Unseen Strength

By CrimsonIllusion

Valerie Hunt was shun and seen as an abomination since her birth due to her blindness. After the death of the... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2 Part 1
Chapter 2 Part 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 21

631 30 7
By CrimsonIllusion

Hey everyone!

I know this is long overdue and I'm so sorry for giving you all false hopes! And I know that excuses aren't gonna save me! 

But finals are coming up and I have to get ready to take on those dang tests! Also I'm going to El Salvador for 2 weeks! So packing and trying to get all of my shots. And most exciting news of all.......I'm going to Australia for 5 months to study abroad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thus fellow readers, I have been trapped in a constant busy state and have been trying to get this part done as quickly as I could. Which took me over a month and I deeply, truly apologize. 

However, thanks for everyone who's sticking with me through this story! Its a slow update process, but once everything is settle I will be able to write more and more.

Also I'm currently working on a new story! Hoping to get it up soon, maybe....who knows! 

Ok enough of my yammering! Here is the new part!

Enjoy!!!!! 

Also excuse the grammar and spelling errors! :) 

She knew something was wrong.

She couldn't move her legs, arms, head or any other parts of her body.

She couldn't hear or smell, her senses were clouded to the point where she felt she was trapped in a fog.

The pain sparking from around her throat was unbearable. She wanted something cold to be laid against her skin.

She wanted water.

She wanted to move.

Her wolf was docile, barely responding to her requests.

Every once in a while, she would hear the she-wolf, but most of the time the wolf left Valerie alone, telling her to recuperate.

She didn't like the fact that she was helpless. That she was vulnerable.

She recalled what happened before her senses were all jumbled up and she was stuck in wherever the hell she was. She only knew that she was alive and she could only thank Marcus for that. Or the other possibility is if they took her as hostage and killed him on the spot.

Probably as a bargaining chip with the Bloody Star Rogues.

She hoped it wasn't the latter.

The only other thing that irritated her was the lack of knowledge of time. She didn't know if it was night or day. If a day, a week or even a month had passed.

That's what frightened her the most. And the dark numbness that continuously took over, like right now....

She finally gained consciousness again, full consciousness when she heard a voice that she instantly recognized.

“She's not staying her for the last time.” Roland's deep, authoritative voice resonated through her ears.

Roland? Here? What's going on? She thought curiously.

“And I'm telling you, she's not leaving for the last time.” Marcus retorted back, standing his ground.

“She can't stay here. You know that and I know that. If she stays she is trapped here. Do you really think that well make her happy? Being trapped in the one place where she doesn't belong?”

Valerie recognized that was Roland's reasoning voice, the mature tone that always made you believe that everything he says is correct.

“She belongs with me. I am her mate.”

“She might be your mate but she is my pack member and...” Roland let the last comment slide.

Shoot, you have to get up before Marcus finds out! Her wolf's voice penetrated into Valerie's thoughts, giving her a slight headache.

Wait, now you want me to wake up? Valerie argued.

Now is not the time to start questioning me. The she-wolf growled.

“She's your what?” Marcus questioned, she could hear the anger raising in his voice.

“None of your business.” Roland retorted.

“No it is my business, whatever concerns her concerns me.” Marcus growled, possessiveness lacing in every word.

Really, it be a good time if you woke up.

I would if I could, don't you think I would have already done that? Valerie bit back.

“If you really have to know, she's....”

Get up!!! Her wolf practically whimpered.

What happened to the big bad wolf? Valerie questioned.

“...my...”

Valerie....

“...lover...”

Well shit...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marcus saw red when he heard those words. His wolf snapping and prowling back and forth wanting to get out and rip the other male's throat for touching what is his.

His mate.

His Valerie.

Before he knew it his fist shot out and connected with Roland's jaw.

Roland stood there, taking the hit, his face to the side. He didn't raise his hand to check his jaw knowing that it was bruised. The metallic taste of blood filled his mouth and he spitted it out onto the inn's floor.

“What did you say you asshole?” Marcus growled out, grabbing Roland's collar.

“I thought the SilverMoon second in command was suppose to be more in control. I guess you can't believe in rumors.” Roland answered calmly, his eyes never leaving the other male.

“Fuck you, she's my mate. You had no right.”

“She's no longer your mate after you rejected her.”

“As long as she has that mark she still belongs to me.”

“You mean the one over her left breast?” Roland smirked, seeing the rage building further in Marcus, “Yeah I've seen it. I've seen other parts of her that you've only been imagining.”

Marcus's vision flooded with crimson.

Roland grabbed the fist before it touched his face again, he tightened his hold enough to break a normal man's bones.

“You only get one shot. Another and you wouldn't like the consequences.” Roland answered coldly, he pushed Marcus back away from him.

Marcus went in for another punch, anger and rage in his every movement.

I'm beating this bastard to a bloody pulp. Bloody Star Rogues or not. Marcus thought.

Roland stood perfectly still, merely looking at the other male. When Marcus was close enough, he grabbed onto his arm and flipped him over his back, sending Marcus flying into the wall. Marcus slumped down slowly, leaving behind a few cracks on the lightly blue painted wall of the inn.

Marcus stood up, glaring at the blonde. His amber eyes narrowing. His breathing coming in short, rapid breaths.

“You'll pay for that.”

“Like I haven't heard of that one, pup.” Roland grinned, he was itching for a fight since he got into the territory only to find Valerie badly injured for trying to save this man. He knew he should have never let her take this mission.

Marcus charged at the male, his fist raised, his face contorted by rage.

Roland stood still, a smirk playing on his lips.

A silver glint flashed between the two males, making Marcus jump back and hitting the oak dresser.

The dagger embedded itself into the door a good inch.

“Enough!” Valerie's soft voice penetrated the tension.

Both males turn to look at the bedridden female. Her throwing arm still outstretch, the other resting by her side. Her breathing was coming in sharp quick rasps. The blind eyes staring aimlessly between the males. Valerie's blonde hair limp and greasy, from lack of showering, stuck to her sweating face. The mere effort of sitting upright and throwing the dagger made her quiver as she felt her momentary strength dissipating by the second.

Roland started towards her and Marcus growled again. He was about to go in for another hit when Valerie stopped him.

“Marcus enough.” Her voice even though shaky was clear and distinct.

“Valerie....”

“Get out, I want to speak to Roland alone.”

“But...”

“I said alone!”

Marcus glared at both blondes and with clutching fists he walked out. Slamming the door behind him.

Valerie distinctively heard a lamp fall and break from outside and a couple more things shattering.

She sighed, glad that he actually listened for once.

“I hope he knows that he has to pay for the damages.” Roland muttered. His eyes taking in the female who laid back down, her eyes closed. The bandages around her neck, blended in with her pale skin.

“Roland...” She spoke after a few minutes. “How long have I've been out?”

“A week.”

“A week huh...” She pondered on that, then asked. “What are you doing here?”

“To save you.” He answered, sitting down on the wooden chair next to her bed. “Save you from yourself.”

She sighed, “I don't need any saving.”

“I wouldn't be talking right if I were you, you look like you got beaten up pretty bad. You barely survived Valerie.” His eyes softened at the female. He reached out and grabbed a hold of her hand.

“But I survived...” She answered with a smirk.

“Only because Tyrell and I showed up.”

“Tyrell is here? Where is he?” A small smile broke out on her lovely face as she thought of the mischievous male.

“On another mission, he left a few days ago.” Roland's voice was cool and calming. She missed that about him.

“I see and why haven't you left? Don't you have another mission too?”

“No, I told Oliver to take over my tasks for a little while until I bring you back.”

She sighed then, her brows knitting together in pain at the simple movement, “ You know, it isn't going to be easy getting me out of this one.”

“I'll rip that stupid son of bitch that calls himself your mate if he stands in my way.” Roland growled out, he sounded serious and she knew that he meant every word.

She squeezed his hand and smiled.

Maybe....maybe I don't want to be save from him...

VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Continue Reading