The Pure One -✔- Book Two of...

Par MariamSarhan

🌟🌟🌟COMPLETED🌟🌟🌟 🌟Book Two of the Phoenix Trilogy🌟 ⚠⚠⚠Please read the book one first to avoid confusio... Plus

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 1 Angels and Venus
Chapter 2 Angelic Genes
Chapter 3 The Awakening
Chapter 4 The Transformation
Chapter 5 Blood Bound No More?
Chapter 6 Tangled Love Stories
Chapter 7 To Dream or Not to Dream
Chapter 8 The Crystals
Chapter 9 Photographic Memory
Chapter 10 Blood in my Veins
Chapter 11 The Power Within
Chapter 12 Where The Heart Is
Chapter 13 The Task
Chapter 14 The Thorn In My Heart
Pre - Warning
Chapter 15 Punishment of the Heart
Chapter 16 Freedom from Death
Chapter 17 The Dive of Love
Chapter 18 The Mermadian Queen
Chapter 19 Innermost Desires
Chapter 20 The Siren's Sacrifice
Chapter 21 The Void
Chapter 22 The Nightmare Loop
Chapter 23 Twisted History
Chapter 24 Here We Come. . .
Chapter 25 Cave of Silence
Chapter 26 🔥 The Choice
Chapter 27 🔥 Siren's Blood
Chapter 28 🔥 The Cave
Chapter 30 🔥 The Pearl of Peace
Chapter 31 🔥 The Intruder
Chapter 32 🔥 The Rescue
Chapter 33 🔥 The Balancer
Chapter 34 🔥 The Amulet
Chapter 35 🔥 The Pure One
Chapter 36 🔥 The Siege
Chapter 37 🔥 The Angelicum
Chapter 38 🔥 Crystal Portal
Chapter 39 🔥 For Peace' Sake
🌟🌟🌟Announcements 🌟🌟🌟
Chapter 40🔥 Confrontation & Love
Finale 🔥 Part One
Finale 🔥 Part Two

Chapter 29 🔥 Forged Bonds

297 33 6
Par MariamSarhan

Hi to all! As usual, here's your Friday update. Enjoy reading. Please vote if liked it. I really would love to hear from anyone's perspective on how you find the story so far. Do you like it? I really would appreciate it. Thanks guys!

Love lots,
Mariam Sarhan

~~~~~●○●~~~○●○~~~●○●~~~~~

When the fire dissipated, Adrik was unbelievably intact. Both Venus and Marcus were surprised yet relief was written on their faces while the Phoenician prince was tongue tied in disbelief. He was wondering what actually happened when he was supposed to be combusted given the fact that the tank made him vulnerable to his own powers.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. You know I hate cheaters on my game. That tank makes you vulnerable but obviously I'm the one running the show here. Don't pull any suicidal attempt again or else. . ." The voice warned them.

Then added threatening them, "hmnnn, now where were we? Ah. About the punishment. Don't think that you could get away with it without consequences, do you?"

"Thank goodness! Aldrik, don't do that again. Do you hear me? I swear I'm gonna kill you if we get out of here alive." Venus stated when she recovered from shock, ignoring the threats. She was just glad no one was hurt.

"That's right. If, only if, you get out alive." The voice butted in, menacingly.

"Shut up, you bipolar hobo! Nobody is scared of your threats." Venus shouted.

The voice's laughter enveloped the place once again. A sound that would make your blood run cold.

"Get on with the game. We don't have all night." Marcus suddenly said in a calculated voice.

"Of course, but, before that. . ." The voice replied mysteriously then a gurgling sound followed.

"Aldrik!" Venus shouted in surprise to see his tank filled with water up to his chin. "That's not fair!"

". . . He cheated. A just punishment. And if I were you, better shut up or else I'll punish the Vampire prince too." The voice sounded just beside Venus which made her jump, startled.

"And Aldrik? Before you think if doing anything again. Please remember I will drown Marcus first." The voice added, the sound was like she was just standing beside Aldrik's tank.

"Understood," was Aldrik's curt answer.

"By the way, take your time in answering. Your friends will be finished off by the monsters by then." The voice added, taunting them more.

"Mind! My answer is mind. For the greater good. The heart could wait. And in the literal sense of the word, the brain is heavier than the heart." Venus answered hastily after hearing about her other friends.

The voice snickered. "My, my, my. Was that an emotional and literal answers? Nice try but both wrong! Additional question."

"Wait! How's that wrong? I believe you asked a question which have no right or wrong answer to it!" Venus insisted.

"Marcus, which one is heavier? Heart or Mind?" The voice made the additional question and ignored Venus who was now seething from where she was standing.

Venus was raging inside. "Ahhhh! Take this you, hobo!" She was like a petulant child having a massive tantrum while waving everywhere in the air her middle finger.

"Payback is a bitch. You're not the only one who could play the ignoring game. Oh wait, you gave me an idea. Why don't we play that game instead? I bet it's more fun." The voice was chuckling as she teased.

"My answer is heart. I would die for the one that I love." Marcus' answer silenced the voice and made Vee stop immediately and stare at him sadly. She sniffed but straightened her back to act unaffected, secretly wiping a lone tear that fell from her eye.

"And die you shall if you try another trick. And guess what? Wrong again!"

Venus gasped as she watched water filled Marcus' tank right up to his chin as well.

"We had two wrong answers. Does that mean we can't have the Pearl anymore?" Aldrik asked all of a sudden after a long moment of silence.

"Hmnn. Very smart. Yes, you failed." The voice answered.

"But. . ." Marcus followed up.

"As expected for the both of you. Really sharp. Pity for someone who's literally not."

"What the fudge! Why you. . . Witch! I'm not stupid, you biatch!" Venus was beyond angry. Though deep inside she really don't have any idea what the conversation was all about. She would die first before she admits it, of course.

The woman's voice made a quiet chuckling sound as if she was suppressing it then said, "but!" She paused and cleared her throat, "being the generous person that I am. I would give you another shot at the Pearl."

"If. . ." Aldrik asked sharply.

"If Venus would cut one of your bonds. Which one? A bond forged by heart or a bond forged by fate?"

"If she does that then you will give the Pearl?" Marcus asked.

"Yes."

"And what about their freedom? You think you could trick me?" Venus spat.

"Oh! I thought you'd never ask. That depends on you." The voice answered mysteriously.

"No! That's asking for their death!" Venus mumbled in disbelief. She knew exactly what was at stake. Breaking blood bond means death and if she choose Marcus it means cutting Aldrik's life source.

"So, what's the decision?" The voice insisted.

"Why do you want their life? Take mine instead." Venus was getting angrier and angrier. Who gave this woman the right to toy with their lives. She didn't sign up for this quest to throw away anyone's life. If there's someone dying, it should be her.

"Vee, accept the term. Save Aldrik and finish the quest." Marcus told her.

"No, Marcus. It should be me. I cannot take her happiness away. Vee, listen to me. Cut my bond." Aldrik insisted otherwise.

"No! I won't let anyone die on this quest." Venus said stubbornly.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. Such passion. But too late! Your demon friend is already gone." The voice said.

"Rufus? What did you do to him? I swear I'm gonna kill you." This time Venus was shaking with anger. She's slowly losing control over herself. Vee couldn't believe her ears. Maybe, she didn't hear it right.

"Me? No. I didn't do anything. Ask your Faerian friend." The voice replied unperturbed.

"What. Do. You. Mean. By. That! Rufus is not dead!" Venus said in a throaty voice filled with rage. 

"My inamorata, listen. Calm yourself down. You're starting to disappear. We couldn't afford that now." Marcus talked to her softly.

But Venus was out of it. She couldn't hear anything.  She was seeing red.

"Vee, please control it. I know you can." Aldrik pleaded.

"Let her! As expected. She doesn't  deserve the Pearl or any of you for the matter. Run along Venus. That's what you are. A coward." The voice goaded her more.

Coward? Yes, I was. But not anymore. Venus thoughts were jumbled along with the bonds.

Choose Aldrik. We chose him.

No! Choose Marcus, you chose him.

Aldrik was chosen for the greater purpose. He deserve to live.

So does Marcus. You cannot use him then throw away afterwards. You will not be able to live with yourself.

"STOP!" Venus started to materialize again as she clutched her head. She couldn't continue to listen to the bonds anymore. It won't help her situation. However, the argument inside her head gave her the answer to the problem.

"All this time, you never stopped the riddle. Yes, I accept the term." Venus said solemnly.

It earned surprised gaps from her three companions. Her sudden calmness was way more threatening than her previous outbursts. Even the voice felt the danger laced on her undertone.

"I may be slow but as I said I'm not stupid. It's the reason why, I was given this impossible task. I know now what to do." Venus continued as she walked in a steady slow pace towards the center of the place. The cave was dead silent.

Vee raised her hands and a white cord with an intricate vine patterns came out then she stated, "I, Venuscha Andrews, cut my blood bond with Prince Marcus Clamointa."

After her declaration, the white cord surged towards Marcus and enveloped his body with a very bright light then disappeared. Just as soon as the act was done another white cord came out of her. But this time, it had a thorny vines pattern. It circled the opening as fast as a lightning like it was searching for something then it stopped. Enveloping a slender figure floating in the air.

"L-let me go!" The woman's voice shouted nervously.

"Release us and I will let you live." Venus answered, void of any emotion.

"Very well. Job well done. The Pearl will be with you outside." The voice said sighing.

The tank crystals exploded. Then a white smoke enveloped the whole place. The next moment it all cleared out. Venus and Aldrik found themselves standing at the mouth of the cave looking at a bloody Daphne, burnt Agnus and a passed out Amelia in a middle of a sea of black ashes.

"What happened here? Where's Rufus?" Venus asked nervously.

The two were startled and looked at her sadly.

"W-where's Marcus, Vee?" Daphne asked in apprehension.

"H-he's gone. For now. . ." Vee replied then fainted.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

158K 9.9K 45
Elizabeth has been ruling her kingdom for 3 years now. She's gone through countless advisors in those 3 years. When she's finally ready to give up on...
2.5K 243 9
His heart .... sensitive and broken. Her heart .... loving and caring. Or so he thought. || Completed ||
11.5K 418 29
"You never know what you have until you lose it..." "Giving up destroys you." :c: ||Alysha was on the brink of destruction; she was about to exp...
1.4M 96.8K 24
#Book-2 in Lost Royalty series ( CAN BE READ STANDALONE ) Ekaksh Singh Ranawat The callous heartless , sole heir of Ranawat empire, which is spread...