Hardly A Hero [REWRITTEN ON N...

Από SkyHunterXoX

NOW REWRITTEN ON MY NEW ACCOUNT - aprilismissingagain Rose O'Connolly hasn't lead an ordinary life. By day, s... Περισσότερα

Chapter 1: Nerd By Day
Chapter 2: Anti-Hero By Night
Chapter 3: The Crush, The Capes and The Big Revelation.
Chapter 4: The Board of Bad News
Chapter 5: Deadpool is Red, Nightwing is Blue...
Chapter 6: What Is Batman Without His Robin?
Chapter 7: TerraStorm
Chapter 8: Back To Being Clark Kent
Chapter 9: I Don't Dance, Dont Ask Me.
Chapter 10: The Best Friend, The Bad Guy And The Heist.
Chapter 11: Villains Have Hearts... Just Very Small Ones Made Of Stone.
Chapter 12: Flipped Upside Down
Chapter 13: The Good, The Bad and the Worst.
Chapter 14: The Killing Deal
Chapter 15: Blueprint
Author's Notification ~ PLEASE READ
Chapter 16: Love Spells and Rookie Red
Chapter 17: The Heist ~ Part 1
Chapter 18: The Heist ~ Part 2
Chapter 19: The Heist ~ Part 3
Chapter 20: The Great Escape
Chapter 21: Lets talk, Face to Mask.
Chapter 22: Red Roses and Rom-Coms
Chapter 23: Papa Smurf and Child's Profanity
Chapter 24: The Chemistry Between Us
Chapter 25: To Prom, You Must Go
Chapter 26: Mother Knows Best
Chapter 27: Stranger Danger
Chapter 28: What A Super Surprise
Chapter 29: Midnight Confessions
Chapter 30: The Robin Before Nightwing
Chapter 31: From Beyond The Grave
Chapter 32: Back to Square One
Chapter 33: Unbalanced
Chapter 34: The Tom Cruise Way
Chapter 35: The One With No Plan
Chapter 37: Never A Plan Like No Plan
Chapter 38: Villains Don't Fall In Love
Chapter 39: A Changed Person
Chapter 40: Treat 'em Mean to Keep 'em Weak
Huge Update!!!!

Chapter 36: The Beginning of a New Beginning

2.1K 183 89
Από SkyHunterXoX

"Telekinesis. That's... that's an enviable power."

The girl Super, dressed in all black like a revamped Catwoman, commented, as she craned her neck to look at me from the passenger seat. Her and the red-haired boy, who I had found out called himself The Mindwave, were eager to talk once we escaped, though the man navigating the vehicle was not. We were now stuck in traffic, only five minutes away from the town square where I had asked them to drop me off. 

"What are yours?" I asked, watching as she rubbed the skin under her mask, almost lifting it off her face.

"Good question." She remarked. "I don't know... yet."

I cocked my head sideways, my eyebrows knitted together and, even without turning to look, she knew what I was thinking.

"I have powers, there's evidence, but I haven't used them yet."

"How..."

"- do I know that I'm a Super? I was tested on by NASEB, there's proof and everything. And, clearly, I wasn't one of the failed test subjects."

"We only keep her around because she's smart. Really smart." The Mindwave snickered and she gave him an unreadable look. 

I nodded slowly.

"What about you?" I asked him. "I didn't get a chance to see yours."

"Would have been hard to see it considering its invisible." He remarked. "It's mind manipulation. I make people forget things, create new, false memories or, you know, just obey what I ask them to do."

I was jealous, that sounded like the perfect power, but something that could easily turn you nasty, not that I suspected that he was. The car came to halt just behind my favourite Chinese take-out and I unbuckled my seatbelt. 

"Look, this was, well interesting, but I really have to go."

Just before I could open the door, The Mindwave placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Wait, before you go, I didn't say thank you."

"No need." I shot back. 

"No, hang on. I owe you big time for saving my life back there. If you need anything..." He slipped something out of the small compartment between the passenger and driver seat. "Here's my number."

I took the card from between his fingers, glancing over the pretty font and giving him a final smile. I slid out of the car just as the engine began to roar again and ran off before anyone could question why there a cosplayer roaming the streets of downtown Kingsly Point. 

<><><><><><>

Jazz and I ambled speedily between rows and rows of square, identical storage units, each as dull and equivocally huge as each other. I was, of course, in Rose's clothes now, identifiable by the copper-coloured Vans and dark jeans. The day was slowly turning grey and late, with the cloud-choked sky suggesting that we weren't going to be dry for long. I counted the numbers of each unit as we trotted along. 

"Ben was asking about you." Jazmine broke the silence, which had been maintained for a full five minutes since we arrived at the place. My insides froze.

"What did you tell him?"

She did a little skip, catching up with me and clenching her hands together in front of her. 

"I didn't. I slapped him." 

I stopped walking and turned to face her with an oval-shaped mouth. 

"It was in the cafeteria, in front of everyone." She laughed. "The new principal saw, which I didn't intend to happen of course, but I didn't get in much trouble."

"W-what- you did what?" I find myself almost laughing with her.

"I did. The urge to do it was bugging me all day and when he finally approached me in the cafeteria, oh gosh, I couldn't not-"

I started chuckling more now, half ashamed that this turned amusing. It shouldn't have been; I should have been distraught that a relationship that I had so much faith in crumbled, in the worst way as well. I should have been upset that my best friend decided to intervene even though it wasn't her relationship, but I'm not. I only stopped laughing when we reached Sebastian's storage unit.

I dug into my pocket and felt the cool metal brush against my skin. I pulled it out hastily. 

"Here goes nothing." I sigh before approaching the lock and maneuvering it off the hook that kept the door chained to the wall. 

I slide it to the side with one energetic push and let myself take in the view; a brick wall. 

"What is this?" Jazz questioned. "Are you sure we have the right unit?"

I shake my head, I was certain this was the right one. But Sebastian was a genius and I couldn't help but think this was all part of an elaborate plan. He constructed it like this for a reason.

Taking a step forward, I brushed my hand against the smooth brick and, just as I did, the wall flashed a bright blue and started to rumble. Then, right before my eyes, it split in two.  

"Whoa." Jazz moved to my side, both of us unable to pull our eyes away from what we were seeing.

The unit lit up in blue, pooling the space with cool, soft light. Sculpted glass containers framed the walls like new art, the floor descended like my old HQ with a grey desk right at the back, hosting gadgets and other technical equipment that made me question if I had accidentally walked into a new era.

Once again, it was a real-life Tardis with the inside looking way bigger than it should have. Transparent cabinets held the ceiling up but the one in the middle caught my eye. The shock increased ten fold as I realised what it held; my new Super Suit.

I ran my finger down the side of the glass and opened the glass door, feeling it in awe and adoration.

It was bigger, with the hot colour enriched with life again. The trousers were sharp and neat as if they were carved from stone, the jacket was just like my old one, but instead of black thread holding it together, gold strips of, what felt like, metal lined the seams and the zipper. The hood was longer, the arms were snugger and the boots, oh the boots, they were the cherry on top. They were thicker and more shapely than I ever could have imagined. Glancing back up at the rest of it, which towered above me, I noticed one detail I hadn't noticed before. There, right in the middle of the chest, was carved a thin, gold bird; a hawk.

"Put it on!" Jazmine squealed. "Put it on! I want to see it on you!"

I gently tugged the jacket off the steel mannequin, softly rubbing the material between my fingers. Then looking around, I had fully come to terms that Sebastian hadn't only recreated and vastly improved my suit, he had created an entire HQ, he had created a new beginning. 

Still in full-body shock, I stumbled to the back of the HQ where there was a closed off area to change in. Jazz waited outside with, what I imagined, was still a giddy smile on her face, like she had most of the time. Then I stepped out.

 I felt like Tony Stark had constructed this suit himself and when I stepped from behind the light of the HQ into the centre of it, I felt like Clark Kent revealing the Superman symbol from behind his shirt for the first time. In that moment, I truly recognised how much responsibility I had towards making sure that NASEB didn't even touch another Super. 

And, as soon as I saw Jazmine's face, I knew there wasn't one more second to waste.

<><><><><><>

A/N:

Hi guys!!!!

So, what do you think?

As you may have been able to tell, the story will be reaching its end in not to long but that means the next few chapters are going to be intense as hell. There is also a new project underway and I may or may not be uploading it... >:)

Anyway, I hope alll of you have an amazing week this coming week. Don't forget to fill in the little star in the corner if you liked this chapter and even let me know what you think in the comments. :)

Until next time, 

~SkyHunterXoX

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

58.4K 3K 36
I'm not like wonder woman, supergirl or catwoman. The only similarity we share is that we all have an extraordinary ability and are females. Many peo...
Heroes at Heart Από Twyla Grimm

Γενικό Φαντασίας

6.6K 571 18
"I've tried telling them I'm only fifteen. That no sane government would force a boy my age to fight crime. 'But Max, you're a superhero! Isn't this...
The Gift Από Kay Marie

Μικρού Μήκους

575 87 28
I ducked my head, thinking about the risk I was about to take. I was breathing quickly. I looked around, making sure people weren't around--and jumpe...
Hero by Day Από Your Average Nerd

Εφηβική Φαντασία

163K 10.9K 25
Oliver Storm is just your average American teenager. Well, unless you count the fact that he's actually White Lightning, sidekick to the notorious su...