Once Again

By paradisewallflower

Alison Vincent leads a normal, ordinary life in Atlanta. What many people don't know about the so-called 'it... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 32

2.3K 51 1
By paradisewallflower

Finally chapter 32, enjoy :D

Oh, and please read the important author's note at the end if you don't usually do it. Thank you :)

(Ali's P.O.V)

I wake with a jolt, possibly from nightmares of Dylan dropping me into the pseudo lava yesterday and nearly drowning the life out of me. Contrary to his consistent negations, I have suspicions that he dropped me purposefully and not as he claimed to be, 'accidentally'.

I turn my head to look at the he-devil, lying peacefully in a deep slumber. I distance myself, attempting to inconspicuously get out of bed but he instantly frowns and mumbles some unintelligible words.

His arm shoots out and around my waist, pulling me back underneath his strong hold.

If Dylan is still asleep then I'm a monkey's uncle.

"Dylan, I gotta pee." I inform him, attempting to loosen his grip on me. No such luck. Instead, he tightens his hold, pressing down further on my bladder and subsequently increasing my urge to pee. Awesome.

"Just so you know, I will pee on you. Boyfriend or not." Is my futile attempt to persuade him into letting me go.

"If it means you not leaving the bed, then go right ahead." He mumbles sleepily with his eyes still glued shut.

Not to sound like a nympho but his morning voice is damn sexy.

"Peanut," I admonish him with the nickname he so lovingly takes to - note the sarcasm. "Let go before I'm forced to take serious action."

Dylan lying face down and me on my back makes it all the more harder for me to escape his death grip. He doesn't respond negatively to the nickname he so ultimately despises, putting me at a loss as to what else I could possibly do to achieve my main goal of going for my morning pee.

"No. Stay. Cuddle." He huffs, furrowing his head into the crook of my neck and breathing heavily. This sends an unwanted spark through my body, causing me to shiver lightly.

"I don't want to cuddle. I want to tinkle," I frown, letting a loud sigh escape my lips as it dawns on me that Dylan won't let go any time soon. Meaning, I'll probably have a burst bladder before I can convince him to stop being such a doofus and let me go pee already. "I hate you," I mumble childishly, staring at the white ceiling above me.

He leaves a soft, wet kiss just between the base of my neck and my collarbone before saying: "But I love you," it makes it almost hard to hear him due to his head being buried into my neck. "Even despite your constant abuse." He says. "However, maybe if you were nicer," he lifts his head so he's now looking into my eyes. "I would have let you go pee." Dylan smirks. "But now you have to stay here and cuddle. That's just how the system works."

Without so much as another word, Dylan pulls me towards him and wraps a leg around mine. He rests his head on my chest, holding me tight with his strong arm.

"What system?" I scoff, scowling as I watch him making himself comfortable.

"Dylan's system," he dismisses, closing his eyes once more.

"Well I don't like Dylan's system. I want Ali's system, the one where she gets to kick your ass if you don't let her go pee." I retort begrudgingly and he chuckles lowly, a wry smile forms onto his lips.

"What are you willing to offer?" He asks, eyes still closed. His grip strong as ever.

"You can't make me bribe you into letting me go pee. What kind of boyfriend even are you?" I dictate, blowing off a strand of hair that has landed on my face. My arms at the moment are somewhat immobile. I have my boyfriend to thank for that.

"The kind that likes to cuddle," he replies, a ghost of a smile still tracing his lips.

"I hear that's the worst kind," I begin. "They were right."

"Stop being such a baby and cuddle me back already. I need some warmth." He pouts, stroking my arm lightly with his thumb.

"I am not a baby. I don't want to cuddle and I will not give you warmth." I rebuke childishly, closing my eyes as I feel his smile against my shoulder.

All of a sudden, the sound of Dylan's ringtone blasts around the room and just as soon, a knowing smirk replaces my scowl. He's going to have to answer that.

Seconds pass but he doesn't move.

"You're not going to get that?" I provoke, smiling evilly to myself.

"Nope," he pops the 'p' and I frown in annoyance.

"Could be important," I push, opening my eyes to look at him. "Maybe even the president. You should pick up."

"Well then, I'm afraid Obama will have to wait until I'm done cuddling my pain-in-the-ass girlfriend."

"Hey," I admonish once I realise what he just said. "If anyone is a pain in the ass, it's you, my friend." I retort, my brows furrowing. The urge to pee no longer bothers me, thankfully. But I'd still like to bully Dylan for it.

"Nuh-uh," he shakes his head.

"Yah-huh," I reply.

"Nope," he once again pops the 'p'.

"Yep," I pop it even harder, mocking him.

"No,"

"Yes."

"Ali," he warns.

"Dylan," I mirror his tone.

"Stop it," he blurts.

"Stop it," I mimic.

"How are you supposedly not a pain in the ass?" He admonishes, opening his eyes to once again look at me.

"How are you supposedly not a pain in the ass?" I repeat in a high-pitched voice, looking him straight in the eyes.

"Stop copying everything I say," he frowns.

"Stop cop-" before I finish my sentence his lips come crashing onto mine, consequently making me forget everything I was going to say. As much as I was enjoying winding him up, kissing him-- even despite being mad-- is so much better.

He pulls back abruptly, looking pleased with himself. "Ok, you may now go to the toilet." He smirks before releasing me and moving to sit at the edge of the bed. His sculptured back is completely on show, his muscles flexing as he moves around with ease.

I notice Dylan grabbing hold of his phone, presumably to check what Obama was calling for. I quickly take this opportunity to rush to the toilet, pulling my shirt right down in the process so Dylan doesn't get any sneak peeks.

However, as I scurry past I still feel his eyes on my very naked bottom half. Well, excluding my panties of course. As I enter his en-suite bathroom, I take one last glance at him and not to my surprise, he's looking straight back at me with an amused smile on his face.

*

"You're sure you don't want me to go with you?" I ask for the hundreth time, looking apprehensively in Dylan's direction. His eyes are focused on the road ahead as he drives towards Ava's house.

He hasn't been giving anything away, his face remained impassive throughout the whole ride. I just don't understand why he won't let me go with him. I mean, I already know about Penelope. So what's the big deal?

"Ali, I don't want to depress you with my family problems. I've just got a few things to take care of today, you go have fun with Ava. Don't worry about me, ok?" He takes a quick glance in my direction, shooting me an unconvincing smile.

I decide not to press on the matter. If he wanted me with him, I guess he would have asked. Oh well.

He suddenly ceases the engine and looks at me expectantly. Only when I look around do I realise that we're already at my destination.

"I should be back by around five, is that ok?" He asks, genuinely waiting to hear my reply.

"Sure," I smile weakly before reaching for the door handle. "See you at five." I dismiss before halfway stepping out of his car. His hold on my hand restricts me from going any further.

"Don't I get a kiss?" He pouts, making him look adorably cute in the process.

I smile and lean towards him, leaving a quick, soft kiss on his lips. I pull back slowly and open my eyes, his remain closed. My grin widens and before he can open his eyes again, I flick his nose and swiftly step out of the car. There, that will teach him.

"Laters, Peanut." I wink before leaving him dumbfounded and closing the door behind me. My phone suddenly vibrates in my pocket it and I whip it out, unlocking the screen to see I've got a message from Dylan.

See you soon, Alibear.

My grin instantly shifts into a scowl as I read his message. He knows I hate it when he calls me that.

Well played, Scott. Well played.

His car starts up again and without another second wasted, it zooms down the road and into the distance. Presumably a little over the speed limit, but that's Dylan for you. When I'm unable to see his car anymore I spin on my heel and head towards Ava's house. I still haven't been able to call it my own or feel comfortable enough living there.

Home is supposed to be a place where you feel safe, with family. Not that I feel unprotected here but as much as I love Ava and her mom, Clarissa, it's just not the same.

I head straight for my room when I don't hear anyone downstairs. Closing the door behind me, I kick off my shoes and strip away from my clothes. I've had to keep on the same clothes from yesterday because Dylan's clothes weren't exactly flattering on my figure.

Turning on the shower, I wait until the hot water starts to run and step underneath, allowing it to cascade down my body. Holy guacamole does this feel good. I wash my hair with my favourite, coconut scented shampoo and brush my teeth, making myself feel more fresh and relieved by the second. Showers really do work wonders.

After stepping out of the shower, I quickly slip into some black leggings and a jumper. As I'm running a brush through my wet hair, my door flies open and Ava strolls in casually. She places herself down on my bed and stares at me, not saying a thing.

"Um, can I help you?" I mutter after few seconds of weird scrutiny coming from Ava.

"And where were you last night? I didn't see you come home." She raises an inquisitive brow, shooting me a knowing look. I carry on brushing my hair and turn to face the mirror as an attempt to hide my blush.

"I-I was with Dylan." I say dismissively, trying to sound nonchalant. I peek at her from the corner of my eye just as a smirk makes its way onto her pink lips.

"You know," she drawls, standing up and making her way towards me. "I had to cover for you yesterday. If mom found out you were with Dylan all night and you didn't come home..." Ava trails off and I immediately know she's up to something.

Would Clarissa actually be mad if she realised I had stayed out all night? I mean, I don't see why she would care - she's not even my real mom. Plus, I'm eighteen years old. I have the right to do what I want to do; I'm legally an adult.

An adult that's living under someone else's roof. My subconscious reminds me and I gulp. Despite being eighteen, I dread the thought of me living alone. I couldn't even sleep without a night light until I was fifteen. I am so not ready to live independently.

"What do you want, Ava?" I finally sigh and an evil smile replaces her smirk.

"Come on a date with me," she annouces excitedly and I instantly scrunch my face. Say what?

"Ava look, I don't know what you've heard but I'm not a les-"

"I know, stupid." She interjects. "I meant a double date. The one we talked about." She rolls her eyes and a wave of relief washes over me. That could have gone two ways.

"The date that-- wait, did you just call me stupid? You're stupid." I frown in a childish manner, placing my hairbrush on the dresser.

"You're the one that thought I was a freaking lesbian. Jesus Ali, what do you take me for?" She admonishes and I can't help but chuckle. I mean, I have nothing against lesbians; you love who you love. But I think I'd feel somewhat uncomfortable living with one-- if you know what I mean. "So the date," she interrupts my reverie. "With my boyfriend Elliot and your boyfriend, Dylan. You're coming." Ava dictates. Taking no prisoners.

"But I--"

"I wouldn't be throwing around any buts if I were you, miss I-stay-out-overnight-at-my-boyfriend's-house-doing-God-knows-what." She reprimands, looking pleased with herself. Damn Ava and her cunning abilities.

If I know Ava Arwin well - and I think I do - then she won't miss a heartbeat before telling her mom. Especially knowing that she can blackmail her way into getting me to do things.

Yep, that's Ava for you.

"Y'know, this is blackmail." I retort in a huff, knowing full well that there's no way around this.

Well, at least I've already showered.

"You left me no choice. You chose the hard way," she shrugs. "Now start getting ready, I'm gonna go shower." Ava dictates before stepping out of my room and closing the door behind her. I resort to mature actions as I flip her off, burning holes on the bedroom door with my scowl.

I guess I'd better get ready. Where are we even going anyway?

*

After being informed that we're going to a carnival just a city over, I decided it'd be best if I wrapped up warm seeing as we'd be spending the whole time outdoors. Only when I've finished straightening my unruly hair do I realise that Dylan still doesn't know about the date.

Rushing over to where my phone is charging, I unlock it and my heart stops for a second when I realise my mom has sent me a text. Angrily, I open the message to reveal what she has to say.

Your father and I didn't know what you would want, so we put some money into your bank account. It contributes towards your new house as well, a house that we're giving you the priviledge of choosing. We hope you had a nice birthday and we're sorry we weren't there to celebrate with you. We love you, darling.

-Mom and dad.

Well this text is about a month too late. Their only daughter's birthday was a month ago and only now they realise they missed it? Some parents they turned out to be, huh?

Either way, the day I turn down free money is the day you better get your wife and kids because the world's end is near.

I quickly close the chat with my mom and open my thread of messages with Dylan. I scowl once more at the last text he sent me and contemplate not telling him about the date. But however much I'd like to do that, being the third wheel on someone else's date is never the ultimate time-of-your-life moment. So I begrudgingly write him a text.

Before you come to Ava's you should consider getting your stupid self ready. We're going on a double date.

I hit send, not expecting to get a reply as quickly as I did.

Me and my stupid self are already prepared for our double date. What, you think I didn't already know? ;)

My eyebrows scrunch together and a frown adjusts itself on my face. What does he mean he already knew? As I type back my reply, Ava saunters into my bedroom once again in only her undies, clutching onto two pieces of clothing in each hand.

"Skirt or jeans?" She holds some black skinnies in one hand and a vintage cream, flower-printed skirt in the other. I point towards the skirt and she smiles, rushing out of my room.

What do you mean, you already knew? I type back.

Unexpectedly, Ava barges back into my bedroom with a pile of clothes in her arms. Her hair has already been braided into a pretty fish tail plait, resting on her left shoulder. Her make up is flawless, making my best friend look like some sort of model. I just stare at her as I slouch on my bed, sitting like a little boy as my brown hair cascades down my shoulders and down to my waist.

How she makes looking beautiful seem so easy, I have no idea.

"Right, let me just get changed and we'll get you spruced up." She smiles widely before slipping on some black polka-dot tights and the skirt over it.

She then proceeds to tuck a cream, knitted jumper into the skirt. Ava brushes off the non-existing wrinkles off her outfit as she faces the mirror, and then turns to look at me. I can already tell I'm in for a crazy ride.

After getting my make up done by my crafty best friend, Elliot arrives at Ava's house so I left them to their business and proceeded to finish off by myself.

I firstly put on a pair of dark blue skinny jeans, followed by a fine-knit stripy white and blue sweater.

Over this, I throw my black leather jacket and some knee high boots. Just in case, I place my chunky maroon scarf around my neck and grab my black Céline bag.

There, this should do it.

Spraying on some of Dylan's favourite perfume, I hastily throw some sanitary towels in my bag. Grabbing my phone, I briskly make my way downstairs to where Ava and Elliot are hotly making out with each other on the sofa.

"Ah-hem," I clear my throat and the two instantly spring apart, a blush creeping up on Ava's face. Elliot then saunters towards me and mutters a hello, embracing me into a friendly hug as he picks me up off the ground.

As he holds me, the front door slams shut and a loud clearing of the throat echoes around the room. Elliot places me back on the floor and we pull apart to look at the source of commotion.

"Sorry dude," Elliot mutters to an attentive looking Dylan. "We all know how he gets crazy possessive," he whispers mockingly to me as Dylan saunters towards us.

I know I should be used to Dylan's good looks by now but hot damn does he look good. Clad in black jeans, black converse and maroon hoodie with a denim jacket to finish off the look. His unruly hair is in a perfect dark brown mess as it flops rather comfortably onto his forehead.

Now that's a sight for sore eyes.

Suddenly, all the antagonistic feelings I had towards him evaporate into thin air, leaving me thrilled to see him again.

I know, I know. I'm pretty much whipped like Indiana Jones.

"Hi," I smile up at him as he places a hand underneath my chin, leaving a soft kiss on my lips.

"Hey," he kisses me again, pulling me into him as he embraces me into a tight, warm hug. The heavenly smell of his cologne invades my nostrils as I breathe in deeply, basking in the sweet scent.

"Alright love birds, we should get going." Elliot speaks up, pulling Dylan and I apart. He grabs Dylan's hand and they do one of those bro hugs or whatever they're called. Dylan simply nods and smiles at Ava, she returns the gesture before Dylan turns back to entwine our hands together.

"Right, let's go." Dylan pulls me towards the door. Ava and Elliot follow suit.

"I call shotgun," Elliot announces, rushing over to the passenger seat of Dylan's car.

"Hey, that's not fair. As Dylan's girlfriend I have shotgun already reserved in my name. You can't just call it and expect to take my place." I whine, attempting to pull Elliot away from the door as Dylan heads around to the driver's seat.

"As Dylan's best friend I think I rightfully have a claim over riding shotgun. I didn't see you calling it first, therefore, you ride in the back with the rest of the losers."

"Hey!" Ava protests from the back seat, shooting Elliot a glare.

"Except for you of course," he quickly corrects himself, looking worriedly at his unimpressed girlfriend.

I use this time to push him right out of the way and slip through the gap between the open door, closing it swiftly behind me.

Before Elliot can even make a move, I lock the door and press my face up against the glass window, making mocking and presumably very unattractive faces at him. With both my hands I make an 'L' shape, insinuating that he's-- as Elliot so conveniently put it as-- a loser.

Hey, I never said I was mature.

"Damn it Vincent, you may have won this time but you got lucky." Elliot mutters as he steps into the car, closing the door behind him.

"What ever major loser," I mouth at him, sticking my tongue out in the process.

"Where did it all go so utterly wrong with you two?" Ava shakes her head, looking at Elliot and me sympathetically. Dylan chuckles beside me and I turn to frown at him, and then at Ava.

*

"How much longer? I really need to pee, Dylan." Elliot whines for the umpteenth time, making everyone else in the car groan in the process.

"We literally just stopped by a gas station, why didn't you go then?" Ava admonishes.

"Well, I didn't need to then. But I do now." He complains, puffing a breath of air.

"Think about sex," we all turn to stare dubiously at Dylan. Say what?

"What? I read somewhere that it helps." He shrugs casually. I narrow my eyes at him, trying to decipher what he's thinking. He glances at me from the corner of his eyes before focusing on the road again, a ghost of a smirk just touching his lips.

I instantly flush as my mind plays with the idea of the scenario Dylan just proposed. I hadn't actually considered any possibilities of us... doing the deed. Will he ever want to?

Of course he will, he's a guy! My subconscious states in a matter-of-fact tone.

Will I want to? I mean, I've had no past experiences but from what I've heard, the first time seriously hurts. I make a mental note to speak to Ava about this some other time. I guess you could call her somewhat experienced, being the first of us two to actually lose her, uhm, v-card. To Elliot, that is-- mind you.

"Please just pull the fuck over," Elliot moans, smacking the back of Dylan's seat. Dylan chuckles but carries on driving. "I swear to God I'm gonna jump out of this moving vehicle." Elliot makes an empty threat, all of us knowing full well he would do no such thing.

"No one's stopping you," Dylan jokes. "But now you can't, because we're here." He points out once he parks his car in a free space.

The car park is already filled with cars, presumably all of whom will be attending the carnival. I look around and notice that the sun is already setting, the sky is a dark shade of red mixed with blue. In the not too far distance I spot the place where all the action is occuring.

The first thing I take notice in are the bright, shining lights that illuminate the entire area. Different rides and game booths are dotted across the place. As we step through the welcoming open gates, the aroma of popcorn and grilled food invades my nostrils and I take an appreaciative intake of the addictive smell. Hmm, food.

I feel Dylan lace his fingers through mine as we walk past the din of the boisterous crowd, everyone seems to be smiling and genuinely enjoying themselves. That's what I like about carnivals and funfairs. You and hundreds of strangers are suddenly united in a fun environment where everyday worries seem to just be completely erased from your thoughts, if only for a day.

You become part of a temporary society where everyone's goal is to take part in the joyous anticipation of amusement and entertainment.

Gloomy weather or sore ankle couldn't stand in anyone's way, as we are all determined to make the best out of this one fun-filled night in which we're destined to be transported into a wild and wonderful world.

Yep, I'm definitely where I should be. In this place, surrounded by people I love and care about; I'll be damned if I don't have fun tonight. Dylan's grip on my hand suddenly tightens and I glance up at him, smiling giddily and eagerly like a little child. He glances down at me and smiles warmly, knowingly.

"Alright, where first?"

--------------------------------------

A/N: Okaaay so this was a filler chapter, but some things did have significance that contribute to future chapters. So chapter 33 will be the date chapter, I already know how I want it to go so it shouldn't take me long to update.

I was just wondering, how old are most of my readers? There are some things that I'm planning on writing in future chapters but I need to know that it will be suitable for everyone. So if you have any issues just comment or message me and I'll try to work around it :)

Please don't forget to vote and comment. I love you guys. Until next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 6.6K 45
Skylar Henderson is an average teen girl.... But when her day gone terribly it gets worse her parents die in an accident. Her guardian who she ha...
70 0 37
Kayla Tyler is the new girl at Charleston High. She is getting a fresh start after beating her illness. Her dad is a businessman who is recovering fr...
45.9K 654 31
Alice- Alice is one of the most shy girls in her high school. When a popular boy named Kendall meets her for the first time, they both find love at f...
9.5K 374 41
Melissa is an athlete, a girl with a soft heart, and is prettier than she lets herself believe. Daniel is the teacher's son, is introvert but is a ve...