Leave Me At the Doorstep

By iris_ad_infinity

12 year old Avery Lipton is physically abused by her dad. She longs for a friend because even her own brother... More

Chapter 1: Somebody's Watching Me (Avery's POV)
Chapter 2: Child Abuse (Jackson's POV)
Chapter 3; No One But Redhead (Avery's POV)
AUTHORS NOTE
Chpt. 5: Nosy the Redhead Weirdo (Averys P.O.V.)
Chpt. 6: I Miss... (Jackson's POV)
Chpt.7: Like Father, Like Son (Avery's POV)
Chapter 8: Not Like Always (Jackson's POV)
Chapter 9: Should Have Known (Avery's POV)
Chapter 10: Can't (Jackson's POV)
Chapter 11: Memories (Avery's POV)
Chapter 12: The Right Thing (Jackson's POV)
Epilogue: 6 Years Later (Avery's POV)

Chpt 4: Why? (Jackson's POV)

94 2 0
By iris_ad_infinity

Chapter 4

Why?

   Jackson’s POV

    For the next two weeks I would go to the library to sit and eat lunch with Avery. What? I don’t like her or anything. She’s really nice and funny. We had a really awkward conversation the other day though.

    “Why do you keep that purple bruise hidden? Shouldn’t you tell someone about it?” I asked cautiously. Ever since the day I had noticed it, she had done her best to hide it. Curling her hair so that it covered her ear, pulling it back into a ponytail, wearing a hoodie. She had hidden it so well lately that I completely forgot about it. Today was different though. She had forgotten all about it.

    “I...like looking pretty. The bruise makes me look ugly, so I keep it hidden,” she whispered, “Why are you curious anyways? It’s none of your business!”

    “‘Cause I’m your friend; I deserve to know! I’m your friend right?” For some reason it hurt me to think of her yelling “NO! EEW! A BOY FOR A FRIEND? GROSS!” I’d tried to make friends with girls before. One of my best friends, Karen, was a girl. In 4th grade she told me it was to abnormal for us to hang out because she was a girl and I was - well - a boy. I tried to become friends with her again in 6th grade, but then she was just interested in me as a boyfriend or whatever. I wondered, why? She moved right after that happened. Girls are weird. That’s the only thing I’m sure of about them at this point. I might be a straight A student but I’m apparently failing in The Science of Girls class.

    I dropped the subject of her bruises in fear of losing a potential friend. Not that I’m friendless. I have Joshua and, well, to be honest, all of his popular friends. He’s my only real friend. I’m obviously interested in avery as a friend, nothing else. Don’t expect his to turn into some kind of middle school romance. I hate to tell you, but let’s get real! Me? A girl? As “an item”? You must be mental. Or a girl. Why do all girls presume that a guy and a girl that are friends will automatically turn into hopeless romantics? Why?

    Why do I care so much about Avery Lipton. Is it the because I want to protect her from whatever gave her that ugly scar? (And I don’t mean like a knight in shining armor.) do I just want more friends? Do I really want to be her friend or am I just using her in a way that is invisible to even me? If so, why am I using her? Is it to show everyone that to people can be friends without liking each other? Is it to prove to joshua and all the other popular kids that I have some worth in the world of teenage dating? Why?

    Why do I keep talking to myself through…this!?!?

WHY?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 77 31
Andrea (Andi) Clarke, your typical teenage girl, She hates school. Always waits until the last minute to do her homework. Loves Music and creative wr...
26.6K 691 38
Ellie has always suffered from her father's abuse and been at the very bottom the school popularity chain, when she met the new star boy Blake they b...
23.6K 1K 31
Adam would do anything for his sister Olivia, including protecting her from the monster that roams within their home. James lives with his mother and...
911K 16.3K 42
Aria Stella: 18,very sweet shy girl, gets abused by her father, doesn't know why her life is as bad as it is. Damion Russò: 24, Italian mafia don, c...