Let's Play A Game, Alpha

By HessianKills

"When will you accept me?'' Lucian murmured against my skin. The wonderful feeling only grew as he stepped cl... More

Author's Note
1 - Silence Is Golden
2 - Breaking My Lamp Is Not Cool
3 - F@*% You
4 - Bastard
5 - Freedom Comes With A Cost
6 - Sticks & Stones
7 - Hero
8 - Ghostly Kisses
9 - The Beautiful Bride
10 - Mice Will Play When The Cat's Away
12 - Solution? Chocolate
13 - Silver Moon
14 - The 5 Stages of Grief
15 - You Can't Control Me
16 - One of a Kind
17 - Crazy Mama Jean
18 - Puppet
19 - Ain't No Party Like A Werewolf Party
20 - The Bonfire
21 - Missing
22 - Strangers Like Best Friends
23 - Flora & A Unicorn Named Shirley
24 - Incomplete
25 - Mommy's Home
26 - Trust Issues
27 - Broken Love
28 - Sins of the Father
29 - Human Nature
30 - Game Over
Author's Note

11 - The Beast's Property

297K 11.8K 4.4K
By HessianKills

7:45 a.m.

Just one quarter of an hour left until I could get to see what Vaughn had done. Flora and I already heard the doors slamming and soft chatter build up, eventually getting louder and louder as more people arrived. Cars and limousines were parked in the driveway. I had expected a small party, not a full-blown out teenage drinking fest.

I had donned a black party dress that Lucian must have picked out. It was certainly his taste, with a low neckline and a dipped back. A frilly lace was shrouded over the entire damned thing. A bit sad, really, because it was the only dress that was up to my taste as well. The rest were of expensive brands and itchy cloth that screamed slut. Flora was wearing a matching black dress, except hers was longer and more child-like. Vaughn had gotten it for her when I asked. 

We looked as if a funeral was happening.

But eh, whatever.

I wasn't sure how acceptable it would be for Flora to be at the party. Grinding and alcohol were two words I didn't want her to know. Judging by the blasting music coming from downstairs and raucous laughter, it sounded as though Vaughn had brought a whole town to Lucian's manor.

Speaking of which, Mr. Nayati was still nowhere to be seen.

Not that I minded.

He could take care of himself. I had a pretty good idea what would happen when Lucian came back from his trip. An entire continent was between us now, and Lucian had freaked when I put a few miles to separate us. So he would either crash the party and kill me, or join in.

I could make a pretty good guess which one it would be.

"Come on, little bee." I announced, picking her up. She gave me a huge kiss right in the middle of my face, probably messing up the makeup I had spent the last hour caking it to my face. Glancing briefly into the mirror, I adjusted the red lipstick and clicked the lights off. I had told Vaughn to make sure no one would crash upstairs. Lucian's ballroom would be trashed by the end of the night. I didn't need him to come back and see two hormonal teenagers doing the frick frack on his bed.

I climbed the staircase to the ballroom and stood in front of the door. Britney Spears sang her heart out of the stereo. Laughter and talking went adrift. At least Vaughn could throw a killer party. I grabbed hold of the doorknob and pushed it open.

The first person to notice me, a flirty redhead in a pink dress, froze. She stared at me in awe and nudged her friend, who also stopped drinking and widened his brown eyes. In a moment the room was frozen. All eyes were on me.

Then the redhead started clapping.

I clutched Flora in surprise. A moment later, someone else followed. Soon the ballroom was erupted into cheers. Everyone raised their cups and drinks at me and shouted. They seemed to know me and for some reason, they looked ecstatic to see me.

"Alpha's girl!" someone shouted from the back. It earned around loud round of cheers. Slowly, it dawned on me. People went back to their conversations but still smiled proudly at me. Flora clung to my neck. Cups and beer bottles were trashed around the fancy ballroom. Someone had brought in kegs and everyone was drinking happily. Music throbbed the entire room. Sweaty bodies and bare skin danced in a big clump off the side of the ballroom. One girl was on the piano, dancing ridiculously with the rhythm of the music. Flora hid her head under my chin.

They knew I was Lucian's mate.

Of course Vaughn would invite werewolves.

"You're so beautiful! I love your hair." a girl with big red eyes crooned at me as I passed. She was partially in her wolf form. Her eyes were a glowing scarlet, much like Lucian's but warmer. She smiled and flashed her fangs while taking a big swig from an alcohol bottle. I smiled warmly at her and said a quiet thanks.

Vaughn was standing in a group of Lucian's friends. They all wore the same matching black suits. It gave them the impression of secret agents. They were talking quietly amongst themselves. I noticed one of them held a girl next to him. She laughed at everything the man said and he looked at her with pure adoration in his eyes. I guessed they were mates. 

Why couldn't Lucian and I be like that?

"Vaughn!" I hissed. He turned towards me, wincing when I dragged him away by the lapels on his suit. He instantly stepped back once I released him, brushing the place where I touched. When Vaughn noticed me eyeing him strangely, he stammered, "The scent, miss. Mr. Nayati would not be pleased to find your scent on me."

"That is ridiculous." I rolled my eyes until I realized he was actually being serious. "But anyway, what the hell is this? I said a party, not a freaking nightclub in Lucian's ballroom! Look at that girl dancing on his piano! Who brought the alcohol? You seriously did not need to invite this many people."

Vaughn smirked. "If I recall correctly, miss, it was you who said, and I shall quote 'Invite every single person you know, every teenager and stranger you can find.''' he retorted. 

"I didn't think you would actually do that!"

"An order is an order, miss."

I tugged the hem of my dress nervously. ''When do you think Lucian is coming back?"

Vaughn looked at his watch. "Well, taking into consideration how long Mr. Nayati has been away, I would say....any minute now. I wish you the best of luck, Miss. Checke. Good day." With that, he strode away.

I was screwed.

Throwing a little part seemed like the perfect idea. I had a few hours without him. Lucian would never have willingly let me do this, so I did it. It seemed like a good way to celebrate. But now I was just left with fear and one hundred bottles of whiskey to clean up. Lucian's temper frightened me. I was never the brave one. Raising my little sister all alone had toughened my skin, but it was no match for Lucian.

A loud crash caught my attention. One of the elaborate vases sitting atop the tables suddenly fell as someone's elbow caught it. I could only wince in horror as the thousand pieces of crystal scattered to the floor. The man who had done it flinched for a moment but walked away. I sighed and walked over to the mess.

But hey, at least we were even on breaking each other's things.

I put Flora down onto the piano (dancing piano girl was now making out with a guy behind the curtains) and knelt down to pick up the pieces. Everyone stepped around us, expertly avoiding me. I had gathered almost half of the pieces when Flora gasped.

Suddenly, the door slammed against the wall with a loud thud.

I was too preoccupied with cleaning up the glass to notice the hush silence that fell down in the ballroom. It was only when the clinking sound of glass made when I accidentally dropped a piece sounded louder than I had realized. It was magnified to a thousand times in the quiet ballroom. I froze, my hands instantly starting to shake. With dread sinking to my stomach, I turned around.

There stood Lucian. His eyes were a bright golden, with depths that seemed endless. His bronze hair fell in loose strands, covering half his eyes. Oh, those eyes...I would never forget the look he gave me. It chilled me to my bone. He stared at me with pure rage, the monster inside about to break free.

And it was all my fault.

"I can explain." I said nervously. I carefully placed the shards of glass from my hands and onto the piano bench. Everyone's eyes were directed to anyone but Lucian and I. They all avoided the scene that was about to break out. They knew better. They knew Lucian, and the harsh temper he had. I began to tremble in fear. No one spoke or stepped up. No one would defy the Alpha, and no one ever would dare to.

Except me.

"When you said you would throw a party..." Lucian's voice was quiet and calm, but it was the sort of calm that hinted he was trying very hard to control his temper. As much as I wanted to run away, I forced myself to stand up straighter and look into his dark eyes. He stepped towards me slowly. Taking his time. Increasing my fear. "....I hadn't known you actually would. Humans are so impulsive, aren't they? Oh, my little Victoria...."

He twisted my name around his mouth like a cherry vine. I hated how he spoke it like it was vile to him. How his eyes traveled down my body like he was inspecting me for mistakes. But most of all, I hated how much he frightened me. Resisting the urge to run, I faced Lucian.

He suddenly smiled...and then started laughing quietly. But it was a strange laugh, one that held no humour. It was a dangerous sort of laughter, the kind that happens when there is nothing else to do but laugh at the sheer ridiculousness of it all. As quick as Lucian had started laughing, he instantly stopped. The smile dropped off his face. He stepped closer, every trace of brash amusement gone from his eyes.

"No one has ever defied me, Victoria, no one but you. Have you no sense of fear? Or do you just enjoy playing these little games with me, fluttering around like a little butterfly like you're absolutely invincible, like you're something more than a human girl..." He breathed, then suddenly went rigid, eyes flashing. "You do not stand up to me, Victoria! You do as I say and you submit. I am done playing nice. I've put up with this bullshit long enough. I've let you twist the authority around long enough. Now it's time to show you, little mate, who's the real Alpha here."

"Don't touch me!" I shrieked, stumbling back. Lucian took no notice to my yelp and continued stalking towards me, his eyes a livid yellow. He lunged forward and pulled me hard against his chest. The force knocked my breath out. Lucian bent down and talked into my ear, twisting one arm around my back like a vice, until I was crushed into him.

"Oh, that little mouth of yours." Lucian's voice was deathly quiet. It didn't even sound human anymore. "I've warned you it'll get you into trouble. When will you understand, Victoria? You cannot tell me what to do. You are mine, everything from your body to your mind belongs to me and no one else. You have no control. You will be under mine until your very last breath. Let this be an example, little one."

Lucian lowered his head, gently fitting his mouth against the curve of my neck. I felt the soft brush of his kiss, the imploring tongue, the heat of his lips and then the sharp edges of his teeth, so smoothly grazing against the delicate skin until he pulled his lips back. I didn't realize the danger behind his action until it was too late. Until I felt his teeth elongate, until the hand twisted through my hair become a restraint and then-

Pain erupted from my neck in half a second. The ballroom went up in gasps and quiet murmurs. I stumbled back and clamped a hand over the aching part of my neck. Lucian's lips were covered in blood. When he smiled, blood, my blood, dripped to the floor from his teeth. It took me one heart-stopping second to realize he had marked me.

Now I truly did belong to this beast.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 6 79
'Mate her!' Lukas's beast roared from within. The outburst surprised him. Unlike some situation where his wolf wanted blood from his women now, it's...
27.8M 917K 89
#1 werewolf #1 teenfiction "That night meant nothing to me Olivia." "You were just like another girl to me." He smirked, "and you KNOW how I do girls...
70.3K 1.9K 44
All Nyla wanted was a mate of her own, now she got one, but only to find out it was not how she envisioned him. After just meeting, Derek, her mate a...
19.3K 709 28
Warning: This book contains mature content. "Your scent is driving me crazy, mate. You're so ready for me," he said darkly, inhaling deeply, intoxica...