Snow White In Distress | ᴛᴀᴇʜ...

By seopresso

Olivia Knight ran far away from her problems, only to cause more by ending up in the same bed as the sole hei... More

- | foreword
- | cast
- | playlist: deception
- | playlist: 기만
- | act one
01 | bloody mary & drunk talks
02 | regrets & fake smiles
03 | first meets & gossips
04 | emergencies & coffee dates
05 | conversations & texts
06 | royal parties & hidden truths
07 | repercussions & revelations
08 | headlines & spotlight
09 | friendships & feelings
11 | sheep & wolves
12 | thunder & lightning
13 | stitches & salvation
14 | loyalty & royalty
15 | champagne & sunshine
- | act two
16 | intoxicated & oblivion
17 | winter & solace
18 | drinks & winks
19 | awkwardness & pretence
20 | devil & angel
21 | love & lust (m)
22 | locked & freed
23 | blue skies & violet skies
24 | heartbreak & sorrows
25 | shocks & stupors
26 | grief & hold
27 | unconditionally & fond
28 | offsets & outbursts
29 | minutes & hours
30 | ecstacy & torn
- | epilogue
- | acknowledgements
- | note

10 | caffeine & carpe diem

3.3K 179 86
By seopresso

1 0

CAFFEINE & CARPE DIEM

I asked for you and you gave me your world.

════════════════

I WALKED TO the door and reversed the sign board. Café Edwardico was finally open after being shut for a day.

"Doesn't it feel great?" Julia asked. I turned my head to look at her and she continued, "To reverse that sign board and open the café once again, after much hardwork?" I nodded ecstatically.

"This is why you should work in the café," Julia finally commented and I shot her a nasty look.

I mumbled, "How dare you when you know how much I love my profession!"

"Ah, calm down, woman. I'm joking," Julia laughed nervously as she moved her hands to signal a denial.

"Do we get something in return, for working so hard, Jules?" Chen asked, as he got up from the chair he was previously sitting on. Julia raised an eyebrow and folding her hands, she huffed.

"Ah, why not I gift you the entire café, sweet Chen?"

"I'd like that. It'd be a good business plan after retirement."

"Do not tempt me to throw something at you, you moron," Julia sneered.

"But I worked. That too, on a day when I was supposed to sit at home and chill," Chen complained, jokingly. Shiza who was seated beside him, laughed. Julia glared at them and replied, "You did nothing but seize the opportunity to flirt with my employee, Chen."

Chen faked offense and gasped, "I cannot believe you accused me of that!"

Julia waved him off and looked at him nonchalantly, "Just telling the truth."

"You're so ungrateful," Chen huffed and frowned. "Remind me to never work for you."

Julia was quick to reply back as she slyly smiled, "Ah, well, I never did ask you to help me, you know."

Chen groaned. Shiza giggled beside him and I laughed. Few seconds in, I quickly piped in, "Kids, kids. Keep your cool. Stop eating each other's head."

Chen remained in the café for a while after that, talking to us and occasionally sneering at Julia. It was something they shared. Julia adored Chen and so did he. It was often via these casual arguments they bonded and moreover, it amused me how well Chen and Julia did get along in the end.

Chen did leave, an hour later, after telling me that he'd visit me later some time to watch a movie together since the day was one among the few days we got our leave together. 

"Don't bother coming home. It'd mean I've to see your ugly face for a longer time," Julia snorted and took out few cake pieces and put them into a box. She smiled and handed it over to Chen.

"I may hate you, darling, but you did help me. So, here you go." She stretched her hand and handed over the parcel to Chen. Chen laughed and took it.

"I'll bring wine when I come over tonight. Don't have to bribe me, Jules," Chen teased.

"Please walk out of my café, before I kick you out."

"Fine, Medusa," Chen stuck his tongue out. "I'll gladly walk out of your cave."

"Why do you hang out with idiots?" Julia asked me and I merely smiled. Chen yelled, "You're one among them, idiot."

"Leave, please."

"I'm going, grandma. Bye!" He waved to all of us and winked at Shiza, as he left the café. The poor girl was left terribly blushing. I laughed at how red she had turned.

"And to think I'm handling his bullcrap only because I want him and Shiza to get together," Julia mumbled. Shiza merely pressed her lips together and looked down.

My phone quickly rang and I looked down on my phone. Taehyung was calling. My eyes widened as to why he'd call at this moment. However, only with a second's hesitation though, I picked up the call.

"Olivia?" His deep voice came out deeper than usual through the phone. I nibbled on my lip as I was left in a trance on hearing his voice. "Are you there?"

"Yeah."

"If I were to ask you to have coffee with me, now, would you be up for it?" He asked as he nervously chuckled. I smiled wide and Julia raised an eyebrow at me as soon as she saw me smile like I had hit the jackpot.

"Well, to your good luck, I'm actually in the café," I replied.

"What? Really?"

"Yeah," I giggled at his surprise.

"Don't you have work today?" Taehyung asked, genuinely surprised.

"No. Ha, it's alright, Taehyung. We could have a coffee now," I told him.

"That's great. Where do I meet you?" He asked.

"Ah, you do know the club we met right? Mundane Talks? It's about two blocks away from that. Café Edwardico," I gave him the directions.

"I know the place," Taehyung replied ecstatically.

"Then, come over. I'll be here, waiting," I smiled to myself as I told him that. To say I wasn't excited would be a lie. I was beyond excited, in fact. Taehyung was a great person and the thought that he'd wanted to meet me, made me feel special. After all, I am only human.

════════════════

I AM ONLY human. So, when a fine man dressed in some really fit pants and white silk shirt walk in my direction, I generally stand there, transfixed and gawk at the person.

And that's when I'm not drunk.

I noticed Taehyung walking down our road, ten minutes back and I was dazed. Something about him gave out this aura that just had people turn their heads and look at him. He radiated his royalty well and made his presence know, yet it was more than that. Something I just couldn't even explain. Ultimately, Kim Taehyung was broodingly handsome and it was a fact.

As he got closer to the café, almost at the range where he could see the insides of the café from the exterior, he smiled joyously, like a boy who was given a candy. He saw me and waved at me. I couldn't help but smile, as I waved back in response.

He pushed open the door to the café and Julia head shot up to see who the customer was. I instantly stood up. Taehyung walked in and Julia rushed forward.

"Your highness," Julia curtsied and my eyes widened. Julia Edwards curtsied. Never in my whole life did I think I'd see Julia curtsy.

"Ah, and you might be?" Taehyung asked, ever so politely.

"Julia Edwards, your highness," she said so courteously that I was shocked. Never had I once imagined that I'd see Julia so polite to any stranger and here she was being so respectful to Taehyung.

"Call me Taehyung, Julia. It's a pleasure to meet you," Taehyung responded so naturally with that wide smile of his that made my heart swell.

I walked closer to both of them. I was truly glad that Julia and Taehyung had a good first encounter. Even though Julia adored Xavier in the beginning, halfway through everything changed, and I guess, I'd agree. Everything somehow changed.

"Olivia," Taehyung smiled so happily and I felt relieved that he actually did feel glad on seeing me.

"Hey, Tae," I waved. Julia gasped and muttered, "Psst, you meant this Kim Taehyung?"

"Do you know any other Kim Taehyung?" I pretended to whisper. Taehyung laughed and asked, "So, this is your café, Julia?"

"Yes. It's been mine for a year or so now and I truly cherish it," Julia spoke, confidentally. Every time, Julia spoke about the café, it made me look at her in awe. If there was one thing Julia was proud of, it was this. She let it grow. She made it popular. And Julia Edwards was the sole reason why Café Edwardico was doing so well.

"It's so aesthetic," Taehyung looked around and gawked. I chuckled and said, "Ah, well our hard work today paid off." Julia nodded, overjoyed.

"Both of you should order something and take a seat," Julia chided. "Converse. Catch up and get along." She winked at me and walked towards the counter. Shiza walked from the pantry at that moment.

To say Shiza was confused would be an understatement. She looked at Taehyung and gaped, "How can you be so beautiful?"

Julia laughed but instantly, covered it up with a cough and sternly said, " Shiza! You do not say that out loud to our customer."

Taehyung looked at me, nervously, yet he smiled at Shiza and Julia, being as courteous as possible. I looked at them, praying and hoping they'd understand the signals to shut up I was sending through my eyes.

"You should go help them out, Shiza, since they're our first customers," she informed her and then looking at us, "Your highness, Olivia. Go ahead and take a seat," Julia gestured us to the next table.

Taehyung nodded and walked me to my seat, only to be gentlemanly and pull the chair out for me. I simply smiled and sat down, giving him a nod to inform that I appreciated his efforts.

Taehyung sat opposite to me. He quickly mumbled to me, "This is not how cafés work."

I let out a light laugh and replied, "I know. You're getting the royal treatment. Enjoy while it lasts –"

Taehyung interjected, "I'm just a nice person getting nice favours from the people who love him."

"– since that's forever either way."

Shiza came by our table quicker than expected and took down our orders. A
Double Chocolate Chip Frappuchino for me and an Espresso for Taehyung.
She nodded and went ahead to actually go and make the order.

"How's Jimin doing, Tae?" I asked. The thought still bothered me. Jimin talking to me like he was betrayed, Jimin walking away from me like I had done him wrong, Jimin not turning to my call like I didn't matter – it all hurt me worse than I thought it would.

The thing is I needed people to like me. It was a weird craving. The very thought of someone disliking me scared me. Why? I never knew. My heart palpitated every time the thought of someone hating me came up back in my head.

"Jimin's doing well. That idiot should be doing much more than breathe and eat the food I provide," Taehyung complained with a groan. I expressed mirth and I was pretty sure my eyes had turned crescent moon-like.

Shiza came in with a tray with our orders. She smiled at Taehyung and looked at him intently as if he was some sort of celebrity. Ah, well, he is a celebrity.

"Thank you, Shiza," Taehyung thanked her. His voice, turning out deeper than usual, only got Shiza to blush more than ever and quickly bowed down in respect and scurried away, out of embarrassment.

"Did I do anything wrong?" Taehyung asked me, worriedly. I shook my head and pursed my lips. He looked at me, confused and I quickly blurted out, "We're all a bit weird over here."

This got Taehyung to laugh out loud and I smiled.

I got him to laugh. Achievement Unlocked.

"How long are you here for?" I asked. Taehyung took a sip of his espresso, as I stirred my drink. He hummed and then, lifted his head to look at me.

"Maybe two or three months. I need to analyse the trade affairs and if the kingdom would be benefitted and would use up the profits well, if there were, which would definitely be existent. It's a lot more analysing and instinct crap," Taehyung explained in a monotonous voice. I looked at him as I blinked once and then, a second time.

"That's long," I commented, taking a huge sip of my drink.

"Not exactly. It'll fly by, quicker than you know."

"I hope not. You're a nice company," I hummed.

Taehyung chuckled, not like he was mocking me but as if he was genuinely surprised. Finishing off his espresso, he answered, "Well, sweetheart," he leans forward and the continued, "You still do get a hell lot timid and shy when talking to me."

My cheeks heated up and I quickly looked down and took another sip of my Double Chocolate Chip Frappuchino. In that moment, the drink seemed like it needed all my attention.

"And there you go, getting all shy, again," Taehyung cooed. "You're so cute."

"Tae," I whined.

Julia and Shiza, who were evidently listening to our conversation as we were the only ones in the café, whistled. I groaned and hit my head onto the desk. Taehyung let out a breathy chuckle and it was the most beautiful sound I'd heard that day. Deep, serene, and beautiful.

I chugged down the rest of my drink, ignoring Taehyung telling me to slow down and once I was done, I voiced out my contentment.

My attention quickly darted to the bushes that made up the lush greenery outside the café. The leaves rustled and I found it rather unusual for the day was not even that breezy.

I watched through the window, intently. However, this time the leaves were at ease and everything seemed normal. Scoffing at the idea my mind made up, I rapidly directed all my attention back at Taehyung.

Taehyung and I spoke about absolutely random things. It almost reminded me of the conversation we had that day when we first met. About craziest experiences to the most daring ones were shared and to me, at that moment, it felt like I'd know Taehyung forever.

An hour or so later, Taehyung stood up, taking his leave in the most courteous way, after telling me that he had an appointment to attend.

"I'll meet you later, Liv," Taehyung said. His eyes sparkled a certain charm I only wished my eyes did.

"Hopefully, Tae," I nodded. To my surprise, Taehyung pulled me in for a hug. My breath was caught and my eyes widened.

Taehyung was really tall. Not that I didn't notice that earlier, but he was really tall. I hardly came up to his shoulders and hence, my face burrowed itself into his chest. A sudden cascade of sparks ran down my spine.

Leaning forward, Taehyung promptly muttered into my ear, "I'll be sure to see you later, snowflake. I want to see you later."

I placed my hands on his broad chest and pushed myself back from his grip. Blushing, I avoided eye contact as much as possible. He smiled at me innocently as if nothing had happened and that made my heart drum quicker.

Bidding farewell, Taehyung walked out of the café, leaving me in a state of euphoria and confusion. I didn't know what to react, for I was having a heard time to comprehend everything. Shiza and Julia cooed and I just sat back on the chair and stared into the space as I wondered.

What am I really getting myself into?

════════════════

annyeong haseyo!

this chapter is dedicated to jiminification because she's really nice. also, she writes so good, dammit.

i hope you had a great week. drop by and tell me all about it. bts looked so good during the amas and that vlive was everything I needed to make my day better.

vote and comment, if you liked the chapter and drop by your feedback. i'd appreciate that. my updates are a lot frequent now, wow. thank you. saranghae.

much love, ruth x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.8K 2.5K 46
❝I'm a parasite now and you're the host. So wherever you go, I go.❞ In which Kim Taehyung aims to win the heart of his first love, Min Sooyeong, howe...
298K 13.8K 27
❝ i miss you and your tasteless dishes. they weren't perfect, but at least they were made by you- so i loved them. ❞
457K 15.5K 25
Will one kiss ruin their friendship forever ?
18K 1.2K 25
"It's the broken heart that weilds the mightiest sword." A kingdom torn to shreds; a royal court thrown into turmoil; a horrendous fate and a fallen...