The Pure One -✔- Book Two of...

By MariamSarhan

🌟🌟🌟COMPLETED🌟🌟🌟 🌟Book Two of the Phoenix Trilogy🌟 ⚠⚠⚠Please read the book one first to avoid confusio... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 1 Angels and Venus
Chapter 2 Angelic Genes
Chapter 3 The Awakening
Chapter 4 The Transformation
Chapter 5 Blood Bound No More?
Chapter 6 Tangled Love Stories
Chapter 7 To Dream or Not to Dream
Chapter 8 The Crystals
Chapter 9 Photographic Memory
Chapter 10 Blood in my Veins
Chapter 11 The Power Within
Chapter 12 Where The Heart Is
Chapter 13 The Task
Chapter 14 The Thorn In My Heart
Pre - Warning
Chapter 15 Punishment of the Heart
Chapter 16 Freedom from Death
Chapter 17 The Dive of Love
Chapter 18 The Mermadian Queen
Chapter 19 Innermost Desires
Chapter 20 The Siren's Sacrifice
Chapter 21 The Void
Chapter 22 The Nightmare Loop
Chapter 23 Twisted History
Chapter 24 Here We Come. . .
Chapter 25 Cave of Silence
Chapter 26 🔥 The Choice
Chapter 27 🔥 Siren's Blood
Chapter 28 🔥 The Cave
Chapter 29 🔥 Forged Bonds
Chapter 31 🔥 The Intruder
Chapter 32 🔥 The Rescue
Chapter 33 🔥 The Balancer
Chapter 34 🔥 The Amulet
Chapter 35 🔥 The Pure One
Chapter 36 🔥 The Siege
Chapter 37 🔥 The Angelicum
Chapter 38 🔥 Crystal Portal
Chapter 39 🔥 For Peace' Sake
🌟🌟🌟Announcements 🌟🌟🌟
Chapter 40🔥 Confrontation & Love
Finale 🔥 Part One
Finale 🔥 Part Two

Chapter 30 🔥 The Pearl of Peace

357 30 4
By MariamSarhan

Hi all! Here is a new chapter for my beloved readers. It's  supposed to be Friday's update but I have something to do that day so I posted on advance. Enjoy.

Love lots,
MARIAM SARHAN

~~~~○●○~~~●○●~~~○●○~~~~

The sun illuminated the rather horror themed scenery of the island. Aldrik was the only one awake but he was buried in a deep thought not even realising that daytime had come minutes ago.

Venus started to stir awake when the daylight created red spots on her closed eyes. The pinpricks of light penetrating through her eyelids pulled her consciousness back from a deep slumber and so did her other companions.

"Aldrik? Are you okay? You haven't slept, have you?" Her tirade of questions startled the Phoenician prince who was lost in his thoughts for hours. He was like sleeping with his eyes open.

"N-no, but it's alright. You were all exhausted."

"I must have dosed off too. My wounds are gone, thank Goddess. Guess, the art of healing really comes in handy." Daphne said while trying to flex her back muscles to test if she's fully healed.

"No sign of the Pearl?" Venus asked looking around the place but all she could see was an endless devastation.

"I'm sorry about all of this. Agnus is still out and healing slowly. I burnt him badly." Amelia blurted out when she saw the horror written on Vee's face.

"It's not your fault. You saved all of us. And Agnus saved you from combusting yourself. We just don't get the gist of the recovery process. Beats me though, how come some are faster than others." Daphne consoled her.

"You're still a mystery on that aspect, D." Aldrik answered her.

Daphne rolled her eyes at him, "not just me. I bet you're more faster."

Aldrik shook his head left and right, a ghost of a smile hinting on his lips. He then changed the subject, itching to ask the question hours ago, "what happened here exactly? The forest is all gone. It must took a very powerful fire." Aldrik asked out of curiosity.

"Blue fire happened." Daphne replied.

Both Adrik and Venus let out surprised gasps. They turned to look at Amelia questioningly. One was a look of curiosity while the other was concern.

"How on Phoenicia did that happened? This is crazy. You're the next Head Mistress. Is it possible? You were not chosen by the pull and not even full-fledged yet. There must be an explanation for this." Aldrik ranted to himself.

"Are you alright, Amy? Are you hurt anywhere?" Vee gave Aldrik a warning look before she sat beside Amelia and pried her body everywhere.

"Gosh mommy Vee. I'm okay." Amelia said giggling. She's very ticklish.

"I'm sure the masters have an answer to that. For now we need to focus on more pressing matters. So, what do we do now? Can someone start giving details on what happened inside the cave?" Daphne asked anxiously giving her full attention to Aldrik. Deep inside she really want to interogate the passed out Agnus more. It doesn't mean that she's not concerned for Amelia's situation. But for now, it's the least of their problems.

"Don't look at me. I don't understand  too. All I know is that, I should be the one gone. Not Marcus." Aldrik said. Guilt was eating him. How could he look straight to Venus knowing that she sacrificed the man she loves to save him.

"Aldrik. . ." Amelia whispered sadly as she turned to look at the sleeping Faerian. She knew the kind of guilt he's going through.

"No, don't you dare blame yourselves for anything." Venus told them both. "We all did what we could to save our friends. We can get through this together."

"We will. Just give them some time Vee." Daphne said in agreement.

"Marcus. . . He's not exactly gone. I knew what I had to do to save him while severing our blood bond. Well, I hope I did." Venus said in a quiet voice. Her voice quivered from suppressed emotions. She was starting to doubt herself if she really did the right thing.

"W-what do you mean?" Aldrik asked in apprehension. He saw some hope that Marcus could be saved.

"I shoved him somewhere. I mean, my pull did. I know he's alive. It's the only way for him to survive the cutting." Vee was looking down her lap like she could find her answers there.

"That's great! When do we see him again? Can't you call on your pull now to bring him back?" Aldrik suddenly was back to his old self. He was relieved to know that he didn't send Marcus to his doom. He may be his rival in Venus' heart but he never wanted him dead. Especially, in exchange for his life.

"Then what's the problem, Vee?" Daphne asked worriedly when she felt her trembling.

Something was wrong. Even Amelia saw that. Only Aldrik was unaware, blinded by his own happiness.

"Vee? It's okay. You can tell us when you're ready." Amelia held her shaking hand firmly.

Aldrik was pulled back from cloud nine because of this, he leaped towards Venus. He sat down in front of her and cupped her chin to look directly at her eyes, "whatever it is, we can find a way. As long as we know that he's alive."

"T-the pull. . . I-it disappeared." Vee said as she started to sob.

"Your powers?" Daphne asked confused.

"No! The pull that took Marcus away. It's gone. It tricked me. I don't know where Marcus is now. So how can I save him?" Venus ranted in hysterics. How could she be so stupid in trusting her pull. It always had a mind of its own. She was never able to control it. Now, she messed up everything. No Marcus. No Pearl.

"Yes, you can! You always do. Calm down and we can see through this like we always do." Amelia pulled her into her arms. She hugged her tight to let her know that she was never alone and she never will be.

Daphne followed suit hugging both of them then Aldrik, wrapping his arms around the three very special women of his life. Yes, Amelia included. He stopped looking at her as Melrick a long time ago when he realised how much the shifter loves Rufus. His eyes landed on the motionless body of Agnus hoping that he would soon wake up. He needs to know that Rufus wasn't dead. He couldn't be, he was the closest as a brother to him amongst the three.

"Well, well, well. Such a heartbreaking sight." A woman's voice surprised them from behind.

Venus eyes widened, "You, witch!" She turned around so fast that they all stumbled together and fell to the ground like a heap of hay.

But that didn't stop Venus from her anger as she jumped up in no time.

The bitch will pay.

Murderous thoughts run through her mind as looked directly towards where the voice came from. The voice she knew too well.

"S-Scalia? H-how come? It's not your voice." Venus stammered. She couldn't believe her eyes. Standing in front of them was a perfect replica of the Mermadian Queen only she's not blue but a normal looking person. Pale skin, light blue eyes and a long fiery red hair like Daphne's.

"So the invisible woman finally decides to grace us with her presence. I felt you, why hide? Who are you?" Aldrik asked cautiously as he stood beside Venus in a defensive stance. Daphne and Amelia followed on both sides.

"Does it matter? I thought we became close inside the cave?" The woman answered, taunting them like she did before.

"I don't have time for your games here. Do as you promised. Where's the Pearl." Venus demanded. The woman reminded her of her failures last night. The sooner they get the Pearl, the faster they could get out of the cursed island.

"Not so fast. I keep my words. But first things first. I need the amulet." The woman said. She moved sleek and graceful. Her sensitive parts were covered with glittery scales.

"Daphne, please search Agnus." Aldrik instructed without taking his eyes off from the woman. He doesn't trust her. Not one bit.

"Are you Scalia's twin?" Amelia couldn't stop herself from asking.

"Curious one, aren't you? All in good time. For now, you might want to hurry. The island will cease to exist soon since you already extracted both the Pearl and the Amulet."

The whole place shook and rumbled as soon as the woman said the words. They saw big waves coming their way from a mile, devouring everything. The island was sinking very fast.

"Nothing here! There's no amulet. He won't wake up. Damn it, Agnus!" Daphne shouted in panic. She slapped the Faerian hard so many times, his face was red and sore from the impact and yet, he didn't bulge. Not a slight stirring movement. His breathing was steady, slow and even.

"Tic, tac, tic, tac. Time is almost up." The woman goaded, crossing her arms on her chest. She was smirking, obviously enjoying the show.

"Vee, no matter what. Hold on to me." Amelia clasped her hand into hers firmly. Getting ready for the impact of waves.

But just as the water was about to devour them, it stopped. Raising higher up to twenty feet tidal wave. Then they saw Daphne standing in front of it, both her hands raised, palms out, controlling it. Her hair glowing bright red, flowing freely in every direction like it's dacing in the wind. A jaw dropping sight. No one was able to say a word, not even the woman with the same red hair.

Just when about they thought they'd seen it all, the Siren spread her hands wide apart and started to sing.

Creatures of the sea hear my plea
Send a cavalry towards me
This is your ruler, your Queen in the water
Hear my voice calling, I demand your submission under my power.

The water wall in front of them was soon filled with different kinds of sea creature. All were wagging their tails towards Daphne like excited pets. She produced a big air bubble around Agnus that carried him across the wall. Then another bubble for Aldrik.

"Amelia let go of Venus. One bubble per person." Daphne shouted.

Then two more bubbles appeared for Amelia and Venus. As they lined up inside the water wall, all the creatures scattered to enclose each bubble. Wrapping each one like a cocoon.

"Hey, Siren! What about me?" The woman called up to Daphne.

"You're not Scalia. Die bitch!"

True to her words, Daphne lets go of the wall and the water falls down full force devouring mercilessly the rest of the island including the woman. The bubbles were carried away by the current, huddled together safely by the creatures of the sea with their ruler floating beside them glowing brightly red.

Daphne's was glued on the woman who looked like Scalia who was pushed by the waves away from them. The smirk on the woman's lips didn't go unnoticed. D's brows furrowed, she have this nagging feeling that it won't be the last time they would see her.

As the water calmed down, the creatures left one by one. Daphne's power was spent just as a new bubble emerged and wrapped her body as she fainted. All the bubbles float up the sea surface. They were in the middle of nowhere with no land on sight.

"What now?" Amelia asked.

"We find land. We need to check on D." Vee answered as she focused on her telescopic eyes on a three hundred sixty angle but found none.

"I guess it's my time to help." Aldrik said as leaped high towards the sky dispersing his bubble. Then four huge red wings appeared. He was a sight to behold with his upper wingspan bigger than Venus and two smaller ones below it.

"Since when did he developed another set of wings?" Venus murmured to herself. She was sure it was just two, the last time she saw his wings at the garden.

But she didn't have time to ponder over it when Aldrik spread his fingers and two cords on each hand started to grow longer towards them. It was another new ability but Vee chose to keep her mouth shut. She watched it lacing like a ribbon wrapping on their bubbles securely. And with one swift motion his powerful wings lifted them effortlessly up towards the sky.

They travelled a couple of hours on high speed covering thousands of miles of distance when they spotted a shoreline. They were thankful for the bubbles otherwise this travel would have been impossible for them to breathe or even survive. The pressure and the speed were a combo that was never merciful to a body made from flesh. Not if you're Aldrik, of course. Or Venus perhaps.

Throughout the flying time, Venus was busy looking at Aldrik. She was envious about how he easily flies with those massive wings. She wanted to try it herself but she's scared she might fail. She never had her first flight outside especially this high. Never had the chance since she can't compromise her identity.

Aldrik landed them one by one. The bubbles evaporated as it hit the ground leaving Aldrik to be the last one to step down. The sands flowed everywhere as it danced through the strong currents of wind that Aldrik's wings created. It made them cover their faces with their sleeves and waited for it to clear out.

But the moment it did, a lone figure was standing by the water smirking at them. "Missed me?" A voice that sent shivers to their spines as the Scalia look alike appeared out of nowhere.

"Who the heck are you?" Amelia asked nervously voicing out the same question from her tongue-tied friends.

"I'm Pearl, bearer of the Amulet of Peace. The living sister of the Goddess Phoenix in the flesh."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

755K 19.9K 22
Ellie, a normal 16 year old girl in Gardina. She longs to meet the prince of Gardina but never had a chance. Until one day, something changed her lif...
1.4M 96.7K 24
#Book-2 in Lost Royalty series ( CAN BE READ STANDALONE ) Ekaksh Singh Ranawat The callous heartless , sole heir of Ranawat empire, which is spread...
444K 12.1K 30
Florence Cade is an ugly girl, with multi-millionaire parents. When she sees a video of her father and her 'best friend' Cara making a deal, all hope...
11.5K 418 29
"You never know what you have until you lose it..." "Giving up destroys you." :c: ||Alysha was on the brink of destruction; she was about to exp...