awake with a bored expression on their faces. 

“Psssst Raven.” Aiden whispers. Ignoring him I go back to taking notes until I feel paper balls hitting me. Turing to face him I shoot him a glare and give him a questionable look.

“Hey the guys were planning on hanging out at our other friends, Jay, house later on, you think you want to go?” he ask

“Please like she would want to go with you, she’d rather go with me, right Raven?” Luke chimes in.

“Whatever I’m so much better than you in so many ways.” Aiden states.

“Oh really? Prove it then.”

“Yea I will”

“Really, how about now?”

“Yea fine”

“What-“

“Would you both just shut up!” I say giving them both death glares.

“Miss Montgomery, I know this is you first day and all but we do not tolerate students acting up.” Mr. Stevens says.

“S-sorry…” I mumble. He nods his head and continues with his lecture. Luckily Aiden and Luke stay quiet for the rest of the class period and soon the bell rings. Packing my things as fast as I can, I hastily make my way to the door and head to my next class. 

Before entering my next class I spot Robert walking towards me in the hallway. I quickly make it inside and pray he doesn’t have the same class as me, but as I look around the class room I see him already seated at a table.

“Oh cool, hey Raven looks like we have Chemistry together, come over here.” Puzzled at how he got into the classroom so fast I turn back around and spot Robert barely walking inside. Almost giving myself whiplash I turn to where I saw him sitting down. Maybe I shouldn’t have taken those pills this morning. Realization hits me as the Robert sitting down gets up and stands next to the other.

“Raven I’d like you to meet my twin brother Roman. Roman this is Raven, the one I told you about that has that nice Camaro.” Says Robert.

“Oh so you’re Raven, it’s nice to meet you.” Roman says as he takes my hand and gives it a light kiss. Blushing I mumble a hi and let them drag me over to the table. The room is arranged to where four people could sit at a table; Robert and Roman sit on one side while I sit on the other. Great looks like we’ll be doing nothing but group work here. 

The bell rings, and students file inside before the teacher makes his way inside. Thankfully this teacher didn’t make me stand in front of the class and introduce myself. When he mentioned that we would be having a lab activity next week Robert and Roman had a mischievous twinkle in their eyes. Shrugging off the uneasy feeling their look was giving me I start taking notes. Soon I start to hear little whispers, when I look over I see Robert and Roman having a little argument. 

“Robert could you stop interrupting my class.” The teacher says to Robert. 

“But I’m Robert.” Roman says

“Oh sorry I mean Roman could you stop talking.”

“What are you talking about I’m Robert.” Robert says.

“No, you’re Roman.” Roman says

“No-“

“WATSONS!! WOULD YOU BOTH JUST QUIET DOWN?!” The teacher screams.

“Yes sir” they both say in unison. The entire class erupts into laughter and I can’t help the little chuckle that escapes my lips. Both Roman and Robert turn to me with a satisfied smile plastered onto their face. After clamming ourselves down, and the twins receiving detention, the bell rings to signal the end of class. Jumping out of my seat I hurry to try and escape when two hands reach out and grab a hold of my arms. Wincing from the pain of them grabbing my bruise arms, I cover it up quickly so no one questions me.

“Where are you going Speedy Gonzales?” Robert starts

“You’re having lunch with us.” Roman finishes. I reluctantly oblige and see Aiden and Luke down the hallway talking to another student. The student they are talking to seems familiar to me, but since his back is facing me, I can’t tell. Aiden and Luke call out to us and the other student slightly turns. But that’s all it takes for the color of my face to drain as I stare at a pair of familiar blue eyes. 

 ...................................................................................................................................................................................

A\N: The school? I don't know, i thought it looked cool. ------------------------------->

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

Twisted Secrets Por Soul_Reader

Ficção Adolescente

805 119 53
Ronnie thought nothing could go wrong in her life until her family disappears one day and her life starts to spiral downwards. To be able to survive...
447K 8.4K 54
Raven Rodriguez has grown up a normal life with the future of the mafia looming over her back. A new guy moves to her school and seems to make it hi...
2.6K 200 31
"What? Are we housing the French homeless now?" I snort again. That's what her accent sounded like, French. "Raven Martin Matthews!" My mother gasped...
6.4K 195 29
A sweet girl 😇but at the same time she can be devil😈 her past is traumatized she will be suffering from depression what happened when her mom marr...