One Night - Jooheon

By adorejooheon

They only have one night. Can they make the best of it? Lee Jooheon of Monsta X More

i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xix
xx
xxi
xxii
xxiii
the end

xxiv

1.1K 41 3
By adorejooheon

After finding a bathroom and reviving ourselves with a snack, we stood outside the venue waiting.

We watched as groups of people continuously dispersed from the venue.
It seemed to take forever.
I couldn't wait to run to him.

I skipped around Rose while singing the Monsta X songs we had just heard live.
She was annoyed at this point but the boys still hadn't exited the building.
There was fewer people walking out now, which meant they were probably about done with hi touch.
The outside was pretty empty besides the late stragglers that wanted to see MX leave.

I spent this time looking through my camera roll. The pictures I had just taken from the concert were so beautiful. A few were blurry from my hand shaking but most were perfect.
The pictures as Jooheon reached for my hand made my breath catch. He had such a strong effect on me.

A black van pulled in front of the venue.
Finally the boys walked out towards the van.
Minhyuk was skipping and waving at every fan that stayed behind, as the others just smiled and walked.

I walked into the small crowd that was around them just in time to make eye contact with Jooheon.
He shot me a knowing smile and I gave him a thumbs up.
Minhyuk was finally ripped away from greeting every fan and the van was loaded.
He continued to wave out the window as the van drove away. Rose was thrilled with it all.

Rose and I waited until everyone made their way away from the venue. She would then take her taxi back to the hotel and wait for me like last time.
She trapped me in a bone crushing hug while laughing loudly.
My best friend was nuts but I love her for that. She's a true friend for coming all this way with me and then hanging out in the hotel while I'm meeting a guy. Not just any guy, but Monsta X's Jooheon.

--
The coast was clear now.
I made my way to the back of the venue where we had first met.
My steps echoed creepily as I walked deeper and deeper.

Jooheons silhouette almost made me jump out of my skin. A relieved breath escaped mouth as we came face to face under the dim light.

"Hi"
"Hi"

My arms wrapped around his neck as his connected around my torso. I laid my head on his shoulder, this time could really be the very last time I see him and I planned to take in every single moment.

I could hear his heartbeat, a sound I would never forget.
"Thanks for coming" he whispered to the top of my head.
"Of course I would come," I lifted my head to look him in the face without breaking our embrace. "I would come to every single show if I could"

It was hard to be completely happy with him like this. I knew nothing would come from our secret meetings but I enjoyed every second with him.

"I'm taking you on a date." He smiled. He pulled away from my arms. His hand wrapped around mine and we made our way to the street to find a taxi.

--

"I hope you like sushi" he smiled at me.

Our hands never unlatched from each other as we sat at a table in the cozy restaurant.
Sitting across from him made my heart feel full.

We had casual small talk until our food came. Different types of sushi stared back at me from the table .
"Wow," I chuckled. "I hope you've got room for all of this."

"Believe me, I do!" He laughed back.
My smiles turned down in the corners at the thought of him working so hard he didn't have time to eat. And he's gotten so skinny lately that I've been worried!
Our hands slid apart to enjoy the food in front of us; I instantly missed the warmth of his skin.

"Try this" he said with a roll of sushi between his chopsticks.
I leaned towards him, opening my mouth. I was enveloped by the amazing flavor that hit my taste buds.
"It's my favorite" he smiled.
"Delicious!"

We enjoyed every piece of beautifully crafted sushi.
Our conversation when back and forth about what we had been up to since we had last seen each other.
Of course he had been busy with the comeback and the tour but hearing the details from him sounded so much better.
I loved watching him talk about the rest of the group and his company; his eyes lit up in the most amazing way.

"I still remember exactly the moment I fist saw you," he said reaching across the table, holding both my hands in his.
"I knew there was something special about you"

My face blushed fiercely remembering how we made eye contact for the first time.

"The members still think It's crazy how I waited for you to come through the hi touch line to meet you," he laughed.
"they said I'm creepy"

"I think it was sweet" I squeeze his hands.

.
.
We made our way back outside into the humid air. Our hands were instantly clasped together again.

"I leave tomorrow morning" he finally spoke the words neither of us wanted to say. "But we're going to talk every second I can, I promise!"

I was touched that he even wanted to continue to be in contact with me.
My bottom lip tremble a bit. Nonono there will be no crying!

We walked past a small shop selling small jewelry and souvenirs.
"Come on" I said pulling his hand inside.

Memories of LA covered the walls.
tshirts, mugs, pens, every piece of cheesy souvenirs was packed in here.

I scanned the t shirts with I (heart) LA as Jooheon wandered around behind.

I ended with buying Rose one of the t shirts, which she was definitely going to appreciate. It was the very least I could do for a friend like her.

I watched as he sneakily bought something while sticking out his tongue at me.
I laughed at his childish behavior.
He was immensely adorable no matter what he did.

"Whaaaaat did you get?" I asked while leaving the shop.

"Oooohhh nothing" he laughed.

I poked his ribs making him laugh loudly. His laugh was my favorite sound.
He grabbed my hand leading me to a conveniently placed bench.

"Open it" he said passing me the small bag from the shop.

My bottom lip quivered again as I pulled out two matching necklaces.
Stooop that's so cute.

They were similar to dog tags with only the word 'fate' along the bottom.

"It was truly fate for us to meet," he explained brushing a piece of hair behind my ear.

He took one of the necklaces and put it over my head.

"Thank you" I said putting my hand over it.

He slipped his own over his head.
"I'm gonna wear it everyday," he said. "So you make sure to wear yours too"

I nodded and placed my head on his shoulder. It really was fate.

[new message]
My phone vibrated in my pocket.

'Bring Food'

I laughed loudly after reading the message causing Jooheon to question me.

"My friend Rose wants me to bring her food" I explained.
"I can have one of the members take her something, if you want?"

"Can I request Minhyuk?"

-

Our date led us back to the park we had ended up at the first time we met.

We sat in the same swings, in the same city neither of us lived in.
"Remember what I did last time?"
I nodded as he got up and started pushing me slowly on the swing.

"What drama did you see this in again?" I laughed.
"I don't remember but it was cute" he answered.

The sun set, making me frown knowing it would be time to go soon.

"Don't frown" Jooheon said kneeling in front of me.
He captured my face between his hands.

He slowly leaned in.
I knew he was trying another move he saw on a drama.

Our lips connected and I felt my heart explode. I swear I saw fireworks through my closed eyes.

When we pulled apart our foreheads leaned against each other.

"I'm gonna see you again"

-

We stood in front of the venue now. This was the place we first met. I thought I was just coming for a concert but I left with so much more.

"I should get back to Rose now" I sigh. "And you have to rest before your flight"

"Let's do this before we go then"
He takes my phone from my hands, he smiles at his own picture as my lockscreen, before opening the camera.

We take a cute picture together to remember our time together.
"Now you can have that as your lock screen" he laughs.

"It's late" I sigh again. It's getting pretty dark. I don't want him to be tired when he leaves. I want the best for him.
"Take care of yourself"

"I always do" he smiles.
"Don't overwork and Remember to eat"

"Yes, I will" he sticks his tongue out.

He wraps me in the last hug before we go our separate ways again.
His heartbeat echoes in my ears as he presses me into his chest.

He kisses my forehead for the last time before we really do need to say goodbye.

"See you again, Jenna"

"See you again, Jooheon"

Our finger tips are the last to linger on each other before we walk in separate directions to grab taxis to our hotels.

--

Back at the hotel Rose is laying upside down on the bed watching tv .
"Immm baaackkk"

She instantly jumps up and swings me around in her arms.
"Guess who was here?!" She excitedly squeals in my ear.
"Hmm possibly a cute boy?" I laugh.

"Yes! Oh my lord!" She falls back onto the bed. "Minhyuk literally brought me food like whaaaaaat!?"

"You're welcome" I laugh harder while dropping down beside her.

-
-

the morning after, we had a plane to catch.
I tried not to frown while rolling my luggage through the airport.
I was so happy hours before but now it was time to leave.

LA held many memories for me.
I'll be back again.

I dropped into my seat in the plane and Rose plopped down next to me.
She was busily typing a message to Minhyuk, apparently they became buddies last night.

[new message]
A picture of a smiling Jooheon filled my screen. His selfie showed him sitting comfortably in his seat in the airplane.
I sent him back a selfie before setting my phone to airplane mode.

My eyes closed lazily and I fell into a calm sleep for the plane ride.

-

-
-
It's been two weeks since my last night with Jooheon.
We talked everyday since we left LA, he wasn't busy these days as they finished promotions.
My phone was constantly flooded with the cutest selfies of everywhere he went.
My life consisted of going between university, work and home so my selfies back weren't as exciting.

We did our best to keep in contact through the next day's, weeks and months that past.
Messages, Calls and Video chatting kept us together but I missed the way I felt when we were together.

There was no plans of Monsta X returning this year and I was disappointed.

I started getting busy with school, midterms and finals were killing me.
Jooheon had practices, photoshoots and shows to do.

When I miss him my hand tangles around my necklace.
My fingers trace the words Fate and I know that fate brought us together before and it definitely will again.

My smiles stretches wide when I see his pictures on twitter. His necklace sits against his chest, nobody knows the hidden meaning behind it.

Months keep passing by.
I miss him.

"I wish you were here"
"Id fly to you in a heartbeat..."

.
.
.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177 1 22
19K 955 32
11/17/19 to 01/26/21 published 01/20/21 to 08/29/21
146K 2.8K 101
basically one shots of Monsta X
239K 6.6K 111
[ imagines/one shots of monsta x ] °genie of creating fantasies° Published: 13 May 2017 Completed: 18 June 2020