Royal Blood

By Ouatobsessed

Daring, mysterious, smart, cunning, overly rich and most of all; breathtaking. Men in every realm wish to be... More

Part One Chapter One: The Proposal
Chapter Two: Young Bride
Chapter Three: Masquerade
Chapter Four: New Journey
Chapter Five: Safe Haven
Chapter Six: Young Child
Chapter Seven: Welcome Home
Chapter Eight: Follow Along
Chapter Nine: Set Up
Chapter Ten: Fight or Flight
Chapter Eleven: Another Day
Chapter Twelve: Night Terrors
Chapter Thirteen: Travelers Town
Chapter Fourteen: Hidden Secrets
Chapter Fifteen: Drifting Away
Chapter Sixteen: Fresh Look
Chapter Seventeen: Harsh Awakenings
Chapter Eighteen: Sweet Reunion
Chapter Nineteen: Goodnight Kiss
Chapter Twenty: Choosing Sides
Chapter Twenty-One: The Arrow
Chapter Twenty-Two: Royal Blood
Chapter Twenty-Three: Holding On
Part 2 Chapter Twenty-Four: The Husband
Chapter Twenty-Five: Royal Duties
Chapter Twenty-Six: Search Hard
Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Scream
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Dark One
Chapter Twenty-Nine: First Lesson
Chapter Thirty: Fitting Right
Chapter Thirty-One: The Fight
Chapter Thirty-Two: Major Setbacks
Chapter Thirty-Three: Grieving
Chapter Thirty-Four: Evil Queen
Chapter Thirty-Five: Found Out
Chapter Thirty-Six: Rise Up
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Commanding Troops
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Waging War
Chapter Thirty-Nine: The Kill
Chapter Fourty: Your Majesty
Chapter Fourty-One: Man Hunt
Chapter Fourty-Two: Broken Repair
Chapter Fourty-Three: The Dungeons
Chapter Fourty-Four: My Queen
Chapter Fourty-Five: Finding Peace
Chapter Fourty-Six: Balancing Love
Chapter Fourty-Seven: True Colors
Chapter Fourty-Eight: True Love
Chapter Fourty-Nine: His Choice
Chapter Fifty-One: Magic Baby
Chapter Fifty-Two: Growing Near
Chapter Fifty-Three: Too Good
Chapter Fifty-Four: His choice
Chapter Fifty-Five: Farewell Bidding
Chapter Fifty-Six: Miss You
Chapter Fifty-Seven: One Night
Chapter Fifty-Eight: Days Past
Epilogue

Chapter Fifty: Four Weeks

1K 51 1
By Ouatobsessed

Regina winced, holding tightly to the bed posts as Katherine pulled harder on the strings of her majesty's corset. The world around Regina spun slightly with every shallow breath. Focusing on the dainty ring Robin had given her earlier that day, Regina bit her lip.

"There." Suddenly the yanking stopped. "That should do." Regina gasped as Katherine led Regina to sit by her vanity. The nurse began to brush out Regina's still damp hair. "For the next four weeks you will be separated from Robin in preparation for the wedding. You'll train for protection, motherhood, royalty and for your strength in magic." Seeing that she had lost Regina's attention to a small bead on the vanity, Katherine yanked a strand of Regina's hair, eliciting a yelp and a glare. "It is forbidden for you two to see each other, do you understand?"

Regina nodded, slouching down in he chair. How was it that after almost two years of leading and being in charge she was back in her room, smaller and less powerful than the mice within the castle walls?

"No slouching." Katherine snapped. "Sit up straight and let me finish up."

And so Regina sat, waiting to be released from the makeshift prison Katherine had fabricated. Regina knew if was for the best but couldn't contain the agitation that began to build up from being cooped up all day. She paced her bedroom floors while Katherine picked out a suitable outfit and chewed her nails as Katherine rambled on about the duties of being Queen. At last, when Regina thought she couldn't take it anymore, a knock on the door drew Katherine away long enough for Regina to scurry over to the balcony doors. Her hands fumbled with the lock as an urgency to breathe fresh air became greater.

"Ah just in time!" Katherine chimed, halting Regina's clumsy effort to escape her four walls. "Regina, Zelena is here for tea."

Turning so that her back pressed against the glass doors, Regina smiled as she greeted her sister. "Good, Good. I'll leave you two now." Katherine curtsied before making her way to the door. "It was nice seeing you, Zelena. And I'll see you tomorrow morning." Katherine raised a single eyebrow before closing the door behind her; the silent threat of what she would do to Regina if she stepped out of line lingering in the air.

"You look lovely." Zelena cleared her throat, waiting for Katherine's footsteps to fade. "I figured you might want to take a walk around the palace grounds." Regina nodded in silence, walking to her sister's side.

They left the palace together, side by side, neither one of them speaking much. It was the first time in 5 years since the two had been alone together for more than a few minutes. The sisters were now merely acquaintances in each other's presence. No longer did they share the bond of sisterhood: only duty held them together.

"What was it like?" Zelena broke the silence, clasping her hands in front of her.

Regina looked up, surprised at the nature of the question. There were so many things Zelena could've meant. Their experiences were far apart: Zelena grew up as a proper wife while Regina was left in the shadows, unruly when no one was looking. But Regina knew Zelena was curious about her adventures outside the castle walls. Neither of them had been to a village or surrounding town.

"Scary." Regina admitted. "But then I fell into the arms of a nice woman and her daughter. They owned a tavern. And I had to work for my stay." Regina caught Zelena's look of disgust and smiled. "It wasn't hard work, really. I washed dishes and served beer."

"That's unacceptable!" Zelena gasped. "The Queen should never-"

"They didn't know who I was." Reina reminded her sister. "I got to take care of a little boy. He was the only thing that gave me hope."

"Did you want to come back?" Zelena paused then, taking a moment to see just how grown up Regina had become.

"I told myself that I wanted to. But I don't think I did. I met Robin and he offered to take me with him. I was happy with him. I was free."

The two women rounded the corner, looking down upon the training fields. Men worked hard in the afternoon heat, wielding blades and practicing for war.

"What do you see in him?" Zelena asked, this time noticing the ring on Regina's finger.

"He doesn't look at me the way I've been looked at my entire life. To him, I'm not a child nor a queen. I'm a woman, no different from the thousands in the village where he came from. He's gentle and kind and always seems to put others before himself. He cares for me and admires the way I care for Roland. He's protective and doesn't expect anything. He isn't arrogant or crude. And he doesn't care that I'm royalty. He'd rather live in a camp with me as his wife than live in this palace with me as his partner. But he'd do it a thousand times just to be with me. Robin is pure."

Regina sighed then, looking over at her sister. For the first time, she noticed the wrinkles above her eyes, they way her lips drooped. Her eyebrows furrowed now, the light in her eyes faded. Zelena was no longer the young woman Regina had always looked up to. Time had aged her, pulling her farther from Regina's grasp in only a years time.

"I missed you." Regina whispered, standing tall beside her sister. Zelena smiled, giving a stiff nod.

"I miss you." Zelena whispered, leading Regina back down towards the palace.

***

For the next week Regina reluctantly sat inside, preparing for inevitable queendom. She studied spells, listened to lectures and went through more fittings than she had in a lifetime. She sat in agony, looking out windows or staring at doors, expecting to see Robin come in with a smile, laughing at her undergarments or listening to her spells.

She saw Roland when Robin was off doing training of his own. Only then was Regina allowed a break. She and Roland would sneak a midday snack or snuggle up and read. Her favorite activity for them, however, was teaching Roland how to read and write. He was so intrigued by language, excitement bursting through his little body when he learned a new word.

Regina cherished these moments. Roland was growing fast and Regina couldn't let his age slip away like she had let Zelena's. So she held on tight to these memories, always reluctant to return the young boy to his chambers before Robin returned.

At night, Regina could barely sleep. Her mind wandered to other places, her body restless and aching to be near Robin's. Yet, she laid in bed until the sun rose. Until she couldn't take it any longer.

Sick of laying still, Regina sat up from her bed, pulling her black fur robe over her silk nightgown. She needed a change in scenery. Something to get her mind off of the stress she had found herself in.

Slipping into her riding boots, Regina snuck towards her bedroom door and out into the hall. The moon light from the high windows caused shadows to dance around Regina as she made her way for the back stairwell that would lead her to the vegetable garden.

Before she knew it, Regina stood outside in the cold, watching as her breath turned to fog. She smiled, shivering slightly as her body adjusted to the chill. The stars gleamed above her, drawing her attention upwards. The fresh, cool air surged in and out of her lungs as she twisted the small ring on her finger. Regina couldn't recall how many nights she and robin had spent under the stars, separated by knowledge and fear. Oh, what she wouldn't give for one night with him now.

The squish of damp grass under foot drew Regina's attention to the edge of the forest, not far from where she was standing. A tall figure cloaked in darkness came towards her, his pace increasing as he neared. Regina squinted, smiling as soon as the shadows left Robin to the moonlight. His hair was ruffled and messy, his green jacket hugging his arms just right. He looked unkempt as if the lonely nights had gotten to him too.

Regina couldn't bare not being with him any longer. The first of four weeks had worn her down and she was grateful she wouldn't have to wait three more for him.

"Robin!" She called, racing towards her lover. He instantly lifted her in his arms, showering her with light kisses as she laughed. "Shhh." She warned, batting at his arms. "They'll hear us."

"I don't care." Robin shook his head, looking into her eyes then. They both froze, breathing heavily.

Regina swallowed, feeling like the helpless girl Robin had found. "What were you doing?" She whispered, not able to look away from him. "It's late."

"I could ask the same of you, m'lady." Robin smirked, squeezing Regina's waist. "I went to check around the borders of the palace. I can't sleep knowing that somewhere out there are people who want to harm you." Robin admitted, his smile fading.

Regina frowned, cupping his face to bring them closer together. "Is there anything I can do to help you take that off your mind?" Regina asked, raising an eyebrow. Robin looked down at her, placing a gentle kiss on her forehead. "Won't you come back to the palace with me?" She pleaded, squeezing his hand then. "Your preparations will be of no use if you worry all night. Come with me for one night and I promise everything will be okay."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30K 1.3K 40
"There he is, my thief, my fiancé, my soon-to-be husband. He stands tall and handsome as ever with royal clothes made by the outfit makers and sewer...
62.4K 2.6K 24
There he is. My true love, my soul mate, the one person I had trusted and allowed to enter the walls that I have built up to keep me from a heart bre...
9.3K 393 22
[Ranked #40 in TheEvilQueen #3 in RobinofLocksley] The Queen, Regina, is a beautiful woman who is married to King Leopold. There are castle walls whe...
75.6K 1.8K 32
"One day, I'll tell you the story of your daddy. How he gave his life to save us. And how much he loves you." Long before her Evil days, Regina fell...