Royal Pain (Book One)***Compl...

romolavinia91 által

Dark, riveting, passionate, love, betrayal, revenge, evil Warning!!!! This is a first draft. If you want the... Több

1. The Beginning
2. The New World
3. Tackle Time
4. Date With Darius
5. Ice Cream With a Vampire
6. History Lesson
7. Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
8. Innocent Culprits
9. Predator vs. Prey
10. Guilty Mind
11. First Elimination
12. Butterflies and Shock Waves...
13. Never Beg for Mercy
14. An Unwanted Surprise
15. Nothing's Ever Fair
16. To Defy a Vampire
17. Hidden Little Secret
18. Rebels With A Cause
20. Mask of Many Faces
21. Comforting Times
22. Sleepless Night
23. Struggles of the Heart
24. Promiscuous Ways
25. Birthday Wishes
26. Confessions
27. Waking To A Dream
28. Broken Dreams
29. Distractions
30. Chosen Queen
THE END
BONUS

19. Beach Bums

285K 3.4K 264
romolavinia91 által

Deva was relaxing on her bed listening to music when she felt someone pulling on her legs. Marcus was smiling wickedly at her. "Come on love it's time to go to the beach."

"The beach?"

"Yup. So quit wasting time and put something more revealing on."

She threw a pillow at him. "What if I don't want to go?"

"Love, don't make me use force because I swear I can't control my hands once they touch a beautiful girl's skin."

She rolled her eyes. "I don't want to go."

"Deva this is supposed to be a reward for all the dance practice you ladies have been going through for the past two days. So don't complain and just accept our generosity for even taking you out."

"Oh I feel so honored."

For two days, the Queen had forced them into practice since the ball was scheduled to a closer date. Deva had also been busying herself with other things to distract herself from bumping into Darius. She hadn't spoken to him since the night he stayed with her. It was something she wasn't ready to get into. Her relationship with Darius was too complicated and the more she avoided it the less she stressed about it.

"Alright then, force it is." He easily lifted her over his shoulder and made his way to her wide open closet. "I might even dress you."

"You wish." She smacked his butt and he placed her down. "Give me a few minutes."

"Only a few or else I'm coming back."

"Sure sure." As soon as he left she undressed and pulled on a black strappy cut one piece bathing suit. Then she threw on some shorts and a loose knit shirt to cover up as much skin as she could when going to the beach.

Walking out the door, she put on her aviator sunglasses and jumped onto Marcus' back. He lifted her up to better her position and she wrapped her legs around his torso. "I'm ready, baby boo."

"Don't call me that."

"Aww but I like it." She teased.

The princes decided to take all three of their cars. In the garage, the girls began tag naming who they were going to ride with.

Deva was still on Marcus' back. "Shot gun Marcus' car."

Julia gave her a glare. "Fine. Shoty on Marcus' car when we come back."

Marcus' chuckled. "I love the sound of women fighting over me."

The car ride there was short and pleasant. The beach looked like a dream of perfection. Deva couldn't believe a place like that existed. The sand was white and the water was so blue and clear it was hard to believe it was an ocean.

"Beautiful isn't it?" Darius whispered in her ear.

"Breathtaking."

She walked forward and the warm white sand between her toes felt like a cloud. The water was a gorgeous blue and the waves hitting the bank back and forth were calming.

"Come on baby boo. I promise it's much better up close." Marcus took her hand and led her to the water.

Two of the girls were setting up blankets while the other two were taking off their over clothes to tan in the sun. Deva took her escape and started wondering the beach on her own little adventure. The breezy air was exactly what she needed.

She spotted a figure a small distance from her but as he approached her vision saw his face. Max was coming her way. "What are you doing here?" She asked.

"Can't a vampire enjoy a day in the sun?"

"Well actually I was wondering why you weren't burning." She asked with all seriousness.

He chuckled. "Because sweet Deva this world was designed and made specifically for vampires. The sun here is not like the one you are used to."

"But the human sun can harm you?"

"Yes, it can weaken us but not kill us."

"Interesting." She continued her walking and he followed her. "Is there something you needed Max?"

"Not really I just like looking at your beautiful face."

She stopped to stare at him, and his deep eyes were telling her he was speaking the truth, but before she could respond with a smart-alecky remark she heard her name being called.

"Deva," Lucian was closing the distance separating them. He didn't look too happy to see Max. "Deva you shouldn't wander off alone. You don't know what's out here."

She looked innocently into his eyes. "But I was only going for a walk, and I happened to bump into Max."

"My point exactly," He stared Max up and down with a look of utter distain.

"Well hello cousin," Max said with a sick twisted smile on his face.

Deva felt the tension even with the wide open scenery. "You two are cousins?"

"Yes, unfortunately." Lucian replied then turned to her. "Let's go back."

"What if I don't want to?"

"Deva this isn't up for discussion."

She pouted, "Why do you have to take the fun out of everything?"

"You want fun?" His face was back to its playful streak.

"I don't like that look in your eyes," she said taking a few steps back, but Lucian only followed her with a predator look on his face. They had completely forgotten about Max while Deva made a run for it. She sprinted down the sandy beach as fast as she could, but of course it wasn't fast enough for a vampire. He roped his arms around her and spun her into the air. She laughed but feared for what he would do next.

"Now Loosh remember I'm a fragile human; you have to be gentle with me."

"Oh I remember," he said with a husky voice. She felt his nose bury into her hair. He was enjoying his control over her. She decided to take it back. She threw her hand up and wrapped it around his neck while angling her head to the side up to see his face better.

"Loosh have I ever told you how hot you look with your shirt off?"

He narrowed his eyes, trying to figure her out. Her comment stopped his approach towards the water and she relaxed. Maybe this was going to be easy. "No you haven't baby doll."

"Well you do." She turned in his arms to face him. "So hot that I want to bake cookies on you."

"Cookies?" He chuckled lightly. She leaned in and nudged her nose against his as she started walking them towards the water again.

"And you know what I'll do with those cookies?" She tried her best to sound sexy.

"What?" He whispered.

"I'll eat them off your bare chest."

"I'm fine with that as long as I get to..." He stopped and she decided to push it farther. They were almost at the water were she was planning on pushing him in.

"To what?"

His grin was so sexy and attractive that it made Deva get distracted. He leaned in and whispered into her ear seductively. "To return the favor."

She didn't have time to respond before she was thrown into the water. She couldn't believe he had the upper hand. She splashed around before stomping out of the water in a rampage. Lucian was laughing his head off. She walked right passed him even though he was trying to apologize.

"You wanted fun, and you should know better than trying to seduce a vampire."

She didn't say anything back, but she forged over to where Darius was setting up a volleyball net. He was leaning down so Deva easily jumped on his back before he got up. She wrapped her wet arms around his neck and he didn't seem bothered in the least.

"What happened sweetheart?"

"We're friends, right?"

"Yes," he seemed a bit anxious.

"And friends do friends favors, right?"

He laughed as he turned around and faced her beautiful wet pouty face. "What happened? What is it that you want sweetheart?"

"Loosh pushed me in the water. I'm not strong enough to throw him in myself. Will you bestest best friend do it for me? Please with a cherry on top."

He looked more than pleased to help her out with this small favor. "Anything for you sweetheart."

Darius got up and Deva watched as he stocked over to Lucian who at the time was talking to one of the girls. Darius used his ability to block Lucian's vision before smashing their bodies together and throwing Lucian full force into the water. Lucian came out of the water looking like a model out of a magazine.

He didn't use his vampire speed to get out of the water quicker but stopped in front of her and said, "I'll give you that one and next time use all the physical contact you want baby cause I won't be complaining." He walked off, and Deva felt her cheeks begin to blush. Darn Lucian and his hot bod.

The rest of the afternoon on the beach was wasted by playing volleyball. Marcus, Julia, and Deva were always teamed together and always dominated. All three of them were very competitive and they had a good time trash talking the other team together.

The day was quietly coming to an end and the sun began to set. The sky filled with florescent pink and lavender blue; colors Deva had never seen so vibrant before. The new world she found herself in was so magical; she felt like it was a dream, and soon enough she was going to wake up and find it all gone.

A cold breeze filled the air and Deva rubbed her arms to get some kind of warmth. Then she spotted Darius trying to make a bonfire and went right up to him. He stopped assembling the wood and stared down at her tiny figure that was blocking him from doing his work.

She didn't say anything as she reached forward and started to unzip his sweater from him. Inch by inch, his glorious chest was revealed until she completely slipped the sweater off his body and whipped it around her own shoulders.

"I was cold," she finally spoke and seriously enjoyed the baffled yet lustful expression on his face from her very bold move.

He smirked before leaning down and stealing a quick kiss from her mocking lips. "I'm glad I can help."

"Me too."

Lucian and Marcus walked over and began to finish what Darius had started with the bonfire. By the time the fire was burning, the sun was completely gone. Marcus pulled out a cooler and passed around alcoholic drinks for everyone.

He tried handing Deva a beer but she scrunched her nose. "No thanks. I hate beer." She turned to Lucian and snatched his dark brown bottle that she knew contained something better than beer.

"Really," Lucian responded.

"Sharing is a good way to a woman's heart." She blurted.

He raised his brow dramatically. "Even yours?"

"When it's the good stuff." Deva sat down on one of the logs the princes set up around the fire. The other girls were drowning down the beers like no tomorrow which resulted in them attaining incredibly flirtatious attitudes.

"Let's play truth or dare," Deana clapped her hands together like an excited little three year old girl.

"Yesss let's," Red slurred leaning closer to Darius' arm.

The brothers didn't really comment, but Deva noticed Marcus' grin and figured he'd have a kick out of this game.

"Let me guess you want to play seven minutes in heaven after?" Julia asked Deana while taking a sip of her girly drink.

"That is definitely an option," she giggled then after licked her bottom lip seductively at Marcus.
Deva laughed at her ridiculous attempt for attention.

"It should be an interesting game," Lucian confessed. Deva figured he would be the last person to agree.

Deana clapped her hands once again, and Deva vowed to smack her over the face if she ever did that childish annoying clap again.

"I'll go first," Deana sounded enthusiastic. "Lucian, truth or dare?"

"Truth," he said quickly.

"Aww you're no fun. Fine, how many people have you killed?"

Deva drew her eyes over the planes of his face as he responded. "Too many to remember."

"Have you ever killed an innocent person?" Deana pushed on. Deva suddenly found herself very curious to know his answer.

"I believe you are only allowed to ask one question at a time," was his only response before Red picked up where they left off.

"Marcus, truth or dare?"

"Dare," he said staring her straight in the eyes.

Red rubbed her chin pretending to think then snapped her fingers together when she had something. "I dare you to give us a lap dance."

"Oh please don't," Lucian groaned knowing his brother would anyway.

Marcus got up and started slowly and seductively pulling his shirt up. The girls went wild with praises; yelling, "Take it off."

Deva's stomach was hurting from all the laughter she was making. When Marcus was finally bare chested showing the girls all his glory he made his way to Deva and Julia waddling his butt from side to side before going to the other girls.

Eventually Deva let out a wolf howl once he was close to finishing. Darius and Lucian silently drank their beers and watched the girls' reaction to their brother's ridiculous display.

Marcus huffed out a chuckle before sitting back down. "Alright my turn," Marcus turned to scan the beautiful faces around him before stopping at Deva. "Deva love, truth or dare?"

She narrowed her eyes and really contemplated whether she should choose dare or not. After all this was Marcus, who knows what kind of dares were in his head.

"Dare," she forced out already regretting her answer.

"I dare you to kiss Julia," he smoothly put.

Deva snapped her head at him. "What?"

"You heard me love." He was grinning ear to ear. Julia looked just as confused as Deva felt.

Deana had to break the silence with her annoying flat comments. "Come on Deva. Give us a show."

Deva raised her brow in Deana's direction. "Are you a lesbian or something?"

"Nooo," Deana spoke making it clear to the princes she was into men. "But I would be more outgoing and adventurous than you. If you keep it up your boring attitude will land you a seat home."

Deva seriously doubted that but decided to go with it. "If only that were true. Fine, what the heck..."

Marcus shook his head in disbelief. "Really? You'll do it?" Obviously he didn't think she would do it.

"Yup," Deva scooted closer to Julia and watched as Julia's face grew still. Deva softly cupped her best friend's cheek and casually scanned the brothers' face to find them all leaning closer to her in anxiety and anticipation.

Deva smirked before going in and kissing Julia gently on the cheek. Deva pulled away while Julia giggled. Marcus looked completely disappointed.

"You should have clarified where exactly," Deva shrugged.

"That was not a kiss. You could do better." Marcus tried to encourage her.

Deva shook her head. "Oh really? Why don't you show me how it's done Casanova?"

Marcus' frown grew tremendously as he caught onto her plan. "My pleasure."

Marcus used his vampire speed to move in front of Julia. She shot back slightly from shock, but quickly relaxed once his face was inches from hers. Marcus anxiously leaned in and devoured Julia's lips into a shameless lip lock that lasted forever.  Deva suddenly noticed the sad face on Evie, and figured she must have had a crush.

Deva had to clap her hands together to get them to stop with the PDA. "Okay we get the picture. You can stop sucking each other's face off like it's the end of the world."

Marcus chuckled while he pulled away from a very breathless Julia. "You jealous love?"

"Oh yes; can't you just see the green envy in my eyes." 

Marcus sat back in his seat and Deva turned to Red. "Truth or dare?"

Red challenged Deva with her eyes. "Dare. Unlike you I like to take risks."

"I dare you to drop dead," Deva responded emotionlessly.

Red narrowed her eyes in a death glare. "Right."

"Fine, I dare you to lick the bottom of Deana's foot." Deva heard everyone around her begin to laugh except for Deana. "Come on miss adventurous show us what kind of a risk taker you are," Deva mocked.

Red of course wanted to impress the brothers and did as she was told. When it was all over Red got up and wiped her mouth before taking a big gulp of her drink. Deva had to admit she enjoyed every minute of Red's agonizing features.

"My turn," Evie spoke up. They weren't exactly going in any order so it didn't really matter. "Prince Darius truth or dare?"

"Truth," after what he just saw Deva didn't blame him for going the safer route.

"What do you want out of life?"

Deva took a long sip of her drink and let it burn down her throat as she carefully listened to Darius' answer.

"I want someone to share it with." His cool blue eyes were glowing from the fire when they locked onto Deva. "I want to be with someone that challenges me every day and makes me see things differently when I am blind to see them." He dropped his head to the ground and ran his hand hesitantly through his hair before looking back up. "I want to be loved by someone who knows me better than myself and believes in me when I do not have the strength to." His ocean glowing eyes captured hers and also tugged at her heart. "What I want in life is someone who understands me and undeniably loves me even after knowing the sins of my past."

Deva felt the flutter of her heart beating irregularly.

Marcus patted Darius' back rather hard making him break his stare with Deva. Deva took a deep breath feeling like she could finally do so after that long locked gaze.

"Don't we all brother, don't we all." Darius gave Marcus a forced smile before leaning back.

The night went with more dares than truths surprisingly. Everyone had their turn to act a fool. Deva put down her fifth bottle and raised her head up to the stars. It was such an amazing view of navy blue sky and small dazzling stars sprouting from every corner.

"Deva truth or dare?" Deva didn't have to look down to know that the annoy voice belonged to Red.

"Truth," Deva just didn't trust Red with a dare.

"Which brother do you like the most?"

Deva immediately dropped her head in panic. The dread and horror of coming up with an answer was eating her up inside. What could she possibly say? She couldn't just pick one and risk hurting the other. She wanted so badly to disappear or have Lucian's ability to teleport. All three of their tantalizing blue and grey eyes were staring intensely at her just waiting to hear her say something.

"I'm not answering that." Deva finally choked out.

"Fine you'll have to take a dare then," Red crossed her arms over her chest.

"Okay then," Deva sighed in relief but not completely; knowing Red it was not going to be an easy dare.

"I dare you to lick Darius' chest."

Deva had to do a double take to make sure she heard right. "You want me to lick Darius' chest?"

Red nodded with the wickedest grin plastered on her face. "Yup."

Any girl would have jumped up for the opportunity to graze their tongues across a glorious godlike chest like Darius', but Red knew that the thought of doing so and in front of an audience was very uncomfortable for Deva. She honestly didn't think Deva had it in her.

"That's ridiculous," Deva responded avoiding all stares coming from the brothers.

"Oh Deva, you know any girl would gladly call that a pleasure more than a dare; so why are you complaining? What? Does the big bad Deva finally have a challenge she's not willing to do?"

Deva rolled her eyes as if to toss the notion aside, but in reality she was completely a nervous wreck. Of course every girl there has had some dirty fantasy about having their way with the brothers, but Deva just didn't think she would have an audience especially one that included Lucian and Marcus.

She gulped down the rest of her drink to numb her nerves before getting up and making her way in front of Darius' still form. He didn't move or flinch at her approach.

"Deva you don't have to do this if you don't want." The glow of the blazing fire on his flawless skin was like the cherry on top to his innocent remark.

Deva slowly bent over to whisper into his ear. "When have I ever done something I didn't want to do?"

With that, she knelt down in between his legs and was perfectly level to his chiseled abdomen. She brought up her hands to trace his rounded and muscular abs, enjoying every minute since it was at her disposal.

She felt him slightly shiver at her touch, and she smirked as she leaned in to place a small lingering kiss on his upper abs. Deva decided to go the clean route and kiss her way down instead of lick. With each lingering caress of her kisses Darius felt it harder and harder to keep his face composed and his hands clenched on the log. Every nerve in his body was electrified by her kiss and was tempting him to pull her up and crush his lips to hers.

Deva again felt the shock waves flush from her lips through her body with each new kiss she trailed down his perfect physique. When she reached the rim of his jeans, Deva couldn't help but bite down on his skin before pulling away. She noticed Darius' difficulty in holding in a moan.

Deva finally raised her head and found longing, desire, and compassion all in Darius' eyes. It scared her in a way she never knew. Deva pushed herself up off the floor and turned in the direction of the cars.

"I'm done playing." Deva pushed passed Deana and Red's open and dumbfound expressions.

What was she thinking? Deva began beating herself up. How could I let that happen?

"Deva," she heard a low velvet voice from behind.  She groaned and didn't respond.

"Let me take you home." Lucian took her hand and led her to the car. It was dark, and she could barely see otherwise she would have released his hand by now.

He opened the door for her, and she got in. Then all of a sudden, she really thought it was a bad idea to be in the car with Lucian after her little stunt.

Lucian turned the key and the car roared to life. He sped down the road and tightened his grip on the wheel till his knuckles turned whiter than usual.

"You really drove Darius off the cliff back there."

How was she supposed to respond to that? Darius drove her crazy too. Instead she kept quiet.

"Deva why didn't you answer the first question?"

She cursed and vowed to get Red back for that one. "Because I don't have the answer."

The silence was filling the car fast, and Deva had to turn to see what Lucian was thinking. He was trying hard to keep the frown off his face, but was doing a horrible job at it.

"Loosh I don't want to keep doing this."

"What is this?"

It was harder to say than she thought. "Hurting you. I don't know what is happening or how I feel half the time, but I know I don't want to keep you on a string. You deserve better than that."

He moved his gaze from the road to her face. "What if I want this?"

"Don't you get it? I can't," she took a deep breath. "I can't do this."

The car came to a slow stop, and Deva looked out to find the castle in front of them.

"What do you want then; from me?"

She knew it was hurting him by the sound of his grim voice. She couldn't have both of them; so she wanted neither of them. "Can't we just be friends? Please."

"What are you running away from? Is it from me, from the way you feel? Are you trying to run away from experiencing love?"

Deva gulped. "Possibly. Loosh we are going to be together for a long time. Let's take things slow, very slow. Let's just be friends for now. Please let's just be friends."

Lucian heard the agonizing plea in her voice and his head hit the seat with a sigh. "Of course, Deva. I don't want to push you into something you don't want."

"Thank you." Even though a small weight was lifted off her shoulders, Deva knew the feeling of relief was going to end anytime, with her luck that is.

________________________________________

 Check out my book "Divine Purpose". I promise its just as captivating as Royal Pain.
Actually read all my books including "Hating you Sweetly"

VOTE!!!!! And remember to tell your friends. Thank you.   

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

637 17 23
//He had my hands pinned tightly above my head as I squirmed beneath him. The blade twisting between his fingers. He held it up to my throat. I was a...
246K 11.6K 36
His aura dominated the surroundings charging it with electricity. The taut muscles, the broad shoulders,along with the dangerous stance screamed cont...
44.7K 1.6K 23
"I don't have a heart . " he said leaning away from her touch . her light was too overwhelming for the darkness inside his very soul . he was the tr...
129K 3.1K 13
Logan, the prince of Feygon, just turned twenty-one a few months ago and is nothing but a box of seriousness and arrogance. What no one knows is, he...