Death Note One-Shots

By Unlucky_Charm

A bunch of one-shots about different Death Note characters. Leave me requests if you want a certain character... More

Call Me Ryuzaki - L X Reader
Eyes of the Reaper - Light X Reader
Nightmares - L X Reader
His Goddess - Light X Reader
I Hate You Too [Part 1] - Near X Reader
Your Light - Light X Scared! Reader
Anger - Mello X Reader
I Hate You Too [Part 2] - Near X Reader
I Hate You Too [Part 3] - Near X Reader
On The Other Side - Mello X Reader
Sweet - Vampire! L X Reader
REQUESTS
Frustration - Protective! L X Reader
Fighting For Your Love [Part 1] - Jealous! Matt X Reader X Jealous! Mello
Paper-Cut - Jealous! L X Reader
Puzzle - Child! Near X Child! Reader
For The Rest Of Your Life - Friend! Rem X Reader [AU]
Fighting For Your Love [Part 2] - Matt X Reader
I'm Here - Protective! Near X Reader
Fighting For Your Love [Part 3] - Mello X Reader
Unfortunately - L X Reader
Don't Leave - Jealous! Near X Reader
Runaway - Jealous! Mello X Reader
Promise - Near X Vampire! Reader
I'M SORRY/REQUESTS ARE CLOSED
Our Little Secret - Misa X Reader (Female)

Birthday Gift - Near X Annoying! Reader [Lime]

8.8K 152 64
By Unlucky_Charm

Birthday Gift - Near X Annoying! Reader [Contains Lime]

Requested by (@TheRaven101)

It was a rainy, miserable day, and you were trying to think of something exciting to do that might hold your attention for more than a few minutes. Currently, there appeared to be only one thing - or rather, person - that could keep your attention, however unknowingly. That someone happened to be sitting on the floor beside you, solving a Rubik's Cube. He was totally unaware that you had been staring unblinkingly at him for the past few minutes. When your eyes began to sting from keeping them open for too long, you blinked rapidly and looked away from him at the exact moment he looked at you.

"This is boring," you stated, your gaze drifting back to the boy next to you, whose eyes were back on the coloured cube in his hand. When he didn't reply, too fixated on his puzzle, you complained again; "Near, I'm bored."

"Then find something to do," he replied.

You sighed grumpily. "Don't you have any cases you should be working on right now? Can I help out with one?"

Near twisted the cube, and the coloured squares all lined up perfectly, completing the puzzle. He rolled the cube towards you. "You know I can't let you have access to criminal cases, and you can't help me with them. Play with that instead." He gestured to the cube.

You picked it up, staring thoughtfully at it. "I'm no good at these," you said, tossing it away from you. "Besides, it's still too boring."

Near shrugged, getting up from the floor momentarily to retrieve a laptop from the coffee table in the middle of the room. You sighed again; he was going to ignore you and start working on a case.

"Ne-e-ar," you whined, trying to get his attention again, but he didn't respond. He never did when you started pestering him.

You wondered briefly if he knew what day it was tomorrow. Aside from it being a perfectly normal day of a week, and date of a month, it was also a special day for you - your birthday. You and Near had been close for years, and every year without fail he would ask you a few weeks in advance what you wanted for your birthday. But this time, it seemed he had been so fixated on becoming the new L and solving cases that he had completely forgotten about your birthday. You weren't intending to mention it to him, though. If he forgot, then let him - you didn't want to seem like you were desperate for gifts and attention by pestering him about it. In reality, you never desired to get anything for your birthday; you simply wished he would acknowledge it, because it made you happy when he remembered.

You and Near were not just close friends any more, though; technically, the two of you were dating, and had been for nearly two years. However, you weren't sure you could really call it dating, considering you and Near had only ever been out on two or three times that you could potentially call dates. At the beginning of your relationship, you rarely exchanged kisses, or even anything remotely affectionate, because Near was simply not a very affectionate person. Now, he was more willing, but you had still not gone that far with him, and sometimes you wished he would be more receptive even when you merely kissed his cheek or tried to cuddle him. You also wanted him to be the one to initiate some of the affection, rather than it just be you constantly. A few times, you had gone beyond plain kissing with him, but every time it had not gone as far as you would have perhaps wanted, and each time Near had eventually become embarrassed.

Near didn't talk to you much for the remainder of the day, too absorbed in his work to bother with irrelevant conversation. While you were somewhat annoyed, you knew it was just part of his personality, and you were used to him behaving like this. You also knew him well enough to know that he would not agree with your side of the argument enough to change his habits. Besides, you were fairly sure that he tended to ignore you a lot because he found you annoying half the time

You slept alone that night, as always. Near was not such an insomniac as L had been, and you knew that he slept, but he had never shared a bed with you before and you weren't sure he ever would. Near was a quiet, reserved, and socially awkward person, and sharing a bed probably wasn't something he would be comfortable with doing.

You fell asleep quickly, and you didn't hear Near come into the room - as he had done every night for the past few months - and tiptoe over to your bedside, leaning over you and gently kissing your cheek before leaving your bedroom and retreating to his own. Near was affectionate at heart, but was often too nervous to show it in front of you, so for a while he had been resorting to showing it at night when you could not notice. One day, perhaps, he would have the confidence to initiate a kiss when you would know it was happening.

You woke up late the following morning, despite that you were excited for the day ahead - that is, until you remembered how nothing would probably be happening apart from the usual days of Near being absorbed in work. You walked, feeling somewhat disheartened, into the kitchen where you began to prepare breakfast. With a plate of toast in hand, you wandered next into what you had nick-named the 'control room', where Near observed things from screens with a bunch of security cameras, and there was some technology set up that you honestly didn't really understand. There he was, of course, awake earlier than you every single day without fail and focused already on his work. You had only met L once, a long time ago, but you could imagine him doing the exact same.

"Good morning," Near murmured as you sat down on a chair beside him. "How did you sleep?"

He asked you this question every morning, as if he thought it was protocol to constantly ask how you were since he was technically in a relationship with you. "I slept fine," you answered, and as usual Near fell silent.

You watched him work for a few minutes, until you finished your breakfast, but you were growing bored quickly and there wasn't that much to do in headquarters. You found yourself wishing that you had more friends, so you could go and meet up with them for the day rather than wander around headquarters feeling lonely. Near wasn't the best company, despite how you felt about him.

You were entirely unaware of the thoughts currently running through Near's head about what he wanted to do for your birthday. He had not, in fact, forgotten about it like you believed he had. Instead, he simply wanted to surprise you later on that evening, and knew that the best way to ensure your surprise would be to act as if he didn't remember your birthday at all for most of the day.

You were lounging around on the sofa when Near suddenly ordered you to grab your coat and put on some shoes. Surprised, you did as he asked, and when you were done you found him standing by the stairs that connected the floors of headquarters together. He had shoes on, which was an uncommon sight, and appeared to have combed his hair. You were mystified by what was going on, but obediently followed Near down the stairs and out of the building.

He led you across the road and down several streets before you arrived at a pleasant-looking hotel, or inn, kind of place. You smiled and looked over at him. "What's this about?" you asked curiously.

He gave you a small, shy smile. "I thought we could have some privacy, so I booked us a room for the night."

You blushed at the insinuation, despite that Near probably only meant it innocently - not that you would have minded if he meant it in the other way. "The headquarters is fairly private," you laughed. "Barely anyone is there."

"Watari resides there sometimes, as do a couple of other people. Even so, it is a working environment; not ideal for a nice birthday evening."

You grinned. "You did remember!" you cried happily.

"Of course I remembered," he said as he took your hand and guided you into the building. He chose a table by a window, explaining, "We're going to order food here before going to the room. I've heard the food on offer is quite nice."

You laughed. "I'm the one who told you that," you teased him. "Did you bring me here because I said ages ago that I'd like to come?"

"Maybe."

"Near, that's so sweet of you!" you said, and it was his turn to blush.

After a delicious meal, the two of you headed upstairs and spent over an hour lying on a luxurious queen-size bed in a beautiful hotel room, Near's arm around you and you talked happily to him about anything your mind could think of. It was the most affection you had ever seen him offer to you, and you loved it. You were also entirely unaware of what he had planned for the evening - that is, until he moved off the bed and went to stand by the window, looking a little uncomfortable.

You frowned. "What's wrong?" you asked worriedly.

"I had, uh...another part to your birthday gift," he said quietly. "But I'm not quite sure how to go about it."

"Hey," you said gently, and he turned to meet your gaze awkwardly. "It's okay, you know. Whatever it is, I'm sure I'll love it - you know me well enough."

"Yes, I suppose I do," he agreed. "Well...okay then." A determined look crossed his face, and he strode over to the bed, climbing onto it in a way so that he sat kneeling over your outstretched legs. You felt your face warm at the close proximity, and before it had even crossed your mid what he might be about to do, he leaned forwards to connect his lips to yours.

You had kissed Near before, sure, but this time was different because for once, he was the initiating it. And this was something you liked, something you had practically dreamed of him doing - and despite how huge a deal this was to you for him to be initiating affection, it was still only mild compared to what Near was planning.

You broke away after a few minutes, gasping from the sudden passionate kiss. "What...what was that, Near?" you asked breathlessly,

Before his confidence failed him, Near moved so his mouth brushed your ear, whispering, "Only the beginning," and giving you goosebumps in the process. You felt your lips part as he moved to your neck, kissing everywhere until he found the spot you enjoyed the most, kissing you in a way that made your fingers curl in your bliss. Near's hands moved to the hem of your shirt, creeping underneath and giving you electric sparks when they brushed against the skin of your stomach. His arm wound its way upwards, pulling your shirt up with it, but before he could attempt to remove it from you, you stopped.

You placed your hand on his chest, pulling away a little. "Near, I know this is my birthday...gift, but...is this really what you want?" you asked. "This isn't something you should just be doing for me. It should be because you want it, too."

Near's eyes met yours, and you found yourself getting lost in his gaze. You could almost see the darkness of desire and lust there, alongside the love he had for you. "I may be socially inept, but I still have...desires," he murmured, almost inaudibly. "And I want to experience things with you, because I love you. I don't know much about the intricacies of relationships, but I do know that I want this with you."

You smiled, winding your hands around his neck and curling your fingers in his white hair as you pulled him back to you, dragging him so his lips could meet yours once more. You were fairly sure he could feel the warmth from your cheeks because you were blushing so hard, but you found comfort in the fact that you were not the only awkward one here.

This time, Near successfully managed to remove your shirt without any interruptions, and hastily moved on to your jeans. He pulled them off in one smooth movement as if he had done this dozens of times before...which you were pretty sure he hadn't. It then occurred to you that he was still fully dressed, and when your fingers fumbled with the buttons of his white shirt - finding his confidence, Near assisted you and allowed you to remove the shirt and expose his pale-skinned body.

He didn't flinch when you reached out to touch him, running your hands over slightly showing muscles in his abdomen, and his biceps. He had never struck you as a typical guy, to go and work out in a gym to keep fit, but clearly he had been doing some kind of exercise, since he wasn't as skinny as you had pictured him to be. He wasn't exactly toned either - but you didn't care because it was his body and you loved it.

Near was hesitant to remove the last item of clothing from either of you, and when you had, he paused momentarily. "I've never done this before..." he said hesitantly, running one hand very slowly over your body. You could feel every place his fingers touched, as if they left imprints all over your skin, but the feeling was pleasant.

"I know, but that's okay," you said encouragingly. "You'll do fine, I think," you added almost under your breath, glancing downwards before averting your gaze in embarrassment. "Honestly, I've never done this with anyone I truly loved, let alone with anyone like you, Near. This feels like a first for me, too, and I think it'll be amazing."

You were right - when, later, the two of you lay in a tangle of limbs and gasping breaths, your head resting on his bare chest and his arms wrapped firmly around you, you smiled to yourself and tilted your chin up to kiss his jaw gently. "I love you, Near," you breathed, and felt your skin tingle as he brushed his fingers over your arm.

His eyes were closed, but he was not asleep yet, and his lips parted to whisper back, "Happy birthday, (F/N)...I love you too."

**********************************************************************

I hope this was okay, I'm definitely not the best at writing lime-style scenes and I don't have any experience writing them, but I did my best with this one-shot.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

213K 6.4K 35
L is dead. Mello and Matt are dead. Kira is dead. So what does Near do now? Why, solve a murder case, of course! And that murder case brings along a...
2.3K 23 6
Just wedding and pregnancy oneshots for Death Note. I do not own any Death Note characters, all rights go to Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata.
153K 1.8K 42
Book of oneshots about all sorts of anime and manga characters. Boys and girls. All of 'em. I take requests too. Just PM me or leave it in the comm...
918K 15.9K 37
Hey guys!!!! ๐Ÿ‘‹โ‰งโ—‰แดฅโ—‰โ‰ฆ Thank you so much for clicking on this story xD In here are a bunch of Death Note Boyfriend Scenarios! Death Note is my absolute...