Survival

By Nesi_Nuelle

There are many things you are that she isn't. If you are light then she's darkness, if you are good, she's b... More

Introduction
Running
Captured
Reminiscing
Happy Endings
Questions
Hunger
Authors Note
Regrets
Broken
Voices
Acquaintances
Personalities
Freedom
Respect
Flight
Anouncements
Slum
Nightmare
Elation
Guilt
Bad luck
Chicos
Emotions
Drugs
Preparations
Betrayal
Despair
Death
confused๐Ÿ˜•
Epilogue

Reluctance

66 13 1
By Nesi_Nuelle

Hey people,
Well, I will be writing in third person for this chapter on what I hinted about in the last chapter ;-)

Third person P.O.V

That fateful night

She left to get some drinks so that her friend could loosen up a bit. 'She was too tense,' she thought to herself.

'Hey beautiful,' a voice said startling her from her thoughts. She jumped a little clutching her poor dear heart. She looked up and saw a guy with pale skin, blue eyes and dirty blonde hair. Her eyes lit up in recognition.

'Jake!' She squealed, running towards him as her heels would permit to hug him.

'I haven't seen you in a long while. Where did you suddenly disappear too? What are you doing here?' She asked breathlessly.

'Whoa... easy there darling. One question at a time.' He said and she laughed.

'I left for the navy.'

'Really that's so cool.' She said taking him all in. 'I see you gained some muscles. Been working out?' She winked at him.

'Stop checking me out,' he said as he used his hands to cover her eyes pushing her slightly.

'Real mature' she said slapping his hand off her eyes. He laughed at her.

'I really missed you.' He said pulling her in for another tight hug.

'Jake! You are ruining my dress.' She complained. He threw his head back and laughed squeezing her more tightly. She struggled out of his hold and jumped out trying to smoothen the creases as she narrowed her eyes at him.

'We should go out sometime... you know..to em catch up.' He said fiddling with his fingers.

'Jake, are you asking me out?' She said with the back of her hand on her head pretending to swoon.

'Don't push it Meg.' he said as he narrowed his eyes at her. She laughed.

He bent down and whispered at her ear. 'Has anyone told you that you are looking ravishing in this little dress?' His hot breath fanned her neck as he kissed her there letting his lips linger for a bit. He drew back with a satisfied smirk as he watched her flushed face.

'So are we on for that date or not?'

'Ever the arrogant bastard.' She said rolling her eyes.

'I take that as a yes. And before I forget here is your phone.' He said handing her the phone. Her jaw dropped and he used his pinky to shut it as he laughed. She shook her head at him. She stayed with him catching up on old times.

Ariel

She had forgotten about her four hundred words ago.

'Um, Jake I have to go. My friend must be worried about me. I left her there ages ago and she doesn't dig parties.' She said as she turned round to leave.

'Kay, buzz me later.' He said putting his thumb at his ear and the pinky near his mouth mimicking a telephone.

'Sure.. what's your number? Oh, wait....' she narrowed her eyes again at him and shook her head. That must be why he took her phone in the first place.

She hurried to where she had left Ariel but unsurprisingly, she wasn't there anymore. She must have spent a lot of time talking to Jake.

'Ariel,' she tried calling out. She tried searching the mass of drunken bodies for her. But she couldn't see her. She searched the restrooms and the kitchen but she couldn't find her. By the time she had searched the whole crib, she was damn tired.  She sat to catch her breath. She took a large swig of her drink and she tried to think about the places Ariel might be.

Outside

Why didn't she think of it? Arrgghhh she was stressed. Ariel was going to pay for stressing her when she found her.

She dragged herself off the chain wearily and walked out to find her.

'Ariel,' she called out once more.

'Meg?' Someone touched her arm and she jumped.

'Jake! oh, it's you. You scared me.' She breathed out in relief.

'What are you doing out here? ' he asked with a frown.

'I'm searching for my friend. I can't seem to find her anywhere.' She said with a frown grazing her face.

'Come on let's ask the security guy.' He pulled her along after him.

'Hey. Have you seen my friend? She was wearing a black dress with braids. She's an average height. She has a mole above her lips. I haven't seen her, so I thought she may have gone out.'

'Ariel?'

'Yes, you know her?' He nodded slowly.

'She left about three hours ago for a walk. She never came back so I reckoned she went home.' He answered.

'Oh thanks,' Jake answered.

'She's not a big fan of parties, you see,' she said with guilt laced in her voice.

'We'll find her soon.' He said trying to comfort her and she nodded her head and smiled at him.

'Have you tried calling her cell phone?' He asked her as they went out of the gate. She stopped abruptly and turned to look at him with wide eyes.

'Oh, God!' He exclaimed slapping his forehead. 'Wow... no words. You need a good flick on the forehead.' And she laughed.

'Um... I have a voice message from her.' She frowned looking at her phone.

'That's good, isn't it?' He asked.

'No. Ariel hates voice messages. She sends texts instead. She thinks that voice messages are weird. I'll put it on loud speaker.'

'Meg it's me, call the police. I'm being chased by kidnappers. Please get this on time. I'll leave the phone on so that you can hear the conversation in case they catch up with me.

'Bloody hell bitch you'll pay for making me run.'

'But I never asked you to run after me'

*slap*

'Anyway Princess, you ran towards our car.'

*boys snickering*

*Ariel laughing as they stop*

'She's supposed to be scared Nathan but instead, I'm terrified. Why on hades is she laughing?'

'Wait so you mean *laughter* you parked your car here and you *laughter* walked all the way from here to the place where I met you to kidnap me?'

'We wanted the kidnapping to be discreet.'

'So you mean that after you had kidnapped me, you would have carried me all the way here and that would have been more discreet?'

'You know what. Shut up! One more word and you'll regret it.'

'Oh, God.' Jake exclaimed.  'Call the police Meg.' He said. She didn't move.

'Meg?' He called her more softly. 'Are you okay?'
She stood transfixed at that point. He looked at her eyes, they were full of confusion. He touched her arm and she flinched.

'No!' She shouted. 'I mean yes we should call the police.' She said quickly diverting her eyes from him.

                          ◆☆◆☆◆☆◆☆◆☆◆

'Miss we would like you to come to the station  to put down your statement.' A police officer told her. She nodded her head.

'And we would like you to contact the relative of the victim if there is any.' She nodded again.

'Your phone is being used for the investigation, we would return it as soon as possible.' The officer said again

'We found some heels and a bracelet as we scouted around the area. She tried to leave us a trail. We will do our best to find her miss.' The officer tried to give a word of comfort.

They went to the station with them, she recounted her story to them again over and over and she put down her statement.

By the time she got to the apartment she shared with Ariel, she was beat.

'Jake I don't know how to thank you for this.' She said weakly.

'You don't need to. I'll always be there when you need me okay?' She nodded at him.

'I have to go to her dad to tell him about the news tomorrow.' She said.

'Cool, I'll be here by eight then.' He said

'Jake... you don't have to. You have done enough already.'

'Go to sleep Meg. I'll be here by eight.' He said with finality ridding Meg of any chance to protest.

He kissed her cheek and bid her good night. She watched his form go until she couldn't see him anymore. She sighed and turned to enter into the house knowing that sleep would not be possible that night.

The next morning, she opened the door to find a smiling Jake at her door. She smiled weakly back at him. He was wearing jeans and with a blue plaid shirt which complemented his blue eyes and his out of bed dirty blonde hair. He looked really handsome. She shook her head to rid her head of such thoughts, her friend was kidnapped and she had to face an angry father.

'So are we going or are you going to stare at me and stay spaced out?' He jolted her out of her thoughts. She blushed a little turning her face away as he laughed.

He led her to his car and they zoomed off. He looked at her and she seemed so lost in thought. Dark circles were around her eyes. She didn't seem to have gotten any sleep he thought to himself.

He reached out across to her hand and laced his fingers with hers to try to offer comfort to her. She looked at him and smiled nodding her head to show that she understood.

He kept on stealing glances at her. She looked beautiful he thought. She was wearing skinny sky blue jeans and a white tank top which made her dark skin seem to glow. Her lips were plump and plush. He imagined his lips against hers, kissing her senseless, making her moan in pleasure.

He smiled to himself as he saw her shift uncomfortably in her seat. She must have sensed his intense gaze on her. He must focus on the road if he wanted to reach there safely.

'Wow! Is this where her parents leave?' He asked in awe as he looked at the mansion.

'Her father. She lost her mom to an accident three years ago.' She told him. She took a deep breath and steadied herself as she went inside the house.

'Your daughter has been kidnapped.' She told Ariel's dad when she met him with tears in her eyes.

'What do you mean by that statement?' He asked her with slight anger in his voice. She went ahead and recounted the whole story to him. He kept quiet until she was done.

'Are you done?' He asked her and she was taken aback with shock.

'But..' she stuttered.

'If you are done please leave.' He told her straight up.

'She's your goddamn daughter. She's in danger and you don't even care? What kind of a father are you?' She screamed at him in anger.

'Don't you dare question my ability as a father. She doesn't care about me, so why should I care? She ran away from me. She left me and stole from me and now she needs me?' He retaliated.

'You think she doesn't care? You pushed her to the wall with your whoring and drinking. She ran away because it was you who deserted her. When she lost her mom, she didn't know that she lost a father also.' Her words had sunk in and he slapped her.

Jake who stood aside to watch their bantering rushed to her side to help her up.

'Don't you dare slap her again!' He said coolly.

'Get out! Leave my sight immediately and don't come back.' He said to them.

'Tell her that she can't get any money by feigning to be kidnapped.' She looked back at him with disgust as Jake pulled her away from the house.

'Who was that darling?' half-naked woman came out to meet him.

'No one dear. Now where were we?' He asked as he carried her up bridal style as she smiled secretly.

'God now I know why Ariel hates him.' Meg said in anger as they reached outside. Jake's lips were in a straight tight line. She knew he was angry at him also. He touched her face lightly. She sighed as they went home in silence.

                          ☆◆☆◆☆◆☆◆☆◆☆

A/N: I hope you liked it dearies. Well Meg has been eliminated from the list of suspects. Or has she? She could be pretending you know. Or maybe she isn't. Who knows? What about the woman? Does she know something? And oh don't be too quick to judge. Things may not be as they seem.

Bye for now

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

520 16 14
She was hellfire. Her beauty was tantalizing. She was charismatic, ethereal, a true goddess. Men bowed in front of her alluring self. But she was the...
658K 12.8K 44
โ๐™‹๐™–๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™„๐™จ ๐™๐™๐™š ๐™Š๐™ฃ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™„๐™จ ๐˜พ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฉ, ๐™Ž๐™ค๐™ข๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ข๐™š๐™จ ๐˜ผ๐™ก๐™ก ๐™„ ๐™ƒ๐™–๐™ซ๐™š ๐™„๐™จ ๐™๐™๐™š ๐™‹๐™–๐™ž๐™ฃโž - ๐˜ฝ๐™–๐™ž๐™ก๐™š๐™ฎ...
29.7K 1.2K 67
"You have a name, don't you?" his voice was deep and irritable, but rather calm. Her eyes lifted just slightly, now staring at the edges of dark hair...
Dark mind By Alison Adair

Mystery / Thriller

1.4K 123 48
It was like we were playing a sick game of chess, trying to guess each others movement's and at the same time, worrying about our own. I didn't have...