After all I did...

By Russ_son_of_

Naruto has only done right, did everything in his power to help, and yet... I own nothing in this story othe... More

Saved
Recovery
Rivals
Prison
Walk
Scars
Late
Recess
Behind
Truth
Verdict
Home
Waiting
Depart
The Mission
The Clan
The Request
The Fighter
The Spar

Escape

16.7K 397 117
By Russ_son_of_

Today was the day I'm breaking out of here.

This hospital, no, prison was getting on my nerves. The white walls, endless hallways, random noises, and heavy security around the exits were driving me mad. They didn't even let me look out the damn windows facing the village!

Sure people came and visited me, but seeing my friends could only hold me over so long until I decide to act.

The staff was always cold to me, staring as I trained and talked to my friends. As time kept going on, the smiles and conversations with the people I cherish slowly seemed more and more fake. Dead eyes behind smiles, dry laughs, and less time spent with me.

Even Lee has been holding off on me, saying he is training with Guy, but from what I've heard he is on a one month minimum length mission.

I'm not the paranoid type, but when you go anywhere and you constantly feel at least one person close by or hear them walking, you start to get really sick of it. I've even called out to the presence, but that only makes me look crazy to the people watching me.

The only good news I've gotten is that Neji is out of the hospital and training. Yet even that is making me angry, how is it that he has gotten out before me? I've been perfectly healthy for nearly a month!

Which brings me back to my need to get out of here. This place is going to put me in a mental hospital if I don't get out.

I'm sorry Pervy Sage and Granny, I tried to keep my head down and wait it out. I really tried, but this is getting to be too much for me. Tonight is going to be the start of my plan. I've tested every part of it and it works perfectly. I just need to put the parts together and I'm out.

My planning was put to a halt as I heard a knocking at my door. I put the things I have for the escape in hiding again.

"Hey, uhhh, come in!" I say loudly as I make it look like I just sat up in my bed.

The door opens to reveal Sakura. Her pink hair in a pony tail and her clothes were her mission clothes, down to the kuni pouch. In her hand was the only thing that has help me last this long in here. My favorite ramen.

"Hey Naruto." She said with a smile as she closed the door and walked to my nightstand, setting the food down as she took a seat next to me.

Sakura was the only person that regularly visited me, but she is the most obvious about how fake her emotions are. The light in her eyes never there when she saw me. She doesn't even yell at me anymore when I say something stupid.

"What's with the getup? It almost looks like you are going on a mission. Hey, is something wrong?" I ignore the ramen when I notice she isn't even trying to hide the sad look on her face.

"Well that's the thing, Naruto. Lady Tsunade has assigned me to go on a mission with team Guy. It just feels weird not going on a mission with you and...." she stopped.

She never looked up from the floor. Her arms tense and her hands on her knees. The only other time I saw her this delicate was when we were leaving to get Sasuke back.

"Oh, so now Neji is mission ready too. Here I thought I was less injured then him, but he is released before me and is already going on missions." I look down at my hands, why, why do I have this bad of luck all of the sudden.

Sakura doesn't say anything, her body tense as silence takes over the room.

"Why....... why does it feel like the world is against me? Why is everyone avoiding me? Why does everyone hide behind masks when they visit? Why is this happening to me?" I sadly say as I look at my hands. "I did everything right. I brought Sasuke back. I followed the doctors' and nurses' orders to the 'T'. I've kept my nose clean for over a month total. And for what?"

I don't notice as the pink haired girl next to me looks over, tears in her eyes and her lip quivering.

"All I want is to act like nothing happened. Go back to training, laughing, and having a good time. I get the exact opposite. I'm stuck in here, barely seeing my friends, and when they do visit it's all-" I'm cut off as slim arms wrap round me and a head is on my shoulder.

I look down and see Sakura, head on my shoulder as she cries. I turn and wrap my arms around her as well, her head in my chest as I rub her back. Her grip tightens on me as she lets it all out. Tears soaking into my orange clad shirt.

"I-i just want things to go back to normal too! I want to go on mission with my team!" She says as she sobs into my chest.

I put my arms on her shoulders and push her so I can look into her eyes. "Everything will go back to normal soon, Sakura, I promise."

Her body tenses and she breaks down again. Her slim body shaking as tears flow down her face.

I comfort her for what felt like eternity, I hate seeing her like this, but it means she is finally being true to me.

She pulls away, wiping her tears away. "Thanks Naruto, you're the best." She says giving me the first genuine smile I've seen in a long time. I give her a smile back that shows how happy I am.

"You better hurry and eat your food, it's probably getting pretty cold." The kunoichi says looking at the to-go box in my nightstand.

"Aaaah! How could I forget!" I say panicked as I shovel the food into my mouth, I hear her laughing lightly at my reaction.

I quickly finish the food and rub my stomach happily after saying my thanks to her. We sit laughing lightly as we enjoy the new mood in the room.

"Well, I should be going, I was just stopping by to drop off your food before we left on our mission." She says as she stands up and moves to the door. Her pony tail bouncing as she walks away.

"Good luck Sakura! Stay safe for me ok?"

"I will Naruto. You stay safe too." My team mate says as she walks out the door, mumbling the last part as she closes the door and walks down the hall. The only active genin from team seven.

I smile after she left, finally, someone is being honest to me. I think before laying on my bed and looking at the ceiling. Well at least if my plan backfires, she won't be here to see the repercussions.

That thought caught me off guard, what if I do get caught? How hard will I be punished? I've spent so much time planning my escape, I never thought about what might happen if it doesn't work.

It will be more then a slap on the wrist for sure. The high security and constant observation guarantees that. Yet, what would be so bad with me leaving? I'm healthy, stable, and fit. The only thing keeping me in here is whatever everyone is hiding from me.

I let out a long sigh, well it's too late for second thoughts. Everything is already in place and the time is nigh for my reintroduction to the village hidden in the leafs.

~~~~~

I stare intensely at the clock. Watching time go isn't what I normally do on my Friday evenings, but this isn't a normal Friday.

I already have my clone ready by the door to make a distraction for myself. I've focused and have hidden my chakra as best I could. I just have to wait for the doctors and nurses to be calling it a night. Then I just have to avoid the night shifters, but they only check he critical patients every few hours, unless something happens.

That leaves me with empty halls and low security. I just need whoever, or whatever, it is that's following me to leave me alone and I'm home free.

I hear the activity in the hospital lowering steadily as more and more staff leave. I motion my clone to leave. He opens the door and walks to the training grounds. I feel the presence that has plagued me for so long follow him.

Everything feels clear, no mysterious presence, and no movement near my room. I put on a henge of a nurse that I have memorized and clip the tag showing who I am as a staff member onto my jacket.

I look in the mirror and see a 20-25 year old woman with long brown hair and golden brown eyes. A mole on my right cheek and dimples when I smile. My body has all the right curves in all the right places. I clear my throat and imitate her voice a few times, making sure I have it right. I grin before walking to the door and start my part of the plan.

I walk down the many hallways, my high heels the only sound in the hospital as I make my way to the main exit. I put on a sweet smile as I near the security at the door. There are two guards at the door, both are tall and bulky.

The left one wears the normal Chunin vest and under clothing and a bandana on his head, much like Ibiki, and is always sucking on a sucker, a habit he picked up after giving up smoking.

The one on the right is a bit more unique. He wears his headband on his neck, his black glossy hair slicked back. He wears a trench coat over his Jonin vest and has on black sweat pants.

Neither are very fashionable, but you tend to look past it when you see all the scars they have, especially on their faces.

They both look at me and smile happily at the sight of me. Their hard looks hiding how nice they truly are.

"Hey guys, how are you doing?"

"We are going great, just bored at the usual lack of action, but that's what we get for accepting being security for a hospital." The one on the left says as he rubs the back of his neck.

"Well it also helps you guys are possibly the most intimidating people in all of the village, people are too scared to try anything here." I say as I giggle lightly.

"Everyone is scared of us but you." The one on the right grunts.

"What can I say. I see people for who they are, not what people think they are." I say as I tilt my head to the side and smile again.

"Oh, stop you'll make us blush." They said at the same time, a blush already on their cheeks. I laugh at their reaction.

"Well, as fun as this is, I really need to go home it's getting late." I say as I make my way to the door.

They open the double doors for me, "Have a good night." They say with big smiles.

"You too boys." I say as I walk out and go down the side walk.

Once I was a safe distance from the hospital, I duck into an ally and drop the henge. I breath heavily, my heart beating through my chest.

"I did it, I actually did it!" I say to myself as I gather myself and climb to the roof tops. "First stop, Ichiraku Ramen!" I say as I jump from building to building. Making my way to the only safe place I have in the village from scrutiny.

The horizon to the west was just barely lighter, showing the sun is long gone, and the moon was only half full. The village would be dark if it weren't for the lanterns and lights brightening it up. From the sky it would look like a cluster of yellow stars.

However the only light the roof tops had was the moon, making it near impossible to see small things, just shadows and brightly colored objects.

I was half way to my destination when information suddenly flooded my mind.

My clone had been killed.

It was training like normal, but suddenly an ANBU jumped down next to it and stabbed it.

Shit, I've been found out, but it's too late, I'm long gone.

I was about to keep going until I heard a conversation if one of the room I was on top of.

"When will they start that damned trial, we need to rid our streets of a that monster."

I froze, remembering how Sasuke was saying something about a trial and how he wouldn't testify. Maybe this has something to do with it. I move closer to the edge of the building so I can listen better.

"They say he hasn't recovered enough for the trial to start. It's ridiculous, there is no way he can be recovering this long."

"I know! He becomes more of a danger to this village, no, this world the longer he lives."

"The brat deserves what he gets, you saw him that day too right. He was beyond scary."

"His red eyes, his whole demeanor. I nearly ran away in fear."

My body boils with anger, how dare they talk about Sasuke that way. Sure, he messed up, but he doesn't deserve to die! What was the point in bringing him back if they just execute him!

"Not to mention he nearly killed the last surviving Uchiha that isn't a fucking maniac."

What?

"He was always a problem form day one. Playing pranks, scaring our kids, now this! He is a loose cannon!"

No.

"That's why I told my kids to avoid him, he is a freak."

"I'll drink to that." The sound of glass clanging and gulps as they down their drinks.

No, no no it can't be. I take off jumping like crazy. For the first time I see the signs scattering around the fences and walls.

Rough sketches of me with a circle and a slash through it.

Dolls that look like me, hanging my my neck from the roof tops and flag polls.

Wanted dead or alive posters with my face on them. Except alive was crossed out and dead was circled.

"Why..... why, after all I did!" I cry to myself as I run again.

"Naruto stop now." I hear a monotone voice behind me. I freeze on the edge of the building.

I turn slowly, not wiping the tears away as I look at my capturer. I'm met with a masked man, his head band covering one eye, and spiky silver hair. The look on his face was the worst part.

He held no emotion behind the voice, his eye dull and cold as he stares harshly at me.

I look away from him, my emotions attacking me again.

"You should have stayed in the hospital. It was best that way."

"What did I do wrong! I worked so hard for the village!"I yell at him as I wipe my eyes furiously.

"I'm sorry." Was all I heard from him as I feel my arms jerked behind me, the back of my knees kicked, and my face is planted to the ground.

I weep more, my tears flowing to the dusty roof top. "Why." My eyes watch as my sensei, the one person I thought I could trust, leaves the area.

"I've got him....... yeah, he saw...... I know..... affirmative, Lady Hokage. Come on." A masculine voice, the owner of which was restraining me, spoke as he pulled me up.

His chakra feels familiar to me in more ways than one, his voice as well.

"You were the one who was always following me in the hospital." I say in a low tone. I've stopped crying, only an empty feeling was in me.

"Yes, now move, you brought this on yourself." He says pushing me forward.

"Must suck, being out witted by a mere brat who was dead last in his class."

My world goes dark as I feel him hit the back of my head hard, as I fall to the ground from the hit I hear him say something I didn't expect.

"No, I'm proud."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

320K 9.4K 65
𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙞𝙨- 𝙖𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙨𝙖𝙮- 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙞𝙨 Books 1&2 《oc × Sasuke》 《4/9/19 - 6/1/20》 I don't (obviously) own Naruto or it...
34.9K 771 26
I do not own any of the Naruto characters, etc. etc. You know the drill.
Asunder By shio.

Fanfiction

6.4K 164 28
In a world where Itachi truly wiped out every last Uchiha, Zetsu is at a loss for what to do: after all his schemes to resurrect Kaguya, he suddenly...
221K 7.1K 28
The Fourth Shinobi War is over, but was it worth it? All the pain, destruction and death. Friendships and families lost for ever. What will Naruto do...