My Mate's Choice

By xoxosecretlover

Beatrix found her mate on her 16th birthday. Calvin isn't the perfect guy like every girl would want but that... More

My Mate's Choice
My Mate's Choice 01
My Mate's Choice 02
My Mate's Choice 03
My Mate's Choice 04
My Mate's Choice 05
My Mate's Choice 06
My Mate's Choice 07
My Mate's Choice 08
My Mate's Choice 09
My Mate's Choice 10
My Mate's Choice 11
My Mate's Choice 12
My Mate's Choice 13
My Mate's Choice 14
My Mate's Choice 15
My Mate's Choice 16
My Mate's Choice 17
My Mate's Choice 18
My Mate's Choice 19
My Mate's Choice 20
My Mate's Choice 21
My Mate's Choice 22
My Mate's Choice 23
My Mate's Choice 24
My Mate's Choice 25
My Mate's Choice 27
My Mate's Choice 28
My Mate's Choice 29
My Mate's Choice 30
My Mate's Choice 31
My Mate's Choice 32
My Mate's Choice 33
My Mate's Choice 34
My Mate's Choice 35
My Mate's Choice 36
My Mate's Choice 37
My Mate's Choice 38
My Mate's Choice 39
My Mate's Choice 40
My Mate's Choice 41

My Mate's Choice 26

17.8K 536 77
By xoxosecretlover

Calvin

I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe myself!

Beatrix was right in front of my eyes and I could do nothing to save and grab her from the damn vampire. The pack members had discussed a smooth plan whereby they would fight with the rogues first and let the routes clear for me to get in and went to find Beatrix straight.

I did as told and planned except I had to manually go to all of the rooms that they had in their dungeon because I couldn't detect Beatrix's scent. Surprisingly, the doors that led to the rooms are all located at the ceiling with a connected ladder which made things even more difficult. And to my unluckiness, Beatrix was in the last room that I opened and I only managed to see her for a split second before I watched the vampire flew up and through their room's ceiling.

"Calvin, you need to eat my dear. You also need to clean up a bit of your wounds on your arm," my mom said for the umpteenth time today. I didn't manage to fight but as I got underground, some of the rogue's swords did slash my arm a few times.

I ignored my mom and remained in my same sitting position. I sat crossed leg in front of Beatrix's birthday's teddy bear - hoping it was Beatrix instead of the teddy bear.

"Calvin, we can ask some of the rogues that we captured if they know anything about the vampire's whereabouts," the Luna suggested next. She came in with the Alpha but I was glad that the alpha didn't say anything because I was in no mood to listen to his orders.

After some time, they left at their own will; knowing that I wouldn't be listening to them whatever it was.

I continued staring blankly at the teddy bear and it was interrupted when I heard footsteps coming towards me. I waited for what to come but there was nothing. I was curious and so, I turned to look and saw my sister.

Jean was sitting next to me and was looking down at the floor. Her hair was tied in two pony tails and her bangs almost covered her whole forehead now. She had a packet of biscuit in her hands. Jean remained quiet, as though she understood the kind of comfort I needed but I was starting to feel guilty. I haven't been hanging out with Jean even though I had moved back into the pack house.

Not completely putting Beatrix's case aside, I asked Jean softly, "What are you doing here, Jean?"

"I want to bring you some food but when I was bringing the plate up, I spilled some milk and Sean scolded me for being careless and said I cannot bring any food up. So I bring you a biscuit," she explained to me in a sulky voice and handed me the pack of biscuit.

"Thank you," I said, "What did you want to bring?"

"Cereal and milk. I heard mummy said that you didn't want to eat and I saw the food and it was rice with soup and vegetables. I know they don't taste good and that's why you do not want to eat. But I spilled the milk and Sean scolded me so I only managed to sneak biscuit up."

A smile crept into my face willingly. One thing I realized now was that I haven't been appreciating the people around me too well. And with the same reason, Beatrix wasn’t here with me; because I didn’t know how to appreciate her.

Jean was still so young and she still needed love from me and everyone else but with the situation that we had, we had all kind of neglected her.

I tore the pack of the butter biscuit and was about to have a bite when I heard a stomach's growl. I pretty sure it wasn't mine and I turned to look at Jean who was trying to cover up her tummy.

"Have you not eaten, Jean?"

"No. Nobody made breakfast today. They made only for themselves and their friends," Jean complained.

I didn't understand what Jean had said because breakfasts were usually prepared by 8 in the morning. Trying to make Jean feel better, I broke the biscuit into half and handed her one of it. Jean grinned and snatched the biscuit; quickly gobbling it up. I chuckled and bite onto the other half of the biscuit.

"But I'm still hungry, Calvin. Do you want to come down with me and take some food for me?" Jean pleaded with her sulky face. There was no way I could say no because Jean was hungry and I wouldn't want her to grow up learning how to starve herself.

"Come on," I said and got up. I picked Beatrix's teddy bear and placed it back on the bed before helping Jean onto her feet. We walked hand in hand down and when we reached the staircase, I saw Alpha Brody.

Alpha Brody was with her little sister whom the pack had saved yesterday. Her sister was curled up against his side and he was reading her a story book. Walking down the stairs further, I spotted Valerie in the clinic's room along with Matt. I spotted Jayden, Valerie's little sister on her lap and Matt was feeding him a plate of food.

My heart ached. Now, the people who were captured were back with their family and loved ones whereas for me, I still had no idea where my mate was.

Beatrix

I rolled over and only finally woke up when I was about to fell off the bed. Rubbing my eyes, I tried to get up from the oh so comfy bed.

I looked around and realized that everything was white - the walls, the cupboards, the couch, the desk, the lamp and even the bed. They were so white and it was so beautiful. But I still couldn't figure out where was I.

I tried recalling what happened before I fell asleep and I was reminded of Calvin's blue eyes; watching me as Gabriel took me with him just like I wanted.

"Hey, you're awake?" A voice startled me. I turned to the source of voice and smiled when I saw Gabriel coming in with a glass of milk in his right hand. I felt happy, seeing him.

"Good morning," I said to him.

"It's 4 in the afternoon now, my dear," Gabriel replied as he approached me.

"Oh," I gasped. How long was I asleep?

"Yeah. You slept for two days and I had to constantly check on you if you're still breathing," Gabriel chuckled.

"I felt tired. I didn't know I was out for two days," I stated, honestly.

"It's okay," Gabriel said as he took a seat in front of me on the bed. "Do you want some?" He asked, referring to the glass of milk in his hand. I nodded because my throat was drying. I took the glass from him and gulped down everything. "And now, we have to talk."

I eyed him and then return the glass back into his hand. He sounded serious and I kinda didn't like how it sounded like. "Okay," I replied.

"Beatrix, you know that I am a vampire right?" He started. I nodded. "We're two different people with two different backgrounds, Beatrix. The reason why I want to talk to you first before I do anything else is so that I can explain myself to you first."

"Vampires and werewolves don't go together. The reason why I had my mate was because I was cursed. But now, the damages have been done and I've already killed her for... you know the reason why. I am not expecting myself to like you very much, to love you but I do and I can't figure out how. But we're not gonna work, Beatrix. Plus, you have a mate."

"My mate doesn't love me," I quickly said, "And I don't think I would be able to love him, especially after what he did."

"You will grow to love him, Beatrix. The two of you are werewolves and mates and are meant for each other. I don't want to come in your way because I also realize that I have a vampire mate waiting for me somewhere out there too."

"Don't you love me?" I whispered quietly. I didn't want Gabriel to let me go even though...

'He has to let us go...' I heard a voice inside me. Part of me was relieved that I heard my wolf speak but another part of me disliked what she had just said. 'We have a mate waiting for us...'

Ignoring her, I flung my arm around Gabriel's neck. "I want to learn and grow to love you, like you said you love me."

"Beatrix, I will always love you - remember that. You're the only werewolf whom I would like and love. I hated your species since my mate but you came and changed the whole of my mind-set about it. But just so you know that when I let you go, it means that I want the best for you. You won't be able to live up to my way and vice versa," he explained as he rubbed my back.

I teared and slowly removed my arms from around Gabriel. Was I that disgusting that nobody wanted to be with me? Was I actually meant to be alone forever?

Gabriel kissed my first fallen tear and said, "You would have a better life without me." And with that, he got up and left the room.

I shut my eyes tight and cried harder. I wanted to be strong. I needed to be strong. Even if no guy wanted me, I would still be Beatrix because... Girl Power! I was gonna live through whatever that the Moon Goddess was gonna put me through. With or without mate!

Opening my eyes with confidence, this time, I was surprised to find myself lying on the tiles in front of my pack's house.

Sorry, it’s short. I was down with fever and still recovering.

Anyway, what do you guys think of this chapter? Let me know :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7M 243K 43
He's an alpha. She is nothing. He's loud and outgoing. She's a mute freak. He needs his mate. She wants to be dead. What happens when two opposites c...
129K 3.1K 22
I was a human girl looking for a safe place from the supernatural creatures that had invaded our world. I never expected to be a mate to a powerful w...
1M 20.3K 31
"I, Cal River, Alpha of the Climax Night pack reject you, Raven Woods, as my pack's Luna and as my mate." ***** Raven Woods was born a rogue. She wou...
840K 18.9K 29
What happens when enemies become mates? Cassie Dawson a sarcastic teenage werewolf with the alpha blood running through her veins. A menace to societ...