Fated to Love You: A Dramione...

Bởi HP4lyfe2020

Upon graduation, Hermione took up a post in the ministry of magic's magical law enforcement department and Dr... Xem Thêm

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 8 Part 2
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue
Sequel: Delighted to Love You

Chapter 26

14.4K 398 148
Bởi HP4lyfe2020

Draco stopped walking abruptly, almost knocking Hermione over in the process. He set her upright and stared at her confusedly. "For our what?"

Hermione smiled sheepishly. "Surprise?"

"We're getting married today?"

"Only if you want to," she said quickly. "I just figured all of our loved ones are here and we can avoid the press because they're inside distracted by the party, and it can be on our terms--"

Draco shut her up with a searing kiss. "Hermione Granger, you wonderful witch. Of course I'll marry you today! If it were up to me, I would have married you years ago."

Hermione beamed up at him and laughed, taking him by the hand. "Come with me."

They entered an area of the garden secluded by magic. Both Hermione and Draco gasped. Though Hermione had planned the surprise wedding, she hadn't yet seen the fruits of her labor. Their close friends and family were seated in an arch around a beautiful fountain where Kingsley stood waiting to perform the ceremony. All of the Weasley's and their significant others were there, aside from Charlie, Bill and Fleur. The Potter's, Draco's mother and her beau, Luna and her husband as well as Neville, Parvati Patil, Hannah Abbot and Dean and Seamus were also present. Hermione's parents and grandmother were seated in the front row talking with Harry and Mrs. Weasley. Fairy lights were strung from the trees and soft classical music was playing in the background.

Draco turned to Hermione, astonished by what was before them and kissed her forehead. "This is amazing Herms!" He said incredulously. "When did you have time to do all of this?"

"Pansy and Ginny put it all together really. I just told them what I wanted. Do you like it?"

"It's perfect."

Mathias Granger walked up to the pair and extended his hand to Draco. "Not crazy about just meeting you a few days ago and having to give my daughter away so quickly. But it's very clear that you love her so I suppose I'll allow it."

Jean joined them as Draco and Mathias shook hands. She snorted at her husband. "As if Hermione needs your permission." She turned to Draco. "They're ready for you up front Draco." She smiled at her daughter and handed her a bouquet of chrysanthemums, pressing a kiss to her cheek, before guiding Draco up to the front where Blaise and Theo were standing with Ginny and Pansy.

Mathias turned his attention to his daughter, his only child. "My sweet Hermione." He pulled her into a hug and kissed the top of her head. "You're going to make a great wife and mother. If you're happy, I'm happy too."

"I am dad. I really am." She smiled and took his arm so he could lead her to Draco.

Everyone else faded into the background as Hermione walked toward Draco, toward her future. She thought about their crazy journey to each other. From their last year at Hogwarts to their extended separation. Finding out about Lucius' nefarious plans and Narcissa's other family. Finding out she was pregnant to now: the moment where they would become husband and wife. It was a little sooner than she had planned but then again, life has a way of getting in the way of plans more often than not.

Hermione and Mathias reached the fountain where Draco was waiting with a wide smile.

"I would say take care of my daughter but Hermione's proven time and time again that she doesn't need anyone to take care of her." Everyone laughed lightheartedly. "So I'll just say, take care of each other," Mathias said, as he placed Hermione's hand in Draco's.

Kingsley began the ceremony and soon it was time for them to say their vows and exchange rings.

Hermione leaned in toward Draco and whispered, "I know I didn't give you time to prepare anything so don't worry, we can just say the generic vows and repeat after Kingsley. And we can do the rings later."

"I'm sure I'll think of something. Go ahead and say what you prepared; I know you worked hard on it." He winked at her.

She nodded with a smile and took a piece of parchment from Ginny with shaky hands. "Draco. Who would have ever thought that we would be here today? I certainly didn't." She chuckled nervously. "When I met you thirteen years ago, you were an arrogant and rude little boy. Then the war happened and we were all forced to grow up way too soon. After the war, I learned a different side of you. You're funny, caring and sweet, and way too overprotective of me."

She smiled as their guests and Draco laughed. "You're my intellectual match and you challenge me to be a better person everyday. I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm so happy that I get to spend the rest of my life learning all the different sides of you and that I love you."

"That was beautiful Hermione," Kingsley said before turning to Draco. "Your turn Draco."

"Hermione has done a wonderful job of planning this surprise wedding," he said to their guests. "Unfortunately, the surprise aspect gave me no time to prepare anything."

Hermione flushed and gave him an apologetic look.

"Or so she thinks." Draco reached into his suit pocket and pulled out a worn, folded up piece of parchment and a ring box. Hermione was shocked. "I started writing my vows to you, Hermione, before you even agreed to be my girlfriend. I have known that I wanted to spend my life with you since our last year at Hogwarts. I started carrying this piece of parchment and this ring with me a few weeks ago, when you were getting frustrated with all the planning. I figured you'd eventually suggest eloping and I wanted to be prepared."

Hermione couldn't stop the tears that were falling down her face as they all laughed and Draco unfolded the piece of parchment and started reading.

"Hermione Jean Granger. I don't know if I'll ever get to read this to you but I'm writing it just in case. You are truly the most spectacular person I know. You are brilliant, kind, witty and beautiful. I don't believe that I, someone who has done so much bad in my life, deserve someone as good and pure as you. But if you'll have me, I will spend the rest of my days doing anything I can to become good enough to deserve you."

He paused to wipe the tears from her face. "I promise to love you, to tell you how beautiful you are everyday and to be faithful to you, and only you until my dying breath."

He took her hand and placed the ring on her finger. Ginny handed Hermione a ring box much to her astonishment.

Ginny winked at her friend. "You're not the only who can plan surprises."

Hermione laughed and shook her head before placing the ring on Draco's finger. They held hands and Kingsley tapped his wand to each ring, causing a white jet of light to shoot out and encircle their hands.

"With the power vested in me by the Ministry of Magic, I now pronounce you husband and wife! You may kiss the bride."

Their lips met passionately as their friends and family applauded politely. Well, everyone except Theo and Blaise who were whistling and hollering, and Ron and Harry who were jokingly gagging...well Harry was joking. Draco and Hermione broke apart laughing and smiling at each other.

Everyone stood around chatting for awhile before heading back to the manor to join the party.

Draco and Hermione sat at a table with Ginny, Harry, Luna and her husband Rolf. Draco was tracing circles on the back of Hermione's hand as he watched his mother dance with Joseph.

"You okay Draco?" Hermione asked quietly.

"Hmm? Oh, yes I was just thinking." He turned to face his new wife and smiled.

"What about?"

"That Hermione Malfoy sounds nice," he said kissing the back of her hand.

"That's Hermione Granger-Malfoy," she retorted with a cheeky grin.

"Whatever you say Herms. You ready to head home?"

"Yeah my feet are killing me." She stood up and took his hand. "Let's just say goodnight to your mother."

They bade their friends and parents goodnight and Draco drove them home. Hermione started up the path but Draco stopped her. "Isn't it muggle tradition that I carry you into the house?" he asked with the hint of a smile of his face.

Hermione laughed. "It is. But you don't have to. Nothing about our marriage is traditional and besides, I'm the size of a baby whale right now--"

She shrieked as Draco scooped her up bridal style and started walking up the path towards the front door.

"Draco put me down! I'm too heavy!" she said, laughing.

He snorted. "Honestly Herms. I could carry you with one arm if I wanted to." 

She snuggled closer in his arms and pressed a kiss to his neck.

"Draco?"

"Yeah?"

"I just can't figure it out! And it's driving me crazy!"

Draco chuckled. "Figure out what?"

"How did you know what I was planning? You had rings prepared and everything!"

He laughed. "You're pretty predictable Hermione; At least to me you are. You like being in control and I could sense that mother was driving you crazy. So, I knew it was only a matter of time before you took back control of the situation. To be quite honest, I thought you would have done it a few weeks ago."

"I did think about it. About a month ago your mother took crazy to a whole new level. You should have seen the dresses she was showing me." They both laughed at this.

They reached the door a few moments later and Draco took a deep breath. "Ready to start the rest of our lives?"

She reached up to kiss her new husband with a smile. "Ready."

Fin. 

A/N Well that's the end! I ended up combining a few chapters to make it a bit more succinct. I hope you liked it! The epilogue will be up early next week and I've already mapped out the sequel. I hope you will continue to follow the story :) Thank you so much for reading and please, please, please! Vote, comment and share! 

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

612K 16.4K 81
The War is won, and Hermione Granger is back at Hogwarts as an Eighth Year, feeling reckless and determined to shed her prim bookworm persona. Also r...
340K 7.1K 26
Hermione Granger; brightest witch of her age, muggle-born, best friends with Harry Potter, Lord Voldemorts long lost daughter? Before the start of he...
246K 10.9K 24
Harry was returning to Hogwarts alone, Hermione being recognised as a crucial player in the Ministry's efforts of returning the wizarding world to it...
158K 4.9K 24
The wizards and witches we all know and love are back for their last year in Hogwarts! Hermione starts to receive unexpected love letters from a secr...