Daydream • K.M.

By RejectsandDirections

"Baby, I'm a sociopath, Sweet serial killer. On the warpath Cause I love you just a little too much." In whic... More

Disclaimer & Playlist
Cast
(3.1) In the Mourning
(3.2) Young Heart
(3.3) Moonlight
(3.4) Witch Hunt
(3.5) The Wolf's Den
(3.6) Lineage
(3.8) Family Dinner
(3.9) Brotherly Bonding
(3.10) The Matriarch
(3.11) Midnight Memories
(3.12) Anger Management
(3.13) In-Laws
(3.14) The Hunt
(3.15) Girl Talk
(3.16) Guilt
(3.17) Hail Mary
(3.18) The Breakfast Club
(3.19) Research
(3.20) Reunion
(3.21) Bonfire
(3.22) Wishes
(3.23) Reunited
(3.24) Shark Tank
(3.25) The Muskateers
(3.26) Man Down
(3.27) The Pact
(3.28) Ceremony
(3.29) Bickering
(3.30) Boom
(3.31) Here Comes The Bride
(3.32) Two Years
(3.33) The Countdown
(3.34) Details
(3.35) Birds and Bees
(3.36) ...And Something Blue
(3.37) The Dress
(3.38) The Mikaelson Family
(3.39) The Last First Dance
(3.40) Waiting
(3.41) The Missing Mikaelson
(3.42) Backstory
(3.43) Paranoia
(3.44) Headmistress
(3.45) Finders Keepers
(3.46) Possession
(3.47) Get Out
(3.48) Idle Chat
(3.49) The Great Debate
(3.50) Heart
(3.51) Dog Days
(3.52) The Reveal
(3.53) Consequences
(3.54) The Silence
Interlude. Homeward
Life Update

(3.7) Pack

3.5K 121 11
By RejectsandDirections

As Eden and Hayley walked through the brushes of the woods, the surrounding wolves let out a breath of relief as they saw that no harm had come to their leader at the hands of Klaus' future bride.

Eden stood a few paces back from Hayley as they walked, surveying the way that the wolves regarded Hayley as she walked towards them. Her shoulders were pushed back and she walked with long confidant strides as she held her head up high and met the eyes of every wolf that watched her. She was a queen in every sense of the word and the grace that she carried for someone who had only gained the role a year ago was astounding to Eden. Compared to Hayley, Eden wondered how Klaus ever saw her being like this, she herself wanted to bow down in Hayley's presence.

At the thought of her fiancée, Eden looked towards where the car was parked, only to find that the spot that Klaus was standing in was now vacant as Jana took the place next to it, sending Eden a small smile as she approached her. The werewolves backed away in the slightest at Jana's advance and though Eden could not blame them, she felt bad because she knew that Jana considered them her friends.

"Where is he?" Eden asked lowly as Jana came into hearing range, though Eden knew perfectly well that she could hear her from where she originally stood.

"He's gone to see about the teenage witch Cassie. Apparently she's been breaking the rules in Klaus' city." Eden had no problem recognizing the patronizing tone in her cousin's voice, but she ignored it as she turned to Hayley.

"Who is this witch?" Eden asked, but her question went unanswered when Oliver stepped forward, and from the smell of fresh blood coming from his lip, he had just gotten into a fight not too long ago. Eden did not have to guess with who.

"So what's the plan Hayley? You're seriously going to let that thing join the pack?" Eden frowned, pushing a strand of hair away from her ear.

"You want to say that again, I don't think I caught what you said right." She asked, a glare forming on her face as Jana took a half step in front of her to block Oliver from her sight.

"Oliver shut up." Jana snapped, and Hayley walked forward so that she was standing directly in front of Oliver.

"How many times do you want me to have this conversation with you. Eden-" Oliver spoke over her.

"Ain't one of us. She's a disgusting bloodsucking hybrid-" Hayley stepped forward again and Oliver's argument died in his throat.

"You're right Oliver, she's a hybrid. Which means that while one part of her is a vampire, the other part of her is wolf." Glaring at the blond in front of her, Hayley took a step back and looked around at the wolves that surrounded her.

"Eden knew nothing about her wolf parentage and as a result, she has been alone in dealing with everything that comes to being a wolf for the last four months. Now I'm going to say this and I'm only going to say it once so listen up! Eden is one of us now, and she will be treated as a part of this pack. If anyone has a problem with that then they can come to me and I can happily rectify the situation." Crossing her arms together in finality, Hayley waited for someone to say anything against her and Eden stood back, a little shocked a Hayley decree.

Eden knew that Hayley planned to make good on her word about making Eden apart of the pack but she had no idea that she would be so quick to accept her as one of them and if she was being honest; Eden was flattered. Stepping around Jana, Eden approached Hayley who watched as some of the werewolves wandered off to find something to do.

"Um, Hayley." Eden mumbled, waiting as Hayley turned around at the sound of her name. When Hayley saw that it was Eden, her shoulders slumped down slightly in relaxation.

"Hey, sorry about Oliver earlier." She apologized, but Eden shook her head.

"Don't worry about it Hayley, really. Any wolf who betrays his pack so easily doesn't deserve half the respect that you're giving him by letting him stay." Hayley let out a sigh, glancing back at Oliver, who was clearly listening in on their conversation.

"Yeah well, he's as much a part of this pack as everyone else and he deserves a second chance." Eden nodded, though she felt the complete opposite.

"That's what I was actually going to ask you about. I was wondering if there was anything that I could do that would be of help to you." Eden asked. Hayley's eyes widened, clearly taking off guard by Eden's wanting to help.

"I'm sure there's something that you can help Hayley with actually." Jana said, walking up to the two girls. Her and Hayley exchanged a look as Hayley put her hand on her hips.

"She's right actually, if you're up for it, we could really use your help." Hayley said.

"And what exactly is it that you need?" Eden asked, raising an eyebrow in suspicion.

"It's nothing bad!" Jana rushed out, and Eden gave her a skeptic look.

"What do you need?" She repeated.

"Some of the wolves that have been coming into town don't really have a way to support themselves and they don't really have anywhere to go." Hayley started, but Eden already knew where the conversation was heading.

"You want me to play hostess to the wolves?" Eden asked, and Hayley nodded, gesturing for Eden to walk with her and Eden did so, leaving Jana alone.

"I'm sorry, but how many wolves are you asking me to take in?" Eden asked.

"I don't really know right now but for the time there are at least twenty of them without homes and we can't hold that many people here." Eden frowned.

"Hayley what am I supposed to do with them on the night of the full moon? Not to mention the fact that I have no idea if this is going to be a cause of conflict to the vampires in the Quarter." Eden explained. "I'm not saying this because I don't want them there, I'm saying this because I'm guessing that the witch Cassie is going to try to make a power grab for the wolves now that Francesca is dead. I have no idea what she is going to do." Hayley nodded.

"That's the reason that I'm asking you to take them in. Cassie has been openly recruiting wolves to do her dirty work and I'm trying to keep as many of them away from her as I possibly can. I'm hoping that by having them with you it would help them see that they don't need to be under Cassie's rule to be safe in the Quarter." Eden frowned, letting out a breath.

"I'll take them Hayley, but I can't promise that they won't stray if Cassie is able to offer them something better than we can. Not to mention that Nik won't be fond of sharing his home with the wolves." She answered.

"All I'm asking is that they have somewhere to stay for now. We'll find a more permanent place for them soon." She promised and while Eden still was not keen on the idea, she figured that it was the best option for Hayley, and in the long run, for her as well.

* * *

"This place seems bigger than the last time I was here." Hayley commented as she and Eden led a group of about ten or so wolves into the compound. Eden hummed in response, gesturing to the rooms that were scattered around the first floor.

"Take any of the rooms on the first floor, all rooms on the second floor are off limits unless told so otherwise by Jana or myself." Eden instructed.

"Are we running a kennel now?" Eden heard from above her. Looking up, she saw her fiancee making his way down the stairs until he was standing in front of the two women.

"We'll handle them." Hayley spoke up before Eden could open her mouth. Klaus ignored the wolf, zeroing in on Eden as he towered over her.

"Our family is under siege, it is not the time for guests." He scolded. Eden crossed her arms together.

"If they aren't with us then they're with the witches. You asked me to get in touch with my wolf side, this is me doing it." She reminded him. Klaus gave her a long look, and then smirked.

"Well it seems as though I'm a good influence on you after all," He turned to Hayley. "Now if you'll excuse me, I need to have a word with my bride, please do clean up after your flock." Hayley rolled her eyes at him, and Eden let him pull her along until they reached his study where he shut the door.

"Nik I know that this isn't the best time for-" Eden started but Klaus cut her off.

"That would be an understatement given the revelation that has just come to light." Klaus said, leaning against the desk. Eden frowned.

"What happened?" She asked.

"When I went to see the witch Cassie, I knew that there was something off about her. Her mannerism, her fervor of the way she spoke about her hatred of our kind, everything down to the way she said my name it was all too familiar." Klaus spoke, and Eden's stomach began to drop.

"Nik, what is it?" She pressed, and Klaus looked up at her, an unexplainable emotion in his eyes.

"My mother is possessing the body of the last Harvest girl. She has been manipulating the minds of the werewolves and other witches alike. Rallying her forces so that there are enough to be spilling onto the streets and right up to our door." Eden's heart dropped at the realization of what her fiancee was telling her. Ester was back, and it was only a matter of time before she found out that Haven was still alive.

"Is this the worst of the news Nik?" Eden asked, and when Klaus did not answer her, Eden felt her heart fall again.

"Davina is in control of Mikael, and he is in control of the White Oak Stake. There's only a matter of time before she unleashes him on me, or worse, she loses control of him and he hunts us down." Eden could see it happening. Right in front of her eyes, she could see Klaus' panic and in a swift move, she sped over to him and placed her hands on his cheeks so that he was looking at her.

"Hey, we are going to figure this out. You and your siblings have evaded death for a thousand years, I have no fear that the same will not happen again." Klaus placed a hand over Eden's, closing his eyes as Eden listened to the sound of his heart beating. It was her favorite sound; and it was a sound that she would always fight to keep listening to.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 5.2K 30
She couldn't be a good mother to the kids she already had much less having been forced to give away one but now she has a second chance. Read to find...
87.3K 1.3K 51
"...She became the Ripper of New Orleans..." "They call you heartless; but you have a heart and I love you for being ashamed to show it." The first H...
58.9K 1K 18
When Elijah cheats on Y/n and leaves her heartbroken, she turns to Klaus for comfort. But when Y/n and Klaus start to have feelings for one another...
45.9K 1.6K 36
Rosalie Salvatore and Klaus Mikaelson left for New Orleans. When her visions and nightmares get worse and then she is faced with the most difficult c...