Protecting You ("The Shadows"...

Bởi oned_coolR9

"We are here with you." She said and hugged me with gentleness. My shoulder sagged in relief as I hugged her... Xem Thêm

I.
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
IX.
X.
XI.
XII.
XIV.
XV.
XVI.
XVII.
XVIII.
A/N
XIX.
XX.
XXI.
XXII
XXIII.
XXIV
XXV.
XXVI.
XXVII.
XXVIII.
XXIX.
XXX.
XXXI.
XXXII.
XXXIII.
XXXIV.
XXXV.
XXXVI.
XXXVII.
XXXVIII.
XXXIX.
XL.
XLI.
XLII.
XLIII.
XLIV.
XLV.
XLVI.
XLVII.
Epilogue.
Dedicated to...
Update...(A/N)
New Story!!!
Bonus Chapter ( I.)...
Bonus Chapter ( II.)
Bonus Chapter ( III.)
A Damn Author's Note!!!

XIII.

6.2K 207 8
Bởi oned_coolR9

Lily's POV

I woke up with a smile on my face. I would never be this happy in the morning. I wasn't a morning person when I was younger but when I got into this mafia life, I had to be alert most of the times. That meant less sleep for me. But I got used to it and I would wake up groggy and irritated every morning. But today was different. I was at Ryan's house and still remembered how his body felt close to mine. The way his lips perfectly fitted and the way his hands explored my body as far as they could. I felt a connection, a string that pulled me to him. But I was confused as to why he opened up to me so easily. I had heard about his sex life and that he had his fair share of women. That made me jealous of those women and I felt like ripping their hair apart. But he didn't know me that time so I can relax. Now I'm not letting him taste another women ever.

A knock came on the door as the maid that had blessed us with her presence last night in the kitchen, entered with a dress in her hand. I looked at her puzzled.

"Sir sent this for you." She said meekly. I nodded and was happy that she wasn't fired from her job. It wasn't her fault that she saw us making out like there was no tomorrow. The mere thought of last night heated up my cheeks. She kept my dress on the side of the sofa and left. I walked towards it and picked it up to see a bikini with my dress. It was black coloured and looked my size. I shook my head. Why would he choose a bikini for me? How did he know my size? Without dwelling on that thought much, I went and took a shower.

When I came out, I saw a note placed where the dress was kept. Must have fallen when I took the dress with me. I opened it read.

You can have your breakfast downstairs..I'll be waiting..
-R

I thought of him and me sitting in the dining area alone having breakfast. My memory of kitchen was nothing related to eating. It was more like devouring each other.

I looked at the mirror. It was a blue dress that reached my knees. Fit from the abdominal region and flowed down freely. It had elbow length sleeves. I had tied my hair in a ponytail and already had my heels. My face was devoid of any makeup. I had applied another bandage to the wound and the dress wasn't bothering it in any way. It was still stinging but not like last night. I took my cellphone and got out of my room. I went downstairs, entering the kitchen to see Evan with his head in his hands and groaning.

Hangover...

I cleared my throat. His head whipped in my direction. He looked at me shocked and then when he recalled what happened last night, he stood up

"Are you okay? Did anyone else get hurt? I should've not taken him with me to the club? I'm such a fool." He started cursing himself as he paced around the kitchen. I couldn't help but chuckle. He stopped and looked at me with confusion. I passed him and started making coffee for him. All the ingredients were kept on the counter beforehand. I was thankful to whoever kept these things here in the first place.

"What is there to laugh about?" He asked as he leaned on the counter besides me with his arms crossed in front of him, trying to look intimidating. But I had seen his drunk side so I wasn't bothered at all.

"Nothing. Just recalling how you were about to kiss me." I said smugly as his so called intimidating features fell and he turned pale.

"Tell me I didn't do anything that I will regret for the rest of my life. Tell me I didn't get married to some unknown bitch. Tell me I don't have a baby." He started listing his fears as I snorted.

"This will help." I passed him cup of strong coffee as he stopped rambling and sipped it. I patted his shoulder

"Nothing bad happened last night. Ryan managed everything. Including your drunk ass." I smirked as his face flushed. He grumbled under his breath.

"Who gave you that? As far as I remember you weren't wearing this." He pointed at my dress. I shrugged.

"That maid said that Ryan sent this dress for me. Leave it. Feeling better with your hangover?" I asked him as I poured myself some coffee. He nodded. We stood silently, sipping our coffees. I was waiting for Ryan to arrive any moment. I wanted to ask Evan about him but stopped myself. I don't want to look eager to see him.

"So what happened last night?" He asked after sometime. I narrated him everything as he listened to me with concentration. When I was done, he spoke

"That guy you shot the other day in...the...warehouse...said you had unfinished business with Gonzalez...do you know him...or have you met him by any chance?" He was hesitating but asked anyway. I shook my head.

"Then why is he after you? Who are you? We've never seen you in any parties of the mafia groups that we attend. We haven't even seen you in this city area. How does he know you?" He said as he narrowed his eyes at me. I was dreading for this question to be asked.

"Why are you helping us? You should stay away from us. Why are you trying to protect us? Who are you protecting us from? Do you know anything that we should know as well? Are you here to take advantage or like a source for some other gang?" He continued as he kept his cup on the counter and took a hold of his gun that was behind his back. I should've been afraid that he would shoot me but I knew he wouldn't. He wasn't that cruel and I wasn't here to harm them. I shrugged nonchalantly.

"I don't know why Gonzalez is behind me. I know Ryan is in danger. That's what that shooter said before I killed him. I meant no harm to you, your family, or Ryan's. I just saw him in danger and it just so happens that where I am, he is too. If I were a normal person, I would have seen this as a mere coincidence. But it's just isn't. Gonzalez is tracking both of us. I don't know why...I don't know how. The thing is...Ryan's the leader of the biggest mafia group...Adam wants that. So he will try to take his position by killing him." He stayed glued to his position hearing my each and every word. I continued.

"Remember that time when I told Ryan to stay away from me...in front of the warehouse?" I asked as he nodded.

"I wanted nothing from you two. I just wanted to stay away from your way. That was supposed to happen. You and him....separate. But I came back. Not because I wanted to. Just because I was there in that club last night. I was there to meet someone but saw that man. Adam's man. And then I realized that something was definitely wrong. And besides I want to help. Because I want help." I said as I looked directly in his eyes. He stared at me confused

"What help do you want from us?" He asked.

"I want to know what this Gonzalez wants from me? What he is planning? My family won't tell me. I know that. I need help and Ryan is the only person I can rely on for this information." I said as I sipped my drink that has now cold. I kept it down and looked at him. He was pondering, wheels turning inside his head as he decided what to say. Before he could do anything serious Ryan barreled inside in anger. He glanced at the both of us and then his eyes fixated on me.

"Get out." He said in authoritative voice. I looked at him baffled. What did he just say?

"What did you just say?" I voiced my thoughts. Evan looked back and forth.

"You heard me. Don't make me repeat." He said as he clenched his fist. He is so unexpected. I felt his words hit me like a brick. He was good till the morning, then what happened to him in just an hour? I didn't do anything wrong. Maybe he got what he wanted from me. But I should not jump into conclusions before knowing who is the reason behind his mood swings. I tried not to let his words get to me. His phone rang.

"You just called me a minute ago... I know don't remind me....don't you dare pull that card on me...I told you I'm not with any girl. We'll talk later Dad." He snapped and cut the call.

Okay so his father is the reason behind his mood swings, I guess. I shook my head. Dad had told me that Ryan and his father did not get along very well. He was Mamma's boy. I snickered at that thought.

"What's so funny?" His voice held irritation and anger. I looked at him to see both Evan and Ryan standing at the entrance of the kitchen. Evan looked confused while Ryan looked agitated as always.

Wait!! When did Evan changed places?

I rolled my eyes. They were so immature. Idiots. How were the handling their whole gang when they were having anger issues?

"Don't get your nickers in twist Ryan. I'm leaving. And thanks for taking care of my wound." I said as I passed them and left the building. A car sat on the driveway as the driver opened the backseat door for me.

"Good morning." He gave a small smile in reply as I sat inside.

"Where to?" He asked from the driver's seat.

"Royal Star restaurant." I said as he nodded and started driving. I looked back to see a silhouette of a man staring intently at the car I was in. He took off his glasses as his gaze pierced my soul. Even from this distance I could see how Ryan's facial expression changed from hard to admiration and confusion, ready to unravel a puzzle.

A puzzle that had a name...

Me...Lily Banner.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

13.9K 506 37
Valeries life makes a turn for the worse when her family company is on the verge of bankruptcy. The only way to protect herself and her family is to...
1.6M 40.5K 55
"You have a choice either choose me or being a mafia" I added hoping that he'll come back with me and if not then I will be the one leaving him this...
793K 16.9K 64
Earlier known as Devil In Disguise!! "Has anyone ever kissed you, Maria?" He said with a low voice. Well, that got my attention. I was unable to say...
1.1M 25.1K 54
18+ "Did you fuck him"he said as he leaned against the wall and stomped out his cigarette. "I sure did "I said lying through my teeth just to get a r...